TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Welcome to the TEC 2013 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Welcome to the TEC 2013 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Welcome to the TEC 2013 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Welcome to the TEC 2013 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Welcome to the TEC 2013 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Welcome to the TEC 2013 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Welcome to the TEC 2013 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Welcome to the TEC 2013 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Welcome to the TEC 2013 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Welcome to the TEC 2013

+34
Ax4x Kane
BG Wingnut396
HCR ChicaiN
BalmierPie671
TLR Scrublord
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
exp1osive sam
CredibleWizard
RW26 BLAZE
Ax4x Mikey J
Hailfire97x
F4H Bullet
VictorJansen
LMR Zakspeed
LastNewtStandin
AdamWatson99
LMR DarthMario
ShrinkingSteven
Ax4x Bandit
wood53y
Ax4x Chaddy
HCR generaltso
theboomeranga
CQR Rogue
F4H Lotterer
Wooflers
RumbleBee 392
LMR BlackHawk
XPR Roadrunner
Standaman94
XXX Skyrocket
F4H bandicoot
Adder 020
Richy59
38 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Welcome to the TEC 2013 Empty Welcome to the TEC 2013

Post by Richy59 Sat 2 Feb 2013 - 12:59

Welcome to the TEC 2013 8429758121_9a693b426c_c

The TEC returns in 2013 with an expanded season of what will now be five full length Endurance Races.

The TEC in 2012 was a huge surprise for us as we had never expected to create such a buzz and the amount of interest that we did by hosting such difficult full length races on Forza Motorsport 4. The series became one of our most hotly contest set of races, so much so that an intense competition formed around the TEC even although it was never officially a Championship. Well, for 2013 we will be introducing the Drivers Championship as an official Championship within TORA - but we will also be including the Teams Championship as well. Throughout the year - as it was our first attempt at such a long series - we made a few mistakes but we have listened and we will be looking to correct those mistakes throughout the year.

Details of the exact workings of the Championships will follow soon, but for now we can reveal the races and which classes will be used throughout the year.

Welcome to the TEC 2013 8437043385_a387a6a7ce_z

TORA 12 Hours of Sebring

The TEC returns for 2013 with the fourth annual running of the 12 Hours of Sebring. The race takes place over the weekend of the 9th and 10th of March. The Sebring race will feature the usual mix of Prototype and GTE classes of cars, however this year there will be no return of the LMPC class. LMP1 and GTE will be the two classes available, hopefully leading to more racing within each class and a better spread throughout the field. For details on which cars will be available and when sign ups open please check the Sebring Thread.

Welcome to the TEC 2013 8437043395_5821b645d4_z

TORA 24 Hours of Le Mans

The second round of the TEC comes form the Circuit de la Sarthe as we compete in another gruelling 24 Hours of Le Mans over the 29th and 30th of June. Again, this race will feature the same two classes and the same cars as the Sebring event, and as we saw last year the level of competition for Le Mans was incredible and is certainly the spotlight of the TEC. More details for Le Mans will be released after Sebring is completed.

Welcome to the TEC 2013 8437043381_07f0b3b5bf_z

TORA 12 Hours of Silverstone

The 14th and 15th of September plays host to the TORA 12 Hours of Silverstone for the fourth and penultimate round of the TEC 2013. The race has been brought down from 24 Hours to 12 Hours foe Silverstone this year, mainly due to the nature of the track and the change of other race lengths. The Silverstone race will run with a completely different set of cars that ran at Sebring and Le Mans. We will see the return of the TORA GT class as being the top class, and the lower class will see the upcoming TORA Touring Car Championship cars being used - with some minor additions to bring more sportscars to the track. This mix of Race Cars and Production Cars created some intense racing last year and we hope to see it again, as it is more of a challenge to race on the same track as each other. Details will be announced after the third TEC round.

Welcome to the TEC 2013 8438127350_65cc5515ff_z

TORA 12 Hours of Nurburgring

TEC 2013 comes to a close with the ultimate test as we compete in 24 Hours of the Nurburgring Nordschleife over the weekend of the 14th and 15th of December. We have upped the ante this year as we go for the full 24 Hours of the infamous 'Green Hell' due to popular demand. The cars will be identical to the previous Silverstone round of the TEC, reflecting the continuity that was seen earlier in the year at Sebring and Le Mans. Details will be announced after the Silverstone round of the TEC.

Welcome to the TEC 2013 8429758545_0c4a800390_z

TORA Community Endurance Race

As you may have noticed, I missed out the third TEC round of 2013 above and in the TEC forum section I have included the TORA Community Endurance Race. The third round of the TEC in 2013 features the Community Choice race over the chosen amount of time. More details will be announced about this soon, as we will be setting up a variety of options for you guys to chose from and vote on, and these choices will make up the basis of the third round of the Championship. Don't worry, the format will still be the same and there will still be two classes to keep the Championship fair, but we wanted your opinion on what you think would make a great addition to the series.

I hope you guys will enjoy the TEC in 2013. It has turned out to be our favourite events to run and whilst they are indeed difficult to manage and run, they are also incredibly epic and a joy to watch. The TEC will be covered Live again this season on our Livestream channel, and we will be looking for volunteer to help us host the events, stream the events, commentate throughout stints where we in the UK can't continue and work towards helping us make the TEC one of the most anticipated Forza Motorsport Championships of 2013.

----

Please discuss the upcoming season here, and I will try to keep updated with questions. The car list for Sebring is finished and I hope to release these cars very soon - tomorrow hopefully - but we are having a few issues with the LMP1 car balance and hope to resolve this as soon as possible. Don't worry, we will be letting you guys see the cars and test them over the next few weeks before registration opens for the first round in a few weeks time. Regarding finishing the races, we are still to make a final decision on this so any opinions are welcome. Right now we are leaning towards having every car stop where they are on circuit at the end of the last stint just like we do for every other stint. We will then take the distances and then the cars will tour round to finish the lap for the TORA TV audiences.

Also, teams will again consist of up to four drivers. The Drivers Championship will work in the same way as last season with the new points system, however the Teams will be slightly different. I want your opinion on this, but just now the Teams Championship will work by scoring Teams who retain the exact same Team name throughout the year, but it is not necessarily class dependant. For example, if F4H Motorsport enters under that team name for every race then they will score team points like every other Championship. If they raced at Sebring and Le Mans as F4H Motorsport but changed to F4H Racing for Silverstone and Nurburgring then they would score different points for those rounds and they would not tally up onto their Sebring and Le Mans points. Drivers may change out as they please throughout the year, so a team is not 'locked-in' for an entire year, it will just be focused on Team Names.

Also, an idea I have is to restrict car choices. What I mean by that is Sebring and Le Mans will be using the exact same car list. If the Teams choose an Audi R18 for Sebring in LMP1 then they must use the same car in the same class for Le Mans. They will then have to switch cars for the third round, however for Silverstone and Nurburging the Team will choose a new car and class and they must use the same cars and stay in the same class for those two rounds. It's just an idea I have, but it may lead to some continuity throughout the year.

*1 Dropped round rule as standard for teams and drivers championships
Anyway, thoughts on the TEC 2013?
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the TEC 2013 Empty Re: Welcome to the TEC 2013

Post by Adder 020 Sat 2 Feb 2013 - 13:24

Also, teams will again consist of up to four drivers. The Drivers Championship will work in the same way as last season with the new points system, however the Teams will be slightly different. I want your opinion on this, but just now the Teams Championship will work by scoring Teams who retain the exact same Team name throughout the year, but it is not necessarily class dependant. For example, if F4H Motorsport enters under that team name for every race then they will score team points like every other Championship. If they raced at Sebring and Le Mans as F4H Motorsport but changed to F4H Racing for Silverstone and Nurburgring then they would score different points for those rounds and they would not tally up onto their Sebring and Le Mans points. Drivers may change out as they please throughout the year, so a team is not 'locked-in' for an entire year, it will just be focused on Team Names.

Like the idea of same teamname, but also difficult.

Example.

tsafoot and I drive a team x , racert and morphader drives another team y at Sebring. But on Le Mans we drive together as a team. How can we score than as a team overall?

Adder 020

TORA Race Number : 16
Number of posts : 733
Registration date : 2012-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Adder 020 Sat 2 Feb 2013 - 13:29

Also, an idea I have is to restrict car choices. What I mean by that is Sebring and Le Mans will be using the exact same car list. If the Teams choose an Audi R18 for Sebring in LMP1 then they must use the same car in the same class for Le Mans. They will then have to switch cars for the third round, however for Silverstone and Nurburging the Team will choose a new car and class and they must use the same cars and stay in the same class for those two rounds. It's just an idea I have, but it may lead to some continuity throughout the year.

Same as last post, I really like the idea but

tsafoot and I drive panoz P1, morphader and Racert drives Ferrari GT.

On Le Mans we want to drive Panoz with the 4 of us.

What I mean to say is that for Sebring you can drive with 2 but for Le Mans you need 4....

But the idea of driving the same car for the 2 events I really like. Same as with the teams. I only hope that you can make a sollution for this.

Adder 020

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H bandicoot Sat 2 Feb 2013 - 13:48

CRA Adder wrote:Also, an idea I have is to restrict car choices. What I mean by that is Sebring and Le Mans will be using the exact same car list. If the Teams choose an Audi R18 for Sebring in LMP1 then they must use the same car in the same class for Le Mans. They will then have to switch cars for the third round, however for Silverstone and Nurburging the Team will choose a new car and class and they must use the same cars and stay in the same class for those two rounds. It's just an idea I have, but it may lead to some continuity throughout the year.

Same as last post, I really like the idea but

tsafoot and I drive panoz P1, morphader and Racert drives Ferrari GT.

On Le Mans we want to drive Panoz with the 4 of us.

What I mean to say is that for Sebring you can drive with 2 but for Le Mans you need 4....

But the idea of driving the same car for the 2 events I really like. Same as with the teams. I only hope that you can make a sollution for this.

Yes but the team that Morphader and racer t drove in wouldn't be competing, my understanding is cars are locked to teams, as are points. Drivers are free to move between teams and also cars.

So you would all be able to drive the Panoz, no points would be scored for the Ferrari team though.
F4H bandicoot
F4H bandicoot

TORA Race Number : 58
Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2012-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Sat 2 Feb 2013 - 14:12

Pretty much what Bandicoot said. Ultimately it would be a choice.

If CRA Team 1 were to compete with two drivers at Sebring in LMP1 and CRA Team 2 were to compete at Sebring in LMP1 also then both teams would start scoring Team Championship points. If at Le Mans you wanted to combine both teams to have those drivers racing on one team then you would need to make a decision as to which team you would commit to the Teams Championship. If you chose CRA Team 1 then they would score points for Le Mans and not CRA Team 2 as the would only have their Sebring points.

If you then decided to split again for Silverstone and have CRA Team 1 and CRA Team 2 running then CRA Team 1 would have more points than CRA Team 2 as they missed out the Le Mans race, so CRA Team 1 should be your focus for the season.

Same goes for cars, if CRA Team 1 chooses and Audi for Sebring and CRA Team 2 chooses a Peugeot for Sebring then that is what they those cars will be locked to those teams for Le Mans. However, if CRA Team 2 did not enter then the Peugeot would just go as a free car and the combined team CRA Team 1 would race in the Audi. If you chose to go with CRA Team 2 then you would use the Peugeot.

Last edited by Richy59 on Sun 3 Feb 2013 - 0:16; edited 1 time in total

Welcome to the TEC 2013 C7LquN0
Richy59
Richy59

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by XXX Skyrocket Sat 2 Feb 2013 - 14:14

looks good,im fine with it!
XXX Skyrocket
XXX Skyrocket

TORA Race Number : 567
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Adder 020 Sat 2 Feb 2013 - 15:27

Thats clear, I like It!

Thanks for the puzzle, you guys are making for me! Wink

Adder 020

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Sat 2 Feb 2013 - 16:44

Very Happy this is gonna be good!
Standaman94
Standaman94

TORA Race Number : 94
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7383
Registration date : 2010-07-14

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by XPR Roadrunner Sat 2 Feb 2013 - 16:45

DID I JUST SEE WHAT I THINK I SAW!?!!?!?

TWENTY-FOUR-MAJESTICLY-AWESOMELY-SUPERBLY-*GASP*-HOURS

OF NUERBURGRING!?!?!?

you've just made me the happiest girl in the world!
XPR Roadrunner
XPR Roadrunner

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 3649
Registration date : 2012-06-21

http://www.formulaforza.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Sat 2 Feb 2013 - 16:57

Standaman94 wrote:Very Happy this is gonna be good!
Welcome to the TEC 2013 Tumblr_inline_mh1dlhFho71rw0h4g
Standaman94
Standaman94

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR BlackHawk Sat 2 Feb 2013 - 17:15

24 hours of nurbürgring it's going to be tiring but fun Very Happy
LMR BlackHawk
LMR BlackHawk

TORA Race Number : 24
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 473
Registration date : 2012-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by RumbleBee 392 Sat 2 Feb 2013 - 17:46

XPR Roadrunner wrote:DID I JUST SEE WHAT I THINK I SAW!?!!?!?

TWENTY-FOUR-MAJESTICLY-AWESOMELY-SUPERBLY-*GASP*-HOURS

OF NUERBURGRING!?!?!?

you've just made me the happiest girl in the world!

If school doesn't get in the way lol
RumbleBee 392
RumbleBee 392

Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3126
Registration date : 2012-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooflers Sat 2 Feb 2013 - 18:14

TEC LOGO LOOKS AMAZINGGGGGG

Branding is really good. And the best bit are the races!!! WOOOO
Wooflers
Wooflers

TORA Race Number : 740
Number of posts : 2026
Registration date : 2011-12-04

http://www.koneball.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RumbleBee 392 Sat 2 Feb 2013 - 18:48

Soo when do we get a taste of the new cars??? Smile
RumbleBee 392
RumbleBee 392

Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3126
Registration date : 2012-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Lotterer Sat 2 Feb 2013 - 19:07

XPR Soundwave wrote:Soo when do we get a taste of the new cars??? Smile

car reveal #1 Ford pinto Very Happy
F4H Lotterer
F4H Lotterer

TORA Race Number : 001
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 6346
Registration date : 2012-03-05

http://Www.f4h.es

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Sat 2 Feb 2013 - 19:09

soon but not until they are ready we are not having a post n24

Welcome to the TEC 2013 2666031

Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Sun 3 Feb 2013 - 3:32

keen keen keen keen keen
need gold need gold
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

TORA Race Number : 31
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7110
Registration date : 2011-12-02

https://www.facebook.com/NSR.Esports1

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Sun 3 Feb 2013 - 5:58

i dont see suzuka anywhere Sad
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

TORA Race Number : 12
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 5771
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Sun 3 Feb 2013 - 10:12

A suzuka race would be epic maybe a idea for next season? another idea would be to use the Indy GP track for a Daytona 24hr event?
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Adder 020 Sun 3 Feb 2013 - 10:20

Richy wrote:

As you may have noticed, I missed out the third TEC round of 2013 above and in the TEC forum section I have included the TORA Community Endurance Race. The third round of the TEC in 2013 features the Community Choice race over the chosen amount of time. More details will be announced about this soon, as we will be setting up a variety of options for you guys to chose from and vote on, and these choices will make up the basis of the third round of the Championship. Don't worry, the format will still be the same and there will still be two classes to keep the Championship fair, but we wanted your opinion on what you think would make a great addition to the series.

So I think it is still possible to drive at suzuka or Indy. Or did I read this part wrong?

Adder 020

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Sun 3 Feb 2013 - 11:15

You are correct, we will be putting out a variety of options and cars to choose from and this selection may include SuperGT at Suzuka, Grand-Am at Sunset or Petite Le Mans etc etc

More will be revealed soon, our main priority is finalising the Sebring cars list.

Welcome to the TEC 2013 C7LquN0
Richy59
Richy59

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Lotterer Sun 3 Feb 2013 - 12:56

fingers crossed for the 24H Super Ford Pintos around camino mini Very Happy
F4H Lotterer
F4H Lotterer

TORA Race Number : 001
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 6346
Registration date : 2012-03-05

http://Www.f4h.es

Back to top Go down

Post by wood53y Sun 3 Feb 2013 - 13:24

IRT Trash wrote:fingers crossed for the 24H Super Ford Pintos around camino mini Very Happy

That will be like a 24hr kart race
wood53y
wood53y

TORA Race Number : 553
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2012-08-11

http://www.benedictracing.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Sun 3 Feb 2013 - 13:27

48hr Beetles w/ 75% power and grip handicaps on Top Gear full.

Please.
Standaman94
Standaman94

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR BlackHawk Sun 3 Feb 2013 - 13:41

Petite Le Mans !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!