TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
MSA TORA TCC Season 7 - General Discussion - Page 16 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
MSA TORA TCC Season 7 - General Discussion - Page 16 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
MSA TORA TCC Season 7 - General Discussion - Page 16 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
MSA TORA TCC Season 7 - General Discussion - Page 16 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
MSA TORA TCC Season 7 - General Discussion - Page 16 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
MSA TORA TCC Season 7 - General Discussion - Page 16 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
MSA TORA TCC Season 7 - General Discussion - Page 16 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
MSA TORA TCC Season 7 - General Discussion - Page 16 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
MSA TORA TCC Season 7 - General Discussion - Page 16 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

MSA TORA TCC Season 7 - General Discussion

+82
MotoYeti
CalgonUK
TfRsmokinmasta
Beanz
Mrbrown33
Simon 0ne
SnippetyOggy86
DruggedUpDonkey
TLR Scrublord
xVampirAx
IRT Flag
CQR Aero
F4H Button
CQR Deuce
LSR SCHIWO
TfR StoneDef
Satircz
CRA XenoMorph
Emw Holty
BAM Python
CRA Ling Dingo
Diablo 29x
xI ROSS 86 Ix
Racert46
jamin811
The Posimosh
Mandown46
Standaman94
Wooflers
DOR Dartman
ClydeYellow
AndyT306
HCR Karma
Rabbit0317
CQR Champion
LAPI74
lipixbox
Morne in Glory
FDkeisuke3S
DeweyTee
BG Scarlett
CQR Myles
CQR Vapor
SorrySmithy
TfR Arcanum
Demo Marksman
S2M Ranger
SparingArc1
RSR TRIKSTA
Dav of Krypton
Tray
LastNewtStandin
XPR Clutch
CQR Stevie
RumbleBee 392
Racing Dk
HLR Guru
TfR Milton
Crisis Nine
Duke of Bruno
MAJ0R LAZER
Hainesy
Ax4x Cowboy
CQR Senna
PLOW tubbi
BG Wingnut396
ckBrenneke
theboomeranga
CQR Jono
Mr Akina
Ax4x Kane
TG Wormburner
Amarth
CQR HABURi
Ax4x Chaddy
F4H Lotterer
lfcnicklfc
XPR Roadrunner
Ax4x Mikey J
CQR Rogue
JAMIE ANDERS0N
Richy59
86 posters

Page 16 of 22 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next

Go down

MSA TORA TCC Season 7 - General Discussion - Page 16 Empty Re: MSA TORA TCC Season 7 - General Discussion

Post by Guest Tue 19 Feb 2013 - 15:01

+1

Even within our own club we don't know/can't agree which are the best cars, it's too close to call - so we've gone with 5 teams in 5 different cars Smile Gonna be lots of winners in lots of cars I think, even more than last season (8 different types of car won in season 6).

Back to top Go down

MSA TORA TCC Season 7 - General Discussion - Page 16 Empty Re: MSA TORA TCC Season 7 - General Discussion

Post by Dav of Krypton Tue 19 Feb 2013 - 15:16

Ill stick with the idea that it is the cars.

Because mine doesn't hit the same times as tubs and CQRs Twisted Evil
Dav of Krypton
Dav of Krypton

TORA Race Number : 187
Number of posts : 458
Registration date : 2012-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Cowboy Tue 19 Feb 2013 - 16:06

Don't look at times of others, test a variety of cars for yourself and see how close they are for you.

Also, try testing over a couple of the tracks if you can. What works well at Sebring Short will be very different to what works well at Infineon IRL.

Even half a second a lap may sound like a lot but trust me, when you are battling away on track, it is less important than placing your car well.

Throughout testing these cars gave some very close racing so I would be extremely surprised if the same doesn't happen in the actual races.
Ax4x Cowboy
Ax4x Cowboy

TORA Race Number : 259
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 960
Registration date : 2012-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Karma Tue 19 Feb 2013 - 16:17

I did doubt the car builds a little at first,,but after testing a fair bit myself I have to concede, they are very close to each other, and it is more down to just how fast you can go.

I put in the same times with the megane, C`eed, honda 07, and the seat. As a result I just ended up going with the car I felt most comfortable with. I feel regardless to a one off flying lap its more important to get a car you can put in the times with every lap, one that you can change lines with easy, that has plenty grunt to take advantage of the overtake ops,,,over one you can get an on the edge flyer with.

Its easy to have a go at the builds but I have no doubt the guys here have spent HOURS testing, balancing, and fine tuning the car builds and selection. Why would they want to have a series where one car had an advantage? it would make for very poor content and serve no purpose.

As will all things I firmly believe its just a case of "how good are you". The guys putting in the fast time ARE the guys who can go faster. No sense in over worrying it,,its just the way it is. Wherever I end up in the field, am sure I will enjoy myself. Its a fantastic community based event to be part of and truth be told that’s enough for me.

There is also loads of time to be found in the track,,be smooth, brake late, drive fast. Its not just the builds or tunes.......its the craft of playing well. It takes all of the components together. I know the level am at with that and still get a buzz from doing so.

So, in that light, can we stop having a go please at the staff as regards the builds. The same stuff is being repeated, but all the cars are putting in the times in different hands/teams.

Sorry for slight rant.

Greg
HCR Karma
HCR Karma

TORA Race Number : 530
Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2012-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Feb 2013 - 16:35

Gregbie wrote:I did doubt the car builds a little at first,,but after testing a fair bit myself I have to concede, they are very close to each other, and it is more down to just how fast you can go.

....So, in that light, can we stop having a go please at the staff as regards the builds. The same stuff is being repeated, but all the cars are putting in the times in different hands/teams.

Sorry for slight rant.

Greg

Agreed 100% Gregbie, I found some of the cars for me were faster than others, for example the BMW's were almost 1.5 seconds faster than anything else I had tested, this isn't me blasting the builds, I think the TORA staff and testing team have done a brilliant job in balancing the cars.

It is purely because of my own driving style, I am used to cars like the BMW's as I drive those sorts all the time on Forza, if I was to try anything FWD I am a good 4 seconds slower, yet people who are of an equal level to myself will be flying round at the same rate as my BMW.

The idea with having so many people testing the cars before being finalized is because of the vast differences in peoples own driving techniques, and preferences, what works for one may not also work for another.

So when testing before you pick your car, just keep in mind, whats fast for you may not be the same for someone else, and vice versa.

Dang I almost set my keyboard on fire after all that typing lol, sorry guys, hope you can pick some sort of useful information somewhere in there. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Feb 2013 - 16:40

You guys totally hit the nail on the head - there's a wide enough variety of cars (both FWD & RWD) to appeal to all types of drivers. Some drivers prefer grippy, nimble cars, others prefer cars with better top speeds, but the strict weight and power limits keep the power-to-weight ratios close. That helps balance the cars, and over the course of a championship, some cars will be stronger at some tracks, and others will be stronger elsewhere. Pick something you enjoy driving and feel comfortable with and you'll have great racing, whatever lobby you're in Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dav of Krypton Tue 19 Feb 2013 - 16:56

True, but I never have time to test multiple cars. Like I said I just did the Ip Dip Dog Poop picking thing LOL.

Please dont read my last post as a negative toward the testing phase. I was just taking the urine as no matter what car I would be in, I just would never be able to hit the times as the fast guys. So I was being sarcastic and jumping on the blame game hehe.

Hence why people like myself dont have a list as long as my arm like CQR MAGiC in my Sig LOL.

Simple answer is no matter what car your in, unless you are a fast driver you will never hit them times. Which is why I know from past racing here that I was running an ave. of about 1-2 secs slower. If im in that time bracket (WHICH I AM Razz) I know no matter what that is pretty much the time I am going to Qually in. Race time will be a whole lot worse lol.

Moral of the story is, I dont know really I just keep papping on about stuff confused

also what Chucky Said v Smile See you there mate lol

Last edited by Dav of Krypton on Tue 19 Feb 2013 - 17:27; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Last bit :))
Dav of Krypton
Dav of Krypton

Back to top Go down

Post by JAMIE ANDERS0N Tue 19 Feb 2013 - 17:17

Well I don't care if I am off the pace as I know there will be enough guys I will be racing with roughly doing the same as me time wise
JAMIE ANDERS0N
JAMIE ANDERS0N

TORA Race Number : 76
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6805
Registration date : 2008-10-19

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Tue 19 Feb 2013 - 18:29

exactly Jamie,

We welcome all driver levels you always find drivers to race at a similar level to you Smile

CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BAM Python Tue 19 Feb 2013 - 18:47

H8 fwd but I do it
BAM Python
BAM Python

TORA Race Number : 208
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2012-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Feb 2013 - 19:00

ONR Python wrote:H8 fwd but I do it

Im with you on that one mate, but at least you can drive it, I'm hopeless lol Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by BAM Python Tue 19 Feb 2013 - 19:19

Dnt say that never raced fwd b4 lol
BAM Python
BAM Python

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Feb 2013 - 19:22

ONR Python wrote:Dnt say that never raced fwd b4 lol

Shocked

Good luck then mate, pretty sure you'll do well no matter what car you're in Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by BAM Python Tue 19 Feb 2013 - 19:26

Thx & U2
BAM Python
BAM Python

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Kane Tue 19 Feb 2013 - 19:26

There's RWD cars as well, you know.

I'm with you Dave, I know I'll never be as good as CQR Uberfast, but I find the banter & atmosphere in lower lobbies more enjoyable. I was in an A lobby once in GT (Yes, hard to believe) and the deathly silence & complaints from the start was harrowing to say the least.

Us lower lobby drivers seem to have the attitude that is "We're slow so it doesn't matter if we lose!" which is what its all about jocolor
Ax4x Kane
Ax4x Kane

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Number of posts : 3148
Registration date : 2011-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by BAM Python Tue 19 Feb 2013 - 19:29

want a change tho if I dnt like it wont race it i am r2 r1 racer..... the gt cars even feel 2 slow
BAM Python
BAM Python

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by JAMIE ANDERS0N Tue 19 Feb 2013 - 19:39

ISCC will be on course soon to take your needs Python
JAMIE ANDERS0N
JAMIE ANDERS0N

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Tue 19 Feb 2013 - 19:40

Kilroy8 wrote:There's RWD cars as well, you know.

I'm with you Dave, I know I'll never be as good as CQR Uberfast, but I find the banter & atmosphere in lower lobbies more enjoyable. I was in an A lobby once in GT (Yes, hard to believe) and the deathly silence & complaints from the start was harrowing to say the least.

Us lower lobby drivers seem to have the attitude that is "We're slow so it doesn't matter if we lose!" which is what its all about jocolor

While I feel a great sense of accomplishment on the uber-rare occasion that I make the A Lobby, I have more fun in the C Lobby.

As for car choice, I found out very soon that I suck at Hockenheim, so that no matter which car I tested there it would feel horrible and the time wouldn't be worth a darn. So I took all my builds to a couple tracks I know much better: Mugello Club for speed tests and Road Atlanta Club for grip tests. Then I took the five finalists to Infineon, as that track is actually on the schedule.

My twin turbo'd Lexus IS300 was consistantly the fastest thing down the straights, the 2011 Soobie was the grippiest, but the fastest lap times were always between the Seat, the Civic and the Volvo. Seeing as I was under the assumption that everyone else was gunning for FWDs, I chose the Volvo S60 as I was pretty sure I could post my picks on page two or three and still get my #1 choice.

I hope to have fun in whatever lobby I end up in, whether its the F, Q or Z at Hockenheim, or somewhere higher up the alphabet on the tracks I actually know.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by BAM Python Tue 19 Feb 2013 - 19:45

ik chucky cant w8
BAM Python
BAM Python

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Dav of Krypton Tue 19 Feb 2013 - 19:56

Kilroy8 wrote:There's RWD cars as well, you know.

True pal. I think the best most enjoyable race was in c lobbies. I was once in A lobby, Clio cup I think PMSL and as it so serious there was so much banter I nearly Kia wee'd

Never had a podium YET Twisted Evil and still not bothered Embarassed lol
Dav of Krypton
Dav of Krypton

Back to top Go down

Post by JAMIE ANDERS0N Tue 19 Feb 2013 - 20:05

Two weeks time and we can all be talking in the track Very Happy
JAMIE ANDERS0N
JAMIE ANDERS0N

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by DOR Dartman Tue 19 Feb 2013 - 23:01

I'm going backwards on Hockenheim - was once doing 1:37s (occasional 1:36s) and now I'm in the 1:38s and going backwards.

How can I make the Insignia that I'm driving more stable (on the brakes and on bumpy track sections) and less susceptible to random slides (when the diff and the turbo kick in)?
DOR Dartman
DOR Dartman

TORA Race Number : 354
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2012-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by RSR TRIKSTA Tue 19 Feb 2013 - 23:06

after i left that lobby with you i did a quick couple races with STR Warspite GB and MXR SCH1WO, Warspite was running an insignia and it was quite quick, keeping up with me and even quicker in sections at hockenheim, although at motegi wasn't as quick because of the switchbacks, nevertheless the car was quick! you may want to ask him for a few tips since he seems to know what he is doing with the insignia.
RSR TRIKSTA
RSR TRIKSTA

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2013-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Kane Wed 20 Feb 2013 - 0:07

I've had 2 wins only in the near 2 years I've been here. The first one I was the only brit racing in the NATCC & after I crossed the line I said "I claim this victory for Queen Elizabeth & the British Empire..."

It was a very proud moment.

Ax4x Kane
Ax4x Kane

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Number of posts : 3148
Registration date : 2011-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Emw Holty Wed 20 Feb 2013 - 0:18

Dartman 47 wrote:I'm going backwards on Hockenheim - was once doing 1:37s (occasional 1:36s) and now I'm in the 1:38s and going backwards.

How can I make the Insignia that I'm driving more stable (on the brakes and on bumpy track sections) and less susceptible to random slides (when the diff and the turbo kick in)?

No doubt warspite will msg you soon but we've both been working on the insignia and are finally down to a choice of two builds. Both are similar but comes down to personal preference were running them at the moment with basic tunes and we hitting 1:35's and the odd 1:34 but we feel when the tunes dialed in it will be easier to achieve. Also thanks to CQR Vapor for the positive back after some races we had tonight as it makes me feel more confident in the cars pace.

If you are still having trouble or want to do some testing msg either us or send us an invite and will see what we can do.

Holty.
Emw Holty
Emw Holty

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2013-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 22 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next