TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
MSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 11 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
MSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 11 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
MSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 11 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
MSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 11 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
MSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 11 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
MSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 11 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
MSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 11 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
MSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 11 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
MSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 11 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

MSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion

+35
Ax4x Bandit
The Posimosh
JKGrizzle
F4H Stingray
xDEM0N L0RDx
PROD DTechR
CallMehDarkside
DeweyTee
CQR Deuce
CQR Rogue
XDas KreatureX
Hailfire97x
Wooflers
Dino Dadd
Dominic Mako
MOMOnica 97
HCR ChicaiN
RW26 BLAZE
Radiation Louis
XPR Clutch
JAMIE ANDERS0N
v Hurricane v
Noland35F
EZT Challenger
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Mikey J
theboomeranga
LMR DarthMario
inferior car
Diablo 29x
RumbleBee 392
Ax4x Kane
Duke of Bruno
XPR Roadrunner
Richy59
39 posters

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

MSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 11 Empty Re: MSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion

Post by Guest Thu 16 May 2013 - 21:48

Gonna come and run some laps as just got home from work, got a couple hours till bed time to spare, you around Mark? Smile

Back to top Go down

MSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 11 Empty Re: MSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion

Post by CallMehDarkside Fri 17 May 2013 - 0:10

DTechPR wrote:
Hailfire97x wrote:100% agreed, Mr. Bruno!

Case in point: Darkside and I got into it accidentally in turn 1 a couple races ago, and being impromptu host I had to make that uncomfortable call (which benefited myself) to restart. Only difference was everyone in the lobby said it was fine, because the ensuing bottleneck was unfair to everyone else as well. But I'd have had no problems explaining that to the stewards, so all's fair.

Hailfire,

In that case, I presume that there was involved more than two cars, so if the host make the call to restart, and all competitors accepting his/her call, all competitors are involved in his/her agreement. There are not evidence against of him.

Yeah it was no big deal, he got like the absolute last tread of his outside tire in the sticky sand(Sedona) and got rear-ended by me, which caused a few other cars to get some damage, so calling the restart was the best idea.

I'm okay with restarts, albeit set to 1 restart, so for 3 races you would get 3 restarts, and the only way I would make it a SI if it involves the same person hitting someone for each restart, like if I would hit DTech at the start of races 2 and 3, that would enquire a SI, or if DTech divebombed on race 3 and took out 5th on back, just stuff like that, but for little taps and an overcorrect and then collateral damage, shouldnt have to be taken to the stewards, otherwise we'd be running in single file 400+ feet from each other for afraid of contact

CallMehDarkside

TORA Race Number : 25
Xbox One Wii U

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2012-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Mako Fri 17 May 2013 - 17:11

I think we shouldn't let Meet 6 pass without mentioning that this is the first time someone other than a Renault driver scored the most points. LMR DarthMario put the Honda into first. Granted, it was followed by three more Renaults, but baby steps none the less! Hooray variety!
Dominic Mako
Dominic Mako

TORA Race Number : 428
Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2013-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW tubbi Fri 17 May 2013 - 23:06

Can something please be done about the 50% ruling on restarts.

When other drivers in front of you get it all wrong trying to win the race in the first corner the following drivers cannot all avoid the accident with cars spinning everywhere, all picking up damage, and the inoccents caught up in this poor driving and up treking round the whole lap, just to pit, with no repairs to aero, and the original spastic drivers getting straight with next to no damage and continuing the race enjoying themselves along the way.

Great way to empty the qualifying lobbies Crying or Very sad
PLOW tubbi
PLOW tubbi

Number of posts : 1763
Registration date : 2008-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Fri 17 May 2013 - 23:08

what's going on??? if staff are not made aware how can we act?

MSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 11 2666031

Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hailfire97x Sun 19 May 2013 - 4:44

SelectiveRogue wrote:what's going on??? if staff are not made aware how can we act?

If I could attempt to translate:

-Leaders bomb it into turn 1 at high-aggression.
-Cars behind have to brake at awkward intervals to avoid contact with lead cars
-Chain reaction in back few rows
-Cars in back have minor damage and position disadvantage while cars in front have no damage and are in front.

While I don't know the referenced incident, I have noticed similar occurrences. Especially in race 3.

In my opinion, the FWD/RWD split has a very poor (possibly overlooked) side-effect:
FWD cars are slower from a standing start, where RWD cars have a very good launch. Some of the more aggressive, overly-serious FWD drivers will jump in front of the RWDs in order to hold them back. This causes one of two things; either the RWD car hits the FWD car, causing an incident and possible restart/SI, or the RWD car stops and bottlenecks the cars behind them in order to avoid contact.

Mixed-drivetrains were great for people who are more comfortable with RWD cars (Team Indie's Volvos and Hailfire Racing's Vauxhall, mainly), but has caused an incident that has thus-far been avoided in the first few years of TORA.
Hailfire97x
Hailfire97x

TORA Race Number : 9
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2012-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Stingray Sun 19 May 2013 - 8:04

its part of racing. look a the actual tcc. its all about drivers respecting others and paying attention. yes race 3 is made alot tougher but its part of the fun.
F4H Stingray
F4H Stingray

TORA Race Number : 28
Xbox 360 Xbox 360

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2012-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 May 2013 - 8:51

^ +1

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR ChicaiN Sun 19 May 2013 - 11:31

Cosmetic damage...problems solved.

MSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 11 KHTHT1WMSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 11 VM546ZeMSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 11 QkT2IEuMSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 11 AA5PAOdMSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 11 LzMXDBVMSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 11 5RsfDXaMSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 11 EpdDAig
MSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 11 EpdDAig

HCR ChicaiN

TORA Race Number : 359
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2012-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Sun 19 May 2013 - 18:40

I've found that racing too much with cosmetic damage kind of causes over-aggressive driving. If people have to suffer with the damage they get in the opening few turns rather than get a restart every time they get a bit of damage, they might relearn "patience" and not try to pass the whole field in the first lap.

I relearned this lesson while hobbling through the first two races in the Mustang at Silverstone, by race three, I "got it".

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR DarthMario Sun 19 May 2013 - 18:49

"you don't win the race by being 1st to turn 1"

forget who said that

MSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 11 4CehZCuMSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 11 1Im0ehJMSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 11 AZBlrjnMSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 11 SSaUnAU
MSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 11 KlHMZuJMSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 11 1vuHXh0MSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 11 FoUH4rWMSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 11 N9zGJcN
LMR DarthMario
LMR DarthMario

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 8184
Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 May 2013 - 18:50

Cosmetic Damage popularizes aggressive driving and risky and pretty stupid moves, just look at the online lobbies you can join in on.

Fact is the system of damage in TORA events DOES work, but there are people who are either new to racing that competitively with the added risk of damage on impact, or who are just not cautious enough to avoid major incidences when overtaking or racing alongside another car during a tight section.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Sun 19 May 2013 - 18:55

LMR DarthMario wrote:"you don't win the race by being 1st to turn 1"

forget who said that

The one I remember is (I think it was Jackie Stewart)

"Not many races are won in the first turn, but many are lost there"

Cool

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 May 2013 - 19:08

Agreed Mikey, and quick question to anyone reading and considering this debate in their own experiences.

Would you rather:

A - Go for the win in the first turn, fly through the grid from the back, and risk wiping yourself and other people out, with the least being minor aero damage that you then have to carry, max being doing a whole lap with damage in order to pit and be referenced in a SI after the race is over.

B - Take your time, drive slow in order to allow the pack to spread out, be patient and leave plenty of room into the first corner and around the first lap, more likely to lose time on another driver of equal performance, BUT you don't cause or take any damage, you gain the respect of fellow drivers, and you can feel proud of wherever you finished as you deserved it.

C- Who care's, GIVE ME PIE!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR DarthMario Sun 19 May 2013 - 19:12

hope that's a rhetorical multiple-choice question Chris? Razz

obviously, the answer would be "C"!!!

MSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 11 4CehZCuMSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 11 1Im0ehJMSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 11 AZBlrjnMSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 11 SSaUnAU
MSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 11 KlHMZuJMSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 11 1vuHXh0MSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 11 FoUH4rWMSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 11 N9zGJcN
LMR DarthMario
LMR DarthMario

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 8184
Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Bandit Sun 19 May 2013 - 19:12

I'll say D - B & C

MSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 11 J8Ljahl
MSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 11 PEEdCpnMSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 11 ZzhlIqHMSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 11 UmQfodEMSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 11 C0cSnDzMSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 11 1vuHXh0MSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 11 MAsvnrEMSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 11 GrZPNKA

MSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 11 Lmr_ba10

Community Team: ATR DAN l CRA Morphader l ErebusV8 l FranchittiFan l HaydieT l HCR Bellmond l henkymetcola l Hunty1981 l LMR Bandit l LMR Deftone MX l ShrinkingSteven l TJSteel l v Hurricane v l xKingCobra28

"I am not an idiot driver.  I am a smart driver surrounded by a bunch of idiots."
Ax4x Bandit
Ax4x Bandit

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4104
Registration date : 2012-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 May 2013 - 19:16

Na i added C as a false answer lol.

But seriously I'd rather be the B driver, a Trophy isn't worth as much without the respect of your fellow drivers, I believe champions are respected by their personalities more than their skills.

Hamilton vs Button for example.

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR ChicaiN Sun 19 May 2013 - 19:17

Nah...they'll never learn. SI's would still exist to prevent over aggressive driving and peoples races and series wont be ruined. VM got it right.

MSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 11 KHTHT1WMSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 11 VM546ZeMSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 11 QkT2IEuMSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 11 AA5PAOdMSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 11 LzMXDBVMSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 11 5RsfDXaMSA TORA NATCC Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 11 EpdDAig

HCR ChicaiN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR ChicaiN Sun 19 May 2013 - 19:21

That perfect world theory of everyone driving clean reminds me of an old saying...shyt in one hand, wish in the other and see which hand fills up first.

Last edited by BloodYCaiN on Sun 19 May 2013 - 21:53; edited 1 time in total

HCR ChicaiN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 May 2013 - 19:22

BloodYCaiN wrote:Nah...they'll never learn. SI's would still exist to prevent over aggressive driving and peoples races and series wont be ruined. VM got it right.

Just gonna say it and I apologise to any VM loyalists.

I don't care about VM, I like the way TORA staff have it here, if I didn't, I wouldn't be here now, and neither would many others, yes there are people who race for both communities, and some prefer their settings but I am sure just as many would back me up in saying TORA are just as good and hard-working.

Either way you will always have aggressive driving, no avoiding it completely, that is why the SI's are there to review the drivers, it is the DRIVERS and their actions that cause the incidents, not the settings.

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR ChicaiN Sun 19 May 2013 - 21:48

SI's only work for habitual offenders. They dont bring races back or make up for lost points. For the general racers theyre basically useless cuz the punishments are too soft. My point was...races and series (not to mention real life events) arent ruined with cosmetic damage. That very important fact still stands. The lag and crap damage physics on Forza should already be reason enough to use cosmetic damage.

HCR ChicaiN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 May 2013 - 22:18

Not really, as you don't simulate full warm tires, tire wear, fuel consumption or anything else when using Cosmetic, as well as being a hell less realistic with it.

Your point is: Because Forza isn't realistic, we shouldn't use Simulation damage, but that just means you're making the races even less realistic surely?

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Lotterer Sun 19 May 2013 - 22:25

well you will be pleased to know that a new driver punishment structure has come into force this week , all details will be revealed in the news Wink
F4H Lotterer
F4H Lotterer

TORA Race Number : 001
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 6346
Registration date : 2012-03-05

http://Www.f4h.es

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Kane Sun 19 May 2013 - 22:30

To be honest, I very rarely get taken out at the start of a race; regardless of position. Drivers should be aware of cars ALL AROUND THEM. Look behind you, look at the gap you're driving into, anticipate what will happen.

Just because someone smashes into the back of you does not necessarily mean that you're not at fault in anyway.
Ax4x Kane
Ax4x Kane

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Number of posts : 3148
Registration date : 2011-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR ChicaiN Mon 20 May 2013 - 1:00

STR Warspite GB wrote:Not really, as you don't simulate full warm tires, tire wear, fuel consumption or anything

You just named three things that either ultimately have zero to do with the excitement of the race or only even matter on endurance races. In the grand scheme of things...all three are minimal priority for a fully satisfied group of drivers at the end of race and series. If rules that frustrate alot of people, ruin races and feelings towards the site can be easily avoided...they should. Just an opinion.

HCR ChicaiN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next