TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Sebring 12 Hours Race Day Thread - Page 16 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Sebring 12 Hours Race Day Thread - Page 16 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Sebring 12 Hours Race Day Thread - Page 16 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Sebring 12 Hours Race Day Thread - Page 16 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Sebring 12 Hours Race Day Thread - Page 16 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Sebring 12 Hours Race Day Thread - Page 16 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Sebring 12 Hours Race Day Thread - Page 16 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Sebring 12 Hours Race Day Thread - Page 16 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Sebring 12 Hours Race Day Thread - Page 16 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Sebring 12 Hours Race Day Thread

+81
Duke of Bruno
CQR Jono
Ianmr
Koenigsegg R
The Posimosh
Racert46
F4H Carrera
CQR NEON
TG Wormburner
Ax4x Chaddy
F4H Stuttgart
Diablo 29x
MOPAR001
EMW Takum1
CQR HABURi
ATR DAN
Adder 020
Mandown46
Radiation Louis
MT2 Levin
Velox Midget
maneatingbrick
ShrinkingSteven
Wooflers
Joito04
HCR ChicaiN
MGR Iceman
KickRocks29
danfay12
F4H Bullet
tsaFooT
MrGRiMP
Euphoric Blaze
Ax4x Mikey J
LMR Zakspeed
Tango Wh1skey
LAPI74
SorrySmithy
Ax4x Bandit
MTBVator
LSR SCHIWO
Modafaya
VVV GunDaM
PURE IMPERIUM
F4H Hakkinen
LMR Hydro
Standaman94
Ax4x Kane
F4H Button
HCR generaltso
SECR Marko1100
LMR DarthMario
CQR Shifty
BDR Blackbird
CQR D4N13L
TM aidtheace
F4H Music Man
HCR Motorhead
LMR Agera
xVampirAx
Ax4x Cowboy
F4H FACEPALMER
TLR Scrublord
F4H bandicoot
CQR Aero
Richy59
HCR Bellmond
CredibleWizard
exp1osive sam
Brenwalsh
LMR BlackHawk
Texaspotatolord
F4H Drake
MAK42
XDas KreatureX
AdamWatson99
LastNewtStandin
CreamyTastey
theboomeranga
XPR Roadrunner
CQR Rogue
85 posters

Page 16 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

Sebring 12 Hours Race Day Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: Sebring 12 Hours Race Day Thread

Post by Tango Wh1skey Tue 12 Mar 2013 - 17:15

I can't say I like the idea of dropping a bad stint. During my 4th stint, I made a mistake which damaged my car and that of a GTE driver. That crash cost me the best part of an hour "sitting in the garage getting fixed". That was the only error my team made, so if I could drop the stint then I would have taken another place.

If I make a mistake, it should cost me. Why should I take the position away from the car ahead of me who drove consistantly?
Tango Wh1skey
Tango Wh1skey

TORA Race Number : 363
Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2012-09-05

Back to top Go down

Sebring 12 Hours Race Day Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: Sebring 12 Hours Race Day Thread

Post by Hainesy Tue 12 Mar 2013 - 17:26

CQR CHRiS wrote:
Duke of Bruno wrote:
IRT DarthMario wrote:...
If we move from 2hr stints to 3hr stints again (stop at 2hr45),

Very Happy

Yes please.

If this was considered i would recommend TORA staff find out if there is anyone who currently runs who have reasons medically that they can only just sit and run the current 1:45. Pushing it up could cause them to not be able to run, which would be shame, and i know it has been done in the past but there has been a huge rise in entrys in past 12months for TORA. Just a thought to consider, personally i dont mind but it is something some of us take for granted. Very Happy
Nooooooooooooooo, my fingers are on the verge of falling off as it is at 1hr 45m. Not as young as I used to be. Sad
Hainesy
Hainesy

TORA Race Number : 446
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1618
Registration date : 2012-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Stuttgart Tue 12 Mar 2013 - 17:27

I believe that the people who are talking about having a percentage may be going about it the wrong way. But that being said they aren't exactly as hurt as lagging out as they are that its a total flop of the race and effort. I do realize this happens in real racing, and we're beating a dead horse here as most of you seem to believe that "[Censored] happens" idea. But this is a video game, ultimately we are all here for fun, and to simulate what real drivers go through with a team atmosphere and racing. So what is something that we could come up with to have a compromise for both parties. So far people have either been saying "just deal with it" others have been saying we should do something. No one has focused on a common ground.

The people who are asking for the percentage of a stint i believe are making it a bit too complicated to understand, their idea is noble though.

On the other hand, we all strive to get that sense of reality, but to be as harsh as you some of you are and shooting people down is borderline dick-ish.

This is a game. Have fun with it.

What if we went along with what ever team lags out, gets an equivalent amount of distance** as the team in the entire race that went the shortest distance? That way the teams that stay consistent are up front and still racing for the lead, but the teams that have lag outs or mechanical failures as you guys are calling them are still fighting for positions and are still in contention.

Just a thought, i know most of you are going to shoot this down and say, if you weren't in this position then you wouldn't be saying this, as at least 3 of you have. But i am not in this position, i am not speaking on behalf of F4H. My team came 4th in GTE. We were outclassed, we had our own issues. None of the drivers on the F4H Motorsport Porsche team lagged out.

Keep an open mind and think about this. That's all i ask.
F4H Stuttgart
F4H Stuttgart

TORA Race Number : 142
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2012-11-04

http://F4H.es

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Mar 2013 - 18:37

With an open mind I'd consider all options put forward that have been thought and discussed about. Apart from considering options the TORA staff end up (if any) asking us to from feedback, my opinion has clearly been stated.

This was to clarify I'm always open to consider. So long as once considered you accept my decision, or anyone else's for that matter.

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Stuttgart Tue 12 Mar 2013 - 19:12

CQR Magictap wrote:This was to clarify I'm always open to consider. So long as once considered you accept my decision, or anyone else's for that matter.

Are you taking a shot at me or something? I thought what i said was unbiased, maybe you didn't perceive it that way, but it was intended to be unbiased.

I would love to win yes, wouldn't anyone? But i would rather have some good racing where its not completely hopeless and pointless to be participating. You described the feeling of lagging out and how utterly destroying it is. At least with my idea people would still have hope and a drive to participate. Which in turn would make people more cautious because they can still race to gain position. Some of you mentioned that people would take shots at others, intentionally giving damage to other cars so that the car that lagged out would gain an advantage and be able to gain ground. That's what we have race stewards for, correct? I would like to believe that we can all race clean and fair, but we have those few rotten eggs. Use the stewards to penalize them. I thought my proposition would have been taken at least to the point of putting at tiny damper on that feeling you described.

I feel if people still have that hope that they can still place decently then stupid mistakes wont be made. If you remove that feeling that's when people could potentially drag others down with them, because at that point they don't care about their race anymore.

I would accept the decision because it would be the rules correct? Im just offering my opinion is all. I thought that's what was being asked.

F4H Stuttgart
F4H Stuttgart

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Mar 2013 - 19:37

F4H Stuttgart wrote:Are you taking a shot at me or something?

Yes

F4H Stuttgart wrote:Im just offering my opinion is all. I thought that's what was being asked.

This is an opinion I take offence to from you below

F4H Stuttgart wrote:but to be as harsh as you some of you are and shooting people down is borderline dick-ish.

Because I have considered options and held my tongue for many pages and read them all, then posted clearly stating it's my opinion only but just so happen to disagree does not make me

F4H Stuttgart wrote:borderline dick-ish.

By all means voice your opinion, which you have done more than once already. And feel free to disagree, that's all cool, but don't start throwing accusations around generally.

F4H Stuttgart wrote:Just a thought, i know most of you are going to shoot this down and say

Disagreeing isn't shooting you down.

F4H Stuttgart wrote:if you weren't in this position then you wouldn't be saying this, as at least 3 of you have.

Again, throwing accusations. How on earth can you know what someone would or wouldn't say depending on a situation!!!

I've lagged out many times and never called for this...which goes directly against what you wrote .

F4H Stuttgart wrote:Keep an open mind and think about this. That's all i ask.

Really...if that's all why be so nasty to others opinions.

I'm personally done with all this. This is my last reply on this matter and that of this specific thread. I look forward to the Staff led discussions that follow, should they want to have a discussion. Please all, do carry on suggestion and voicing opinions, but please try and think about how others will take what and how you say things.

Peace.

Last edited by CQR Magictap on Tue 12 Mar 2013 - 19:40; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling! DOH!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ianmr Tue 12 Mar 2013 - 19:59

Play nice gents or this thread where we are having some really good discussion will get locked etc etc

Ianmr
Ianmr

TORA Race Number : 13
Number of posts : 2326
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by XPR Roadrunner Tue 12 Mar 2013 - 20:24

Throwing this out there, and only for those saying to make a comprimise.

Use the same rules as we do now, regarding lagouts (ie, nothing), but have some sort of small prize for the team with the most miles with at least one lagout that DIDN'T reach podium in-class.

TORA decides what their definition of "small prize" is, considering there aren't any rewards other than pride and respect for placing on podium or winning a TEC race.
XPR Roadrunner
XPR Roadrunner

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 3649
Registration date : 2012-06-21

http://www.formulaforza.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Stuttgart Tue 12 Mar 2013 - 20:30

All you've done there is twist my words to be in your favor. There's an ACCUSATION for you.

Youre a cunning linguist, but im a master debator. (you can read way too far into that one too as youre on a roll Wink )

I agree with you on saying disagreeing isnt shooting down, but you say you've read all the posts. If that was true then you wouldnt be as hostile as youre being right now would you? I think you've been reading all of these posts with a biased attitude. Theres another accusation.

"borderline dick-ish", was clearly a topic in the "evidence" you just supplied the viewing crowd. I think i was right in stating that because you have also just proved me right unwillingly. Theres definitely a hint of anyone that has an opinion that isnt mine is wrong and sod them for thinking that. Drake and Chrisupra both got the brunt of that too. It doesnt take too much reading to notice theres a pack mentality.

"How on earth can you know what someone would or wouldn't say depending on a situation!!!" - Mr Magictap

Its not hard to pick up on a group mentality or feeling behind the majority of the posts on a forum. Thats basic english 101.

Your statement, "Depending on the situation!!!", is a speculation in itself. We know what the situation is. Thats the reason we are having this argument right now..... Rolling Eyes

Its not hard to bend the words of others into your favor.

Please quote me where i was nasty to others opinions, as you seem to know what i wrote better than i do. In doing so please read everyone elses posts even though your crosshairs are on unravelling my post and seeing how you can twist it to benefit you.

I'm personally done with all this. This is my last reply on this matter and that of this specific thread. - Mr Magictap

Last edited by F4H Stuttgart on Tue 12 Mar 2013 - 20:32; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : needed to cite some quotes)
F4H Stuttgart
F4H Stuttgart

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Tue 12 Mar 2013 - 20:44

come on guys, bloody hell, yes it means a lot to a lot of us, but let me remind you, IT'S A GAME!!!
can we help that it's cold in the winter time? can we stop the rain falling down and make it fall up? can we remove criminals from this world just like that? NO, and the same applies for lag! it's part of online game play, it happens, and I would know, every that's raced with me here knows I'm the 'Australian racer with a heap of lag' but a lot of the time, they deal with it, or find a compromise! ie Le Mans last year, when we were in the lobby about to go to the grid set up at Camino mini, and driving down the track, most people said i had bad lag, so come the beginning of the race, Duncan asked that i waited for 3 seconds at Dunlop Corner until everyone had passed and then drove off again, which i did, and it was my best stint out of the ones i did.
sometimes we can't help that we or others have lag, and trust me, if I could fix it, i would have a long time ago, but it's part of online racing. you guys should've been aware of this when XBL first came out.

i'm sorry to sound so blunt when i say this, but, guys it's a game, and when you play online, lag will happen, all you can do is deal with it, ignore it and do what we all came here to do and that's race. and if you came here to point fingers and abuse the rights of TORA, then well shame on you
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

TORA Race Number : 31
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7110
Registration date : 2011-12-02

https://www.facebook.com/NSR.Esports1

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Stuttgart Tue 12 Mar 2013 - 20:45

i agree with you thats why i said what i said. Were all here for fun, but people are treating this like its a job.
F4H Stuttgart
F4H Stuttgart

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Tue 12 Mar 2013 - 20:49

just so over people complaining about thing out of their control
and not just here either, it gets worse at school n home, non stop Mad Mad No No Neutral
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

TORA Race Number : 31
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7110
Registration date : 2011-12-02

https://www.facebook.com/NSR.Esports1

Back to top Go down

Post by Diablo 29x Tue 12 Mar 2013 - 20:53

You don't have to read this thread, you know Wink

All joking aside, instead of getting all defensive, just let people post different ideas and opinions. So what if you don't agree? Opinions are like belly buttons, everyone's got one. Except for Worm, who is clearly an alien lol!

Diablo 29x

TORA Race Number : 29
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3628
Registration date : 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Mar 2013 - 20:56

F4H Stuttgart wrote:i agree with you thats why i said what i said. Were all here for fun, but people are treating this like its a job.

Were all here for fun but were also all here for a fair result i.e what actually happen not what could of happened. Whats to stop me getting pole in a sprint race lagging out does that mean i should complain until im credited with the win because i was running quick at that moment? No there would be uproar and this has happened many times to people but they just accept it as part of online gaming. It happens on xbox, pc, ps3 and its out of everyones control but never should a race position be given on probability over what happened.

Last post for me now ive put over as many points as i can, looking forward to what other ideas are brought up and look forward to hearing a staff decision.

Back to top Go down

Post by Texaspotatolord Tue 12 Mar 2013 - 20:58

It's more fun when your doing well.

Texaspotatolord

TORA Race Number : 597
Number of posts : 546
Registration date : 2013-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR NEON Tue 12 Mar 2013 - 21:18

Sebring 12 Hours Race Day Thread - Page 16 16391951
CQR NEON
CQR NEON

TORA Race Number : 255
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2012-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Stuttgart Tue 12 Mar 2013 - 21:38

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHa9rjQUDq4

Hopefully we can look back on this and laugh one day, like this guy above
F4H Stuttgart
F4H Stuttgart

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Tue 12 Mar 2013 - 21:40

Stuttgart the problem I see with any credit given is you are inevitably going to beat someone that didn't have an issue and that isn't fair to any of us, and I don't care if they are in lobby 37, but it just isn't fair if they completed everything.

If I beat someone by not racing I would feel like I committed highway robbery. Someone being cheated of a result from a rule isn't fair no matter how you cut it up. It is much less fair than lagging out and hearing someones bs "equate it to a mechanical failure" excuse. That stings as much as lagging out.

I'm not in the camp of deal with it. That's just an asshole way to go about things, and this is coming from someone who is an asshole sometimes. I really wish there was a better way and I am sympathetic to those that do lag out but the flip side to it is the rule would inevitably cheat someone out of a position they actually did earn on the race track.

Crashing is a different story. In no way am I sympathetic to that. I may say it sucks a little but everyone crashes and everyone gets crashed if they do this for more than a day. Some are their fault and some are not. Most crashes result in the offending driver blaming everyone but himself and a rule would just escalate the blame passing even further.

Also, I really don't mind this discussion as long as it stays a discussion. People are going to take sides, just remember that when posting and reading the other side of things. I doubt anyone here is trying to offend someone else.
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

TORA Race Number : 750
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1797
Registration date : 2011-01-10

http://teamgizmo.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Dav of Krypton Tue 12 Mar 2013 - 21:45

I'm Happy as Larry Smile. I Like Pies (sorry had to)

But most of all I wish I could race as fast as all Y'all study <--Dummies guide how to drive fast Written in compilation with A lobby

Dav of Krypton
Dav of Krypton

TORA Race Number : 187
Number of posts : 458
Registration date : 2012-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Hainesy Tue 12 Mar 2013 - 22:08

Speaking from a team that had a race ending lag-out, I've got to say that adding an extra stint is the complete wrong way to go imo. You just have to accept it happened and move on and congratulate the teams that did do well. Also, a winning or podium team may have benefited from someone lagging out but I hate to see posts that say "we would of won if it weren't......", just say well done to the winning teams. Try to look at it as a test of endurance for yourself and also your connection.
Hainesy
Hainesy

TORA Race Number : 446
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1618
Registration date : 2012-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Tue 12 Mar 2013 - 22:20

Midgetexpress wrote:

Like Russian Police? Fair?!?! Looool, you poor fool

it's a quote...

HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

TORA Race Number : 12
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 5771
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Ianmr Tue 12 Mar 2013 - 22:25

F4H Stuttgart wrote:i agree with you thats why i said what i said. Were all here for fun, but people are treating this like its a job.

Trust me for some of the staff on here the work load to run this place is a job in it's self and an unpaid one at that.

On that note I'd like to thank all the staff once again for helping us make this event as fun and enjoyable as it was.

Ianmr
Ianmr

TORA Race Number : 13
Number of posts : 2326
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenigsegg R Tue 12 Mar 2013 - 22:30

Lagouts are Poop, Evil or Very Mad and Sad but stay sunny, do your study and cheers the 1st, 2nd and 3rd while being afro. Don't be a Twisted Evil be a flower. Let's have some Cheers!

jocolor
Koenigsegg R
Koenigsegg R

TORA Race Number : 117
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 2674
Registration date : 2011-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Bullet Tue 12 Mar 2013 - 22:37

I have no clue as to what you said there Thom. scratch
F4H Bullet
F4H Bullet

TORA Race Number : 15
Number of posts : 871
Registration date : 2011-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Stuttgart Tue 12 Mar 2013 - 22:39

try using the swedish to english translators on google Dario, helped me a bit.
F4H Stuttgart
F4H Stuttgart

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next