TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Sebring 12 Hours Race Day Thread - Page 17 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Sebring 12 Hours Race Day Thread - Page 17 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Sebring 12 Hours Race Day Thread - Page 17 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Sebring 12 Hours Race Day Thread - Page 17 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Sebring 12 Hours Race Day Thread - Page 17 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Sebring 12 Hours Race Day Thread - Page 17 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Sebring 12 Hours Race Day Thread - Page 17 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Sebring 12 Hours Race Day Thread - Page 17 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Sebring 12 Hours Race Day Thread - Page 17 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Sebring 12 Hours Race Day Thread

+81
Duke of Bruno
CQR Jono
Ianmr
Koenigsegg R
The Posimosh
Racert46
F4H Carrera
CQR NEON
TG Wormburner
Ax4x Chaddy
F4H Stuttgart
Diablo 29x
MOPAR001
EMW Takum1
CQR HABURi
ATR DAN
Adder 020
Mandown46
Radiation Louis
MT2 Levin
Velox Midget
maneatingbrick
ShrinkingSteven
Wooflers
Joito04
HCR ChicaiN
MGR Iceman
KickRocks29
danfay12
F4H Bullet
tsaFooT
MrGRiMP
Euphoric Blaze
Ax4x Mikey J
LMR Zakspeed
Tango Wh1skey
LAPI74
SorrySmithy
Ax4x Bandit
MTBVator
LSR SCHIWO
Modafaya
VVV GunDaM
PURE IMPERIUM
F4H Hakkinen
LMR Hydro
Standaman94
Ax4x Kane
F4H Button
HCR generaltso
SECR Marko1100
LMR DarthMario
CQR Shifty
BDR Blackbird
CQR D4N13L
TM aidtheace
F4H Music Man
HCR Motorhead
LMR Agera
xVampirAx
Ax4x Cowboy
F4H FACEPALMER
TLR Scrublord
F4H bandicoot
CQR Aero
Richy59
HCR Bellmond
CredibleWizard
exp1osive sam
Brenwalsh
LMR BlackHawk
Texaspotatolord
F4H Drake
MAK42
XDas KreatureX
AdamWatson99
LastNewtStandin
CreamyTastey
theboomeranga
XPR Roadrunner
CQR Rogue
85 posters

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17

Go down

Sebring 12 Hours Race Day Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Sebring 12 Hours Race Day Thread

Post by Koenigsegg R Tue 12 Mar 2013 - 22:49

F4H Bullet wrote:I have no clue as to what you said there Thom. scratch
Especially for you. Very Happy

Lagouts are sh1t, frustrating and sad but stay positive, do your homework and congratulate the winners, second place drivers and third place drivers while being cool (calm). Don't be a meany be a nice boy. Let's have some fun/drinks together!
I'm stupid.
Koenigsegg R
Koenigsegg R

TORA Race Number : 117
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 2674
Registration date : 2011-07-21

Back to top Go down

Sebring 12 Hours Race Day Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Sebring 12 Hours Race Day Thread

Post by F4H Bullet Tue 12 Mar 2013 - 23:04

I think Thom took a page out of Codaks book and is drunk out of his mind. Razz Cheers
F4H Bullet
F4H Bullet

TORA Race Number : 15
Number of posts : 871
Registration date : 2011-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Tue 12 Mar 2013 - 23:40

What I would like to see and think is a great idea is everyone to post this prior to racing. The middle screen shows your gamertag for verification and the connection test has no warnings.

You post it before you race and if you are strict or moderate you don't race. It's not fair for those people to create issues for every other person in the lobby. Too often the people who have a bad NAT bring someone with them or kick someone else out of a race because they can't communicate properly.

TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

TORA Race Number : 750
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1797
Registration date : 2011-01-10

http://teamgizmo.net

Back to top Go down

Post by XPR Roadrunner Tue 12 Mar 2013 - 23:45

the problem is, people will lie, and I don't expect TORA to mandate that everyone provide proof that they are open, mod, or stict, as people can manipulate it quite easily.

plus its a bunch of work to upload a video and post it to the forums, as a lot of people still don't know how to even post a picture, let alone a video.

but I like the idea
XPR Roadrunner
XPR Roadrunner

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 3649
Registration date : 2012-06-21

http://www.formulaforza.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Diablo 29x Tue 12 Mar 2013 - 23:58

Can't really lie in a video. And it's really easy to make a video, use your phone, upload it to YouTube, and bam, you're done. You can do it with a camera phone.

Diablo 29x

TORA Race Number : 29
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3628
Registration date : 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by XPR Roadrunner Wed 13 Mar 2013 - 0:28

I know its easy, but not everyone finds it easy
XPR Roadrunner
XPR Roadrunner

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by BG Wumba Wed 13 Mar 2013 - 1:40

BG Hainesy wrote:Speaking from a team that had a race ending lag-out, I've got to say that adding an extra stint is the complete wrong way to go imo. You just have to accept it happened and move on and congratulate the teams that did do well. Also, a winning or podium team may have benefited from someone lagging out but I hate to see posts that say "we would of won if it weren't......", just say well done to the winning teams. Try to look at it as a test of endurance for yourself and also your connection.

I honestly think it is frustration at the amount of time put in to these endurance races that when things go wrong that are out of people's hands that raises these suggestions.
As Hainesy pointed out we had a lag out issue, and with myself in the last stint a mechanical issue where my controller broke down.
The point you have to realise is that TORA wants to be as close to the real racing as possible, and to race on here you have to accept that, it tries/does follow MSA rules to the exact limit it can on a video game that doesn't support all the features we want.
Looking at these suggestions I have to think they don't fit in with TORA's idea of trying to get it as close to real racing as possible. This leads me onto my next point.

If you don't have a stable connection or a controller that brakes at the point of racing, then all you can do is blame the provider that gave you the tool in the first place, it's as simple as if a car in a real endurance race had their engine blow up, i'm pretty sure a phone call from the chief engineer would be phoning up their engine providers to ask what the hell happened.

BG Wumba
BG Wumba

TORA Race Number : 43
Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Wed 13 Mar 2013 - 1:49

i completely agree 100%
out of your control, so why complain
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

TORA Race Number : 31
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7110
Registration date : 2011-12-02

https://www.facebook.com/NSR.Esports1

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Wed 13 Mar 2013 - 2:32

XPR Roadrunner wrote:I know its easy, but not everyone finds it easy

Welcome to 2013, learn how to upload a video or send one via email.
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

TORA Race Number : 750
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1797
Registration date : 2011-01-10

http://teamgizmo.net

Back to top Go down

Post by XPR Roadrunner Wed 13 Mar 2013 - 2:36

TG Wormburner wrote:
XPR Roadrunner wrote:I know its easy, but not everyone finds it easy

Welcome to 2013, learn how to upload a video or send one via email.

I agree, people should learn how to do it. However there are folks (like my gf) who are just technologically inept. It happens.
XPR Roadrunner
XPR Roadrunner

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Diablo 29x Wed 13 Mar 2013 - 2:54

BG Wumba wrote:
I honestly think it is frustration at the amount of time put in to these endurance races that when things go wrong that are out of people's hands that raises these suggestions.

It really is. When you see all of your hard work disintegrate into nothing because of something that really shouldn't happen with the tech we have (i.e. lagouts), it's a really hard pill to swallow. Took a quick look at our stats, and in the past year, including Le Mans 2012, F4H teams alone have had at least 9 separate teams experience lag outs, possibly 10. There are other teams that have experienced similar statistics (no, I didn't compare, that'd take way too much time). Don't get me wrong, we've had great successes, but there is always that "what if?" situation if we hadn't experienced this bad luck. At the end of the day though, this is endurance racing, and not everyone gets to stand on the podium that may have had the potential to do so. I think that's why we keep coming back, for a shot at the podium pie.

Yes, pie was referenced.

Diablo 29x

TORA Race Number : 29
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3628
Registration date : 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Texaspotatolord Wed 13 Mar 2013 - 2:59

Pie is pretty tasty.

Texaspotatolord

TORA Race Number : 597
Number of posts : 546
Registration date : 2013-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Mar 2013 - 3:08

F4H Diablo wrote:
BG Wumba wrote:
this is endurance racing, and not everyone gets to stand on the podium that may have had the potential to do so. I think that's why we keep coming back, for a shot at the podium pie.

Yes, pie was referenced.

PIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Drake Wed 13 Mar 2013 - 3:37

STR Warspite GB wrote:
F4H Diablo wrote:
BG Wumba wrote:
this is endurance racing, and not everyone gets to stand on the podium that may have had the potential to do so. I think that's why we keep coming back, for a shot at the podium pie.

Yes, pie was referenced.

PIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy

All those feels.

Sebring 12 Hours Race Day Thread - Page 17 HF2B9941A
F4H Drake
F4H Drake

TORA Race Number : 23
Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2012-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR D4N13L Wed 13 Mar 2013 - 20:23

Without stirring things up even more, I would like to share my opinion regarding the whole changing the rules discussion.

Personally, I feel the rules are pretty much right, I don't agree with the whole adding a stint or adding a percentage of "x" stint. I'm in no way dis-regarding what all you guys have been saying, I just don't agree.

Now, with the whole real-life vs video game discussion and how you shouldn't try to make a game like real life. In real life a car wouldn't be floating 20ft off the ground with "lag" or bounce side to side from the same cause. However, can a driver not "lag" in his own response times? After hours of racing a real life car, the g-force, the mental concentration and physical endurance will always play a key part. If a driver were to get exhausted and react to anything too late, could that not be a mental "lag" of concentration and reaction?

At the end of the day, there are things that will always be out of your control, in both real life and video games. The race is the race, and what happens, happens. It may not be the perfect race weekend that every team wants but you can't control nature.
CQR D4N13L
CQR D4N13L

TORA Race Number : 211
Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2012-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Thu 14 Mar 2013 - 3:10

F4H Diablo wrote: F4H teams alone have had at least 9 separate teams experience lag outs, possibly 10.

music man and i especially...we did not have any luck in 2012 when we teamed up together...very frustrating.
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

TORA Race Number : 12
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 5771
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17