TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TCR Clubman C Cup Stewards Office EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TCR Clubman C Cup Stewards Office EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TCR Clubman C Cup Stewards Office EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TCR Clubman C Cup Stewards Office EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TCR Clubman C Cup Stewards Office EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TCR Clubman C Cup Stewards Office EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TCR Clubman C Cup Stewards Office EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TCR Clubman C Cup Stewards Office EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TCR Clubman C Cup Stewards Office EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TCR Clubman C Cup Stewards Office

4 posters

Go down

TCR Clubman C Cup Stewards Office Empty TCR Clubman C Cup Stewards Office

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Sat 6 Dec 2014 - 3:03

This is where any Steward Inquiries will be posted, as well as the results of said inquiries.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

TCR Clubman C Cup Stewards Office Empty Re: TCR Clubman C Cup Stewards Office

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Sat 6 Dec 2014 - 3:13

AMG Pr3d wrote:11/28/2014 23:37:38
AMG Pr3d, Slider S15
TCR Cluban C Cup, Round 2, Race 3 Lobby A Lap 12, Turn 2

I overtook Slider S15 on the inside of Turn 2 and he then cut the corner to gain an advantage which led him to overtaking me between turns 2/3.

Any other incidents in that race, in my eyes were either racing incidents or driver error. None warrent of a SI.

I'm placing this through 'Leaving The Track and Gaining An Advantage'

Yes In my Storefront

This was a tough call, but from what I saw, and tested, the area that Slider S15 made the pass on counts as clean while running laps solo on this circuit.

I understand that it was outside the white lines, but I saw that area of track being used often.

No action taken.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Sat 6 Dec 2014 - 3:17

hunty1981 wrote:12/5/2014 15:40
hunty1981, joshuathefox

on lap one last he hit me and spun me out in the last bend putting me in last,

on lap eight he ran wide and went underneath him and he turned into me and spun me again

both times he never gave the position back and continued to race as if nothing happened

I reviewed both incidents, and it appears as Joshua did try to take evasive action. But, as per TORA Driving Standards, he did fail to let Hunty by after gaining position via contact.

This would normally result in a 3 place drop in final running order, but since there is only one position to drop, will result in a 3 point penalty pending Joshuathefox's response.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Sat 6 Dec 2014 - 15:40

Joshuathefox wrote:All I can say is things like this happen. I can't blame him or I for this but I see this as a racing incident. I came into the corner on the first lap with alot of momentum. This happened at the very last second I touched his rear end. Its not my fault I can say for my car NOT TO HIT HIM when I dont know what is going to happen. The second incident is yet another racing incident. Its the last lap and shenanigins will be thrown around. I will say but just being nice and letting them by seems your taking it kinda easy on alot of guys. I would much appreciate it if he would have been able to catch up to me and pass me instead of ask.I appologize if this is coming from someone new to TORA but I have been through other races and I kinda feel its taken a little to easy here and the driver levels are unbalenced. I like it when I can race alot of people at my level and have a bit of a challenge.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW tubbi Sat 6 Dec 2014 - 16:37

As an opinion from a fellow racer it would seem that Joshua could do with having a read of the tora rules of racing. These are here to make things fair for all drivers and to preserve racing etiquette.
I would mention that if a driver is following another driver in my opinion it is the chasing drivers responsibility to overtake in a manner as to not cause an accident, some drivers are unaware of other cars due to the view that they race in (i race above and behind ).
Pushing an overtake that is very risky can also be penalised. These kind of maneuvers are more likely when a grid is reversed as the lesser skilled drivers are now being overtaken, consideration should be given to these guys as they may not be expecting an overtake of the nature its carried out in.
If you lack the skill to overtake cleanly then wait it out, put pressure on the guy in front and force a mistake without contact, this happens in all of the lobbies but in particular the A lobby.
I practice this form of racing and subsequently have only ever had 3 SI,s in 6 years of racing at tora.

Love respectfully from tubbi
PLOW tubbi
PLOW tubbi

Number of posts : 1763
Registration date : 2008-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar Sat 6 Dec 2014 - 16:58

PLOW tubbi wrote:As an opinion from a fellow racer it would seem that Joshua could do with having a read of the tora rules of racing. These are here to make things fair for all drivers and to preserve racing etiquette.
I would mention that if a driver is following another driver in my opinion it is the chasing drivers responsibility to overtake in a manner as to not cause an accident, some drivers are unaware of other cars due to the view that they race in  (i race above and behind ).
Pushing an overtake that is very risky can also be penalised. These kind of maneuvers are more likely when a grid is reversed as the lesser skilled drivers are now being overtaken, consideration should be given to these guys as they may not be expecting an overtake of the nature its carried out in.
If you lack the skill to overtake cleanly then wait it out, put pressure on the guy in front and force a mistake without contact, this happens in all of the lobbies but in particular the A lobby.
I practice this form of racing and subsequently have only ever had 3 SI,s in 6 years of racing at tora.

Love respectfully from tubbi

+1 Tubbi
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

TORA Race Number : 202
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2014-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by CTM AnonCaliga Sat 6 Dec 2014 - 17:32

Adding my penny's worth, I think some, not all newcomers should pay particular attention to TORA's R&R's regarding racing and others not just use SI's because they are there. There is a huge difference between a racing incident and outright bad driving especially where overtaking and being overtaken is involved, for example, one such incident in mind has driver behind overtake another driver who has the racing line, just metres before a turn then slam on the brakes causing the driver behind to unavoidably make contact with the driver in front, in my view the driver ahead should expect the invitable to happen and not to blame the driver behind who had the line into the corner. Although in Hunty's case above, which I witnessed happen to him twice, I see no fault laying with Hunty and the position should have been given back to Hunty on both occasions. Like I said, just my penny's worth.

Last edited by AnonCaliga on Sat 6 Dec 2014 - 23:16; edited 2 times in total
CTM AnonCaliga
CTM AnonCaliga

TORA Race Number : 360
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1173
Registration date : 2013-11-12

http://CTechMotorsport.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW tubbi Sat 6 Dec 2014 - 17:40

If you were to use this advice in A lobby you would punt someone on every corner.
The cars are different the drivers are different, everyone has their own braking distances, some are more risky than others.
If the guy in front has braked in the same spot all race and gets punted, the guy behind is at fault.
The guy behind is responsible for the overtake, he has the best view and has the greatest control.
PLOW tubbi
PLOW tubbi

Number of posts : 1763
Registration date : 2008-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down