TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TORA.US Touring Masters Rd 5: Road Atlanta SIGN IN - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TORA.US Touring Masters Rd 5: Road Atlanta SIGN IN - Page 3 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TORA.US Touring Masters Rd 5: Road Atlanta SIGN IN - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA.US Touring Masters Rd 5: Road Atlanta SIGN IN - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA.US Touring Masters Rd 5: Road Atlanta SIGN IN - Page 3 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA.US Touring Masters Rd 5: Road Atlanta SIGN IN - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA.US Touring Masters Rd 5: Road Atlanta SIGN IN - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA.US Touring Masters Rd 5: Road Atlanta SIGN IN - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA.US Touring Masters Rd 5: Road Atlanta SIGN IN - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA.US Touring Masters Rd 5: Road Atlanta SIGN IN

+17
Hailfire97x
KZX Spider
PsycoPhoenix
BigBen13x
WhoIsJohn117
Da MadcaT
Midnite Rider
ShortTrackFox93
HCR MeRiCA
APX COLONEL
DRR MrShannon2U
TyrannicCymbals
Windcharger8199
xICEMANx41
MAVERICK3138
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
theboomeranga
21 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

TORA.US Touring Masters Rd 5: Road Atlanta SIGN IN - Page 3 Empty Re: TORA.US Touring Masters Rd 5: Road Atlanta SIGN IN

Post by SVR Solar Sat 14 Feb 2015 - 0:22

its just if i remember correctly there was someone at start of the Series that had a Mic but he couldnt talk to us cause the receiving wire had broke but he could hear us, think it was Psycho Phoenix but i was just saying he was allowed to race :/ but aye MadCat ur doing the TCR TCC right? send me a message will try sort u a tune out for it Smile
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

TORA Race Number : 202
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2014-07-18

Back to top Go down

TORA.US Touring Masters Rd 5: Road Atlanta SIGN IN - Page 3 Empty Re: TORA.US Touring Masters Rd 5: Road Atlanta SIGN IN

Post by Da MadcaT Sat 14 Feb 2015 - 0:34

Yeah, I sure am dude! Working on me car whilst we speak lol
But still, a guide to tuning etc would be a valued addition to this site lol
Da MadcaT
Da MadcaT

TORA Race Number : 893
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2015-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar Sat 14 Feb 2015 - 1:26

ill inbox you a few tips for you to work on
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

Xbox 360 PC

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSCOEpCOTRAIN Wed 18 Feb 2015 - 17:13

Midnite Rider wrote:Kind of hard to tell people where you are at in relation to them without a mic. I'm the one who said he needed a mic. And I am sorry but I am not going to run a race with someone without one. Running a qualify session is one thing but racing is another altogether different. I gave him text instruction on how to change his player group. Sorry if you did not understand how Da Madcat, but if you had I mic we could have talked it out. If you don't want me to host for you anymore that is not an issue, I enjoy racing more if I don't have to worry about hosting duty. I stepped up because you needed the help.
some of the closest ,cleanest racing I have been apart of was a three lobby continental series with no comms... so in my veiw miss are a convince
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

TORA Race Number : 33
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1447
Registration date : 2012-11-17

http://neinshiza.net84.net  neinshiza.the-talk.net

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Bellmond Wed 18 Feb 2015 - 18:39

+1

Having a Mic is helpful but in real world racing they dont call out passes!! You have to be aware of your own surroundings. I very rarely call out a move!
HCR Bellmond
HCR Bellmond

TORA Race Number : 35
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1984
Registration date : 2012-08-02

http://happycatracing.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by DRR MrShannon2U Thu 19 Feb 2015 - 11:07

HCR Bellmond wrote:+1

Having a Mic is helpful but in real world racing they dont call out passes!! You have to be aware of your own surroundings. I very rarely call out a move!

Honestly, I call out passes for my own good. I know I am aware of my surroundings, but is the other driver? Last thing I want is to end up in 11th because someone carelessly dinged me while I was passing them for 3rd.
DRR MrShannon2U
DRR MrShannon2U

TORA Race Number : 203
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 269
Registration date : 2015-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar Thu 19 Feb 2015 - 14:12

MrShannon2U wrote:
HCR Bellmond wrote:+1

Honestly, I call out passes for my own good. I know I am aware of my surroundings, but is the other driver? Last thing I want is to end up in 11th because someone carelessly dinged me while I was passing them for 3rd.

2 sides to every coin with this debate there will never be a victor im afraid Sad
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

Xbox 360 PC

Back to top Go down

Post by EZT MAKO 6669 Thu 19 Feb 2015 - 15:09

I'm actually surprised that this issue is not explicitly addressed in the rules here. Nearly every other organization I have raced with has required a mic to race. Most have also required that you call out passes, or at least communicate in some way with a driver you are racing for position. Even if not formally expressed in the rules, it has always been considered good racing etiquette to do so, even in the public lobbies. No, they don't call out passes in the real world, but they have spotters helping them out. They also have much better visibility than we have in Forza. If I'm using hood view and your in close on a corner I have no idea where you are. Switching to the side view even for an instant in the middle of a corner to see where you are can be disrupting at the least. Telling me where you are can prevent ruining both our races.
EZT MAKO 6669
EZT MAKO 6669

TORA Race Number : 163
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 4314
Registration date : 2014-08-05

http://www.eztmotorsport.net/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Thu 19 Feb 2015 - 15:17

I thought I had seen "mic required" in the site's official rules and regulations thread. I know that there have been rare instances where others have had to miss a race due to no mic, and other rare instances where someone had a waiver to race w/o one.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar Thu 19 Feb 2015 - 15:18

EZT MAKO 6669 wrote:I'm actually surprised that this issue is not explicitly addressed in the rules here. Nearly every other organization I have raced with has required a mic to race. Most have also required that you call out passes, or at least communicate in some way with a driver you are racing for position. Even if not formally expressed in the rules, it has always been considered good racing etiquette to do so, even in the public lobbies. No, they don't call out passes in the real world, but they have spotters helping them out. They also have much better visibility than we have in Forza. If I'm using hood view and your in close on a corner I have no idea where you are. Switching to the side view even for an instant in the middle of a corner to see where you are can be disrupting at the least. Telling me where you are can prevent ruining both our races.

i race with the Hood View and do not call out my Take Overs as i see myself fully capable of performing the pass without me or them hitting each other, i have gone 2 wide sometimes 3 wide around a corner with people and not touched once with no Communication at all, TORA Slogan so 2 speak is "As Real as it gets" so they try 2 make the Series as Real as Possible and if people wanna do call outs fair play 2 them, me i trust the person i am overtaking 2 not do a call out
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

Xbox 360 PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Da MadcaT Thu 19 Feb 2015 - 15:24

I'm due to race in the TCC competition tomorrow (my 1st ever competition race) and I still don't have a headset that I can use, I only have a USB one which alas the 360 doesn't recognize, but I still wish to take part.

I can totally understand the need for a headset/mic and I am in the process of getting one.

However, in the real world, the usage of communication systems is within each team and not to everyone on the circuit. Drivers must rely on their driving skills and their awareness. As for visibility, there is the cockpit view which has mirrors, and you can also have a mirror on the bonnet view. Ok, not 100% ideal, but, they're there and if we are to proceed as realistic as poss, then surely usage of mirrors should be encouraged and utilized
Da MadcaT
Da MadcaT

Xbox 360 PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Thu 19 Feb 2015 - 15:26

I will grant you said waiver for this week's TCC round. But if things go bad...
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by EZT MAKO 6669 Thu 19 Feb 2015 - 15:27

Flyin Mikey J wrote:I will grant you said waiver for this week's TCC round. But if things go bad...

lol!
EZT MAKO 6669
EZT MAKO 6669

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Da MadcaT Thu 19 Feb 2015 - 15:28

Thanks Flyin Mike! If they go bad then it will be due to driver error lol. and besides, I can still hear what is going on, just not able to communicate myself atm

(and anyway, atm, I just hope that I can at least keep up with the pack and not come last lol)
Da MadcaT
Da MadcaT

Xbox 360 PC

Back to top Go down

Post by EZT MAKO 6669 Thu 19 Feb 2015 - 15:43

Solar Flar3 wrote:
EZT MAKO 6669 wrote:I'm actually surprised that this issue is not explicitly addressed in the rules here. Nearly every other organization I have raced with has required a mic to race. Most have also required that you call out passes, or at least communicate in some way with a driver you are racing for position. Even if not formally expressed in the rules, it has always been considered good racing etiquette to do so, even in the public lobbies. No, they don't call out passes in the real world, but they have spotters helping them out. They also have much better visibility than we have in Forza. If I'm using hood view and your in close on a corner I have no idea where you are. Switching to the side view even for an instant in the middle of a corner to see where you are can be disrupting at the least. Telling me where you are can prevent ruining both our races.

i race with the Hood View and do not call out my Take Overs as i see myself fully capable of performing the pass without me or them hitting each other, i have gone 2 wide sometimes 3 wide around a corner with people and not touched once with no Communication at all, TORA Slogan so 2 speak is "As Real as it gets" so they try 2 make the Series as Real as Possible and if people wanna do call outs fair play 2 them, me i trust the person i am overtaking 2 not do a call out

I'm just saying Solar, I'm not overly hung up on the matter either. In a room full of experienced and competent drivers it's a non issue. When racing with less experienced drivers though it doesn't hurt to give them a heads up.
EZT MAKO 6669
EZT MAKO 6669

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar Thu 19 Feb 2015 - 16:14

EZT MAKO 6669 wrote:
Solar Flar3 wrote:

I'm just saying Solar, I'm not overly hung up on the matter either. In a room full of experienced and competent drivers it's a non issue. When racing with less experienced drivers though it doesn't hurt to give them a heads up.

yhyh i know dude, aslong as that person can hear you its all good in my opinion Smile
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

Xbox 360 PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Da MadcaT Fri 20 Feb 2015 - 17:04

GREAT NEWS PEOPLE! I'VE NOW GOT A HEADSET! lol Very Happy
Da MadcaT
Da MadcaT

Xbox 360 PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnite Rider Sat 21 Feb 2015 - 23:38

cheers

Cheers
Midnite Rider
Midnite Rider

TORA Race Number : 69
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2011-01-21

http://greenleafracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3