TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
MSA TORA Trans Am Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
MSA TORA Trans Am Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
MSA TORA Trans Am Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
MSA TORA Trans Am Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
MSA TORA Trans Am Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
MSA TORA Trans Am Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
MSA TORA Trans Am Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
MSA TORA Trans Am Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
MSA TORA Trans Am Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

MSA TORA Trans Am Season 2 - General Discussion

+12
desertrainfrog
LER VisionThing
WhoIsJohn117
Standaman94
matta1304
XPR Moontower
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
Diablo 29x
Capt10 Morgan
HCR MeRiCA
Dominic Mako
F4H Stingray
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

MSA TORA Trans Am Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: MSA TORA Trans Am Season 2 - General Discussion

Post by F4H Stingray Wed 22 Apr 2015 - 6:49

Early laps around Silverstone 2:17s
F4H Stingray
F4H Stingray

TORA Race Number : 28
Xbox 360 Xbox 360

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2012-02-27

Back to top Go down

MSA TORA Trans Am Season 2 - General Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: MSA TORA Trans Am Season 2 - General Discussion

Post by LER VisionThing Wed 22 Apr 2015 - 9:33

I think (although I may be wrong) that there is an error on the teams points. My team should have 582 not 571...
LER VisionThing
LER VisionThing

TORA Race Number : 303
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2014-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Diablo 29x Wed 22 Apr 2015 - 14:57

LER VisionThing wrote:I think (although I may be wrong) that there is an error on the teams points. My team should have 582 not 571...

Fixed, I used Oddball's points rather than Mako's. Should be all set now!

Diablo 29x

TORA Race Number : 29
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3628
Registration date : 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by LER VisionThing Wed 22 Apr 2015 - 15:07

Cheers sweetcheeks x
LER VisionThing
LER VisionThing

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by LER VisionThing Tue 28 Apr 2015 - 15:22

In guessing silverstone is a mustang track? I'm way off pace and even Ricky can get close to the 'stangs lol
LER VisionThing
LER VisionThing

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Stingray Tue 28 Apr 2015 - 16:38

Ran trans am here 16.9. Camaro 16.8 javelin 16.9. Basic tunes. Mustang hit a 16.6 but it's the car I'm using so I've tuned it a little more. Avg low 17s in all of them
F4H Stingray
F4H Stingray

Xbox 360 Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Mako Wed 29 Apr 2015 - 3:12

Wow, these reverse grid races are turning into a farce. Seriously.
Dominic Mako
Dominic Mako

TORA Race Number : 428
Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2013-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Manuel CR Wed 29 Apr 2015 - 3:38

2 restarts not caused by lag, and I got collected at the last restart.

Sorry Dominic, it was really my fault to hit you when i was trying to get in pits.  i really shouldnt get across the track that way.  
I was frustrated by the damage i got and i just crossed to get fixed.

People have to understand that Reverse grid is matter of patience.  And some people is jumping on the trigger at the "GO GO GO"
Manuel CR
Manuel CR

TORA Race Number : 40
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Diablo 29x Wed 29 Apr 2015 - 4:20

I think the reverse grids work best when the gap in pace between first and last in the room is smaller. The gap so far has been fairly wide and naturally it makes for a bit of chaos. It was a callback to a series ran on another site and it worked, then again that was on FM4 where we had 4-5 lobbies per race and split between 1st in last was a second or less.

Patience from the faster guys is key, which as a collective we don't seem to have at the moment. Lobby size also is part of the issue.

I'm willing to switch it up for later races if we can agree on it, such as top 8 or so get reversed instead of everyone? Any suggestions are welcome.

Diablo 29x

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Manuel CR Wed 29 Apr 2015 - 4:26

Top 8 sounds great, like in BTCC.
Manuel CR
Manuel CR

TORA Race Number : 40
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Hybrid Wed 29 Apr 2015 - 5:38

standing starts. full reverse grid Cheers
LMR Hybrid
LMR Hybrid

TORA Race Number : 75
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2012-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by ATP Wheelwash Wed 29 Apr 2015 - 8:11

A complete ban on restarts unless there is a lag related incident, theres absolutely no negatives currently on any start for being a complete plank, theres no restrictions, penalties for not using common sense and if you **** up, you scream restart as loud as possible and thats enough to swing one. If you get one chance and the possibility a steward to check and issues drive through penalties at the start of the following weeks race one, it may reduce the all or nothing starts eventually. Yes i understand that stewards havent the time, but in the longer term, people wouldnt be willing to throw an entire race away for the sake of a suicide move.

If double file cant be achieved, which with the current lag issues on Xbox Live, PCars will probably have those issues as well, especially in the beginning, single file rolling starts, a starting point when the leader can go and no overtaking before the start finish line. An extra reward for those on pole position, they earnt it, they control it, none of this 3-2-1 go, leader controls the pace, the others follow in suit.

Standing starts and rolling starts, doesnt make much difference, its still the first corner congestion in both and its not like a rolling start isnt common practice in many motorsports
ATP Wheelwash
ATP Wheelwash

TORA Race Number : #16
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2012-08-09

http://www.vtcc.online/

Back to top Go down

Post by LER VisionThing Wed 29 Apr 2015 - 12:10

Far less issues with standing starts as there are bigger gaps between cars and lower speeds, most starts on TORA are a mess. This side by side bumper to bumper crap is always gonna be a accident waiting to happen, rolling starts work in real life cos everyone sticks to the speed limit and the guys at the front doesn't slam the brakes on every 5 seconds
LER VisionThing
LER VisionThing

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Mako Wed 29 Apr 2015 - 14:29

I apologize, my comment didn't really help or add to the conversation. I was feeling pretty miffed last night after the race and just felt I needed to post something. Besides the damage from the lap one furball, I was too huffy to get my act together and get on with the race anyway. After I slowly worked my way forward I jumped the curb on an ambitious pass and clattered into my own teammate, tumbling back down the order again.

As mentioned above, it probably isn't ONLY the rolling starts, ONLY the lag, or ONLY the faster drivers coming forward. It's a little of everything, but I'd say the lag is the biggest culprit in these proceedings. I have found that a private lobby can become more unstable the more races are run, so if we go over 12 again perhaps we can try exiting the lobby and restarting it again before the second race.
Dominic Mako
Dominic Mako

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Stingray Wed 29 Apr 2015 - 16:02

We can always try single file starts. btcc restart rule no 321 go. When the lesser accelerates that means everyone goes. It's just about patience and some don't have it. Even though I waited when the start I still got collected but a crash happens. It's part of racing and I understand that.
F4H Stingray
F4H Stingray

Xbox 360 Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Stingray Wed 29 Apr 2015 - 16:04

And we know there will always be lag. Also running less than 12 like last night it would have been 8-8. No one had a concern about a full lobby. Just take lag accidents as a blown tire or something. Shyte happens unfortunately.
F4H Stingray
F4H Stingray

Xbox 360 Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Diablo 29x Wed 29 Apr 2015 - 16:52

Standing starts work as well.

How about this: We try a standing, reverse grid for race 2 next week? It's at Road Atlanta so the first lap is going to be a bit hectic anyway. Or, we can do standing starts for both races? I just want to have the best races we can, and if a format change is needed, I'm more than willing to do that.

Diablo 29x

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Moesavy Wed 29 Apr 2015 - 17:20

I think rolli g starts would be better with no 3 2 1 go. Gives people to much of a chance to jump the start. Just have the leader control the start, and we go off him

Moesavy

TORA Race Number : 946
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2013-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Stingray Wed 29 Apr 2015 - 17:46

I agree Moe.
F4H Stingray
F4H Stingray

Xbox 360 Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by LER VisionThing Wed 29 Apr 2015 - 18:45

I would also say that broadcasting an already laggy lobby on twitch does not help with your connection
LER VisionThing
LER VisionThing

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Hybrid Wed 29 Apr 2015 - 20:07

the whole thing about fast guys had no patience is [Censored] because looking at the replay for race 2 again it was front to mid pack that caused the carnage. the race 1 winners even backed way off so how can you say they had no patience?
LMR Hybrid
LMR Hybrid

TORA Race Number : 75
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2012-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Mako Wed 29 Apr 2015 - 20:22

l RickyTan l wrote:l  looking at the replay for race 2 again it was front to mid pack that caused the carnage

If I may play Devil's advocate, he could be referring to one of the previous attempts before the final restart.  I believe we had one instance prior where there were several cars side-by-side in the chicane behind me before chaos ensued.  On the last attempt, as you mentioned, the middle of the pack was cleared out pretty quickly, so it wouldn't have been as much of a challenge for those in the rear to move forward.  With the reverse grid races, the middle of the field usually has the toughest task to avoid other drivers.
Dominic Mako
Dominic Mako

Back to top Go down

Post by Capt10 Morgan Thu 30 Apr 2015 - 2:18

I just want to add, I dropped out after Sebring due to reverse grid. My fault completely, for not remembering how much I hated it (been a while since i ran one). I always feel like a pinball on reverse grid. Faster drivers not showing enough patience working their way back to the front. BUT, in their defense, they are racing each other. It's not like they have all the time in the world and can just take their sweet time passing me. If they don't, someone else will. And it wasn't Diablo's fault this time either. He just happened to be the one that was in the wrong place at wrong time. But it just reminded me how I always have problems. I've been getting faster lately, but just couldnt settle the car with a tune and dont have the desire to practice as much as I usually do, with pcars around the corner. THATS why I dropped. Seriously, dont want to place any blame on Diablo. (Only mentioned his name in case someone saw the replays, etc) But in general, I think reverse grid presents a lot of issues. I think there should be a LOT more communication from faster drivers on reverse grid. We all know who is fast and who is slow. If you fast guys tell me you are coming up and trying to pass, I know its only a matter of time before you do anyway, so id be more than happy to let you pass. I'd almost treat it more like a multiclass event. Communication communication communication!
Capt10 Morgan
Capt10 Morgan

TORA Race Number : 426
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2014-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Stingray Thu 30 Apr 2015 - 3:52

Im not saying only patience from the fast guys because yes the crash was mid pack. Patience from everybody is key. You can't win on the first lap. You can only win on the last lap. Not saying make a crash happen on last lap lol. But what I'm saying is that if we can all give each other room when necessary than we will all make it. We can not go 4 wide into a chicane somebody's going to have to give. Or the major crash will happen. Would everyone rather have no reversal at all. And just start the race how we finished. Imo it won't help and will make some angry. I mean kicker n falcon were mid pack essentially the first race but kicker nearly won the race due to the reversal. Falcon did win. The reversal only gives the chance for someone that may not be the fastest or had bad luck to earn a good finish. Of course when first to last is separated by 6 seconds due to registration size wr can't help that.
F4H Stingray
F4H Stingray

Xbox 360 Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by LER VisionThing Thu 30 Apr 2015 - 11:44

Everyone keeps saying you can't go 4 wide, butthat wasn't even the problem in the last race, the 4 cars involved didn't touch each other and gave each other space. Only time we touched is when I got shunted (hard) from behind. It happened due a simple mistake of the guy behind missing a brake point, as your clip shows Kobra.
LER VisionThing
LER VisionThing

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next