TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Thank you EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Thank you EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Thank you EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Thank you EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Thank you EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Thank you EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Thank you EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Thank you EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Thank you EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Thank you

5 posters

Go down

Thank you Empty Thank you

Post by ckBrenneke Wed 15 Apr 2009 - 19:56

I'd just like to say a big thanks to everyone who competed in the second season of the TORA Touring Cars.

While not without controversy, it really did live up to the ideals that I had in mind while writing out the regs for season 2, and it delivered those ideas with aplomb. The panel bashing was as ever present, while rarely being malicious, and the racing was hard-fought.

Congratulations to AZTtheButcher for a thoroughly convincing season. The Subaru Legacy really has been the Vectra of season 2, and Plow Motorsport used it to great effect in securing the championship.

I'd like to thank everyone involved in running this season. Thirty races, plus qualifying, with multiple lobbies takes a good deal of administration as you can imagine. From collating times, arranging grids, rolling starts, reviewing telemetry, a considerable amount of time has gone into this from all involved.

And thank you to all who have competed at any level. Despite rarely making lobby A myself, I have enjoyed the racing in the lower lobbies - on a few occasions it has arguably been better! Thanks for patience while we arranged lobbies, worked out qualification times, sorted out connection issues, etc. And thanks for (on the whole) the clean, competitive racing that has pervaded this season.

At time of writing, the PMs have been switched off, but we will be reactivating these shortly. I will then make arrangements for payment of winnings. Obviously there have been a few issues in this area due to the AG Tuning money being in the care of someone who is no longer a member, and my own unfortunate tampered profile error which saw me lose nearly $35 million. But we will make these payments as soon as we can.

Regardless of these problems, I hope you have enjoyed season two as much as I have.

Season three is almost ready to be launched. As has gradually been leaked out, the days of A800 Super-touring are over. We will be lowering the PI level, and changing the build options on the cars to make them behave more like the real-life vehicles in the World and British Touring Car Championships, as well as refreshing the car lists. There will be an all-new calender, including a few tracks the TCC hasn't visited in either of its previous seasons. There will be a few other changes besides, including a return to standing starts. Look out for news of these developments very shortly.

I hope I'll see you all there!
ckBrenneke
ckBrenneke

Number of posts : 3856
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Back to top Go down

Thank you Empty Re: Thank you

Post by lfcnicklfc Wed 15 Apr 2009 - 22:37

and thank you for creating this series, mate its been fantastic very well done for a great season cheers
lfcnicklfc
lfcnicklfc

TORA Race Number : 11
Number of posts : 3589
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW tubbi Wed 15 Apr 2009 - 22:50

Well what can I say........ Bravo, fantastic job for arranging the season, there may have been a few mumblings but you cant please everybody all of the time. I personally really enjoyed it but i must buy a chair that doesn't swivel, what with the closeness of the racing i nearly fell off a few times.
I have raced in plenty of amateur competitions on tracks for real (hot rods 2000cc and rookie bangers) and the excitement during some of the racing is nearly as intense, just need somebody wafting burning rubber at me in front of the screen and the job would be complete.
I,m quite pleased that the PI is coming down as some of the closest races i have ever run have been in the the A's and B's as the potential for contact and getting away with it increases as the speed decreases.
Lets hope for some more fantastic racing in the coming season, sign me up right now.
Good luck to all in the coming season...........................................................

But be warned, the PLOW train will be back
PLOW tubbi
PLOW tubbi

Number of posts : 1763
Registration date : 2008-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Thu 16 Apr 2009 - 13:20

Very Happy Nice one! Congrats to everyone, and well done ck!

Lower PI Smile Expect Stobart to be strong in the next season Smile
nickyf1
nickyf1

TORA Race Number : 271
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 10770
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by XTI Jon Snow Mon 20 Apr 2009 - 2:50

about when will season four start? for thoes of us over the pond, "8pm" for us is 3pm and if it starts in may im still in school and dont get home until 4pm usually. but other then that expect XTI to try our best and be out there racing with the big boys
XTI Jon Snow
XTI Jon Snow

TORA Race Number : 199
Number of posts : 2680
Registration date : 2009-03-22

http://xtiforums.myfreeforum.org

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Thu 23 Apr 2009 - 20:48

when can we expect the release of the Season 3 rules/regs?
nickyf1
nickyf1

TORA Race Number : 271
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 10770
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by ckBrenneke Thu 23 Apr 2009 - 21:36

There's still a few issues to resolve, and I haven't been about as much recently due to real-life, but I intend to get my head into sorting them asap.
ckBrenneke
ckBrenneke

Number of posts : 3856
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum