TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TEC 24h of LeMans Support Races (hosted by CRA) EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TEC 24h of LeMans Support Races (hosted by CRA) EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TEC 24h of LeMans Support Races (hosted by CRA) EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TEC 24h of LeMans Support Races (hosted by CRA) EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TEC 24h of LeMans Support Races (hosted by CRA) EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TEC 24h of LeMans Support Races (hosted by CRA) EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TEC 24h of LeMans Support Races (hosted by CRA) EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TEC 24h of LeMans Support Races (hosted by CRA) EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TEC 24h of LeMans Support Races (hosted by CRA) EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TEC 24h of LeMans Support Races (hosted by CRA)

5 posters

Go down

TEC 24h of LeMans Support Races (hosted by CRA) Empty TEC 24h of LeMans Support Races (hosted by CRA)

Post by desertrainfrog Wed 8 Jun 2016 - 17:47

Just like AdamWatson offered them at the 12h of Sebring (see post here) I'm going to host/run a few support races on Friday, June 10th, at 8PM GMT.

But instead of 5 races that last 20-30 minutes each, I'd like to do 2 spec races 45-60 minutes each, but lap based.

All races will be on the dry 24h-layout of the LeMans Circuit de la Sarthe with Simulation damage on and the Assists being limited to:

• Easiest Steering: Simulation
  • Easiest Brakes: ABS on
  • STM forced Off
  • TCS allowed
  • Easiest shifting: Manual

For the races themselves I took a look into the official schedule of the real 24h of LeMans race and found out that there will be the Ferrari Challenge (driving in 458 Challenge EVOs) and the Road to LeMans race (with LMP3 cars) racing before the big thingies start at 3PM local time.
Now the Ferrari part can be easily taken over into a virtual version, just with stock 458 Italias instead of Challenge EVO race cars.
And since Forza 6 doesn't feature LMP3 cars but just added a new little GT car yesterday I came to this schedule:

• 8PM GMT - Ferrari 458 Italia spec race - 45 minutes (10 laps)
  • 9:30 PM GMT (or at 8/9 PM) - Ford #66 Ford GT spec race - 1 hour (15 laps)

Both races will have a one lap qualification session (actually 2 laps - in lap --> hot lap --> end) with Damage set to Fuel and Tire wear only (except I find out that both need a pit stop after one lap already - which is pretty unlikely Wink ).

So...if you're interested, feel free to sign up for both or only one of the races. That's up to you Smile
Also feel free to put a vinyl wrap around your car. As long as it shows advertisement for alcohol and/or tobacco or shows partial/full nudity, it's fine by me. Uhh...wait...doesn't show...DOESN'T SHOW any of the above mentioned.

These races are only just for fun (and to get properly behind the wheel of the new GT  :drool: ) but I'd still like to ask you to keep it as professional as possible, so that everybody has some nice and competitive racing for the time being.

Simply sign up by posting this:

Driver Number:
Gamertag:
Ferrari Challenge: YES / NO / Race only
Ford GT Spec: YES / NO / Race only
I now that we are here on TORA and I will drive properly, since bumper car racing can be played often enough in public lobbies: YES / NO

...and if you have any questions, feel free to ask them Smile

Hope to see you on Friday  Hello
-desert

Last edited by desertrainfrog on Fri 10 Jun 2016 - 14:38; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : Cancelled the Ferrari Challenge)

desertrainfrog

TORA Race Number : 512
PC Playstation 4

Number of posts : 407
Registration date : 2014-05-02

Back to top Go down

TEC 24h of LeMans Support Races (hosted by CRA) Empty Re: TEC 24h of LeMans Support Races (hosted by CRA)

Post by xebot360 Wed 8 Jun 2016 - 17:54

Not sure about the steering since most of us use Normal

xebot360

TORA Race Number : 50
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 837
Registration date : 2014-03-10

https://facebook.com/FMRMotorsport

Back to top Go down

TEC 24h of LeMans Support Races (hosted by CRA) Empty Re: TEC 24h of LeMans Support Races (hosted by CRA)

Post by desertrainfrog Wed 8 Jun 2016 - 17:57

Then get used to simulation because its much bettah Wink

Alright...if somebody can only drive with normal steering, let me know in your sign up post by simply adding: "I WANT TO DRIVE WITH NORMAL STEERING".
If the majority votes for it, I'll losen that assist Smile

desertrainfrog

PC Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by xebot360 Wed 8 Jun 2016 - 18:08

desertrainfrog wrote:Then get used to simulation because its much bettah Wink

Alright...if somebody can only drive with normal steering, let me know in your sign up post by simply adding: "I WANT TO DRIVE WITH NORMAL STEERING".
If the majority votes for it, I'll losen that assist Smile

I used to drive with simulation but I got too annoyed with it XD

xebot360

TORA Race Number : 50
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 837
Registration date : 2014-03-10

https://facebook.com/FMRMotorsport

Back to top Go down

Post by desertrainfrog Wed 8 Jun 2016 - 18:31

I don't judge you ^^
As long as you have fun with the game, everything's fine Smile

desertrainfrog

PC Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Wed 8 Jun 2016 - 23:23

The TORA V8s start at 10 and it's at Le Mans Bugatti, so as long as you don't steal my drivers, good luck! Wink
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

TORA Race Number : 31
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7110
Registration date : 2011-12-02

https://www.facebook.com/NSR.Esports1

Back to top Go down

Post by desertrainfrog Thu 9 Jun 2016 - 8:37

UPDATE:
Made some test runs with both cars (5 laps with each car on the 24h-layout) yesterday evening.

The Ferrari needs a refuel every 6 to 7 laps (was slightly below 20% when crossing the line) and it took me about 24 minutes for the five laps (including multiple spin outs).
So when taking one pit stop into account the 45 minute mark should have been reached after 10 laps.

The Ford...is freaking awesome! The sound of the street car version combined with a nice turbo sound in the background :drool:
One flying lap in this one takes about 4 minutes (PB 4:03:2xx), and fuel consumption is at about 7 to 8 laps (maybe nine when being in ECO mode Wink ). I unfortunately had to to pit after 2 laps because I blew the engine with an accidental press of the menu button while speeding down the Mulsanne straight and having first gear preselected when leaving the menu screen again Embarassed , so I couldn't check the real consumption after 5 five laps.
The 1 hour mark should have been reached when being in the 15th lap so the duration of that race will be (who could've guessed it) 15 laps.

Even with the Ford's fuel consumption being not very precise I'd say that both races should be doable with one pit stop.
But I'm not going to set any mandatory pit stops in the lobby.

@Erebus: We will see Wink

desertrainfrog

PC Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by RW26 BLAZE Thu 9 Jun 2016 - 22:43

Driver Number: 515
Gamertag:RW26 BLAZE
Ferrari Challenge: NO
Ford GT Spec: Race only
I now that we are here on TORA and I will drive properly, since bumper car racing can be played often enough in public lobbies: YES

RW26 BLAZE
RW26 BLAZE

TORA Race Number : 515
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2012-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by desertrainfrog Fri 10 Jun 2016 - 8:46

Cool, the first sign up...fingers crossed that there are more to come Smile

desertrainfrog

PC Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by desertrainfrog Fri 10 Jun 2016 - 14:30

Due to the lack of sign ups I will put the Ferrari challenge out of the schedule and the Ford Spec Race will already start at 8PM BST.

If this is too early for you, BLAZE, let me know and I will keep it in the original time slot or start it at 9PM instead. Depends on you Wink

desertrainfrog

PC Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by desertrainfrog Fri 10 Jun 2016 - 20:05

Oh well, expected a few more to come but must've been some bad timing by me ^^'

I'll wait until the original start time of the GT spec race but when we stay at a number of 2 people driving I will cancel the race...sorry. I'm online and open to any last minute joiners. Just send me a message over XBL.

@BLAZE: We can have a little one on one race if you want, but not for a race length of a full hour. Hope you understand that Very Happy

desertrainfrog

PC Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by RW26 BLAZE Fri 10 Jun 2016 - 20:46

Sorry bout the late reply.....I only got in from work and I'm having dinner atm
RW26 BLAZE
RW26 BLAZE

TORA Race Number : 515
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2012-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by desertrainfrog Fri 10 Jun 2016 - 21:33

no problem...we can have a little race in the early afternoon tomorrow, before the endurance starts, if you want. Then at least a few more of CRA might join Wink

desertrainfrog

PC Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSCOEpCOTRAIN Fri 10 Jun 2016 - 23:24

desertrainfrog wrote:I don't judge you ^^
As long as you have fun with the game, everything's fine Smile
...if you run tc you have no room to judge normal steering...just saying Rolling Eyes
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

TORA Race Number : 33
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1447
Registration date : 2012-11-17

http://neinshiza.net84.net  neinshiza.the-talk.net

Back to top Go down

Post by desertrainfrog Sat 11 Jun 2016 - 10:00

I don't run any assists no matter what car. The only setting I change is my shifting depending on the car I'm currently driving (with or without clutch).

Just wanted to offer TCS since both cars are powerful RWD cars and not everyone can handle these car's behavior without TCS and everyone should have had a chance to take part. ^^

desertrainfrog

PC Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down