TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Round 1 Thoughts & Thanks EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Round 1 Thoughts & Thanks EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Round 1 Thoughts & Thanks EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Round 1 Thoughts & Thanks EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Round 1 Thoughts & Thanks EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Round 1 Thoughts & Thanks EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Round 1 Thoughts & Thanks EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Round 1 Thoughts & Thanks EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Round 1 Thoughts & Thanks EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Round 1 Thoughts & Thanks

+11
LZR ForceOne
LMP Riptide
HCR Motorhead
truthBOMB
LZR Harmonic
Nick Totten
Diablo 29x
transfix
Zedeeyen
Ax4x Mikey J
Cpt Smooth 87
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Round 1 Thoughts & Thanks Empty Round 1 Thoughts & Thanks

Post by Cpt Smooth 87 Sat 8 Jul 2017 - 20:22

It's been since Forza 3 since I've messed with gaming last. Because of the WFG series, I bought an XBOne & Forza 6 just over a week ago, registered with TORA, the series, and tried to get back up to speed - well, at least fast enough to qualify for Daytona.

I failed to qualify yesterday, bummer. I was a freaking fish out of water; ha ha! In hindsight I probably should have joined some races on Live before qualifying began as even the Live interface is totally different than years ago. I found that out trying to get into my qual group. I spent my warmup lap trying to fix my view because (for some reason) the multiplayer view doesn't default to your single player view; weird. Then I tossed the car into the tire wall in the bus-stop on my first flying lap and had to pit for repairs. Ha ha... Anyway, it has been good fun and I'm looking forward to Sebring.

I don't understand how you guys are able to cut the times your setting. It's freaking amazing. I wish there was a way to see your laps. Back in Forza 3 you used to be able to download ghosts, but I haven't seen that option in F6. I'm not sure where 3 seconds is going to come from; man!!!

Lastly, thanks to the guys putting TORA and the WFG series together! Back in F3 days there weren't any organizers/organizations like this, at least on Live. Scrolling through these forums and seeing the different series available is really cool, and that you guys volunteer your time to put it together is awesome. It is definitely going to be fun trying to find the speed and having all these different organized series to race in is killer. THANK YOU for doing this!!!

Hit me up on Live at "Cpt Smooth 87" if you want to run some WFG practice sometime. I've got LOTS to learn!

Cpt Smooth 87

TORA Race Number : 287
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2017-07-05

Back to top Go down

Round 1 Thoughts & Thanks Empty Re: Round 1 Thoughts & Thanks

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Sat 8 Jul 2017 - 20:48

Best way to gain experience is by racing here. My advice is entering and racing in any of our regular series. You'd be surprised how much you learn in them.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedeeyen Sun 9 Jul 2017 - 17:47

There are some ghosts available, but you'll have to search for them. Go into Rivals, S Class, Daytona, and look at the boards, between 1.46 and 1.48. You're looking for McLaren 570s times where the PI is listed as 765. If you find one of those, and there are loads, chances are it's a qualifying or practice time for WFG.

Even better, if your best S Class time on that track is in this car, you can press X a couple of times to sort the board By Division, which narrows it down even further. And, if you know someone's gamertag and add them as a friend you can find them instantly by looking at your friends board (though if their fastest S Class time is in something else, their 570s time won't show). I have a 47.6 up there, which isn't the fastest but is a fair bit faster than you by the sound of it. Feel free to add me.

Once you find a time, click on it and either Set As Rival so that you can chase it, or View Replay if you just want to watch it.

Zedeeyen

TORA Race Number : 191
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2016-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by transfix Mon 10 Jul 2017 - 15:37

Been thinking about this over the weekend. How many registered players are using a wheel vs controller? I think for a competition like this using a wheel should be a mandatory requirement. It is two very different worlds using a controller vs wheel. If not mandatory than at least having two different quali's.
transfix
transfix

TORA Race Number : 96
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2017-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Diablo 29x Mon 10 Jul 2017 - 15:51

The vast, vast majority of those who play Forza use a controller instead of a wheel. There is an RFactor (PC game) competition that is similar to this event, in that the winner gets a finalist spot in the WFG. They use wheels nearly exclusively on that, so, that aspect is covered.

Though it'd make sense to be on a wheel, as an organizer, I couldn't enforce that, and it was not mandated to use a wheel/pedal setup, so, it's the choice of the driver.

Diablo 29x

TORA Race Number : 29
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3628
Registration date : 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by transfix Mon 10 Jul 2017 - 17:03

I just think if you're vying for a job at Mclaren using a wheel would make sense since real cars are not controlled by an Xbox controller LOL. Oh well it is what it is.
transfix
transfix

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Cpt Smooth 87 Mon 10 Jul 2017 - 17:27

Thanks for the info guys!

Zedeeyen I downloaded your Sebring ghost and have been chasing it around. I've moved on from Daytona since I didn't qualify. It helps to see driving styles and where/how I'm loosing time.

Question: are there settings anywhere to calibrate controllers? I don't remember this being a thing on the 360, so I'm imagining not - but there seems to be some inconsistency that could be me but makes me wonder anyway.

Another item: brakes. It's amazing that most seem to run 100% brake pressure and many without ABS. THAT must require a really light touch on the trigger!

Cpt Smooth 87

TORA Race Number : 287
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2017-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Totten Tue 11 Jul 2017 - 4:27

transfix wrote:Been thinking about this over the weekend. How many registered players are using a wheel vs controller? I think for a competition like this using a wheel should be a mandatory requirement. It is two very different worlds using a controller vs wheel. If not mandatory than at least having two different quali's.

As someone who uses a wheel, i couldn't agree more.
Nick Totten
Nick Totten

TORA Race Number : 527
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2016-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by LZR Harmonic Tue 11 Jul 2017 - 22:32

It's somewhat pointless to demand a wheel-only competition on a non-sim game... lol
LZR Harmonic
LZR Harmonic

TORA Race Number : 273
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 1119
Registration date : 2013-02-10

Back to top Go down

Round 1 Thoughts & Thanks Empty Worlds fastest TUNER, Not Gamer!

Post by truthBOMB Wed 12 Jul 2017 - 7:56

This series is not about the fastest drivers but about teams tuning their 570 and having an unfair advantage. Everybody knows the racing line. If McLaren wanted the fastest gamer than tuning would not be allowed, this would prove 100% who the best driver is. This competition is catering to teams and some individuals that are not superior drivers but tuners! Tuning proves that you know how to manipulate a computer to make you faster, which is unfair advantage.

truthBOMB

Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2017-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Motorhead Wed 12 Jul 2017 - 8:30

You can't really moderate wheel users and pad users on this game. There are some smooth as hell pad users. I try but obviously there are limits.

Also, McLaren themselves say that drivers with knowledge on engineering help a lot more because they understand more about how things work. Forza's tuning is not the be all and end all by any means but it goes well enough.

It doesn't matter what limitations you put on the cars, the best drivers will always rise to the top. It happens with assists and it happens with tuning. Fast guys are fast and you see the same names at the top more often who are there on pure merit. That's how it goes.
HCR Motorhead
HCR Motorhead

TORA Race Number : 4
PC Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2012-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Diablo 29x Wed 12 Jul 2017 - 12:34

TruthBomB wrote:This series is not about the fastest drivers but about teams tuning their 570 and having an unfair advantage. Everybody knows the racing line. If McLaren wanted the fastest gamer than tuning would not be allowed, this would prove 100% who the best driver is. This competition is catering to teams and some individuals that are not superior drivers but tuners! Tuning proves that you know how to manipulate a computer to make you faster, which is unfair advantage.

That's not true in the slightest.

First off, the guy who won both races in Lobby A last night? He has had a tune shared for at least a week and a half. It wasn't perfect but it was at least a decent starting point if you were completely unable to tune.
Second, everyone has the same opportunity to tune their car. You don't see IMSA or WEC forcing engineers to not tune their cars.
Finally, it doesn't matter what rules are applied to a series, the finishing order of the grid is hardly going to change. The same people are going to win. Just take a look at the ForzaRC events- Lightning won the New York Invitational, and got 3rd at the Season 3 Finals. Asix was 2nd in New York... Most of the drivers in Lobby A had all just been to Le Mans for the ForzaRC Season 3 Finals where the racing line was forced off and stock-tuned cars were used exclusively.

Be Humble; Sit Down.

Diablo 29x

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by LMP Riptide Wed 12 Jul 2017 - 13:33

TruthBomB wrote:This series is not about the fastest drivers but about teams tuning their 570 and having an unfair advantage. Everybody knows the racing line. If McLaren wanted the fastest gamer than tuning would not be allowed, this would prove 100% who the best driver is. This competition is catering to teams and some individuals that are not superior drivers but tuners! Tuning proves that you know how to manipulate a computer to make you faster, which is unfair advantage.

So start tuning !! - like the saying goes - "if you can't beat them, join them"
LMP Riptide
LMP Riptide

TORA Race Number : 653
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2014-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by LZR ForceOne Wed 12 Jul 2017 - 15:54

There's totally wasn't a Forza Racing Championship just a month ago which featured stock cars and no tuning. Guess what, the same drivers were at the front.

No matter what you throw into a competition the same names will always perform. People may want to make excuses, but that doesn't change the fact that the guys at the top are there because they're good...

LZR ForceOne

Xbox 360 Playstation 4

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2016-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post by transfix Wed 12 Jul 2017 - 17:14

Regardless of Forza not being a sim (which in fact they should have went with Project Cars based on what this competition is all about) Tuning is completely fine but I just cant see how you can justify having solid and effective feedback to a company like Mclaren using an Xbox controller. It has nothing to do with what is actually happening in the car and on track. A wheel at least gives you a much closer and better idea of what is going on. Professional drivers never use controllers in a simulator. These competitions along with eSports need to start separating full sim and controller categories.
transfix
transfix

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Diablo 29x Wed 12 Jul 2017 - 18:40

transfix wrote:Regardless of Forza not being a sim (which in fact they should have went with Project Cars based on what this competition is all about) Tuning is completely fine but I just cant see how you can justify having solid and effective feedback to a company like Mclaren using an Xbox controller. It has nothing to do with what is actually happening in the car and on track. A wheel at least gives you a much closer and better idea of what is going on. Professional drivers never use controllers in a simulator. These competitions along with eSports need to start separating full sim and controller categories.

You realize that they are multiple "qualifying events" for WFG right? This is not the only one. There's a mobile platform... and that was by design from McLaren... you'll have to take it up with them.

Diablo 29x

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by PTG Onyx Fri 14 Jul 2017 - 14:39

I'm curious,are the RL race cars not tuned?,they dont drive stock cars right?,they are tuned,so the whole argument of fastest tuner is just stupid, RL race cars,wait for it...are tuned as well Ooooooo snap,here's some advice get good,dont [Censored],as far as wheel lmao dont matter the same people will be at the top regardless of wheel or pad,
I'm not even in this comp but some of the comments smh makes me wonder if they even know what racing, engineering,mechanics,crew chiefs,car chiefs,pit crew is
Excellent watching the best of the best out there battling you guys put on a show like none other
PTG Onyx
PTG Onyx

TORA Race Number : 267
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2016-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Tcat981 Wed 19 Jul 2017 - 15:02

Tuning is ALLOWED in this series?? I thought it was forbidden!!

Tcat981

Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2017-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post by LZR Harmonic Wed 19 Jul 2017 - 18:31

Tcat981 wrote:Tuning is ALLOWED in this series??  I thought it was forbidden!!

And I thought "Force Stock Upgrades and Tuning: NO" under the "OVERRIDES" section of the rules was clear... I guess not?
LZR Harmonic
LZR Harmonic

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Tcat981 Wed 19 Jul 2017 - 22:59

I thought it was clear also - tunes are not allowed. But there were a few guys after the Daytona race talking about the tunes on their cars. That and the discussion above led me to believe that some tuning did go on? If so.. this is all screwed up.
Thnx!
T

Tcat981

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Tcat981 Wed 19 Jul 2017 - 23:13

PLease someone give a clear "Yes" or "No" as to whether or not tuning the 570S is allowed.

Thanks!

Tcat981

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by LZR Harmonic Thu 20 Jul 2017 - 0:48

Tcat981 wrote:I thought it was clear also - tunes are not allowed. But there were a few guys after the Daytona race talking about the tunes on their cars. That and the discussion above led me to believe that some tuning did go on?  If so.. this is all screwed up.
Thnx!
T

I was being sarcastic... Tuning has been allowed the whole time. I quoted that from the rules - it seems you would benefit from reading them sometime.
LZR Harmonic
LZR Harmonic

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Diablo 29x Thu 20 Jul 2017 - 2:36

Tuning has been allowed the whole time. Where you got the idea that tuning wasn't allowed is beyond me.

Happy tuning.

Diablo 29x

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Thu 20 Jul 2017 - 15:51

Given the nature of the role potentially at the end of this entire process tuning/set up knowledge is invaluable.
It's one thing to be fast over a lap (or series of laps) as many of the guys here are but if you don't fully understand technically what is happening to your car how do you expect to explain this to your engineer and improve the car?
Communication and understanding your car is vital. The reason the same group of guys are at the top a lot of the time is because they have this system in place within their teams and that mirrors reality.
As for the wheel/pad battle? That's a whole different can of worms I'm simply not getting into! As other posts have mentioned there are other qualifying rounds on other formats that will be very wheel focused but equally so, who drives their car with a mobile phone?
Matt
Matt

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14648
Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tcat981 Fri 21 Jul 2017 - 20:43

OK I've read the rules several times. Don't assume that I haven't - you can assume I don't understand them though! I am new to Forza and I guess I don't understand the "lingo" that you guys all get. I interpreted "Force Stock Upgrades and Tuning: NO" to mean tuning was not allowed. That and the fact that all the cars had the same PI. Huge difference between the cars tuned as usual. No wonder I sucked in the qual session with the "stock" settings.

Tcat981

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next