TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Spec Race Series? EmptyYesterday at 4:36 by Samcole1234

» New to League Racing!
Spec Race Series? EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Spec Race Series? EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Spec Race Series? EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Spec Race Series? EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Spec Race Series? EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Spec Race Series? EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Spec Race Series? EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Registration
Spec Race Series? EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:44 by zrolizac

Facebook

Spec Race Series?

+7
BOBOTHECLOWN340
AManWithNoName
Springaahhh
Ax4x Mikey J
Diablo 29x
STR stug77
XUnknownHitmanX
11 posters

Go down

Spec Race Series? Empty Spec Race Series?

Post by XUnknownHitmanX Thu 21 Sep 2017 - 19:03

So, me and a few friends recently joined TORA and competed in our first series (STCS). While we weren't too competitive, we had fun and it was nice to finally experience some clean racing online. Since that ended we entered in the Trans Am series. After the first race, a couple of my friends are considering leaving the league entirely as the results of the race shows us to be even less competitive than before. We all love racing, but unfortunately we are not that skilled or knowledgeable when it comes to tuning cars, which makes quite a difference. So i'd like to know if there is any chance that the powers that be, would put together a Spec Race Series?  Essentially making it an even playing field and it only coming down to pure driving skill.  Thoughts anyone?

Last edited by XUnknownHitmanX on Thu 21 Sep 2017 - 20:21; edited 1 time in total
XUnknownHitmanX
XUnknownHitmanX

TORA Race Number : 750
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2017-07-14

Back to top Go down

Spec Race Series? Empty Re: Spec Race Series?

Post by STR stug77 Thu 21 Sep 2017 - 20:06

I think this would be a good idea and has worked on another forum I've been involved in.
They have run the clios and the bac mono as a spec series with set tune

STR stug77

TORA Race Number : 77
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2013-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Diablo 29x Thu 21 Sep 2017 - 21:16

There should be a Spec series announced soon, more on that later..

Sole Owner of the Meme Cannon™️

Spec Race Series? Rib110
Spec Race Series? Acco11
2021 TEC 24 Rennen in der Grunen Holle - SP-T Class Champion (Ryzeing Light Racing)
2021 WeePrix NA: Champion
2022 TEC 24 Heures du Mulsanne - Overall/P1 Class Champion (ESV Floppa)
2023 Porsche SuperCup NA: 3rd Overall
2023 Ferrari Challenge NA: 1st Overall

Diablo 29x

TORA Race Number : 29
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3628
Registration date : 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by STR stug77 Thu 21 Sep 2017 - 21:21

F4H Diablo wrote:There should be a Spec series announced soon, more on that later..

That's excellent

STR stug77

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Thu 21 Sep 2017 - 23:04

Actually, multiple spec series are planned using various paced cars for different skill levels.

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Springaahhh Fri 22 Sep 2017 - 0:55

On Forza Motorsport 6, I hosted what was basically a spec series over on the Seasoned Gamers site, using the Formula Mazda racer. No upgrades were allowed to the car, basically you could only tune the car with what you were given. I also made it mandatory that everyone raced in cockpit view as it made for some interesting racing, and the championship came down to the final race!

If possible, I would like to run the series here on TORA, but my main concerns of course would be the lack of interest in running these cars. I guess my other concern would be that people would be turned off by the rules package I used, a.k.a. no assists, mandatory pit stops, cockpit view only, etc.. In a way, it's easier to drive this car in cockpit view, and it's actually a lot of fun. All about practice, you'll get used to it in no time.

But yeah, if anyone is interested in running this as a spec series, and if people would like to help run the series, I'm open for anything. Simply shoot me a message on here or on Xbox LIVE. Also if anyone is interested in seeing what the racing looked like, here's a video from the 3rd race of the season when we ran at Brands Hatch - GP Circuit:

Springaahhh
Springaahhh

TORA Race Number : 91
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2017-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Fri 22 Sep 2017 - 4:26

I've thought the exact same thing Springahhh

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by AManWithNoName Fri 22 Sep 2017 - 12:24

I'm definitely down for a spec series. Keep it simple tuning as well, IP's should be about it! As far as assists, or views, I think that should still be up to the operator themselves. I can see how it would make it interesting though. Multiple SPEC leagues would be the best, to give people options.
AManWithNoName
AManWithNoName

TORA Race Number : 840
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2017-07-10

http://www.trcpg.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Diablo 29x Fri 22 Sep 2017 - 15:27

Formula Mazda's weren't done here iirc because they were DLC, and that tends to shoo people away. Spec is great for beginners and veterans alike.

TBH if I were to run a new series that was spec, I wish they had more British roadsters. FM4 had the TR3B, and that was a blast to bomb around in.

Sole Owner of the Meme Cannon™️

Spec Race Series? Rib110
Spec Race Series? Acco11
2021 TEC 24 Rennen in der Grunen Holle - SP-T Class Champion (Ryzeing Light Racing)
2021 WeePrix NA: Champion
2022 TEC 24 Heures du Mulsanne - Overall/P1 Class Champion (ESV Floppa)
2023 Porsche SuperCup NA: 3rd Overall
2023 Ferrari Challenge NA: 1st Overall

Diablo 29x

TORA Race Number : 29
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3628
Registration date : 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by XUnknownHitmanX Fri 22 Sep 2017 - 16:35

It's awesome to know there are some spec series on the horizon and I'll be looking forward to them! In regards to Springaahhh's post... it seems like a cool series, but as I stated in my original post, I'm not great at tuning and I'm sure there are others who struggle as well. I think set tunes would be best, or as AManWithNoName said "simple tuning".
XUnknownHitmanX
XUnknownHitmanX

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Fri 22 Sep 2017 - 17:40

I'll go ahead and let one cat out of the bag, seeing as it's just a couple weeks away... on Wednesday, October 4, we have plans for a FM7 "Release Party" of sorts.

There will be an evening of TORA hosted "Cycled Production" races in which the winner gets to choose the track (within reason), last place finisher picks the car (within reason) and the lobby host chooses the time/weather conditions and lap count. In these races, there will be no upgrades or tuning and "most" assists will be available.

Things will kick off for the EU session at 8PM in Britain and for the US session at 9PM Eastern.

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBOTHECLOWN340 Fri 22 Sep 2017 - 18:57

I've got an idea for a Honda series at 650pi all the fwd hondas the only problem is with the oldest civic hatchback is that you have to turbo it and then it barely makes the same time as the others so I might not include that one. But I think this could be a good spec series
BOBOTHECLOWN340
BOBOTHECLOWN340

TORA Race Number : 950
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2016-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Fri 22 Sep 2017 - 19:30

BOBOTHECLOWN340 wrote:I've got an idea for a Honda series at 650pi all the fwd hondas the only problem is with the oldest civic hatchback is that you have to turbo it and then it barely makes the same time as the others so I might not include that one. But I think this could be a good spec series

That might work, but isn't the sort of "Spec Series" that the thread was discussing.

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by XUnknownHitmanX Fri 22 Sep 2017 - 21:09

Flyin Mikey J wrote:I'll go ahead and let one cat out of the bag, seeing as it's just a couple weeks away... on Wednesday, October 4, we have plans for a FM7 "Release Party" of sorts.

There will be an evening of TORA hosted "Cycled Production" races in which the winner gets to choose the track (within reason), last place finisher picks the car (within reason) and the lobby host chooses the time/weather conditions and lap count. In these races, there will be no upgrades or tuning and "most" assists will be available.

Things will kick off for the EU session at 8PM in Britain and for the US session at 9PM Eastern.

So could we run this same type of series for Forza 6? It looks like it would be a blast.
XUnknownHitmanX
XUnknownHitmanX

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Springaahhh Fri 22 Sep 2017 - 22:20

F4H Diablo wrote:Formula Mazda's weren't done here iirc because they were DLC, and that tends to shoo people away. Spec is great for beginners and veterans alike.

You are correct, it was a DLC car (that "Red Polo" DLC or whatever). I know over at SG, there were some guys who didn't get the DLC because either a) they didn't want it or b) couldn't afford it. Usually if it was because they couldn't buy it, we chipped in and made sure they were able to download it. At least for FM7, the car will already be included and the whole DLC aspect won't scare people away.

XUnknownHitmanX wrote:In regards to Springaahhh's post... it seems like a cool series, but as I stated in my original post, I'm not great at tuning and I'm sure there are others who struggle as well. I think set tunes would be best, or as AManWithNoName said "simple tuning".

To be honest with you man, I'm not the most proficient tuner myself, but these cars are fairly easy to grasp from a tuning standpoint. Doesn't take much to set them up correctly, but if you ever needed some pointers, I'd gladly help out. Also there are tuning apps you can get on your phone, which help a little (look up "ForzaTune"). I know when I raced in the series I used the same tune for every race while many drivers would create track-specific tunes, and while I didn't win a race, I always managed to keep it on track and come home in the Top-10 every race.

Like I said earlier, if anyone wants to discuss the possibility of running the Formula Mazda in a spec series here, I'm open to suggestions on how to make it a well-oiled machine and a fun, competitive series for all.
Springaahhh
Springaahhh

TORA Race Number : 91
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2017-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by RW26 BLAZE Fri 22 Sep 2017 - 23:14

Flyin Mikey J wrote:I'll go ahead and let one cat out of the bag, seeing as it's just a couple weeks away... on Wednesday, October 4, we have plans for a FM7 "Release Party" of sorts.

sounds like fun
RW26 BLAZE
RW26 BLAZE

TORA Race Number : 515
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2012-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by MID LAND ZETA Sat 23 Sep 2017 - 1:09

Renault RS.17 spec race on fm7 needs to happen
MID LAND ZETA
MID LAND ZETA

TORA Race Number : 639
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 587
Registration date : 2013-04-11

https://mlzdesigns.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Motorhead Sat 23 Sep 2017 - 11:52

MID LAND ZETA wrote:Renault RS.17 spec race on fm7 needs to happen

Not with you in it lol! lol!

One C is better.

Spec Race Series? 1SYCYfDSpec Race Series? VWFRPRpSpec Race Series? KXuWtxqSpec Race Series? NmyjVoUSpec Race Series? ZxxURAMSpec Race Series? JgDewLgSpec Race Series? WLxDUZYSpec Race Series? 5nPqOwASpec Race Series? K91JzVYSpec Race Series? 70LXLscSpec Race Series? ZZnXNxnSpec Race Series? JUwEMx8Spec Race Series? PZtkh8X
HCR Motorhead
HCR Motorhead

TORA Race Number : 4
PC Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2012-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBOTHECLOWN340 Sun 24 Sep 2017 - 1:03

I totally agree with you its just an idea I had.

Flyin Mikey J wrote:
BOBOTHECLOWN340 wrote:I've got an idea for a Honda series at 650pi all the fwd hondas the only problem is with the oldest civic hatchback is that you have to turbo it and then it barely makes the same time as the others so I might not include that one. But I think this could be a good spec series

That might work, but isn't the sort of "Spec Series" that the thread was discussing.
BOBOTHECLOWN340
BOBOTHECLOWN340

TORA Race Number : 950
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2016-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Freheliaz Sun 24 Sep 2017 - 20:20

Something like the Community Poll Championship. In which we ended up with the Radical, MX-5 and Transit Supervan.
That was an awesome series even on the Top Gear track.

Spec Race Series? SEDnkBhSpec Race Series? JUwEMx8

Achievements
1st Indy 500 Lobby C 2020
3rd British GT Independent GT4 2017
2nd Teams TCR TCC 2015
3rd TCR Firecracker '15 Le Mons Underpowered
4th Independents GT Cup 2019
5th Teams V8 Supercars 2018
4th Le Mans 2017 GT Class
5th Spa 2017 GT Class
6th ASCC Endurance Cup 2017
5th British GT Winter Independents 2016
4th Ambitious But Rubbish Championship Mazda 2016
4th TCR Suzuka 1000km 2015
6th TCR GRX and 5th in Teams 2015
First Lobby Win:
2015 TCR TCC Round 4 Lobby C
Freheliaz
Freheliaz

TORA Race Number : 26
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2014-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by STR stug77 Wed 27 Sep 2017 - 9:24

Freheliaz wrote:

Something like the Community Poll Championship. In which we ended up with the Radical, MX-5 and Transit Supervan.
That was an awesome series even on the Top Gear track.

Yeah that looked like a good series unfortunately for me it clashed with touring cars on another forum

STR stug77

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down