TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» New to League Racing!
2018 Fiat 124 Spider General Chat - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
2018 Fiat 124 Spider General Chat - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
2018 Fiat 124 Spider General Chat - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
2018 Fiat 124 Spider General Chat - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
2018 Fiat 124 Spider General Chat - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
2018 Fiat 124 Spider General Chat - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
2018 Fiat 124 Spider General Chat - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Registration
2018 Fiat 124 Spider General Chat - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:44 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Lobby Settings
2018 Fiat 124 Spider General Chat - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 0:16 by zrolizac

Facebook

2018 Fiat 124 Spider General Chat

+13
SVR Solar
SFM Darkzer
Ax4x Mikey J
APX COLONEL
SFM Benedict
HCCR Rabidus
TakedownBike976
SQD GGRacing
TRKingKoopa
Ryanvxracing
DDM DriftiN
xDEM0N L0RDx
DDM Driv3
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

2018 Fiat 124 Spider General Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: 2018 Fiat 124 Spider General Chat

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Thu 4 Oct 2018 - 16:08

HCCR COLONEL wrote:As i sit back and read the decision on the fuel mishap in round 3 i have only true facts to say...tora staff involved with that decision you need to rethink your job titles for this site as it was stated before the race that fuel was not an issue and no pits were needed. You didnt test all the scenarios as you always fail to do costing a driver who clearly had a clean race...no mishaps and would you believe it to the surprise of all the tora staff and testers who spent so much time and effort into making sure that no way could we need a pit stop with these open adjustment final gear spec cars...he ran out of fuel. Gee how hilarious. Your a joke. You test only the ways you want your cars setup. You have no imagination into thinking oh maybe someone else may run a tune setup that may use more fuel.  Whats the point of the final drive adjustment if you make us lock in to your approved setting just so we wouldnt need to pit. Lets put a quickstop in to assure no issues. Nope. Its the drivers fault for not pitting when it was said no worries we wont need to pit. Sorry to those who think outside the box when tuning. Tora staff dont care if you do. CC MSport has my respect and should get something for not making a crap show of the event being held.  Since you dont get paid to do a job i guess its what we get as racers for thinking someone would use what we call a brain and make it right for a screwup on tora staffs ignorance .

So Race 2 was a tad too long it seems. By how much? A lap or two at most?

There's a reason many series don't require pit stops right now: Cars disappear for others after pit stops. It's a FM7 day one glitch that still recurs. It's a huge pain, and is the main reason Trans Am is two sprints rather than a long feature race.

But you've gotten up on your soapbox again to draw some obviously much needed attention to yourself. Hope that rush you got carries you through the day.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

2018 Fiat 124 Spider General Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: 2018 Fiat 124 Spider General Chat

Post by SFM Darkzer Thu 4 Oct 2018 - 16:27

HCCR COLONEL wrote:As i sit back and read the decision on the fuel mishap in round 3 i have only true facts to say...tora staff involved with that decision you need to rethink your job titles for this site as it was stated before the race that fuel was not an issue and no pits were needed. You didnt test all the scenarios as you always fail to do costing a driver who clearly had a clean race...no mishaps and would you believe it to the surprise of all the tora staff and testers who spent so much time and effort into making sure that no way could we need a pit stop with these open adjustment final gear spec cars...he ran out of fuel. Gee how hilarious. Your a joke. You test only the ways you want your cars setup. You have no imagination into thinking oh maybe someone else may run a tune setup that may use more fuel.  Whats the point of the final drive adjustment if you make us lock in to your approved setting just so we wouldnt need to pit. Lets put a quickstop in to assure no issues. Nope. Its the drivers fault for not pitting when it was said no worries we wont need to pit. Sorry to those who think outside the box when tuning. Tora staff dont care if you do. CC MSport has my respect and should get something for not making a crap show of the event being held.  Since you dont get paid to do a job i guess its what we get as racers for thinking someone would use what we call a brain and make it right for a screwup on tora staffs ignorance .

Hi Colonel, let me try to answer this for you.

In a series with multiple cars, staff determine the minimum pit stop requirement based on the car that is least fuel efficient. In a spec series like this one, the pit stop requirement (or lack thereof) is based on the fuel tank size of the car being raced. Some series, like Spec Cup, are structured such that you use most of or all of the fuel in the car over a stint/race. It is each driver's responsibility to make sure they have enough fuel in the car to complete the race within the required stops.

Now, I have personally gotten it wrong and run out of gas before! Sometimes you take a calculated risk with a tune, or forget to ride the clutch on the outlap, or whatever else, and it doesn't work. That's not the fault of staff, and sometimes it's just a simple miscalculation from the driver.

As Mikey has said, there is a persistent issue with cars turning invisible with the use of quickstops, and sometimes without! This puts us in a tricky spot, since including a quickstop instantly takes the fuel math out of the driver's hands, but increases the chance that the whole race will "go to heck in a hand basket" because of invisible cars. I should also point out the pits were open in Spec if someone really wanted to pit.

Granted, I was not present last night so I don't know what specifically was said with regard to one driver running out of gas, but when we say "you won't need to pit", it generally can be interpreted as "if you did a full fuel run and your car is set up properly to the race distance, you won't need to pit." That's not meant as a dig to anyone, just if you know the race distance, you can make your car complete the distance on a single stop, since these race lengths are calculated based on a full tank, including the out lap.

It is a little bit absurd to expect us to test the full extremes of tuning for a spec series. Just because you can tune a car a certain way doesn't mean it will be viable for a given round.

So kudos to MSport for trying something different, but unfortunately it wasn't a good match for this round.
SFM Darkzer
SFM Darkzer

TORA Race Number : 923
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 6463
Registration date : 2016-10-15

https://www.reddit.com/user/Sindroome24

Back to top Go down

Post by SQD GGRacing Thu 4 Oct 2018 - 16:42

Also, have gear changes vs stock gears. I was drafting Mead & I knew I was gonna be out of fuel but I didn't know when. When I heard MSport was out of fuel, I knew mine gonna be out in next lap. But... MSport had no draft, I had draft & battling Mead.
SQD GGRacing
SQD GGRacing

TORA Race Number : 367
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2016-10-18

https://www.squadios.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar Thu 4 Oct 2018 - 17:07

CC GGRacing wrote:Also, have gear changes vs stock gears. I was drafting Mead & I knew I was gonna be out of fuel but I didn't know when. When I heard MSport was out of fuel, I knew mine gonna be out in next lap. But... MSport had no draft, I had draft & battling Mead.

im sorry that Msport ran out of fuel, but i don't see how that is MrDriv3's fault everyone else bar him was able to make it to the end, with Draft or Not, stuff like this happens, use it as a learning experience, Test with Sim or Fuel and Tyres and you'll be able to Sort out any of these issues for the future Smile
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

TORA Race Number : 202
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2014-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by SQD GGRacing Thu 4 Oct 2018 - 19:23

SVR Solar wrote:
CC GGRacing wrote:Also, have gear changes vs stock gears. I was drafting Mead & I knew I was gonna be out of fuel but I didn't know when. When I heard MSport was out of fuel, I knew mine gonna be out in next lap. But... MSport had no draft, I had draft & battling Mead.

I'm sorry that Msport ran out of fuel, but I don't see how that is MrDriv3's fault everyone else bar him was able to make it to the end, with Draft or Not, stuff like this happens, use it as a learning experience, Test with Sim or Fuel and Tyres and you'll be able to Sort out any of these issues for the future Smile
Yeah, I understand man. He is very new to TORA & he just confuses sometimes. Plus, we been using same tune since Round 1
SQD GGRacing
SQD GGRacing

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by APX COLONEL Thu 4 Oct 2018 - 20:18

As always the red names come to the rescue to come up with a load of horse crap to make things all better. Delete my name from this peice of crap site you call a racing site. Blow your smoke up someone elses butts from now on. And mikey i do feel good so suck a big fat one
APX COLONEL
APX COLONEL

TORA Race Number : 281
Xbox 360 Xbox 360

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2015-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Diablo 29x Fri 5 Oct 2018 - 14:18

So it's the responsibility of the Staff to test the car for the drivers and make sure it doesn't run out of gas, not the responsibility of the driver to test the car for fuel mileage, adjust driving style/tune as required, or simply read their fuel gauge...

Gee, that's sounds smart. You should write a book of "Colonel's Smart Ideas", and fill it with more smart ideas just like this one. I'll buy a copy and put it on my shelf with other smart things. It'll complete the shelf. I'll rename it the "Smart Shrine". It'll be great. And smart.

Diablo 29x

TORA Race Number : 29
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3628
Registration date : 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by SQD GGRacing Fri 5 Oct 2018 - 19:37

F4H Diablo wrote:
HCCR COLONEL wrote:As I sit back and read the decision on the fuel mishap in round 3 I have only true facts to say...Tora staff involved with that decision you need to rethink your job titles for this site as it was stated before the race that fuel was not an issue and no pits were needed. You didn't test all the scenarios as you always fail to do costing a driver who clearly had a clean race...no mishaps and would you believe it to the surprise of all the Tora staff and testers who spent so much time and effort into making sure that no way could we need a pit stop with these open adjustment final gear spec cars...he ran out of fuel. Gee how hilarious. You're a joke. You test only the ways you want your cars setup. You have no imagination into thinking oh maybe someone else may run a tune setup that may use more fuel.  What's the point of the final drive adjustment if you make us lock into your approved setting just so we wouldn't need to pit. Lets put a quick stop in to assure no issues. Nope. Its the driver's fault for not pitting when it was said no worries we won't need to pit. Sorry to those who think outside the box when tuning. Tora staff don't care if you do. CC MSport has my respect and should get something for not making a crap show of the event being held.  Since you don't get paid to do a job I guess its what we get as racers for thinking someone would use what we call a brain and make it right for a screw-up on Tora staffs ignorance.

So it's the responsibility of the Staff to test the car for the drivers and make sure it doesn't run out of gas, not the responsibility of the driver to test the car for fuel mileage, adjust driving style/tune as required, or simply read their fuel gauge...

Gee, that's sounds smart. You should write a book of "Colonel's Smart Ideas", and fill it with more smart ideas just like this one. I'll buy a copy and put it on my shelf with other smart things. It'll complete the shelf. I'll rename it the "Smart Shrine". It'll be great. And smart.

Clearly, me & MSport been using the same tune as Round 1 & I did that much laps to test it out. I haven't run out of gas when I was practicing so idk it was a glitch of gas or what is happening.
SQD GGRacing
SQD GGRacing

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by APX COLONEL Mon 8 Oct 2018 - 0:37

F4H Diablo wrote:

oh hi diablo...you got a little brown stuff still left on your nose from having it so far up all of their butts so take my book you wanted to buy and wipe it off cause its causing everything coming out of your mouth to smell like your nose. Hope to hear from you soon poop nose
APX COLONEL
APX COLONEL

TORA Race Number : 281
Xbox 360 Xbox 360

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2015-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Diablo 29x Mon 8 Oct 2018 - 13:40

HCCR COLONEL wrote:
F4H Diablo wrote:

oh hi diablo...you got a little brown stuff still left on your nose from having it so far up all of their butts so take my book you wanted to buy and wipe it off cause its causing everything coming out of your mouth to smell like your nose. Hope to hear from you soon poop nose

Cheers

Last edited by F4H Diablo on Mon 8 Oct 2018 - 16:04; edited 1 time in total

Diablo 29x

TORA Race Number : 29
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3628
Registration date : 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by SFM Darkzer Mon 8 Oct 2018 - 14:41

That's enough of that.
SFM Darkzer
SFM Darkzer

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by LZR Harmonic Mon 8 Oct 2018 - 16:22

HCCR COLONEL wrote:oh hi diablo...you got a little brown stuff still left on your nose from having it so far up all of their butts so take my book you wanted to buy and wipe it off cause its causing everything coming out of your mouth to smell like your nose. Hope to hear from you soon poop nose
Yo who gave this man the dumb
LZR Harmonic
LZR Harmonic

TORA Race Number : 273
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 1119
Registration date : 2013-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by RBR Venom Mon 8 Oct 2018 - 16:52

Another day another person at Tora who has the dumb. Is anyone surprised? Probably not
RBR Venom
RBR Venom

TORA Race Number : 23
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2016-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by SFM Darkzer Mon 8 Oct 2018 - 17:24

What did I say?

Be nice, yo.
SFM Darkzer
SFM Darkzer

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by EZT MAKO 6669 Tue 9 Oct 2018 - 16:00

HCCR COLONEL wrote:As always the red names come to the rescue to come up with a load of horse crap to make things all better. Delete my name from this peice of crap site you call a racing site. Blow your smoke up someone elses butts from now on.  And mikey i do feel good so suck a big fat one

Problem solved. Wink
EZT MAKO 6669
EZT MAKO 6669

TORA Race Number : 163
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 4313
Registration date : 2014-08-05

http://www.eztmotorsport.net/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2