TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
C'mon guys, please stop the pointless bickering... EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
C'mon guys, please stop the pointless bickering... EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
C'mon guys, please stop the pointless bickering... EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
C'mon guys, please stop the pointless bickering... EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
C'mon guys, please stop the pointless bickering... EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
C'mon guys, please stop the pointless bickering... EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
C'mon guys, please stop the pointless bickering... EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
C'mon guys, please stop the pointless bickering... EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
C'mon guys, please stop the pointless bickering... EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

C'mon guys, please stop the pointless bickering...

+5
Crisis Nine
culchi
Slider S15
nickyf1
Richy59
9 posters

Go down

C'mon guys, please stop the pointless bickering... Empty C'mon guys, please stop the pointless bickering...

Post by Richy59 Fri 16 Oct 2009 - 18:26

Honestly, this is genuinely the most pointless argument I have ever witnessed on this forum. Dan, what made you think that a cheap car style endurance event was meant to be a full contact derby? Don't complain about races where you didn't have fun when others clearly did and then have a rant over it. Nicky, who cares if AJ used the gears thing to have a long boring end of the race against Chaddy...who used the exact same technique and I don't hear you complaining about that for some reason. Just cause AJ held off the longest doesn't make what he was doing against the rules. I think it was designed to be a pure simple 'see how long you can last' race and nothing serious. If it pisses everyone off so much then why don't you guys just not count it as an overall TORA Event and just a fun one? Culchi, I wouldn't go as far to say that in insubordination to be quistioning it, but its not needed.

Just chill out guys.

Last edited by Richy59 on Fri 16 Oct 2009 - 19:05; edited 1 time in total
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

C'mon guys, please stop the pointless bickering... Empty Re: C'mon guys, please stop the pointless bickering...

Post by nickyf1 Fri 16 Oct 2009 - 18:35

Yes, it may be pointless bickering, but certain members of the TORA staff think they are smarter than us, I feel insulted. I don't care what AJ does, he can cheat if he likes, but when this whole, ''im bigger than you, therfore i am right'' stuff happens it becomes something completely different.
nickyf1
nickyf1

TORA Race Number : 271
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 10770
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

C'mon guys, please stop the pointless bickering... Empty Re: C'mon guys, please stop the pointless bickering...

Post by Slider S15 Fri 16 Oct 2009 - 18:40

Kinda a counter productive thread there Richy... lol
Slider S15
Slider S15

TORA Race Number : 219
Number of posts : 3711
Registration date : 2009-01-24

https://www.facebook.com/SlidersStorefront

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Fri 16 Oct 2009 - 19:10

Look, just don't be daft about this. Ok, I get the whole "he was cheating" point fo view but then bothj him and Chaddy were cheating at the end of the race. If I read rightly everyone else left and it was just those two doing the gears thing until someone gave up. If you want to do the right thing then the results should be taken from when they started moving using the gears. Or you can just forget it and move on.

I know what your saying Nicky and that is just what will happen when the people in charge are winning the races by questionable means. But really, who cares? It was just a poxy fun race where some people had a bit of a laugh. Yes, if it was a proper championship event then this simply would not have happened and no one would have tried it.

This whole episode didn't become a rant/pointless bicker until you started going on about AJ cheating. I wouldn't get insulted by small things like this Nicky. Its very counter productive Wink
Richy59
Richy59

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by culchi Fri 16 Oct 2009 - 19:14

richy can i make this clear AJ or CHADDY DID NOT CHEAT.
the rules were very basic and open to much interpretation.

culchi

Number of posts : 1623
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Fri 16 Oct 2009 - 19:18

Ok fair enough, as I said everyone should just forget it. This is all getting pretty old and it comes around every few months or so with the same people involved on both sides...
Richy59
Richy59

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Crisis Nine Fri 16 Oct 2009 - 19:38

I agree on all counts. It wasn't cheating, and although I can understand that Dan may feel peeved as this event may not have been what he imagined when he suggested, it was exactly what I expected from reading the threads regarding it. As soon as limited damage was mentioned it was obvious that it wasn't going to be a destruction derby type race. But to say anyone cheated is a bit much. Nobody cheated and if anyone thinks AJ cheated then Chaddy, Rogue and Evothreesixty (or Streetfigher I can't remember which) cheated also but the focus is only being placed on AJ which is simply not fair. Nobody did cheat as it wasn't against the rules, there were no rules so it can't be cheating, it is simply in the spirit of the game. I personally don't use manual gears, I wouldn't have done anyway even if I knew about the trick (which I didn't), and as far as I was aware I was the ONLY person in my lobby using auto gears.

I don't see how anyone is saying anyone else is trying to say they are more intelligent or better than anyone else tho. I haven't seen any thinly veiled attacks or slight remarks either, so I can't see how that is being accused. As has been pointed out many times to you Nicky it is very obvious from your posts relating to ALL subjects that you a very clever and intelligent lad so I doubt very much that anyone, including AJ would try to carry on like they are more intelligent than you because that is simply pushing the boundaries when it is plainly obvious that you aren't dim in the slightest.

I think the slate needs to be wiped clean here and the TOPA execs given a fresh start. I know historically there have been some questionable occurences but for the past 6 months or so everything has gone very smoothly and there has been no reason at all to doubt any of the TORA team's integrity. So lets just move on, accept that maybe the race wasn't what Dan had envisaged it to be, and maybe the rules were open to interpretation, but that was the way it was and nobody questioned it prior to the event so lets just learn a lesson, forget about it and move on because everyone involved will fail to endear themselves to either side of the part if this continues and that is not what any of us wish to see.

Crisis Nine

TORA Race Number : 152
Number of posts : 2192
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Fri 16 Oct 2009 - 22:55

Crisis Nine wrote:I agree on all counts. It wasn't cheating, and although I can understand that Dan may feel peeved as this event may not have been what he imagined when he suggested, it was exactly what I expected from reading the threads regarding it. As soon as limited damage was mentioned it was obvious that it wasn't going to be a destruction derby type race. But to say anyone cheated is a bit much. Nobody cheated and if anyone thinks AJ cheated then Chaddy, Rogue and Evothreesixty (or Streetfigher I can't remember which) cheated also but the focus is only being placed on AJ which is simply not fair. Nobody did cheat as it wasn't against the rules, there were no rules so it can't be cheating, it is simply in the spirit of the game. I personally don't use manual gears, I wouldn't have done anyway even if I knew about the trick (which I didn't), and as far as I was aware I was the ONLY person in my lobby using auto gears.

I don't see how anyone is saying anyone else is trying to say they are more intelligent or better than anyone else tho. I haven't seen any thinly veiled attacks or slight remarks either, so I can't see how that is being accused. As has been pointed out many times to you Nicky it is very obvious from your posts relating to ALL subjects that you a very clever and intelligent lad so I doubt very much that anyone, including AJ would try to carry on like they are more intelligent than you because that is simply pushing the boundaries when it is plainly obvious that you aren't dim in the slightest.

I think the slate needs to be wiped clean here and the TOPA execs given a fresh start. I know historically there have been some questionable occurences but for the past 6 months or so everything has gone very smoothly and there has been no reason at all to doubt any of the TORA team's integrity. So lets just move on, accept that maybe the race wasn't what Dan had envisaged it to be, and maybe the rules were open to interpretation, but that was the way it was and nobody questioned it prior to the event so lets just learn a lesson, forget about it and move on because everyone involved will fail to endear themselves to either side of the part if this continues and that is not what any of us wish to see.

Couldnt agree more crisis.

Right guys any 1 has any more issues please let me know, thats what im here for.

Any remeber only a week till forza 3 Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy , well less than a week now lol

See u on the track (is that to corny) lol
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt JigglyMoobs Fri 16 Oct 2009 - 23:13

i cant afford forza 3, untill like the tuesday of the next week Sad but ill see you on the track then Wink (hopefully)
Sgt JigglyMoobs
Sgt JigglyMoobs

Number of posts : 504
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by racelegend MB1 Sat 17 Oct 2009 - 11:09

Sgt JigglyMoobs wrote:i cant afford forza 3, untill like the tuesday of the next week Sad but ill see you on the track then Wink (hopefully)

you know my suggestion - use it!
racelegend MB1
racelegend MB1

Number of posts : 711
Registration date : 2008-10-11

http://mbmotorsportonline.forumotion.net/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Sat 17 Oct 2009 - 16:57

can i just say i went 16 laps on fuel so i was second anyway, i only flicked the gears for 1 lap just too make sure i could get 2nd.

wen everyone ran out of fuel i was the only one running so i "won" but AJ knew the gear trick and everyone tryed it.

i only lost cause AJ's car was a lot quicker than mine using the trick.
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down