TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
BREAKING NEWS - Slider S15 Injured EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
BREAKING NEWS - Slider S15 Injured EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
BREAKING NEWS - Slider S15 Injured EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
BREAKING NEWS - Slider S15 Injured EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
BREAKING NEWS - Slider S15 Injured EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
BREAKING NEWS - Slider S15 Injured EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
BREAKING NEWS - Slider S15 Injured EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
BREAKING NEWS - Slider S15 Injured EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
BREAKING NEWS - Slider S15 Injured EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

BREAKING NEWS - Slider S15 Injured

Go down

BREAKING NEWS - Slider S15 Injured Empty BREAKING NEWS - Slider S15 Injured

Here is a brief statement from SBR:

"Slider S15 has been injured in a work related accident outside of the team and its workshops. In freak circumstances Slider's left hand became trapped under a heavy crate of Water shortly before he was due to compete in the JTRC Rally Japan.

Although luckily not broken his hand is badly swolen and bruised with movement in his fingers severely limited at the time of writing this.

It is thought that this injury will result in Slider S15 missing The JTRC Rally Japan, Le 2.4 Hours of LeMans and possibly Round 2 of the TASCAR Championship, although hopes remain he may be in condition to race for that event.

Slider is currently heavily medicated and Doctors are prescribing general rest for the injured hand and only small ammounts of movement to prevent stiffness and further pain."

Slider Added:

"Im gutted to have missed the first TORA event i have truely looked forward to for a while. (the JTRC) Im hopeing my recovery will be quicker than the doctors think but at the moment im just gutted that work has yet again got in the way of my career here at TORA."
Slider S15
Slider S15

TORA Race Number : 219
Number of posts : 3711
Registration date : 2009-01-24

https://www.facebook.com/SlidersStorefront

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

BREAKING NEWS - Slider S15 Injured :: Comments

Radiation Louis

Post Sat 19 Jun 2010 - 0:44 by Radiation Louis

hope the hand gets better bud!

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 19 Jun 2010 - 1:44 by x Gashi x

Lots of rest, elevate it, drink lots of water, don't smoke(if you do), follow any and all rehab instructions to the tee. You would be surprized about how much the doctors actually know about recovering from an injury. I usually feel that they are a bunch of crooks just taking your money, but after a major injury, when I have followed their instructions, my body has heeled fairly well.

On a similar note, enjoy the meds, don't use more than they say, and don't take yourself off them early, trust me.

Sorry to hear about your injury, if it is cartilidge damage, that really sucks as it takes forever to heal, if it is just soft tissue damage, you should be back up and racing in no time.

Get better soon dude.

Back to top Go down

Slider S15

Post Sat 26 Jun 2010 - 23:06 by Slider S15

Just a Week after his work accident which saw Slider's Hand crushed seeing him sitting out the JTRC, Slider S15 has Made a Return to the Track.

Slider, Real name Mike, Was spotted in the SBR Impound doing some driving for a forthcoming SBR Promo Video earlier today. When questioned about his recovery Slider had this to say,

"Ive been itching to get back behind the wheel ever since my accident so today has been really positive. However its also shown me that im not ready for a return to competition just yet. Im still lacking alot of Dexterity in my left hand fingers which means im not fully in control of the brakes just yet, my hand is acheing after a while as well which effectively rules me out of TORA's upcoming Endurance events which are my next two scheduled events, which Sucks. But as you can see from the driving ive been doing today, ive definately still got it!"

"Thank you for all of the kind messages and i hope to be back racing at the top as soon as i can."

In the Mean time Slider has turned his attentions to the SBR Driftworks operation, working on both Customer cars and his own car in preperation for the TORA Formula Drift Championship.

Order books are open for Customer cars so if you are interested get in touch!

Back to top Go down

garyp3398

Post Sun 27 Jun 2010 - 10:25 by garyp3398

Ive bought some of the SBR Driftwork cars.For me as a beginner they are amazing.A brilliant way into drifting an the up and coming TORA Drift Championship.Id recommend buying one and trying it! trust me id never thought id be converted to the sideways but OMG its great fun and so different from the norm on TORA.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down