TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
The identity of the Stig....to be revealed? EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
The identity of the Stig....to be revealed? EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
The identity of the Stig....to be revealed? EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
The identity of the Stig....to be revealed? EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
The identity of the Stig....to be revealed? EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
The identity of the Stig....to be revealed? EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
The identity of the Stig....to be revealed? EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
The identity of the Stig....to be revealed? EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
The identity of the Stig....to be revealed? EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

The identity of the Stig....to be revealed?

+6
Ianmr
Richy59
Ax4x Chaddy
Slider S15
CQR Rogue
Britracer
10 posters

Go down

The identity of the Stig....to be revealed? Empty The identity of the Stig....to be revealed?

Post by Britracer Wed 1 Sep 2010 - 13:49

The BBC has lost a legal fight to stop publication of a book which reveals the identity of Top Gear's driver The Stig.

More here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-11151777

Also, with a bit of snooping around on the HarperCollins website, an autobiography is set to be released later this month by everyone's favourite driver, Paul O'Neill!

Also one by Jeff Gordon, but him being the Stig is highly doubtful...
Britracer
Britracer

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

The identity of the Stig....to be revealed? Empty Re: The identity of the Stig....to be revealed?

Post by CQR Rogue Wed 1 Sep 2010 - 14:08

Ben Colins, think a majority of ppl new this in the motorsport industry but didnt say until now, hopefully bbc will keep his stigness as he is a pretty quick driver Smile

LOLA Matters

Last edited by Duncan on Wed 1 Sep 2010 - 14:19; edited 1 time in total
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

The identity of the Stig....to be revealed? Empty Re: The identity of the Stig....to be revealed?

Post by Britracer Wed 1 Sep 2010 - 14:15

Ooh err, they've updated the article. Surprised that the BBC haven't just admitted it before, seeing as all the speculation pointed that way.

But I was also hoping that it may just have been Paul O'Neill, for a scouse Stig would have been awesome Very Happy
Britracer
Britracer

Back to top Go down

Post by Slider S15 Wed 1 Sep 2010 - 14:56

Sad I Guess they'll be killing this one off too then Sad
Slider S15
Slider S15

TORA Race Number : 219
Number of posts : 3711
Registration date : 2009-01-24

https://www.facebook.com/SlidersStorefront

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Wed 1 Sep 2010 - 15:17

i want sato to be the new stig lol
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Britracer Wed 1 Sep 2010 - 15:41

It would have to be someone who doesn't have a job but has some talent. Maybe James Thompson, he's not exactly doing much apart from driving the NGTC once...

Also, if Collins get sacked, I wouldn't be surprised if the BBC recieved a lawsuit...
Britracer
Britracer

Back to top Go down

Post by Slider S15 Wed 1 Sep 2010 - 15:47

I dunno it was in his contract apparently that he wasnt supposed to reveal himself.

Since he has, hes broken his contract and the BBC Would be within their rights from a basic legal standpoint to Fire Collins for breach of contract.

Slider S15
Slider S15

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Wed 1 Sep 2010 - 19:01

I can totally understand why he has revealed himself as teh Stig. The other 3 are on mega money but the most popular character isn't paid much as he is the Top Gear mascot. I wonder what colour the next one will be, I'm gonna say Red Razz
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ianmr Wed 1 Sep 2010 - 19:18

Angry stig Razz , or valentines stig lol
Ianmr
Ianmr

TORA Race Number : 13
Number of posts : 2326
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by garyp3398 Wed 1 Sep 2010 - 20:39

right your getting abit carried away.......................... i want to see how they kill him off??? i bet its something to do with killing caravans
garyp3398
garyp3398

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2008-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by CamberMan Tue 7 Sep 2010 - 20:56

I think Ben Collins should hang his head in shame! Lets be honest we don't care who the stig is - Just that no one knows!

Ben just did it to make money aka Sold his soul - He's coming back as a horse for the new stigs punching bag lol
CamberMan
CamberMan

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2010-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Tue 7 Sep 2010 - 21:06

Slider S15 wrote:I dunno it was in his contract apparently that he wasnt supposed to reveal himself.

Thinking I ought to put that in Shane's contract at some point!
Matt
Matt

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14648
Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Tue 7 Sep 2010 - 23:17

I really don't blame him at all. The Stig is Top Gears trademark and is more popular than the 3 hosts combined, yet he was payed much much less because he was a figure. They can just find another driver. At least now he has a bit fo freedom.
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Slider S15 Tue 7 Sep 2010 - 23:56

But he had freedom when no-body knew he was the Stig....

I reckon the recent burst of Merchandise with Images of the Stig pushed him. Having no notoriety or income from Merchandise which essentially has his image on them is a fairly understandable reason i guess...
Slider S15
Slider S15

Back to top Go down

Post by CamberMan Wed 8 Sep 2010 - 0:22

Nah He sold out and is a failure - He signed a disclosure agreement he needs burning at the steak!
CamberMan
CamberMan

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2010-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Slider S15 Wed 8 Sep 2010 - 1:10

CamberMan wrote:Nah He sold out and is a failure - He signed a disclosure agreement he needs burning at the steak!

AGREED! (Except the Burning at the Stake bit)

I think a good "Violent rear Probeing" from the BBC Lawyers for breach of Contract should do it Razz
Slider S15
Slider S15

Back to top Go down

Post by XTI Jon Snow Wed 8 Sep 2010 - 2:33

Matt wrote:
Slider S15 wrote:I dunno it was in his contract apparently that he wasnt supposed to reveal himself.

Thinking I ought to put that in Shane's contract at some point!

Too late
XTI Jon Snow
XTI Jon Snow

TORA Race Number : 199
Number of posts : 2680
Registration date : 2009-03-22

http://xtiforums.myfreeforum.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down