TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Down In The Pits with MKR EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Down In The Pits with MKR EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Down In The Pits with MKR EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Down In The Pits with MKR EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Down In The Pits with MKR EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Down In The Pits with MKR EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Down In The Pits with MKR EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Down In The Pits with MKR EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Down In The Pits with MKR EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Down In The Pits with MKR

Go down

Down In The Pits with MKR Empty Down In The Pits with MKR

...........Where have You Been??

Down in the garage of Mushroom Kingdom Racers' Team leader Mark Brown Jr (better known as Rollin InAn STi), you will find a very happy driver. We were able to catch up with him omungst all the celebration.

Track Reporter: Excuse me, Mark. Would you like to comment on your victory?

Mark Brown Jr: Im Estatic!! To be able to switch cars after the final race of the ISCC's European Leg to a new manufacturer for the American Leg and win in the first outing is outstanding! And no other place than where i got my first TORA victory, Laguna Seca, back in '09. And to pull off a 1-2 finish is great as well!

TR: You think your feelings for Laguna Seca has changed after today?

MBJ: A little bit! if she (the track) can keep giving me wins around here, im sure to like her at some point. Laughing

TR:: How did your race go, and can you tell me in your eyes what happened with that incident with the P1 car?

MBJ: The Race itself was a little bit nerve racking and fun at the same time. in early practice, i found the car could last the full hour on fuel, but with a mandatory pit, i decided to pit rather early and go to the end. It was a true shame to see what had happened to EZT Ash's Jaguar, as i was looking forward to a nice battle, but i guess it wasn't meant to be. The incident with the P1 car, though, was a bit scary. i knew the Pug was closing after exiting the corkscrew and though i would give him enough space to the outside of the following left hander. but then i realized i turned in too soon, and had to make a minor adjustment to my line as he was along side me, we made contact, sending me into a complete 360, but i managed to dump it down into 2nd, point the car in the right direction, and get going without losing much time.

TR: How about your teammates, FranchittiFan and PpR YT RICE?

MBJ: I couldn't do it without them. These guys really helped me out both for this race as well as the TORA 24hr LeMans Challenge the other week. im glad to have them on board, and look forward to the rest of the ISCC schedule.

TR: The next race at Road America, you and FranchittiFan will have an extra power handicap tacked on, how do you think you'll do?

MBJ: I think the teams' Ferrari's will still be competative out at Road America. With Chaddy and I getting a handicap boost, there's still one more Ferrari that didnt get a handicap increase, so expect him to be on top of things. Wink I wouldn't count us out.

TR: Thanks for your time Mark. Go celebrate!

Last edited by Mark on Sun 20 Nov 2011 - 0:42; edited 1 time in total

Down In The Pits with MKR 4CehZCuDown In The Pits with MKR 1Im0ehJDown In The Pits with MKR AZBlrjnDown In The Pits with MKR SSaUnAU
Down In The Pits with MKR KlHMZuJDown In The Pits with MKR 1vuHXh0Down In The Pits with MKR FoUH4rWDown In The Pits with MKR N9zGJcN
LMR DarthMario
LMR DarthMario

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 8184
Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Down In The Pits with MKR :: Comments

Ax4x Chaddy

Post Mon 15 Aug 2011 - 1:23 by Ax4x Chaddy

Track Reporter: Chad Wilson, driver of 62# MKR Ferrari F430 joins us now, what a result for the team?

Wilson: Crazy! As my team mate said to win our class with a new car at not out strongest track is just amazing great job by the team!

TR: This seems to be a car that suits your driving style, doing great stints at Le Mans?

wil: Yes it really does dial in well round twisty bits but i feel the car as great top speed too, turn in braking is great too and is proberly where ive found my new speed.

TR:: How did your race go, and can you tell me in your eyes what happened with that incident with the P2 car?

Wil: The Race was very very good and great pit work by the team too. I just got my head down and tryed my hardest every lap. The tap with the P2 car was just a misunderstanding and i totally see how Ian saw it, There was a wee gap but i closed it a little too early. No damage done too the car and we held on to this great result.

TR: How about your teammates, Rollin InAn STi and PpR YT RICE?

Wil: I must admit that tune that was put together by my team mates was really really sweet. We had two great drivers who joined us for the 24 race and wish we could have both on board but rules are rules!

TR: The next race at Road America, you and Rollin InAn Sti will have an extra power handicap tacked on, how do you think you'll do?

Wil: I cant see why we cant still be in the top 5 there and could even see Rice picking up a win. The car has great top line speed for a car thats well set up for the twisty bits. We really hope to contine our strong pace!

Back to top Go down

VVV GunDaM

Post Mon 15 Aug 2011 - 9:46 by VVV GunDaM

I think officially, theres only one theme for this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mK2ARyVHodY

*Sylvester Stallone mode* You're welcome!

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 15 Aug 2011 - 14:33 by IRT YT RICE

Track Reporter: Here we are catching up with sixth place, Joshua Morin (PpR YT RICE) who drives the #63 MKR Ferrari 430 GT2. Quite the follow up to a strong podium at the 24 of Le Mans, wouldn't you say?

Joshua Morin: First off, I want to say thanks to MKR for signing me on for the rest of the season and showing me how strong of a team they are. Now, to talk about Le Mans, I spent a week over their testing the car prior to the 24 and we hit a really good set-up that dealt with our air restrictor for that race. Meanwhile, Mark and Chad were here in the states working on a killer package for the American leg of the Le Mans series. When I flew back here with them, they had all of the data for me to go over.

TR: From what you've seen, have they made a good choice by switching to this new Ferrari package, versus the Audi?

JM: Well, I didn't get to drive the Audi. But, I can say that they are really good at sorting out the data from car to car. Which they proved by winning right out of the box. So, look for us to fight until the end of the series.

TR: We noticed that your times in qualifying were off from this weeks test, can you give us the details?

JM: *Laughing* Yeah, in this age of purpose built race cars, we have a lot of technologies that help eliminate driver errors. Such as, traction control, stability control, abs, etc, etc. Sometimes, we as drivers make small mistakes that hinder ourselves.... When I got into the car for qualifying, I did my normal routine of buckling up, put on the steering wheel, check all the gauges and fired her up. But, I noticed something didn't feel right about half way through the qualifier. Come to find out, I never turned on the traction control. So, we went from 1:21.4's to 1:22.8's. By the time I got the clue, my tire temps were up past their peak operating temps.

TR: Real quick, about Le Mans, how did you feel about your first time competing 24 hours of Le Mans?

JM: Absolutely amazed! MKR picked me up the week before the 24 and asked me to fly over there right away to get a head start on the program, while they (Mark and Chad) stayed here to work on the American series car. I was under the impression that it was a one race deal, but, they sat down in the team area during my stints and decided to ask me to join up for the rest of the championship! The race itself was awesome, Bruno, Mark, and Chad did work getting us to the front.

TR: So, you've had some bad luck in traffic both at the 24 and here at Laguna. Anything that you need to change with your driving style?

JM: Just driver errors on my part. I was pushing really hard at Le Mans, we all wanted to win there. My engineer told me over the radio that I got into the 3:52 range and I made a small mistake at 130 MPH going into the Porsche curves that collected the other two GT2 cars that were also on the lead lap. But, Mark fought back really hard in the final stint. Then, here at Laguna we had a lot more LMP's and I'm not familiar with them. So, I got punted once and drove off the second time. Made for an interesting race for the viewers at home, I'm sure.

TR: Sixth, is still a solid showing.

JM: Of course, everyone has a chance to win at every race. They only count points for the top two team members. But, I'm okay with that: we pulled first and second. Plus, I was able to gain lots of valuable data for our program.

TR: Looks like we are heading to Road America next, how do you feel about that track?

JM: I love all the tracks that I get the chance to compete at. With a few of the other cars picking up air restrictors from the last round, it puts me in a very good position. Our team had some of the fastest top speeds through the traps at Le Mans and Road America is another low downforce track. It looks good for all three Ferrari's at this point. They have this car sorted out very well, already.

TR: Are you going to test there during the five week break?

JM: I think that we are going to test at Sebring or Road Atlanta during the break. It looks like our R and D department just picked up some new wheels and we just received some new brakes at the shop. So, that should give us a small performance increase as well. I also, worked on some new gear sets here at Laguna that my teammates will probably try out.

TR: Well, thank you for your time and goodluck at Road America after the break. Now, get back to the celebration with your teammates!

JM: Thank you, and thanks to all of our sponsors!

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 15 Aug 2011 - 15:29 by culchi

Well done on the win and great work on the reporting, would love to see that dedication by all teams makes it feel more real

Back to top Go down

Richy59

Post Mon 15 Aug 2011 - 18:53 by Richy59

Yeah, i echo Shane with that. Very well done to winning GT2 and it's great to see some of the old 'track side reports' after races. I haven't done one of those for years Razz

Back to top Go down

LMR DarthMario

Post Sun 28 Aug 2011 - 21:18 by LMR DarthMario

Hello All. we've caught up with Mark who has pulled his #61 Mushroom Kingdom Racers Ferrari to the garare.

Track Reporter:

Mark, Can you tell me what happened for you to retire so soon?

Mark:

It's simple really. coming out of the '14', i heard a pop, and had saw my revs skyrocket with non of the power going to the drive wheels. i knew right then my race was done. i was just lucky it happened coming out of turn 14. i just hope Chad and Josh (YT RICE) have a good showing in my stead.

TR:

Are you going to rebound at Sunset Infield Reverse next round?

MBJ:

You bet.... (turns around and heads to the back of the garage)

TR:

Obviously he's not happy about the early withdrawl. Back to you Tom

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 29 Aug 2011 - 13:50 by IRT YT RICE

Track Reporter: I'm still down here by the MKR garage where Joshua Morin has pulled the #64 MKR Ferrari into the garage and caught up with him. Josh, how does it feel to finish second in only your third race competing in the ISCC?

Joshua Morin: First off, want to say,"Hi!" to my wife and kids at home. Absolutely bittersweet. We qualified well off our pace. Made the changes back to the original tune and dropped our times back down where they needed to be. Then, I guess one of the LMP's was way too aggressive coming into the last corner and took the back end off of my car. In the rules they say for the GT cars to maintain their line and let the LMP's work a reasonable pass. I mean, he could have been a lot more patient being that Mark retired early. So, he had less traffic to work through.

TR: How much damage did the collision create?

JM: Well, the initial off caused by being punted, probably cost ten or so seconds and then two or more seconds per lap. Just terrible I believe we ended up twenty or so seconds back....

TR: It looked like you were trying to help your teammate on the straights, was that the case?

JM: Yeah, he and Chad received air restrictors after Laguna. That cut some serious speed from their cars. I figured that we could get a draft going on the straights and get him to the front. Then, coming out of "14" he dropped back pretty quick. Not sure what the cause was, yet. He'll regroup and come out swinging at Sunset.

TR: Same air restrictor that you'll receive?

JM: Yeah, I'll pick up a restrictor and so will Chad. Mark will come off of the handicap, though. It'll be a good race......*turns and walks into the garage*

TR: Obvious frustration for two of the MKR drivers after this race. Now, back to the booth.

Back to top Go down

Ax4x Chaddy

Post Tue 30 Aug 2011 - 9:09 by Ax4x Chaddy

Presenter: Well after the fun and games of the last two ISCC America races we caught up with 62# Mushroom Kingdom Racers driver Chad Wilson, on life on and off the track and hopes for next season.

Interviewer: Hello Chad, we re here at a soaking kart track in your hometown, it must feel a lifetime away from racing in America?!

Chad: Yeah, its quite different eh?! Im glad it wasnt like this over there as our results would of been much harder to come by.

Int: You've had two races to get settled in the team, get to know the car and see where you lie in the pecking order?

C: Im right at home in this team, we all work together on set ups and I learn from Joshua and Mark about what the car needs and what it likes. The 430 was a dream at LS, think i only lost out on the win due to tiny wee mistakes, at RA it was a case of finishing and amazingly we managed a 3rd due to retirements. It terms of the pecking order, I feel we re not the fastest but we have a good finishing record compared to our rivals.

Int: Sunset is next, your aims there?

C: I've got more handicap than my team mates so I hope to keep out there way and finish in the top 5 at least. With the 10% reduction in power last round, I felt we were still right up there top speed wise.

Int: What are your hopes for next season?

C: Well id love to stay with this team and hopefully run the ferrari again but we'll see what choices we have to make when the new rules come out next year.

Int: Now we all know about your wee boy Colin, how is life away from the track?

C: Its great. The wee man is nearly 16months old and runs riot everywere, even in the local supermarket im trying to catch up with him! Hes never there to see the races but my girlfriend normally watches the races and supports me. I dont want Colin to get into this too early in this life but ill be happy to get him on a kart when the time is right and he wants to do it.

Int: Its been great getting to hang out with yourself, even if its raining! enjoy the rest of the season and we hope to see you close to front.

C: Thanks we'll push hard to get another win and hopefully take the teams title.

Back to top Go down

LMR DarthMario

Post Mon 19 Sep 2011 - 1:03 by LMR DarthMario

Not long after today's race, TORA's track reporter Jared Flatier caught up with Mushroom Kingdom Racers' team owner and driver Mark after the race:

Jared Flatier:
Excuse me Mark. How was your race today?

Mark Brown Jr:
It was pretty good. i surprised myself in Qually, hitting a time i never thought the Ferrari was capable of. And during the race, there were a few hairy situations with the prototypes ready to pass me, but luckily no contacts were made. But i had a few scary moments myself. after my pit stop, at one point going into the section in the center of the track, i caught the right rumble a bit, getting the Ferrari up on its left wheels, and when i recovered i was aimed at the tire wall at the following schicane, but was able to slow up enough to barely miss it. and tank-slapped the rear once coming out of what i like to call 'The Bus Stop' (slowest corner of the track), braking the tail lights, but all and all, i had a good time today.

JF:
How did your Ferrari fair compared to the Jaguar of F4H Carrera, Nissan of Simon, and the Porsche of nicky?

MBJ:
in terms of the Porsche, we were very close around the track. Nicky had a bit more grip in the corners, but the Ferrari had the power to keep him in check. Simon's Nissan and Carrera's Jaguar are gripping nightmares. Carrera's Jag was tuned really well, and i wasnt able to keep pace with him. i did have a bit more straightaway speed than he had, but the grip he had over me was more than i can make up for on the straights. In early practice against Simon's Nissan, he seemed to have been struggling this week with the maximum air restrictors, and from what i heard during the race, having had an incident with a prototype i reckon, probably didnt help matters for him.

JF:
Looks like the points battle in GT2 has tightened after today's race. You managed to close the gap to Simon, but lost a little ground to Carrera. Do you think you still have a chance?

MBJ:
You kidding? Of course i still have a chance! Anything can happen in these final two rounds.

JF:
True, but you and your teammate Josh will be getting larger air restrictors for Sebring, while Chad will be getting a smaller air restrictor. How do you think the race will go?

MBJ:
Well, i never really got a real race test with the larger air restrictor back at Road Am when i retired pretty early, but i hope that the grip the Ferrari has will overcome it. i know at Road Am in practice, i felt faster with the larger air restrictor. So, the team will be putting focus into the race in two weeks as we all will be running with larger restrictors. I'm sure we can find a tune that will benefit.

JF:
Thanks for your time Mark. Look forward to the race at Sebring.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 26 Sep 2011 - 16:26 by IRT YT RICE

Track Reporter:
Here we are down in the MKR pits with Joshua Morin after a surprising podium. How does it feels to get on the podium with the tighter air restrictor?

Josh Morin:
First off, Hi to my family at home! Man, it was awesome! I had no idea that I was on the podium until I came into the pits. My radio came unplugged with about twenty minutes to go and I just kept pushing on. When I came in the whole crew was out there going nuts.

TR:
Strong points day for you guys. One more strong points day and you guys can seal up the GT2 title one race early. How does that make you feel?

JM:
Yeah, very strong day for our team. We took second, third, and fourth. It feels really good, we've been strong this entire leg of the ISCC. I'm just riding the wave at this point. Le Mans was strong for us and we have just kept the pace going.

TR:
So, you'll be maxed out on the air restrictor for Sebring. How are you're chances looking there?

JM:
It's going to be a hard race. But, the MKR team is really good at nailing the set-up while under pressure. Sebring is a big power track, so we'll have to take a swing at the low aero set-up from LeMans. Mainly, just our shock package.

TR:
Allright, good luck to you guys in your quest for the Constructors Championship.

JM:
Thank you, we'll be working hard to bring this one home.

Back to top Go down

LMR DarthMario

Post Mon 26 Sep 2011 - 22:29 by LMR DarthMario

With the winding down of the 2011 ISCC season, and possibly TORA's final FM3 based race, Mushroom Kingdom Racers has decided to enter a P1 entry for ISCC's own 'Petit Le Mans'. A Driver has yet to be confirmed, but is being worked on as we speak. Once everything has been finalized, an update will be made. Wink

Back to top Go down

HCR generaltso

Post Mon 26 Sep 2011 - 22:33 by HCR generaltso

i hope it looks like the united autosports car

Back to top Go down

ATR DAN

Post Mon 26 Sep 2011 - 22:35 by ATR DAN

More competition? Cool. I'll be looking forward to seeing what you'll be entering in. Wink

Back to top Go down

LMR DarthMario

Post Mon 26 Sep 2011 - 22:39 by LMR DarthMario

i hope it's fast enough to keep up. Razz not sure what the other P1's are running At the moment, but i know what the car's build & tune is capable of in my hands, even if im in-consistent in prototypes..

Back to top Go down

Stonewall458

Post Mon 26 Sep 2011 - 23:38 by Stonewall458

^I can help you test it Mark

Back to top Go down

ATR DAN

Post Mon 26 Sep 2011 - 23:54 by ATR DAN

I'll give you a hand as well Mark. There you go, two ATR members helping another one out. Wink

Back to top Go down

Ax4x Chaddy

Post Tue 27 Sep 2011 - 0:56 by Ax4x Chaddy

sounds like its comming along nicely

Back to top Go down

LMR DarthMario

Post Sat 1 Oct 2011 - 0:23 by LMR DarthMario

Without any further delay, the first picture of the Mushroom Kingdom Racers' LMP1 challenger driven by Chad Wilson (FranchittFan) has been released:

Down In The Pits with MKR MKRF1LMP1

And as for the vacancy of Chad's GT2 Ferrari 430GT, the 4th driver from the 24hr Le Mans Challenge, Duke of Bruno will be filling that seat for the 'Petit Le Mans' ISCC season Finale

Back to top Go down

Duke of Bruno

Post Tue 4 Oct 2011 - 16:14 by Duke of Bruno

This should be interesting!

Back to top Go down

LMR DarthMario

Post Sun 9 Oct 2011 - 23:36 by LMR DarthMario

Down in the Mushroom Kingdom Racers' garage, TORA's pit reporter was able to catch up to Mark after tonight's race.

Pit Reporter:
Excuse me Mark. Can you tell me how your race was today?

Mark Brown Jr:
It was pretty good. With help from Josh (PpR YT RICE) to get the tune set for today, i had managed to get a 1:17.4 in Qually, which afterwards i realized i had grabbed the GT-pole. i was happy, and i knew the car had alot more in it, as during practice leading up to today, i had managed to hit a 17.1xx. At the start of the race, i had managed to get ahead of F4H Carrera into turn 1, and slowly started opening up a comfortable lead. around the 42 minute point, i heard a P2 Porsche had run out of fuel, but as i exited turn 7, i had been quickly checking my tire wear, and by the time i realized, i was on a collision course with Duncan's P2 Porsche and i had no way to avoid the prototype. Embarassed. I cincerly appologize to Duncan for my laspe in professionalism.

PR:
That must've been a tough pill mate to be ahead, to just bin it

MBJ:
yeah, but i decided to just get as much damage repaired as possible, and get back out on the track to log laps and points for the team.

PR:
your GT2 teammate Chad managed to take the new Ferrari LMP1 entry out for the first time and win with it. How does that feel?

MBJ:
Feels great! during the early part of the race, i saw how well he was keeping pace with VVV Micko, but i think something happened to Micko's R15 for him to retire early giving Chaddy the lead.

PR:
Will the 'Mushroom Kingdom Racers' be back for 2012, and if so, at what capacity?

MBJ:
Absolutely, MKR will be back for 2012! With Chad's performance today, we'll be going to evaluate putting together a 2-prototype LMP team for next season, and of course, the GT-class Ferrari's will be back.

PR:
Will you gents be running the 430GT again next year?

MBJ:
Yeah, we'll be using the 430GT again, that is if the 458GT isnt readily available to make the move to the newer machinery. But i have hopes it will be available before January.

PR:
With the new Game system out in a few days, how do you think the racing will be like next year?

MBJ:
One word. "EPIC!" With the new tire model, and more cars on the track, things are going to be exciting! i cannot wait!

PR:
Thanks Mark. We look forward to seeing you on the track next year

Back to top Go down

LMR DarthMario

Post Sun 20 Nov 2011 - 1:16 by LMR DarthMario

Track Reporter:
I have caught up with MKR team leader Mark after the ISCC Asia race @ Suzuka. Mark, do you care to describe your race?

Mark:
Wasnt bad at all! In my first attempt in a prototype race car, to put one in the winning coloumn is always a good thing. But i'd like to thank AudiSport Louis who helped me get a base paint onto my Oreca FLM09. i was having a real brain-fart on what to do with this thing.

TR:
how was the rest of the competition in the LMPC field?

Mark:
Well, i wasnt too sure until after quallifying. But, afterwards, finding out i was roughly 3 seconds up on the next fastest LMPC qualifyer, i just kept telling myself, 'Get into a rythmn, dont bin it, and you'll be fine'. And i nearly accomplished that.

TR:
You nearly binned it coming out of Dunlop Curve. That must've been scary.

Mark:
oooooohh, yeah! i was slowly realing in BuckeyeBullet20, and that one instance coming out of Dunlop, the right rear caught the outside rumble strip, causing me to lose all traction. i managed to drop a couple gears, get on the brakes, and get my Oreca pointed in the right direction and come away with only some very minimal damage to the Left rear wheel pod. none that caused any aerodynamic problems.

TR:
You had a incident with one of the other LMPC's during the race. care to elaborate?

Mark:
Well, as i was slowly catching BuckeyeBullet20's Oreca, i was starting to guess where'd i'd catch him. then, one lap we came through 130R and into the brake zone for the final shicane, and i hadnt calculated for the draft i was getting off him to alter my braking distance, and got into the back of his ride, which, after the race, i walked down to his pit stall, and properly appologized for the altercation. He didnt seem to be all that hurt by the incident, as he mentioned that i was set to lap him right then. later in the convo, he asked to take a look at my tuning settings, and i agreed in hopes to make amends.

TR:
Awfully kind of you mate. So, the next ISCC Asia race is @ Tsukuba. Will you be there?

Mark:
I hate to skip out on a race meeting, but im sure its been well documented within TORA that i despise Tsukuba. Its just one of those tracks, where i am simply off my pace. So, i may take my weekend away from tsukuba and enjoy the sights around Japan until the Motegi round approaches.

TR:
Enjoy your time in Japan, Mark. Back to you Tom

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum