TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Hi, I'm Sidekick Joe and I have a few questions... EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Hi, I'm Sidekick Joe and I have a few questions... EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Hi, I'm Sidekick Joe and I have a few questions... EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Hi, I'm Sidekick Joe and I have a few questions... EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Hi, I'm Sidekick Joe and I have a few questions... EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Hi, I'm Sidekick Joe and I have a few questions... EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Hi, I'm Sidekick Joe and I have a few questions... EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Hi, I'm Sidekick Joe and I have a few questions... EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Hi, I'm Sidekick Joe and I have a few questions... EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Hi, I'm Sidekick Joe and I have a few questions...

+4
JAMIE ANDERS0N
CQR Rogue
johnnyboy360
sidekick joe
8 posters

Go down

Hi, I'm Sidekick Joe and I have a few questions... Empty Hi, I'm Sidekick Joe and I have a few questions...

Post by sidekick joe Wed 12 Oct 2011 - 10:24

I'm just looking at the previous ISCC results as well as the results for other series such as the GT. It doesn't mention anywhere in the rules as to how its decided who gets to drive the fastest cars. How does it work?

Also do ALL or most of your series now allow all driving aids?

I didn't want to participate in the past because I had a friend who said TORA had a few problems when AJ was around. Now that AJ's left have those probems been resolved?

sidekick joe

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-11-14

Back to top Go down

Hi, I'm Sidekick Joe and I have a few questions... Empty Re: Hi, I'm Sidekick Joe and I have a few questions...

Post by johnnyboy360 Wed 12 Oct 2011 - 10:29

Basically, its first come first serve, we limit the car numbers to save the whole field going away with it.

We do allow some driving aids, GT, ISCC you can have TCS on, I think you might be able to get away with the rest, but ABS off is the minimum.

Ever since AJ went, it has been tonnes better, I was here when AJ was just about to leave, our President is Matt, and Duncan has a major part in it aswell

johnnyboy360

Number of posts : 1287
Registration date : 2010-07-24

Back to top Go down

Hi, I'm Sidekick Joe and I have a few questions... Empty Re: Hi, I'm Sidekick Joe and I have a few questions...

Post by CQR Rogue Wed 12 Oct 2011 - 10:35

Hi Joe,

Welcome to TORA Smile to answer your questions -

ISCC, GT and TCC car choices are submitted on a 1st come 1st serve basis, all cars are tested thoroughly and all cars are equal, we give our drivers a few months practice with car lists and then open up car registrations about a month before the series gets under way, that way every each driver gets to test and find a car that fits there driving style.

Driving aids at the end of our Forza 3 series are as below -

ISCC all driver aids allowed
GT all drivers aids allowed
TCC - ABS, TC, Stability Management forced off

Racing lines are allowed.

There are no issues with TORA and the community now that AJ left over a year ago, we pride ourselves on having a close relationship with our community who are at the soul of what TORA offers, as without our community we wouldn't be here.

May I ask who your team mate was?

Over the next few months more details for our main 2012 series will be announced but until the we hope to see you on our MSA 2011 Forza 4 Sepc / Stock series which will be starting shortly.

CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sidekick joe Wed 12 Oct 2011 - 13:24

Duncan wrote:

Driving aids at the end of our Forza 3 series are as below -

TCC - ABS, TC, Stability Management forced off

May I ask who your team mate was?

Thanks for your quick reply.

For the TCC - does that mean that ABS and TCS are allowed or are they all forced off?
The rules of the TCC say ANY aids are allowed. Which is correct?
Tascar doesn't say what aids are allowed. What aids are allowed?
When I click on the World Endurance link it takes me to the Tascar page, I think you've made a mistake there. What cars are used for the World Endurance and are aids allowed?
The Grand Prix World Championship doesn't say what aids are allowed. What aids are allowed?

Sorry to sound dumb but does Tascar just use Nascar cars and do you just do ovals?

Was AJ the owner of TORA, what did he do wrong and why did he leave?

Do you support any racing game even if it isn't a simulation in the same vein as Forza such as F1 2011?

xx The Stig is his name. He wasn't my team mate he was just a former member of yours who I recently befriended in iRacing. We got talking about clubs and he recommended me to you even though you banned him!

xx The Stig is a good bloke and as far as I know he never caused accidents and he never broke any of your rules but you banned him just because he bought The-Online-Racing-Association.com variation of your domain. Lots of websites have the same name as each other and apparently his website wasn't even finished yet and all your staff members sent him emails threatening him with legal action even though he never copied anything off your site other than fair use content. If you didn't want other people using the hyphenated version of your domain then why didn't you buy it? You are using a non-trademarkable name for your club so he's not done anything wrong and he clearly says at the start of his homepage that his club has got nothing to do with yours and he doesn't even support Forza only iRacing!

So I was just wondering if you censor everybody like that if they dare to mention another club such as iRacing in a non-spammy way or do you not believe in free speech? I would like to team up with xx The Stig to participate in one of your series. Is he permanently banned from your site or can he sign up again?

sidekick joe

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by JAMIE ANDERS0N Wed 12 Oct 2011 - 13:57

Hmmmm Neutral

Am waiting to the response for this one
JAMIE ANDERS0N
JAMIE ANDERS0N

TORA Race Number : 76
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6805
Registration date : 2008-10-19

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ianmr Wed 12 Oct 2011 - 14:08

Hello,

I believe Richy will be best to answer you on this one mate.

But no AJ did not own TORA Wink
Ianmr
Ianmr

TORA Race Number : 13
Number of posts : 2326
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Wed 12 Oct 2011 - 14:08

Hey Joe, welcome to the forums.

I have to say, that's one hell of a way to introduce yourself into a new club forum and to new people. I appreciate that a fresh set of eyes picks up things, so thanks.

The website is not finished yet and will be completed before 2012 kicks off. Like every website there will always be some bugs in the system so it good to notice them now whilst we are waiting for our major series to start up again.

With regards to the rules I would advise you contact the series organisers if there are any contradictions in the text. All of our series are finished now apart from the GPWC, and since we never had any problems throughout the seasons then I am sure that everybody understood the rules.

TASCAR was a community run series, any questions about that should be directed towards Mark. TASCAR will return in 2012 as a TORA series and will use the available stock cars in the game and will cover a variety of course including Road and Ovals.

With regards to your question about supporting other series then of course we do. Our GPWC run on F1 2011 now and we will be looking to continue this next season. We have held Race Pro and Dirt 3 series over the past year, although mainly by the community. We also ran our official GT1 series using Shift 2 Unleashed, so of course we use other platforms and games. We are after all The Online Racing Association.

We were recently interviewed by a Gaming Magazine in which we covered our reason for using Forza as our platform of choice. Look out for more details on that soon, but ultimately Forza is the most accessible and customisable platform for us to use. To do iRacing, which I do, you need to decently expensive Rig and have to pay monthly for the racing. Some people here cannot afford that and hence the comparatively small expense of owning and xbox is beneficial for us. I would love to run a GT5 series but there isn't enough demand at the moment. You and I will need to get together and do some iRacing soon.

We are very open with other clubs compared to 12-18 months ago. We are in communication with various clubs about cross-promotion and racing, including setting up teams to race in our Endurance series. People can come here and promote or run their own series. If people want to do it and enjoy it then that is the most important thing. We want to encourage online and virtual racing as best we can.

With regards to our domain clashes, previous member problems and changes in staff, I do not wish to and neither do I need to discuss that in public. We pride ourselves in what we have all achieved up to this day, past and present members. Any problems we have had are long behind us now and we don't want to start looking back at any grievances since we started. We're all adults and we run a service for our community and we will do that to the best of our ability. We haven't banned or had any trouble from anybody in the last 12-18 months, and TORA is a lot better because of it.
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Wed 12 Oct 2011 - 14:13

i sense somethings not as it seems here...
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by sidekick joe Wed 12 Oct 2011 - 14:38

So I'm allowed to ask questions just as long as they aren't things that you don't want to discuss. Sorry but that doesn't sound very open to me. I'm just asking some simple questions. I heard that AJ caused problems and I wanted to know why. All i've heard so far is that since AJ's left it's now better but how is it better. Isn't it natural to want to know the history of the club?

Is xx Stig allowed to join your club again. Yes or No? If you don't want to discuss it in public then please PM me.

F1 2011 isn't a simulation game like Forza, it's more like a Semi-Sim. Am i wrong? I just wanted to know why you support it since I thought you only supported simulation games?

sidekick joe

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by JAMIE ANDERS0N Wed 12 Oct 2011 - 14:46

sidekick joe wrote:F1 2011 isn't a simulation game like Forza, it's more like a Semi-Sim. Am i wrong? I just wanted to know why you support it since I thought you only supported simulation games?

I thought it was online racing not online simulation racing? I think F1 come into it from the many F1 fans here who wanted to race in it so a championship was created.
JAMIE ANDERS0N
JAMIE ANDERS0N

TORA Race Number : 76
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6805
Registration date : 2008-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Wed 12 Oct 2011 - 15:00

Sorry, but there is a difference between asking simple questions about TORA and trying to dig up dirt about ex-members, ex-members who haven't been here for over a year. You're trying to goad me or the staff into having a public rant about people and that is something I will not do. You can ask the community about the changes over the last year. If you wish to discuss this further then PM me or add me on XBL, but I do not appreciate your attitude towards me and the community, especially when we don't know you and all you want is dirt. Companies and other communities do not go airing their dirty laundry in public, TORA is the same.

With regards to "simulation" games only I don't know where you got your information. We cover numerous games and encourage everyone to get involved with virtual and online racing. If there is demand for a series then we will either run it or encourage the community to set up a series in it.
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnyboy360 Wed 12 Oct 2011 - 18:23

Wow... Someone sounds like an insider! Not you Simon but Joe... Wow, I have never heard anyone as sooooo many questions in a post!

F1 2011 is a sim. Forza 4 is a sim. DiRT3 is a sim. All games are a simulation of what can be done. F1 2011, teams, racing, penalties etc... Forza 4, loads of cars, tuning, painting, racing... DiRT3, drifting, racing, tuning... So for you to say its not, you are wrong.

johnnyboy360

Number of posts : 1287
Registration date : 2010-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggsy tv Wed 12 Oct 2011 - 21:29

Hi, hope you enjoy your stay here at TORA! Smile

Biggsy tv
Biggsy tv

TORA Race Number : 441
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 7494
Registration date : 2009-05-23

http://www.twitch.tv/Biggsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Wed 12 Oct 2011 - 23:24

we love racing, we the ONLINE RACING ASSOCIATION, that help?

If members break our rules or do anything that harms the Association, they wont be part of it anymore i think thats a simple answer for you.
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down