TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TORA Classic GT Championship EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TORA Classic GT Championship EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TORA Classic GT Championship EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA Classic GT Championship EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA Classic GT Championship EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA Classic GT Championship EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA Classic GT Championship EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA Classic GT Championship EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA Classic GT Championship EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA Classic GT Championship

+10
LMR DarthMario
lfcnicklfc
GTR Evoluzione
Duke of Bruno
ATR DAN
Richy59
Diablo 29x
Spartan LXVIII
Stonewall458
Biggsy tv
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

TORA Classic GT Championship Empty TORA Classic GT Championship

Post by Biggsy tv Fri 23 Dec 2011 - 19:05

Supporting the GT's for some of the rounds this year will be an unofficial GT series, and more classic GT cars. From old cars used in previous TORA GT series, and a few more, this will be held on Saturdays at 8pm GMT the day before the TORA GT series.

To participate in this, please send me a PM with your car choice and team drivers and name.

===========================================================================================
The unofficial TORA Classic GT series will be fought over 5 race meetings, 10 races from January 2012 to May 2012. The series will have 8 championships up for grabs. There are 3 different eras of GT cars within the series. Each era will be scored within its own category, both drivers and teams championships, as well has an overall championship for all eras combined.

DRIVERS CHAMPIONSHIP

This will be a championship fought by each driver for themselves. The total amount of points at the end of the series, minus the lowest scoring round from their overall points will be their final points total and will result in their position in the overall drivers standing at the end of the year. This championship is for team and privateer drivers.

TEAMS CHAMPIONSHIP

A team will be made up of 3 drivers, all driving the same car. This championship will be scored by the total points score for both team drivers over the course of the championship.

- Team Driver Changes
From the start of the series, the full time driver line up may have a maximum two driver changes for the entire series. If another full time driver change occurs, the total point score for the team will take a 10% reduction at the end of the year, and a subsequent 10% more for each further change. A fulltime driver change would need to be applied for via a new entry form as per championship sign-up.

- Substitute Drivers
For the length of the entire series, a team may make use of substitute driver if a full time driver cannot make a meeting. This substitute driver is eligible to score points for the drivers championship, and towards the points for the team they are driving for that meeting. A team has a maximum of 2 substitutes per season. Any further substitutes, and the replacement driver will not score points for the team they are driving for. Substitute drivers must be made aware to the series runners before commencing the race meeting itself.

Race Rules

Safety Car Rules

There will be no designated ‘safety car’ vehicle utilised in our championships. Due to the limited nature of online race lobbies. However TORA does operate general safety car regulations which provide a similar outcome, utilising the lead vehicle in the lobby to slow the cars to a safe speed whilst any obstruction is cleared from the circuit, or allowing affected competitors to repair any damage and catch up with the rest of the field.

When the Safety Car Is Used
The Safety Car will only be deployed if an incident or incidents occur between three or more competitors that severly impairs all competitors involved. Only a driver involved in the incident may request the safety car, and make the request to the Lobby Captain. The Lobby Captain may seek the opinions of other competitors, before making the decision to activate the safety car period.

The Safety Car may not be requested during the final two laps of a race.

Forming a Safety Car Period
In the event of a safety car period being called, the lead car takes the role of the Safety Car or Pace Car. The Safety Car must not exceed 80MPH and the pack must form in current race position in single file.

Conduct During Safety Car Period
Drivers involved in the incident should form at the back of the pack, in order of relative position before the incident, unless there is an obvious instigator. Competitors must keep a reasonable distance during the Safety Car Period. Brake testing during the Safety Car period will not be tolerated and may lead to penalties, either race meeting or championship. Warming of tyres is permitted but must be undertaken in a safe manner with due consideration given to other competitors. Competitors who leave the track by their own volition during the Safety Car period may be passed by the rest of the pack and the competitor will form at the back of the field.

Drivers not involved in the incident may pit during a Safety Car Period, but will become resume the race at the back of the field. If the grid has not formed by the time the pole sitter reaches the pit lane entrance, the safety car may continue for another lap. It is YOUR duty to ensure the safety of your fellow competitors.

Race Meeting Set-Up

We ask that all competitors are on Xbox live 15 minutes prior to the start of the race meeting, and appear online. Anyone signed up to the championship who is online before 8pm GMT will get an automatic invite to each meeting. Certain factors may come into account, such as if there are 16 people racing, and one person who hasn't posted in would cause a split lobby of 9 and 8 in each lobby.

QUALIFYING

Event qualifying will begin at 8pm. Apart from if someone has already attempted to join a lobby but had connection issues, there are no exceptions to this start time.

TORA’s ‘Live Timing’ system will be updated prior to the race meeting with who your lobby host will be for qualifying, and will be updated during the meeting with the results. One invite will be sent out to all race entrants. This invite will also denote your qualifying lobby.

If a connection issue is apparent please contact the race director or lobby host as soon as possible and they will do their best to ensure you can connect to the qualifying lobby.

Competitors who are not connected to the host’s room at the start time without reason stated before the start time of the race meeting will not be able to take part in qualifying. The qualifying session will should no later than 5 minutes from the designated race meeting start time.

Settings
- A 6 second roll off delay will be in effect to accommodate a greater opportunity for clean running and driving concentration. Collisions will be set off, and damaged will be limited.
- Qualifying is set to 4 laps, 1 warm-up lap, 2 qualifying laps, and the last is used for the lobby hosts to collect times before competitors cross the line to finish the session. "Clean" qualifying laps are over "Dirty" laps. A slower "Clean" lap will start the race ahead of a quicker "dirty" lap. Make it count!
- Once Qualifying is over, ‘Live Timing’ will be updated along with who will host the various racing lobbies. TORA will ensure that this process is completed as quickly as possible but please expect a minimum of a 10 minute break after the qualifying session for which the TORA team will set up race lobbies.
- Any driver who had not set a qualifying time will be able to join the race at the back of the field, upon the race directors approval.

RACE

Apart from if someone has already attempted to join a lobby but had connection issues, there are no exceptions to race start time.

TORA’s ‘Live Timing’ system will be updated after qualifying has taken place to update you who your lobby host will be. We ask that all competitors remain on Xbox live for the start of the race. ONE invite will be sent out to all race entrants. This will denote your race lobby. If a connection issue is apparent please contact the race director or lobby host ASAP and they will do their best to ensure you can connect to the race lobby.

Race 1 - Start time - 8:30pm UK Time - Grid will be the results of the qualifying session. All drivers with "clean" laps in qualifying will be before all drivers who set "dirty" laps. The race begins in this order by a rolling start.
Race 2 - Start time - 9:00pm Uk Time - Grid will be the results of the race one results. The race begins in this order by a rolling start.

Rolling Start
Competitors will perform a single Formation lap to set the grid positions, before a rolling start on lap 2 begins race conditions. We ask all competitors to listen to the lobby host for what speed they should drive on the parade lap. Competitors are asked not to move until the lobby host reads out the grid order and confirms when they can move off. We ask that competitors do not race one-another in the formation lap as to not interfere with the grid order, any resulting infringements will be reported to the race director and penalties may be given.

To achieve a rolling start the competitors may be led by the lead car until the start signal is given. All rolling starts must be in 2 x 2 formation. Once the lead driver reaches a pre-designated section on the track (usually the final corner), they shall let the pack bunch up side by side in a two by two formation. the lead driver is given the choice what side he wishes to begin the race on, and all following competitors must follow this lead.

When all drivers are in position and the field are all on the start / finish straight, getting confirmation from the last driver that all are in position, the lead driver may start racing conditions by shouting "Go" and accelerating.

Under no circumstance shall any competitor be allowed to pass the vehicle in front until they have passed the start and finish line. Should a car overtake another before the line, the offending driver must give the place back within 3 corners, or penalties will be given out.

Mandatory Pit Stops
There will be no mandatory pit-stops in this championship.

Settings
- Collisions during all races will be on, and set with Limited Damage. All driving aids will be available, apart from ABS, STM and auto-brake. Steering will be a choice between "simulation" & "normal" due to issues made aware by Fanatec for wheel users.
- Each race will be approximately 15mins in length, denoted by a set number of laps. Racing conditions begin from the rolling start all the way to the chequered flag, racing to end the lobby race session.

===========================================================================================
TORA Classic GT Championship Calendar
11th February 2012 - Catalunya GP
18th February 2012 - Nurburgring GP
10th March 2012 - Silverstone GP
31st March 2012 - Hockenheimring
14th April 2012 - Road America

TORA Classic GT Championship Carlist
All cars have a limit of PI600.
All cars must be fitted with front and rear Forza Aero where applicable.
All cars must be fitted with race tyres, unless the PI doesn't allow.
All cars must be RWD.

Group A - 1995-2002
Group B - 1970-1994
Group C - pre1969

Last edited by Simon on Sat 11 Feb 2012 - 18:47; edited 1 time in total

twitch.tv/Biggsy
Biggsy tv
Biggsy tv

TORA Race Number : 441
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 7494
Registration date : 2009-05-23

http://www.twitch.tv/Biggsy

Back to top Go down

TORA Classic GT Championship Empty Re: TORA Classic GT Championship

Post by Biggsy tv Fri 23 Dec 2011 - 19:24

Entry List :

A - CMGraphix - Dodge Viper GTS
A - lfcnicklfc - Nissan Skyline GT-R V
C - Rollin InAn STi - Shelby Cobra 427
C - ATR DAN - Aston Martin DBR1
C - Stonewall458 - Aston Martin DBR1
C - garyp3398 - Maserati 300 S

Last edited by Simon on Mon 6 Feb 2012 - 22:20; edited 2 times in total

twitch.tv/Biggsy
Biggsy tv
Biggsy tv

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonewall458 Fri 23 Dec 2011 - 20:38

Where/When can I sign up?
Stonewall458
Stonewall458

Number of posts : 1560
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggsy tv Fri 23 Dec 2011 - 20:43

Read it from the start again

twitch.tv/Biggsy
Biggsy tv
Biggsy tv

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonewall458 Fri 23 Dec 2011 - 20:45

Embarassed
Stonewall458
Stonewall458

Number of posts : 1560
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartan LXVIII Mon 26 Dec 2011 - 22:51

No restrictions on hp or weight ?
Spartan LXVIII
Spartan LXVIII

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2011-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Diablo 29x Tue 27 Dec 2011 - 2:43

This looks fun but I have a quick comment on this. The '80 Lotus Esprit is an A-Class leader board car, with top times on Road America and Indy... That may not be a fair car to have on this list.

just my 2 cents... thanks

Sole Owner of the Meme Cannon™️

TORA Classic GT Championship Rib110
TORA Classic GT Championship Acco11
2021 TEC 24 Rennen in der Grunen Holle - SP-T Class Champion (Ryzeing Light Racing)
2021 WeePrix NA: Champion
2022 TEC 24 Heures du Mulsanne - Overall/P1 Class Champion (ESV Floppa)
2023 Porsche SuperCup NA: 3rd Overall
2023 Ferrari Challenge NA: 1st Overall

Diablo 29x

TORA Race Number : 29
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3628
Registration date : 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Tue 27 Dec 2011 - 13:28

This series isn't exactly a very serious one, it's just a bit of fun on the Saturday's so I wouldn't expect the cars to be very well balanced or anything. I'll just say one thing though, Ian and I built a few cars last night and it really is so unbalanced that it's funny at times Razz

TORA Classic GT Championship C7LquN0
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Diablo 29x Tue 27 Dec 2011 - 14:47

Ohh okay, sounds good to me. After making a few cars last night, I think that Group C will be very interesting to drive in Very Happy

Sole Owner of the Meme Cannon™️

TORA Classic GT Championship Rib110
TORA Classic GT Championship Acco11
2021 TEC 24 Rennen in der Grunen Holle - SP-T Class Champion (Ryzeing Light Racing)
2021 WeePrix NA: Champion
2022 TEC 24 Heures du Mulsanne - Overall/P1 Class Champion (ESV Floppa)
2023 Porsche SuperCup NA: 3rd Overall
2023 Ferrari Challenge NA: 1st Overall

Diablo 29x

TORA Race Number : 29
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3628
Registration date : 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggsy tv Sun 8 Jan 2012 - 23:10

Entry List updated

twitch.tv/Biggsy
Biggsy tv
Biggsy tv

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by ATR DAN Sun 8 Jan 2012 - 23:15

Conner's driving in the same car/team as me Simon.
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

TORA Race Number : 7
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4872
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggsy tv Sun 8 Jan 2012 - 23:21

Ah, ok I dont member a new entry being Pm'd, not to worry

twitch.tv/Biggsy
Biggsy tv
Biggsy tv

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by ATR DAN Sun 8 Jan 2012 - 23:23

I pm'd you a couple of weeks ago with the team entry.
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

TORA Race Number : 7
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4872
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke of Bruno Mon 6 Feb 2012 - 23:28

Wow! How the hell did I miss this?

Definitely want to participate in this. Just gotta find myself a car first.
Duke of Bruno
Duke of Bruno

TORA Race Number : 79
Number of posts : 1964
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by GTR Evoluzione Tue 7 Feb 2012 - 14:10

Duke of Bruno wrote:Wow! How the hell did I miss this?

ditto!! this looks awesome..

mmm Italian and wedge shaped..
GTR Evoluzione
GTR Evoluzione

Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2009-06-09

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8433988@N08/

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggsy tv Sat 11 Feb 2012 - 18:53

3 years on, the 2009 Le Mans Series GT3 Viper makes its return!!

twitch.tv/Biggsy
Biggsy tv
Biggsy tv

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by lfcnicklfc Sat 11 Feb 2012 - 23:37

Damn, won't be able to make next weekends races at Nurb GP! Firstly as i'm going out for a meal but mainly because of the fact that my Forza disk won't even let me load the track it just freezes my xbox Razz
lfcnicklfc
lfcnicklfc

TORA Race Number : 11
Number of posts : 3589
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke of Bruno Mon 13 Feb 2012 - 16:12

lfcnicklfc wrote:... my Forza disk won't even let me load the track it just freezes my xbox Razz
hmmmmm...

I had a similar issue in Forza 3. Trying to run a B Class event at Motegi East my xbox would freeze when trying to load the race. I tried reinstalling the game to the hard drive and clearing the memory cache to no avail. About a month or two later my xbox hard drive went completely wonky. I had managed to move most of my saved game data onto a USB before my xbox hard drive had become completely unusable.
Duke of Bruno
Duke of Bruno

TORA Race Number : 79
Number of posts : 1964
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by lfcnicklfc Mon 13 Feb 2012 - 16:15

It's happened to me before on different games, i normally download the disc to hard drive as soon as i got the game, but i forgot to do that with Forza 4 so by the time i went to do it it was too late and my disc was scratched and wouldn't let me install it.
lfcnicklfc
lfcnicklfc

TORA Race Number : 11
Number of posts : 3589
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR DarthMario Mon 13 Feb 2012 - 17:07

Can I switch to the 1995 Mustang Cobra R for the remainder of this Classic GT series?

TORA Classic GT Championship 4CehZCuTORA Classic GT Championship 1Im0ehJTORA Classic GT Championship AZBlrjnTORA Classic GT Championship SSaUnAU
TORA Classic GT Championship KlHMZuJTORA Classic GT Championship 1vuHXh0TORA Classic GT Championship FoUH4rWTORA Classic GT Championship N9zGJcN
LMR DarthMario
LMR DarthMario

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 8184
Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Mon 13 Feb 2012 - 17:22

Im thinking of changing car too
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggsy tv Mon 13 Feb 2012 - 18:38

You can do whatever you liiiiiiiiiiike! Razz

twitch.tv/Biggsy
Biggsy tv
Biggsy tv

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Mon 13 Feb 2012 - 18:41

nice one
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR DarthMario Mon 13 Feb 2012 - 19:34

Good to hear Simon. Smile found a sweet paint for the '95 Mustang Cobra this weekend, and wanna run it. Very Happy its a locked livery, and the number on the side of the car isn't my TORA number, so I hope that's alright

TORA Classic GT Championship 4CehZCuTORA Classic GT Championship 1Im0ehJTORA Classic GT Championship AZBlrjnTORA Classic GT Championship SSaUnAU
TORA Classic GT Championship KlHMZuJTORA Classic GT Championship 1vuHXh0TORA Classic GT Championship FoUH4rWTORA Classic GT Championship N9zGJcN
LMR DarthMario
LMR DarthMario

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 8184
Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by DeweyTee Fri 17 Feb 2012 - 2:54

To the powers that may be...... if possible I would like to swap back to the Audi R8. Being down at the bottom of points anyway, I might as well enjoy driving the car! Took the R8 around the ring and with a legal tune it's 2.3 seconds quicker than the sorry DBS. please change me........
DeweyTee
DeweyTee

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2011-12-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next