TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
ATTN: Race format and other important "STUFF" EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
ATTN: Race format and other important "STUFF" EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
ATTN: Race format and other important "STUFF" EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
ATTN: Race format and other important "STUFF" EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
ATTN: Race format and other important "STUFF" EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
ATTN: Race format and other important "STUFF" EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
ATTN: Race format and other important "STUFF" EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
ATTN: Race format and other important "STUFF" EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
ATTN: Race format and other important "STUFF" EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

ATTN: Race format and other important "STUFF"

4 posters

Go down

ATTN: Race format and other important "STUFF" Empty ATTN: Race format and other important "STUFF"

Post by Guest Mon 24 Nov 2008 - 14:58

Right, the rules are made, but I dont think they have been posted yet?.....

When ck is next on, he will post them.

Anyway, the whole race format has changed this season, so I though I would highlight them, so you can ask any questions about it if you are not sure here.

Before I get on to them, I want to mention the race will be an hour earlier than last season. That means the race will be started at 8.00pm GMT, so try and get on a few minutes earlier.

Here is the race format in the words of ck:

"
Qualifying

Each event will see one qualifying session take place prior to the first race.

This will follow in the official BGTA format:
- 1 warm up lap
- 2 qualifying laps
- 1 slow down lap

Competitors must not cross the line on the slow down lap until all times have been collated and grid order determined by the BGTA official presiding.

Collisions will be turned off for this session.

Tyre wear and fuel will be set to simulation.

Damage will be set to limited.

Traction Control, Stability Management and Anti-lock Brakes will be turned off.

Races

Each meeting of the BTCC will consist of three races.

Lobbies will be arranged in order of fastest to slowest depending upon qualifying times. Competitors will be spread in even numbers across the lobbies.

The grid order of race one will be determined by times from qualifying. Grid order of race two will be based upon the finishing positions from race one. Grid order of race three will be the reverse of race two’s final positions.

When race three is reversed, so too are the points available – the slowest qualifying lobby will earn maximum points.

Each race will consist of 6-10 laps of the track.

Non-finishers in a race will begin the subsequent race in last position, based upon dropout order, irrespective of how the grid for that race is decided. If a competitor lags out, they will score only 1 point.

Collisions will be turned on.

Damage will be set to limited.

Tyre wear and fuel will be set to simulation.

Traction Control, Stability Management and Anti-Lock Brakes will be forced off.
"

Right.

The qualifying is straight forward, so that needs no explaination.

With the race format though, here is how it wil work:

- First off, it is split into 3 equal rounds of 7-10 lap races depending on the length of track.

- Race 1 will use new lobbies of fastest to slowest from qualifying. Now, qualifying is very import this season, as once you get placed in a race lobby, there will be no more lobby changes.

- For race 2, you will remain in your lobby. It will be the same as race 1, but the grid will be in order of finishes from Race 1.

- Race 3 is where it gets more complicated. You will stay in your lobby. The grid will be reversed from the finishing plaes of Race 2. However, the twist is that not only are the grid positions reversed, but so to are the points.

Here is an example of points for Race 3:

30, 28, 26, 24, 22, 20, 18, 16, 14, 12, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

Lobby 1:
Driver 1: 8pts
Driver 2: 7pts
Driver 3: 6pts
Driver 4: 5pts
Driver 5: 4pts
Driver 6: 3pts

Lobby 2:
Driver 1: 18pts
Driver 2: 16pts
Driver 3: 14pts
Driver 4: 12pts
Driver 5: 10pts
Driver 6: 9pts

Lobby 3:
Driver 1: 30pts
Driver 2: 28pts
Driver 3: 26pts
Driver 4: 24pts
Driver 5: 22pts
Driver 6: 20pts

This means that for the top lobby, you must maximise points from the first 2 races, then minimise points loss in the 3rd race by getting a high finish.

It then gives the bottom lobby a chance to win good points to keep competition tight throughout the season.

Say for example you are a quick driver, but have a terrible qualifying. You end up in bottom lobby, and the new rule means you cant get into a higher lobby. In the first 2 races, you will win. Race 3, points are reversed giving you a great opertunity to get some decent points. Remember however, the grid positions are also reversed, giving him a chance to get good points, but still have to work for them.

So, if you have any questions please ask. I apologise for my rushed explainations!

Last edited by iGr Short Sh1ft on Fri 28 Nov 2008 - 12:10; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

ATTN: Race format and other important "STUFF" Empty Re: ATTN: Race format and other important "STUFF"

Post by Guest Mon 24 Nov 2008 - 15:04

I like the race 3 rules BUT didn't we try limited damage in the BGT and it was a disaster???

Back to top Go down

ATTN: Race format and other important "STUFF" Empty Re: ATTN: Race format and other important "STUFF"

Post by Guest Mon 24 Nov 2008 - 15:09

Yes we did, but these cars are sooooo much more controlable. We will give it a good go, and if it goes badly, will will not be afraid to change the rules Smile

Im glad you like the format though. It was cks suggestion that I hated at first. When he described it fully, I began to love it, and in the end, I was the one fighting for it, where the others were unsure Wink

The only problem is if we have more than 3 lobbies, as Lobby 1 will score no points for race 3. However, I doubt that will happen. If it does then the points will get reviewed.

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR The Butcher Mon 24 Nov 2008 - 15:33

loving your work. the 3rd race rules make it a much fairer playing field for sure!
CQR The Butcher
CQR The Butcher

Number of posts : 933
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Nov 2008 - 15:38

if you look at the sign ups I think we will get 2-3 lobbies

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Mon 24 Nov 2008 - 16:36

Good idea, A good way to look at it would be as a form of success ballast
nickyf1
nickyf1

TORA Race Number : 271
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 10770
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR The Butcher Mon 24 Nov 2008 - 21:20

not sure about having to nominate 2 out 3 drivers each race... Shocked
CQR The Butcher
CQR The Butcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Nov 2008 - 21:22

AJtheButcher wrote:not sure about having to nominate 2 out 3 drivers each race... Shocked

Its something that we decided to implement to put mor emphasis into team practice. It comes from the real BTCC, and it will make for some interesting decisions in the balanced driver teams! Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR The Butcher Mon 24 Nov 2008 - 21:27

no s*t.. lol Smile
CQR The Butcher
CQR The Butcher

Back to top Go down

Post by culchi Wed 26 Nov 2008 - 9:53

plus you can really use the third driver to advantage slowing down the field or helping the other 2 draft etc

culchi

Number of posts : 1623
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Wed 26 Nov 2008 - 15:06

There is that.... (its also more of a WRC rule) also means that teams are compelled to get three cars to more or less the same level so that you can be taking points off the other guys (or girls if we get any) with the third car..... I think that makes sense?!?
Matt
Matt

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14648
Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down