TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
my sincerest appologies EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
my sincerest appologies EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
my sincerest appologies EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
my sincerest appologies EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
my sincerest appologies EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
my sincerest appologies EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
my sincerest appologies EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
my sincerest appologies EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
my sincerest appologies EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

my sincerest appologies

+4
AAR corwinMB
Zeta0085
Ax4x Mikey J
theboomeranga
8 posters

Go down

my sincerest appologies Empty my sincerest appologies

Post by theboomeranga Sat 30 Jun 2012 - 22:52

hey guys, i just want to give everyone that was involved in the Lobby B for stint 4 my sincerest appologies about my participation in the event. i didn't think i would be lagging so much becuase i couldn't see anything wrong, then as the race continued and P1 cars started over taking me, it became an evident problem. I am sorry if i destroyed everyones race, that is as far away from what i was trying to do as possible, i was there to race like everyone else. I thought it would be a nice close race as the first sector showed this, but coming into the michelin cicane itbegan to drop, rapidly.
to CMGraphix, i'm sorry for destroying your well planned lobby becuase you seemed very angry at me at the end of it when you were trying to get my distance, i hope i haven't annoyed you and given myself a bad reputation, i am currently trying to fix the problem before the next stint, if anyone could help me out, that would be amazing,
so very sorry guys and i'll try fix it soon
cheers
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

TORA Race Number : 31
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7110
Registration date : 2011-12-02

https://www.facebook.com/NSR.Esports1

Back to top Go down

my sincerest appologies Empty Re: my sincerest appologies

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Sat 30 Jun 2012 - 22:57

I have to give you credit for accepting the blame.

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Sat 30 Jun 2012 - 23:06

it's one of those things that i couldn't fix at the time and only learning to now, hopefully i'll have it fixed in time for my next stin (6)
just hope everyone involved accepts my appologies
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

PC Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeta0085 Sat 30 Jun 2012 - 23:50

I hope I won't be making one myself tonight. Again, I will be at a friend's house so this should alleviate some lag on my end.
Zeta0085
Zeta0085

PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1637
Registration date : 2012-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Sat 30 Jun 2012 - 23:56

i'm gonna swith the wireless off for it
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

PC Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by AAR corwinMB Sun 1 Jul 2012 - 3:19

i accept your apologies but i made a poor decision when passing you at arnage in the first place. I didnt want to cut the corner and get penalized so i tried to go as tight to the apex as possible hoping youd be far enough out i would miss you and well, i didnt...but its a racing incident and these things happen. Look at the last 2 or 3 years of the Le Mans... not the first time a 458 italia ruined a prototypes car Razz So sleep easy knowing im not mad at you - while its fierce competition we have to remember its just a game
AAR corwinMB
AAR corwinMB

TORA Race Number : 132
Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2012-04-27

http://ifcaracing.com

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Sun 1 Jul 2012 - 3:32

Thanks, I know it's racing and these things happen but I'm one of those people that feel like its my fault, thanks for not being bad
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

PC Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by AAR corwinMB Sun 1 Jul 2012 - 3:48

i feel bad about messing up posixmosh - hes been a consistant racer and a great guy since i met him and a unexpected lag bomb ruined his stint. Like i said these things happen its no ones fault.
AAR corwinMB
AAR corwinMB

TORA Race Number : 132
Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2012-04-27

http://ifcaracing.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Sun 1 Jul 2012 - 9:39

I may have seemed like a wussy for avoiding close quarters racing in my stints, but I have found the best way to avoid lag induced wrecks is to give lots of space between myself and others. Having had races ruined by lag, I decided to take the safe route and simply not jeopardize my team's standing in the 24 and let people by and give lots of room.

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by xVampirAx Sun 1 Jul 2012 - 10:06

i would like to add own apologies,im sorry to my team that i was racing for in this event and that i was unaware that i wasnt showing online and that one of other drivers in the team had to take my place also im sorry for not turning up for the 8am stint as i thought it was time to get online but once i looked at the clock it turned out to be later than i thought i would be,i feel bad for letting the whole team down and i hope you are not at me for this.
xVampirAx
xVampirAx

TORA Race Number : 222
Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2012-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandown46 Mon 2 Jul 2012 - 13:22

Flyin Mikey J wrote:I may have seemed like a wussy for avoiding close quarters racing in my stints, but I have found the best way to avoid lag induced wrecks is to give lots of space between myself and others. Having had races ruined by lag, I decided to take the safe route and simply not jeopardize my team's standing in the 24 and let people by and give lots of room.

I think you were quite right to be honest. I was running close with 3 others (Zeta, Red and someone else, BG Papa?) and we got a lag spike as we braked into the chicane, I took a hit from the front, which got me sliding into everyone like skittles, I know I took big damage, as did Zeta. Gutted for all of us, sometimes, the fickle nature of the internet can be cruel. Sad
Mandown46
Mandown46

TORA Race Number : 93
Number of posts : 391
Registration date : 2012-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Mon 2 Jul 2012 - 13:57

Mandown46 wrote:Gutted for all of us, sometimes, the fickle nature of the internet can be cruel. Sad
I like to think that the unreliability of the internet is like the unreliability of a real car. It could go at any moment, something might go wrong and you'll crash, and despite whatever you've done to secure it, something still might break; it's always on your mind, and it's what could cost you the race if it's not.
Standaman94
Standaman94

TORA Race Number : 94
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7383
Registration date : 2010-07-14

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CRA Project182R Mon 2 Jul 2012 - 14:15

GRT 458Italia wrote:hey guys, i just want to give everyone that was involved in the Lobby B for stint 4 my sincerest appologies about my participation in the event. i didn't think i would be lagging so much becuase i couldn't see anything wrong, then as the race continued and P1 cars started over taking me, it became an evident problem. I am sorry if i destroyed everyones race, that is as far away from what i was trying to do as possible, i was there to race like everyone else. I thought it would be a nice close race as the first sector showed this, but coming into the michelin cicane itbegan to drop, rapidly.
to CMGraphix, i'm sorry for destroying your well planned lobby becuase you seemed very angry at me at the end of it when you were trying to get my distance, i hope i haven't annoyed you and given myself a bad reputation, i am currently trying to fix the problem before the next stint, if anyone could help me out, that would be amazing,
so very sorry guys and i'll try fix it soon
cheers

I didn't come across you until stint 11 mate, the lobby host instructed you to wait until last at the start to avoid issues, which you did. From that point every time I came past you went out of your way to avoid a collision. I thought you were most considerate and say "thank you".
CRA Project182R
CRA Project182R

TORA Race Number : 782
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2009-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Mon 2 Jul 2012 - 16:46

Mandown46 wrote:
Flyin Mikey J wrote:I may have seemed like a wussy for avoiding close quarters racing in my stints, but I have found the best way to avoid lag induced wrecks is to give lots of space between myself and others. Having had races ruined by lag, I decided to take the safe route and simply not jeopardize my team's standing in the 24 and let people by and give lots of room.

I think you were quite right to be honest. I was running close with 3 others (Zeta, Red and someone else, BG Papa?) and we got a lag spike as we braked into the chicane, I took a hit from the front, which got me sliding into everyone like skittles, I know I took big damage, as did Zeta. Gutted for all of us, sometimes, the fickle nature of the internet can be cruel. Sad

I think that was in stint 7 or 8? Somewhere in your late overnight/my evening hours. And yes, that is the sort of thing I tried hard to avoid. The only car I spent a whole stint drafting with was the red HBB Corvette team with AceNemesis driving it, as I figured out early on that our connections were very compatible, and thus lag free.

Issues such as the lag spike you encountered are the inspiration for my new sig. \/

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeta0085 Mon 2 Jul 2012 - 19:08

Twas around those, me thinks it was seven. I remember watching the viper get closer and me yelling "Brake-brake-brake-brake!!". And then she turned sideways. Think I braked too early, so I take some fault on that.

As for the damage, it was do-able. I regret putting more aero for the sake of handling the turns.
Zeta0085
Zeta0085

PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1637
Registration date : 2012-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum