TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TORA Spec Miata - Schedule and Rules - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TORA Spec Miata - Schedule and Rules - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TORA Spec Miata - Schedule and Rules - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA Spec Miata - Schedule and Rules - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA Spec Miata - Schedule and Rules - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA Spec Miata - Schedule and Rules - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA Spec Miata - Schedule and Rules - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA Spec Miata - Schedule and Rules - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA Spec Miata - Schedule and Rules - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA Spec Miata - Schedule and Rules

+16
JINXaPHRENIC
LastNewtStandin
Ax4x Bandit
LMR DarthMario
Ax4x Chaddy
Hainesy
DTR Rock
JKGrizzle
Richy59
AMR of the Apex
Morne in Glory
ALFREDOS NL
DeweyTee
EZT Challenger
RumbleBee 392
Ax4x Mikey J
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

TORA Spec Miata - Schedule and Rules - Page 2 Empty Re: TORA Spec Miata - Schedule and Rules

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Wed 9 Jan 2013 - 4:30

BG Hainesy wrote:Was going to enter but with no racing/brake line I'd be screwed, hope this is not implemented in other series.

Here's the deal with my braking line assist off, as well as the other assists off, rule for this series...

I feel that sim racing should be as sim as possible.

F1 banned driver's assists to further emphasize driving talent. I know i am not that great a driver, but I don't use artificial aides either. Seems many drivers who beat me by a wide margin are using some assists to do so. Take away those enhancements, and that gap shrinks quite a bit, as everyone is making some of the same mistakes that I always do.

I am not calling for an all out ban on assists in every series, nor do I do so in every series that I host. But, as the real world SCCA Spec Miata is a grassroots low cost entry level racing series, where technolgy such as TCS and STM would be banned, I feel that to keep it as real as possible, the assists should be Off here as well.

Sorry for the long reply, but I wanted to attempt to explain this as fully and clearly as possible.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

TORA Spec Miata - Schedule and Rules - Page 2 Empty Re: TORA Spec Miata - Schedule and Rules

Post by RumbleBee 392 Wed 9 Jan 2013 - 4:33

The no-assist cool bud, we've chatted about that before lol I'm just gettin tired of ppl badgering and/or critizing those that do use the assist.

I'm sure hainsey will join after he tries the car Wink Almost a week till green flag!
RumbleBee 392
RumbleBee 392

Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3126
Registration date : 2012-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Wed 9 Jan 2013 - 4:43

Not to criticize, after all everyone plays the game differently, but all with the end goal of maximizing their enjoyment.

For me, I'd rather keep things realistic and lose a bit of time here and there than I would making the game less realistic even if I were a bit quicker in doing so.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by RumbleBee 392 Wed 9 Jan 2013 - 4:52

I hear ya, and it is a lot of fun. And I enjoy it when you do series like this one, but when I tryed to pitch it to hainsey. A comment came after that was not needed :/
RumbleBee 392
RumbleBee 392

Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3126
Registration date : 2012-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by JINXaPHRENIC Wed 9 Jan 2013 - 7:31

Okay... I'd like to run this being a no assist racer... How exactly do I join this???

JINXaPHRENIC

TORA Race Number : 186
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2013-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Wed 9 Jan 2013 - 7:54

^ You figured it out before I saw the request.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by JINXaPHRENIC Wed 9 Jan 2013 - 8:55

Yeah, I got a little smarter after posting on here... LoL...

JINXaPHRENIC

TORA Race Number : 186
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2013-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Fri 11 Jan 2013 - 20:17

BG Hainesy wrote:
FranchittiFan wrote:Im still really confused why drivers use a braking line.
Because of the reduced visibility you have in videogames, the line helps to lessen this problem. In a real car you can easily spot brake markers etc but its a lot harder to see them in games.

You are sitting stationary in your house... I find it harder to find braking points at speed, under G loads, and with all the little bumps and vibrations found on track in a car. Rolling Eyes
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Hainesy Fri 11 Jan 2013 - 21:19

Flyin Mikey J wrote:
BG Hainesy wrote:
FranchittiFan wrote:Im still really confused why drivers use a braking line.
Because of the reduced visibility you have in videogames, the line helps to lessen this problem. In a real car you can easily spot brake markers etc but its a lot harder to see them in games.

You are sitting stationary in your house... I find it harder to find braking points at speed, under G loads, and with all the little bumps and vibrations found on track in a car. Rolling Eyes
Everyones different, I find it far easier judging speed and braking points when racing on a real track. Last thing I want to do is ruin someones race by nerfing them.
Hainesy
Hainesy

TORA Race Number : 446
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1618
Registration date : 2012-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by JAMIE ANDERS0N Wed 16 Jan 2013 - 21:50

The start time puts me off this but they maybe a time when I am up at that hour, could you send me the vynals and I can get a car put together in case I can turn up one evening
JAMIE ANDERS0N
JAMIE ANDERS0N

TORA Race Number : 76
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6805
Registration date : 2008-10-19

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW tubbi Wed 16 Jan 2013 - 22:28

I run with the braking line on out of habit.
I'll set the scene, in a public lobby, using lots of different cars alot of which behave badly and loosely to be fast, the braking line is almost always wrong but still gives at least some reference to a braking zone and it has saved me from being punted off by others many times.
I understand the argument for it being off but some lesser drivers genuinely have a problem with braking or the judging of it, particularly at the end of a long straight.

Running without it does not bother me but I must admit, if the accidental punting becomes too much of an interference with the racing I will not continue with the series, after all,I do this for the fun, the challenge and the clean hard racing.
PLOW tubbi
PLOW tubbi

Number of posts : 1763
Registration date : 2008-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Thu 17 Jan 2013 - 1:23

^ About half the Winter Heat races were run w/o unrealistic assists with vey few issues.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Sat 19 Jan 2013 - 22:14

Due to issues that were incurred at the opening round, there have been revisions to the restarts:

New Restart Policy: No more than three, and if there is a third restart required, damage will get turned to COSMETIC so that there is no reason for any more Period. Also, if you are involved in an incident that causes a restart, you will be moved to the rear of the grid, thus all restarts will be a rolling start.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by WReXRacer Wed 6 Feb 2013 - 1:01

Not sure if this is the correct place but a couple questions:

1)How important is a good livery? I have the car built and my numbers, TORA stickers, but am not that good as I have never done design work before. Everything is big and legible though.

2)For the qualifying and race, do I wait for invite or do I need to message some one for this? I feel a little stupid asking this as I feel I should have read it some where but just don't know. Thanks everyone and looking forward to this.
WReXRacer
WReXRacer

Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by JIM TacticaL365 Wed 6 Feb 2013 - 1:12

YOU GET INVITED MATE BUT YOU HAVE TO SIGN IN ON THE RACE SIGN IN BIT EACH WEEK
JIM TacticaL365
JIM TacticaL365

TORA Race Number : 365
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Wed 6 Feb 2013 - 1:25

WRexRacer: One way to help me with the invite procedure is to send me a XBL PM between now and race time. That way I have your gamertag in my database and can send you an invite on short notice come Friday.

Thanks.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2