TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
MSA TORA GT World Championship - Results & Standings - Page 14 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
MSA TORA GT World Championship - Results & Standings - Page 14 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
MSA TORA GT World Championship - Results & Standings - Page 14 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
MSA TORA GT World Championship - Results & Standings - Page 14 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
MSA TORA GT World Championship - Results & Standings - Page 14 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
MSA TORA GT World Championship - Results & Standings - Page 14 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
MSA TORA GT World Championship - Results & Standings - Page 14 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
MSA TORA GT World Championship - Results & Standings - Page 14 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
MSA TORA GT World Championship - Results & Standings - Page 14 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

MSA TORA GT World Championship - Results & Standings

+51
LAPI74
Texaspotatolord
ATR DAN
CreamyTastey
PROD DTechR
CredibleWizard
Amarth
Adder 020
SnippetyOggy86
Markius Fox
AMR of the Apex
SorrySmithy
BAM Python
tsaFooT
BG Scarlett
Morne in Glory
CQR D4N13L
Ax4x Chaddy
TG Wormburner
Ax4x Cowboy
Wooflers
F4H Lotterer
XXX Skyrocket
CD 195
BG Wingnut396
WhoIsJohn117
LMR DarthMario
CQR Deuce
ART Carrera
BG Wumba
Richy59
PrInCeUKER
F4H Bullet
Hailfire97x
Crisis Nine
Hainesy
SFM Benedict
LastNewtStandin
CQR HABURi
TfR Milton
CQR Jono
The Posimosh
SECR Marko1100
CQR Rogue
JAMIE ANDERS0N
ShrinkingSteven
XPR Roadrunner
Ax4x Bandit
CQR Cobblepop
RumbleBee 392
CQR Aero
55 posters

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

MSA TORA GT World Championship - Results & Standings - Page 14 Empty Re: MSA TORA GT World Championship - Results & Standings

Post by BG Scarlett Mon 1 Apr 2013 - 22:22

CQR D4N13L wrote:OK guys, let's go about this amicably. Scarlett has already stated that this isn't against CQR or VAMR. It just happens to involve us this time. But they have a right to express their concerns on the rules or decisions made in this championship.

I also want to apologize to BG for my earlier post, where I said "Every time something benefits an AMR driver it's because TORA are biased towards V-AMR."

This wasn't aimed at them, it was an observation that it just seems that VAMR always get caught up in this stuff.

At the end of the day, it the holes in the rules that are making these problems. The only reason we're discussing this is because we're 2 of the few teams that finished the season.

Guys we stand together. Lets get this correct for next season.

Cheers

Like I have always said - I have the utmost respect for CQR - you are fast and very professional. It is always great racing with you gents.

Last edited by BG Scarlett on Mon 1 Apr 2013 - 22:25; edited 2 times in total
BG Scarlett
BG Scarlett

TORA Race Number : 106
Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2012-02-28

http://www.britishgamers.enjin.com

Back to top Go down

MSA TORA GT World Championship - Results & Standings - Page 14 Empty Re: MSA TORA GT World Championship - Results & Standings

Post by CQR Jono Mon 1 Apr 2013 - 22:22

BG Scarlett wrote:We are meant to be professional here and we should act accordingly.

Do you consider it professional to ruin the qualification of numerous drivers in a lobby by chatting throughout a session you are hosting?

Maybe those that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones Wink
CQR Jono
CQR Jono

TORA Race Number : 505
Number of posts : 898
Registration date : 2012-06-06

http://www.cqrclub.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by BG Scarlett Mon 1 Apr 2013 - 22:24

CQR Jono wrote:
BG Scarlett wrote:We are meant to be professional here and we should act accordingly.

Do you consider it professional to ruin the qualification of numerous drivers in a lobby by chatting throughout a session you are hosting?

Maybe those that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones Wink

Hmmm, throughout the whole session. Maybe a slight exaggeration!!!!

BG Scarlett
BG Scarlett

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Mon 1 Apr 2013 - 22:26

So are you admiting it then by saying it wasn't the whole session? lol

And I love the Nick lfc quote there Jono! lol

Last edited by CQR Franchitti on Mon 1 Apr 2013 - 22:33; edited 1 time in total
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by BG Scarlett Mon 1 Apr 2013 - 22:32

CQR Franchitti wrote:So are you admiting it then by saying it wasn't the whole season? lol

And I love the Nick lfc quote there Jono! lol

MSA TORA GT World Championship - Results & Standings - Page 14 Sticker375x360_zpsdb60d847

Session
BG Scarlett
BG Scarlett

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Mon 1 Apr 2013 - 22:34

I did go to specsavers lol my bad
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Mon 1 Apr 2013 - 23:17

My reasoning stands.

If a driver that completed 169 miles in a sub-A lobby gets a finish time that, when the start time adjustments are made, has a finish time that is effectively "before" the chequered flag, they are credited the extra lap.

Whether you agree with it or not, the rationale has always been that the driver's qualifying lap time (which is a proven time set by that driver - they may be able to go faster in the race) is added to their finish time to account for the extra lap travelled.

Everyone always assumes that this amounts to a super fast lap added at the end of a race when tyres will have gone off, but who is to say it couldn't be a lap tagged on to the beginning of the stint? OK so it's not perfect, but no solution other than everyone running in one big lobby will ever be a true representation of what would happen in a real race.

Using the F1 analogy is a complete farse because in F1 everyone would be on track together, and if a DNQ car managed to go fast enough to get past the slower cars and be on the lead lap, it'd happen on the track for everyone to see and that'd be the end of it.

In this case, the driver has driven at a pace fast enough to cover 172 miles, therefore has travelled at an equivalent pace to everyone else on that lap distance. If I were to credit a lap at the slowest qualifying time, that would not be the case. Hence why I have credited Shifty for doing "172 laps" times.

One of the GT4 drivers got an extra lap too, putting him up to 150 miles, and the same rationale was applied - a "150 laps" time was added to his finish time.

I welcome the discussion and am open to considering alternative rationales, but the "nudge nudge wink wink" conspiracy comments are unwelcome and unfair.

Regarding those who qualified in A lobby who were bumped down, I forgot to account for that in the lobby start times thing, and will deduct the penalties from your finish times.
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

TORA Race Number : 80
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6084
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.chrissiddallmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Morne in Glory Mon 1 Apr 2013 - 23:26

Thanks for clearing that up Chris
Morne in Glory
Morne in Glory

TORA Race Number : 305
Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2012-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by BG Wumba Mon 1 Apr 2013 - 23:36

Right Aero, so going from your previous decision 'which was on the spot' because that is the only way you could have done it with the results you have, plus it not actually being in the stated rules, with giving out qualification times for an extra lap they did not do.

Now, you have decided to give an extra lap down to as you put it your 'gauge' of his pace, how on earth you can do that without having no qualification laptime to go by is amazing, yes he did 172 miles, there's another fact, but you don't know whether the car in question had damage, tyres that were off the cliff such as mine on the last lap, YOU JUST DON'T KNOW, and to 'gauge' it as you put it, is incredible to say the least.

He did not qualify, that is the be all and end all of giving a laptime, so by being fair to all, it's plain and simple logic to give the slowest qualification laptime as that is all you can go by.
BG Wumba
BG Wumba

TORA Race Number : 43
Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Cowboy Mon 1 Apr 2013 - 23:40

Qualifying times being used was accepted before, as it had been used throughout the series, and so there is no issue with that.

If you are adding a lap on then by all means use a qualifying lap time because that is a verifiable data point that you have.

The F1 equivalent would be where a team has to convince the race director that they are fast enough to run and not be a hazard. Shifty being allowed to race essentially satisfies that requirement but what cannot be avoided is that he did not set a qualifying time.

Anything could happen in qualifying, any driver could lag out, pick up damage, run dirty laps etc. and not get a good qualifying time. In the event of that occurring, even a poor qualifying time should take preference over no qualifying time.

Giving a bonus lap based on what you think their race pace has shown is 100% different to giving someone a bonus lap based on what you know they can do based on their qualifying time.

By not taking part in the qualifying procedure you accept that you will start from the back and acknowledge that no matter what lap time someone else does in qualifying, their position will be ahead of yours on the grid. Therefore, the only lap time that would put you in the same position on the grid would be one equal to that of the slowest lap time set.
Ax4x Cowboy
Ax4x Cowboy

TORA Race Number : 259
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 960
Registration date : 2012-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooflers Mon 1 Apr 2013 - 23:57

A lot of discussion here!

The whole added lap thing - good if you have a qualifying time, not so good if you do. I agree with Cowboy with using the slowest time in the lobby - DNQ is riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight at the back.

For future series may I suggest DNQs also start from the pits Very Happy
Wooflers
Wooflers

TORA Race Number : 740
Number of posts : 2026
Registration date : 2011-12-04

http://www.koneball.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 1 Apr 2013 - 23:59

We have had a explanation from organisers accept that and move on now. I wouldnt blame any of the staff for doing what simon has and stepping down because its none stop lately with any series results.

Im sure if someone opens a feedback thread for S10 ideas for future series regarding results this can help avoid this again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Morne in Glory Tue 2 Apr 2013 - 0:04

Agreed
Morne in Glory
Morne in Glory

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Tue 2 Apr 2013 - 0:04

Championship is OVER lets MOVE ON.
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by BDR Blackbird Tue 2 Apr 2013 - 18:17

Just to add my thoughts to wrap this up, Aero made a call and it was his to make. Maybe none qualifiers should not get to race in the future.

Mourne Identity wrote:Just a quick one.....I qualified in a lobby but was put into c lobby because I couldn't connect to blackbird does that mean I get the penalty for the lobby...sorry for the change of subject Embarassed

Sorry Mourne but technically you should not have raced either, 3 invites and then we go is the rule. I'm glad you got into another lobby and look forward to racing with you again in the next series.
BDR Blackbird
BDR Blackbird

TORA Race Number : 101
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2012-03-03

http://www.blackDeathRacers.enjin.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Bandit Tue 2 Apr 2013 - 18:54

BG Blackbird wrote:Just to add my thoughts to wrap this up, Aero made a call and it was his to make. Maybe none qualifiers should not get to race in the future.

What if you weren't able to connect to the qualifying lobby, but you were still able to qualify?
Ax4x Bandit
Ax4x Bandit

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4104
Registration date : 2012-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Tue 2 Apr 2013 - 18:57

think thinking is bye bye split lobbies for forza 5 but thanks for feedback gt endurance will change for forza 5 and wont even look like this
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Morne in Glory Wed 3 Apr 2013 - 7:04

BG Blackbird wrote:Just to add my thoughts to wrap this up, Aero made a call and it was his to make. Maybe none qualifiers should not get to race in the future.

Mourne Identity wrote:Just a quick one.....I qualified in a lobby but was put into c lobby because I couldn't connect to blackbird does that mean I get the penalty for the lobby...sorry for the change of subject Embarassed

Sorry Mourne but technically you should not have raced either, 3 invites and then we go is the rule. I'm glad you got into another lobby and look forward to racing with you again in the next series.

I hear what your saying blackbird but I've never not been able to connect to anyone bar you and their was talk of backing up the lobby and starting a new one as their was not just me couldn't connect to you so I think its a bit harsh saying I shouldn't of raced...personally i think if more than 3 people cant connect to a host we should choose another host,like we said in the party only we didnt have time.
Morne in Glory
Morne in Glory

Back to top Go down

Post by SFM Benedict Wed 3 Apr 2013 - 12:45

i disagree with the DNQ shouldn't be able to race, i cant always make qually due to work and family commitments but i always do my best to get to the race i'm not fast anyway and last lobby is probably where i would normally be but the penalise someone for this reason would be wrong... we all have a real life aswell... i do enjoy the races with tora and have turned up to every race that i have entered so far and only missed 4 qually 3 in this series due to qually being at 7

SFM Benedict

TORA Race Number : 21
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 4053
Registration date : 2012-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooflers Thu 4 Apr 2013 - 1:12

Hmmm...

DNQs should just start from the pits. Bit unlucky if you can't connect to the race host, Blackbird! Bit surprised you said that actually :S ANYWAY. All is done with GTs now, hope it gets archived soon Very Happy
Wooflers
Wooflers

TORA Race Number : 740
Number of posts : 2026
Registration date : 2011-12-04

http://www.koneball.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BDR Blackbird Fri 5 Apr 2013 - 10:03

I hope no one takes my comments as aggressive, I was just quoting the rules about the 3 invites and go. It was me that suggested restarting the lobby due to the conection issues. I would like everyone to race but you have to stick to the rules you have in place as with the 3 invites. With the none qualifiers there was no clear defined rule so my idea about people not on to qualify not being let race was only a suggestion, it's up to the TORA team to make sure a rule is in place so we don't have this confusion in the future.

I've loved the racing this season and would suggest everyone tells their friends about how well things are run. I would not have put myself up as a host to help if I didn't think the site had things right. I did have some issues at the end of the season with conections however my NAT settings are open. I think a change in ISP may be in order before my next races.

Cheers
BDR Blackbird
BDR Blackbird

TORA Race Number : 101
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2012-03-03

http://www.blackDeathRacers.enjin.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Morne in Glory Fri 5 Apr 2013 - 10:24

I know mate that was what I was saying....I don't see why I should lose 8 seconds overall for someone else's connection problem that's all.
I'm over the moon with the whole season tho to be honest and happy to be in the the top 20 but most of all I'm so happy that VAMR came 1st and 2nd great result lads and a pleasure to be a part of an amazing team Cheers
Morne in Glory
Morne in Glory

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR D4N13L Fri 5 Apr 2013 - 22:54

Mourne Identity wrote:
I'm over the moon with the whole season tho to be honest and happy to be in the the top 20 but most of all I'm so happy that VAMR came 1st and 2nd great result lads and a pleasure to be a part of an amazing team Cheers

You did a great job Mourne, getting some fast times out of the Aston. VAMR had a great season and let's hope it carries on for the TEC!!!
CQR D4N13L
CQR D4N13L

TORA Race Number : 211
Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2012-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Fri 5 Apr 2013 - 23:02

and many other series besides Wink

Watch out world, VAMR has arrived!
Matt
Matt

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14648
Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ATR DAN Fri 5 Apr 2013 - 23:13

To be fair, I think everyone in VAMR deserves credit for making this season such a success story. After all, it's a team game. And you guys have certainly done yourselves justice by finishing 1st & 2nd in the works teams championship! Many congratulations to everyone. Smile

Once my life's sorted, I cannot wait to take part with this team once again.
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

TORA Race Number : 7
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4872
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next