TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
MSA TORA GT World Championship - Sprint Series Round 1 - Catalunya GP - January 27th 8PM GMT  - Page 14 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
MSA TORA GT World Championship - Sprint Series Round 1 - Catalunya GP - January 27th 8PM GMT  - Page 14 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
MSA TORA GT World Championship - Sprint Series Round 1 - Catalunya GP - January 27th 8PM GMT  - Page 14 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
MSA TORA GT World Championship - Sprint Series Round 1 - Catalunya GP - January 27th 8PM GMT  - Page 14 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
MSA TORA GT World Championship - Sprint Series Round 1 - Catalunya GP - January 27th 8PM GMT  - Page 14 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
MSA TORA GT World Championship - Sprint Series Round 1 - Catalunya GP - January 27th 8PM GMT  - Page 14 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
MSA TORA GT World Championship - Sprint Series Round 1 - Catalunya GP - January 27th 8PM GMT  - Page 14 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
MSA TORA GT World Championship - Sprint Series Round 1 - Catalunya GP - January 27th 8PM GMT  - Page 14 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
MSA TORA GT World Championship - Sprint Series Round 1 - Catalunya GP - January 27th 8PM GMT  - Page 14 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

MSA TORA GT World Championship - Sprint Series Round 1 - Catalunya GP - January 27th 8PM GMT

+118
BG Scarlett
CQR Jono
LMR Merikuh
RSR Trooper
inferior car
silentalarm42
Euphoric Blaze
CQR Stevie
ScottyMadeIt
Man Bear Fingaz
IBlueIJaBBRexI
Mrbrown33
Charchie92
@boycotz
Cropper 93
CQR Shifty
LMR BlackHawk
VictorJansen
F4H mikem
DJ Kenny Ken
WhiteShark NL
BG Papa H
xVampirAx
LMR Scantraxx
LMR Deftone MX
CAPTAIN CHEDDAH
drwfan99
thatderekjames
HCR generaltso
TfR Arcanum
AdamWatson99
CredibleWizard
TG Wormburner
Jonnyy NI
MGR Jamesd49
Markius Fox
Rabbit0317
henkymetcola
TPR b0x
Xx VenomTDI xX
LMR DODY
allanrocha89
Texaspotatolord
Hainesy
NOOB 032
RG Maverick
LMR Hybrid
LMR Zakspeed
CreamyTastey
DeweyTee
Adder 020
Red Dirt Bandit
Morne in Glory
CQR D4N13L
Ax4x Cowboy
SnippetyOggy86
Hailfire97x
MrRaZzT
MessyMikail
Noland35F
Chicken Glenn
big dj210
x Gashi x
leobonilha
HLR Guru
DAZLER90
PROD DTechR
TfR Bailey
BAM Python
xI ROSS 86 Ix
CRA Leceur
SFM Benedict
F4H Bullet
ART Carrera
LAPI74
Wooflers
xTBLx TITAN
Uniform 92
PJGroves
JSR Type Ry
ShrinkingSteven
RW26 BLAZE
F4H Carrera
Amarth
VVV GGspeed
ll Taku ll
TG Axiom
BDR Blackbird
FSR Groves
XPR Roadrunner
RumbleBee 392
TheAngryPudding
CQR HABURi
Standaman94
CQR Deuce
BG Wingnut396
Ax4x Bandit
ATP Flying Ace
ATP STEAMY
Richy59
wood53y
TfR Mike
DTR Rock
SorrySmithy
TfR Milton
LMR DarthMario
LastNewtStandin
The Posimosh
EMW Raul
Ax4x Chaddy
CD 195
Crisis Nine
JAMIE ANDERS0N
tsaFooT
CQR Aero
CQR Rogue
BG Wumba
Biggsy tv
122 posters

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

MSA TORA GT World Championship - Sprint Series Round 1 - Catalunya GP - January 27th 8PM GMT  - Page 14 Empty Re: MSA TORA GT World Championship - Sprint Series Round 1 - Catalunya GP - January 27th 8PM GMT

Post by JAMIE ANDERS0N Mon 28 Jan 2013 - 9:16

Lobby G was excellent.

In the first race I had some great battles with rabbit, uniform and sherk.

Second race had a great start fellowing fellow Team mate scarlet, he past woody I also made the pass but going into the first turn and woody outbraked himself taking me off the track with him, we had no damage but a couple of cars got by, I got past woody and chasing uniform but this race I just couldnt hold on with him, I had jgroves chasing me I held him off but then he got busy with woody so I had clean air, final lap I went wide at the first turn and woody was getting closer to me, half way round he passed me but I couldnt get the place back. then I just stayed ahead of jgroves over the line.

Really good night, a few little lag issues but not many, sadly TfR bailey got 100% aero in both races at the start.
JAMIE ANDERS0N
JAMIE ANDERS0N

TORA Race Number : 76
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6805
Registration date : 2008-10-19

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

MSA TORA GT World Championship - Sprint Series Round 1 - Catalunya GP - January 27th 8PM GMT  - Page 14 Empty Re: MSA TORA GT World Championship - Sprint Series Round 1 - Catalunya GP - January 27th 8PM GMT

Post by Crisis Nine Mon 28 Jan 2013 - 9:39

I'd love to see people chat excessively in a lobby with Aero. See how that gets dealt with! Anyone remember Indy last season? Lolz.

Anyways, apologies to all in lobby E for my stall on the line in race 2. Hope nobody had an off because of it. And also very sorry to anyone I made contact with as I was trying to make my way back up the field. Especially one of the LMR guys, is it Venom? The brakes on that Viper are immense and caught me out too many times. I couldn't pass on the straight and the corners are near impossible to overtake on round there so it ended with a few taps, so sorry to anyone I made contact with. Will be expecting an SI if it made a difference to anyone's race.

Crisis Nine

TORA Race Number : 152
Number of posts : 2192
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by HLR Guru Mon 28 Jan 2013 - 10:23

Crisis Nine wrote:I'd love to see people chat excessively in a lobby with Aero. See how that gets dealt with! Anyone remember Indy last season? Lolz.

Anyways, apologies to all in lobby E for my stall on the line in race 2. Hope nobody had an off because of it. And also very sorry to anyone I made contact with as I was trying to make my way back up the field. Especially one of the LMR guys, is it Venom? The brakes on that Viper are immense and caught me out too many times. I couldn't pass on the straight and the corners are near impossible to overtake on round there so it ended with a few taps, so sorry to anyone I made contact with. Will be expecting an SI if it made a difference to anyone's race.

enjoyed our last lap battle

HLR Guru

TORA Race Number : 464
Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2012-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2013 - 10:26

I didn't get to see much of what was going on behind in A Lobby, but at the front it was an intense battle between myself, VtecTorque, Python and Box in both races - any mistake from any driver and the position would be lost, so maximum concentration! As for lobby chat... there was virtually none, everyone was focused on their driving. Looking forward to Suzuka Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Crisis Nine Mon 28 Jan 2013 - 10:34

TfR Guru wrote:
Crisis Nine wrote:I'd love to see people chat excessively in a lobby with Aero. See how that gets dealt with! Anyone remember Indy last season? Lolz.

enjoyed our last lap battle

Yeah was immense mate, I was trying so hard to get past without any contact. I could see a few mistakes which let me get right close but in the end you had more than enough to hold me off. Was a good race.

Crisis Nine

TORA Race Number : 152
Number of posts : 2192
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarth Mon 28 Jan 2013 - 10:47

Race 1
Not pleased about last night really, race one ruined by a lag spike from someone who was supposedly lagging for a few people. Also the race start procedure was a complete shambles, one person saying 3...2... while another was saying not everyone is ready. Plus Box, your dive into turn 1 was terrible, hitting someone and causing people to take evasive action, not cool.

Race 2
Because of the crash i now started last, pile up on lap 2 lost me to much time for a decent finish. Spent most of the race closing down the gap to CQR D4NI3L in 6th, just caught up the pack on the last lap Neutral
Amarth
Amarth

TORA Race Number : 405
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 261
Registration date : 2012-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2013 - 10:55

VtecTorque correctly called the start (80mph and 3-2-1-GO exactly on the starting line), however someone interrupted the countdown midway through (talking over the countdown) saying they weren't ready which didn't exactly help matters - the race starts at the line whether 3-2-1-GO has been called or not, so drivers further back need to keep up (the outlap was driven very slowly - 80 to 100mph). There's simply not enough track between the single-file final chicane and start/finish line for everyone to line-up when doing the regulation 80mph.

Back to top Go down

Post by PrInCeUKER Mon 28 Jan 2013 - 11:17

Nice introduction into Tora guys, some great racing going on in Lobby E, got hung out to dry in race 1 in the first few bends but managed to stay damage free ish then a good bit of "rubbing" by other racers got me back up a few slots, that left me with a clear track and had a blast with BG Leigh6 all over my rear for the remainder of the race.

race 2 lads had a little carnage at turn 1 and with me determined not to get hung out to dry this time aided me up to the front pack and in close contention, then at turn 5 got a punt up the rear that sent me into the car in front "sorry but not my doing", and the race was done front and rear damage and the car had the aerodynamics of a house brick, lap times off by 2 seconds and i was defending my arse off for the remainder of the race, and unsure who was behind me but thanks for the clean race as you could have lunged at me a good few times but did not Kodos to ya.

until next time lads.
PrInCeUKER
PrInCeUKER

TORA Race Number : 265
Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2012-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonnyy NI Mon 28 Jan 2013 - 13:22

I'll keep this as polite as I can.

I didn't spend the past month preparing for these races, just to be smashed to pieces on lap one in race one and lap two in race two. Both times, I was wiped out so badly I had internal, as well as external, damage (including a smoking engine in race one). And I wasn't the only one.

With lobby one full of "big names", I expected an extremely high level of driving. Not the, shall we say, questionable driving which I witnessed.

Not only that, drivers at the back weren't given time to bunch up for the rolling start.

Very disappointed.
Jonnyy NI
Jonnyy NI

TORA Race Number : 444
Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2013 - 13:30

The new rolling start rules don't work IMO (race begins at the s/f line regardless of 3-2-1-GO) - there's not enough time at this track to get everyone lined-up before the start/finish line. It was a slow outlap and we were well under the mandatory 80mph rolling start speed (70ish) in the final corner and still there was not enough track length from the final corner to the s/f line for 14 cars to line up correctly, despite the 3-2-1-GO being called as late as possible. The rolling start speed would need to be about 40-50mph to comply with the new rules at this track. In last years race here, it took until the pit lane exit for the GO to be called:

S9 Catalunya start:

Back to top Go down

Post by JAMIE ANDERS0N Mon 28 Jan 2013 - 13:31

WOW how many stewards investigation!!!

Was about to say My lobby and the Lobby I was the only 2 not to have any but then a further post had one for my lobby.

Well done to lobby I so far you are the only lobby without any SI's from last nights race.

Good luck to the guys in orange getting thru them all
JAMIE ANDERS0N
JAMIE ANDERS0N

TORA Race Number : 76
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6805
Registration date : 2008-10-19

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonnyy NI Mon 28 Jan 2013 - 13:36

BG Chucky 82 wrote:WOW how many stewards investigation!!!

Was about to say My lobby and the Lobby I was the only 2 not to have any but then a further post had one for my lobby.

Well done to lobby I so far you are the only lobby without any SI's from last nights race.

Good luck to the guys in orange getting thru them all

I haven't even submitted all mine yet.
Jonnyy NI
Jonnyy NI

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Mon 28 Jan 2013 - 13:37

Is it out of the question to drive slower to bunch the field? In our lobby we actually started forming up on the tiny straight before the last few corners, and took the chicane carefully side-by-side using tight/wide lines as necessary to run 2 by 2. That left just a minimal amount of closing up to do on the home straight. I guess common sense is becoming less common.....
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

TORA Race Number : 80
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6084
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.chrissiddallmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2013 - 13:38

I haven't even submitted all mine yet.

I like the 'all' bit Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Racert46 Mon 28 Jan 2013 - 14:07

Seems everybody enjoyed their racing again Smile

Racert46
Racert46

TORA Race Number : 46
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2012-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2013 - 14:13

I've just checked the race 1 replay and having viewed it again, I retract my previous statement - the start was fine, it complied with the regulations, the pole sitter was doing 63mph in the final corner and around 72-74mph before the line, the GO came just before the s/f line and every car was on the main straight and within the grid box area when the race started.

The issue at this start was caused by a driver mid-pack interrupting the 3-2-1-GO countdown once it had already begun (which caused a few drivers such as Box to not hear the pole-sitters GO instruction), even though all the cars were in fact in position. Please only call out if you, yourself, are out of position and don't take over the starting procedure from the pole-sitter.

Lobby A Race 1 start - all cars correctly line-up well before the s/f line:

MSA TORA GT World Championship - Sprint Series Round 1 - Catalunya GP - January 27th 8PM GMT  - Page 14 Start210

MSA TORA GT World Championship - Sprint Series Round 1 - Catalunya GP - January 27th 8PM GMT  - Page 14 Start10

Back to top Go down

Post by Hainesy Mon 28 Jan 2013 - 14:15

CQR MAGiC wrote:The new rolling start rules don't work IMO (race begins at the s/f line regardless of 3-2-1-GO) - there's not enough time at this track to get everyone lined-up before the start/finish line. It was a slow outlap and we were well under the mandatory 80mph rolling start speed (70ish) in the final corner and still there was not enough track length from the final corner to the s/f line for 14 cars to line up correctly, despite the 3-2-1-GO being called as late as possible. The rolling start speed would need to be about 40-50mph to comply with the new rules at this track. In last years race here, it took until the pit lane exit for the GO to be called:

S9 Catalunya start:
As far as I know Mark the 80mph limit is to just get around the parade lap with people bunching up near the end of the lap at a lower speed. My lobby, just guestimating here, was doing around 50mph when we went off and it worked perfectly. study
Hainesy
Hainesy

TORA Race Number : 446
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1618
Registration date : 2012-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonnyy NI Mon 28 Jan 2013 - 14:19

What? So its ok before everyone has formed up? Don't agree Mark.
Jonnyy NI
Jonnyy NI

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2013 - 14:25

Frankly I think the cars are TOO close Johnny - there should be a gap between each row, not everyone bunched up nose to tail as 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th are. A car starting 14th shouldn't expect to be 300ft behind the pole sitter, that's just 20ft per car (and the cars are 15ft+ long). 14th should be at least 500ft away from the pole sitter (35ft per car). We had problems in many many meetings last year where cars were bunched up far too close and going 5 wide into the first corner (remember Mugello anyone, with it's 3 restarts). The issue at the start was people not reacting to the GO command when it was called because it wasn't heard clearly by everyone. I've checked the replay telemetry too Johnny, you were doing 71mph going through the grid hatchings (in 10th position), VtecTorque (on pole) was doing 72mph, so the grid was in good formation as the the pole-sitter reaching the designated start point.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2013 - 14:35

BG Hainesy wrote:
As far as I know Mark the 80mph limit is to just get around the parade lap with people bunching up near the end of the lap at a lower speed. My lobby, just guestimating here, was doing around 50mph when we went off and it worked perfectly. study

Cheers Hainsey, we were well under 80mph (63mph in the final corner), having checked the replay all cars were ready to go until the countdown was interrupted unnecessarily

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Mon 28 Jan 2013 - 14:43

Every single bit of this is eliminated if everyone forms up in the last sector and not a word is uttered unless there is a problem.

3, 2, 1 is stupid and pointless. The leader goes at the line and everyone else follows. It is pretty simple. There is voice lag at times and other times when it cannot be heard at all. You cannot be interrupted when you don't have to speak and rest assured someone is going to interrupt. Go 80 mph and go at the start finish.

At VM it was dumped altogether and now a time is called like you used to here. I think that is also too much, just go at the start finish for the pole sitter. It's his advantage for sitting on the pole which he earned.
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

TORA Race Number : 750
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1797
Registration date : 2011-01-10

http://teamgizmo.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2013 - 14:47

Agreed Worm, you can see on the telemetry that people started braking once the countdown was interrupted, caused lots of confusion.

Forming up in one continuous snake with no gaps between cars is just asking for trouble, form up in rows and leave a gap.

Hockenheim last season is a good example of how to line up correctly, with properly spaced rows (cars are roughly the same distance apart as 1-14th were last night, but properly spaced). Sometimes the rolling starts form up even closer than you are on a standing start, which is crazy.

MSA TORA GT World Championship - Sprint Series Round 1 - Catalunya GP - January 27th 8PM GMT  - Page 14 Hock_s10

TORA TV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGt7unQQWnk (5m33s race start)

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Jono Mon 28 Jan 2013 - 14:58

BG Chucky 82 wrote:Good luck to the guys in orange getting thru them all

Cheers Chucky - it could take a while Rolling Eyes Very Happy
CQR Jono
CQR Jono

TORA Race Number : 505
Number of posts : 898
Registration date : 2012-06-06

http://www.cqrclub.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Mon 28 Jan 2013 - 15:05

hey all -

feedback thread set up =

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com/t9279-tora-msa-gt-post-race-feed-back#185803

Smile

Cheers all for feedback so far
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Dixon 76 Mon 28 Jan 2013 - 15:14

CQR Aero wrote: I guess common sense is becoming less common.....
Yes it is, two practice sesions with you was enough to make me pull out! Razz

Bob Dixon 76

TORA Race Number : 620
Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2011-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next