TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
MSA TORA Touring Car Championship - Round 1, 2 & 3 - Silverstone National – September 3rd 8PM BST - Page 4 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
MSA TORA Touring Car Championship - Round 1, 2 & 3 - Silverstone National – September 3rd 8PM BST - Page 4 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
MSA TORA Touring Car Championship - Round 1, 2 & 3 - Silverstone National – September 3rd 8PM BST - Page 4 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
MSA TORA Touring Car Championship - Round 1, 2 & 3 - Silverstone National – September 3rd 8PM BST - Page 4 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
MSA TORA Touring Car Championship - Round 1, 2 & 3 - Silverstone National – September 3rd 8PM BST - Page 4 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
MSA TORA Touring Car Championship - Round 1, 2 & 3 - Silverstone National – September 3rd 8PM BST - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
MSA TORA Touring Car Championship - Round 1, 2 & 3 - Silverstone National – September 3rd 8PM BST - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
MSA TORA Touring Car Championship - Round 1, 2 & 3 - Silverstone National – September 3rd 8PM BST - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
MSA TORA Touring Car Championship - Round 1, 2 & 3 - Silverstone National – September 3rd 8PM BST - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

MSA TORA Touring Car Championship - Round 1, 2 & 3 - Silverstone National – September 3rd 8PM BST

+32
CQR Stevie
Demo Marksman
Beanz
BG Wingnut396
LMP Dragon
CQR Jono
DanaeJulTeam
Ax4x Cowboy
S1lentRaven.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Chaddy
TFR Magic
Ax4x Kane
SFM Benedict
S2M Ranger
HandheldBee9
MT2 Levin
LastNewtStandin
CQR Aero
F4H Stingray
Simon 0ne
Hainesy
TfRsmokinmasta
TLR Scrublord
CQR Rogue
F4H Lotterer
CQR NEON
CQR HABURi
CQR Myles
TG Wormburner
AMS MeaD 212
JAMIE ANDERS0N
36 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

MSA TORA Touring Car Championship - Round 1, 2 & 3 - Silverstone National – September 3rd 8PM BST - Page 4 Empty Re: MSA TORA Touring Car Championship - Round 1, 2 & 3 - Silverstone National – September 3rd 8PM BST

Post by LastNewtStandin Wed 4 Sep 2013 - 19:44

There isn't enough room at the back for all the laggy connections Wink
LastNewtStandin
LastNewtStandin

TORA Race Number : 55
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 991
Registration date : 2012-12-03

http://www.forzauniverse.net

Back to top Go down

MSA TORA Touring Car Championship - Round 1, 2 & 3 - Silverstone National – September 3rd 8PM BST - Page 4 Empty Re: MSA TORA Touring Car Championship - Round 1, 2 & 3 - Silverstone National – September 3rd 8PM BST

Post by BG Wingnut396 Wed 4 Sep 2013 - 19:48

there is only a select few that lag on a regular basis and just so happens meado is one of them and he knows it
BG Wingnut396
BG Wingnut396

TORA Race Number : 148
Number of posts : 1851
Registration date : 2013-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by AMS MeaD 212 Wed 4 Sep 2013 - 20:22

I AINT NO BLUDDY MORE!!!! That is sorted out. Found that it was because i was using a non microsoft adapter and since switching ive had absolutely no issues.
AMS MeaD 212
AMS MeaD 212

TORA Race Number : 212
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 402
Registration date : 2013-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Beanz Wed 4 Sep 2013 - 20:24

S2M Ranger wrote:...had a great battle with beanz with him make his seat oh so wide Wink
Cheers Ranger, had some cracking racing, my SEAT was so slow down the straights that i was constantly defending, i even opened the door at one point for some added girth!

HandheldBee9 wrote:Thumbs up to BG Beanz credit to TORA
Flyin Mikey J wrote:^ Beanz is an awesome guy all around. I just wish I could make it to his lobby more often.
Aww cheers guys, i'm blushing! Embarassed 

I really enjoyed last nights racing though, i love me some Touring Car bumper to bumper shenanigans, even the lobby was great with the mention of some rather tasty sounding bacon grease! Razz

Last edited by BG Beanz on Wed 4 Sep 2013 - 20:25; edited 1 time in total
Beanz
Beanz

TORA Race Number : 57
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 2661
Registration date : 2012-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by BG Wingnut396 Wed 4 Sep 2013 - 20:24

Well for your sake lets hope so then start enjoying the racing with no issues
BG Wingnut396
BG Wingnut396

TORA Race Number : 148
Number of posts : 1851
Registration date : 2013-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by AMS MeaD 212 Wed 4 Sep 2013 - 20:41

BG Wingnut396 wrote:Well for your sake lets hope so then start enjoying the racing with no issues
I aint going to be racing or even on XBL starting on monday for 2 years, hence why i wanted to have a good nights racing last night and not whats ended up happening. Neutral 
AMS MeaD 212
AMS MeaD 212

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by JAMIE ANDERS0N Wed 4 Sep 2013 - 20:55

End of please guys, others who have lag week in week out don't get this much hassle.
JAMIE ANDERS0N
JAMIE ANDERS0N

TORA Race Number : 76
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6805
Registration date : 2008-10-19

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Kane Wed 4 Sep 2013 - 21:05

I've had quite notorious lag issues at my time in TORA, and I can't tell you how bad you feel when you 'lag spike' someone or drag someone out of a lobby with you. A lot of people here seem to think that a bad connection is something that can easily be cured. But I did all the port-forwarding stuff and, whilst it did help for a couple of months, it wasn't long before I couldn't connect once again.

Furthermore, Meado is 17, so is most likely living at home. I pestered my parents for a good 2 years to do something about our terrible internet, but as it didn't affect them & they paid the bills, the answer was a resounding no. I only got Fibre Optic Broadband after I offered to paying £12.50 a month as well as a £50 installation fee.

It's so easy for people to just say 'sort your connection out or bugger off', but unless you've actually had consistent connection problems, you don't realise the level of frustration that is felt. This is the opinion of someone who has spent the last year battling an internet download speed of less than 500Kbps.
Ax4x Kane
Ax4x Kane

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Number of posts : 3148
Registration date : 2011-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by AMS MeaD 212 Wed 4 Sep 2013 - 21:13

Kilroy8 wrote:I've had quite notorious lag issues at my time in TORA, and I can't tell you how bad you feel when you 'lag spike' someone or drag someone out of a lobby with you. A lot of people here seem to think that a bad connection is something that can easily be cured. But I did all the port-forwarding stuff and, whilst it did help for a couple of months, it wasn't long before I couldn't connect once again.

Furthermore, Meado is 17, so is most likely living at home. I pestered my parents for a good 2 years to do something about our terrible internet, but as it didn't affect them & they paid the bills, the answer was a resounding no. I only got Fibre Optic Broadband after I offered to paying £12.50 a month as well as a £50 installation fee.

It's so easy for people to just say 'sort your connection out or bugger off', but unless you've actually had consistent connection problems, you don't realise the level of frustration that is felt. This is the opinion of someone who has spent the last year battling an internet download speed of less than 500Kbps.
thank you kilroy!! give us a bluddy break for once in your life and just get on with what your doing, simple as!
AMS MeaD 212
AMS MeaD 212

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR NEON Wed 4 Sep 2013 - 21:14

That may be Kilroy but people cant go blaming hosts for them lagging out etc. I too have been in the situation where parents internet is so bad many lag out where had. The best i could do was too ask when i was racing that no one use things like you tube are anything that would drain the internet. Still to this day i would rather people in my house not download stuff while im racing even though i have fibre optic now.
CQR NEON
CQR NEON

TORA Race Number : 255
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2012-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Demo Marksman Wed 4 Sep 2013 - 21:24

Meado, if you ever decide to race her again use a wired connection. My xbox is a fair distance away from router, hence my connection over wireless isn't good enough for P2P connection, although I can play server based games like battlefield with no problem.

To solve this I purchased a 20m Ethernet cable from amazon for less than £5 including postage and packaging. I use this for my race nights on TORA and have had very few problems since.

Hope this helps.
Demo Marksman
Demo Marksman

TORA Race Number : 364
Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2013-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Wed 4 Sep 2013 - 21:24

CQR NEON wrote:That may be Kilroy but people cant go blaming hosts for them lagging out etc. I too have been in the situation where parents internet is so bad many lag out where had. The best i could do was too ask when i was racing that no one use things like you tube are anything that would drain the internet. Still to this day i would rather people in my house not download stuff while im racing even though i have fibre optic now.
+1
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AMS MeaD 212 Wed 4 Sep 2013 - 21:29

thing is Neon, ive always had an issue with Aero. When i first joined TORA i had no internet problems at all, but still had problems when in same lobby as Aero. Then as most off you know i had internet problems which coincedently was when my carers switched from Sky to Virgin. But for the last month (except TCC test day when i tried my old, non microsoft network adapter) ive had no issues
AMS MeaD 212
AMS MeaD 212

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR NEON Wed 4 Sep 2013 - 21:46

Always run wired otherwise your asking for trouble. My router is rather far so i have a plug in adapter so i can still run wired.
CQR NEON
CQR NEON

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by LastNewtStandin Wed 4 Sep 2013 - 22:00

I use ethernet plugs to stay wired.

One connected to the router and the other in any plug socket in the house.
Only a blown fuse or power failure knock me out.

Or more forza specific a very full lobby with lots of overseas connections see me struggle.

I only have 768 upload so my connection just doesnt tolerate those distant connections 100% of the time.
Still rarely lag though as im wired with wifi turned off at the router during competition.

LastNewtStandin
LastNewtStandin

TORA Race Number : 55
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 991
Registration date : 2012-12-03

http://www.forzauniverse.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Kane Wed 4 Sep 2013 - 22:05

I'm not in anyway condoning that it is acceptable to run with a bad connection, Neon. I mean, I actually stopped racing altogether due to my issues. But you have to agree that some posts directed in this thread could be seen as baiting a little bit. It only took one or two people to tell him, yet more people were jumping in. As Chucky has said, their are people who have consistently worse connections who aren't getting this much hassle. Unfortunately, it appears that Meado will be absent for the next 2 years, so there is no reason to keep going on about this. As said time & time again, we will always have connection conflicts, we don't live in a perfect world.

Now let's all let it go & enjoy this picture of an alpaca
MSA TORA Touring Car Championship - Round 1, 2 & 3 - Silverstone National – September 3rd 8PM BST - Page 4 Funny-alpacas-with-awesome-amazing-hilarious-hair-5

Cheers

PS. I've been running wireless since I upgraded my internet, and had absolutely no problems
Ax4x Kane
Ax4x Kane

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Number of posts : 3148
Registration date : 2011-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Stevie Wed 4 Sep 2013 - 22:28

Sorry for putting my two pence worth in but from what I see from the small amount of time I've been in TORA etc, I have the upmost respect for all those that organise these type of race events, too keep us all busy and frustrated, so too come on here and start bad mouthing one, I pearsonally think its unacceptable, I understand your frustrations, but to bring it up in a public way like this, in my opinion is wrong!!

Sorry for the rant....
CQR Stevie
CQR Stevie

TORA Race Number : 971
Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2013-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Wed 4 Sep 2013 - 22:29

Rolling Eyes 
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Stevie Wed 4 Sep 2013 - 22:37

VAMR Wilson wrote:Rolling Eyes 
After last night racing I was going to put an SI in against you, I think your cars too wide, no matter what  I tried just couldn't get past in that thirds race Cheers

Good clean defensive driving

Last edited by CQR Stevie on Wed 4 Sep 2013 - 22:45; edited 1 time in total
CQR Stevie
CQR Stevie

TORA Race Number : 971
Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2013-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke of Bruno Wed 4 Sep 2013 - 22:41

Kilroy8 wrote:...
Evil or Very Mad 

How dare you bring that evil to this place.  Every true sportscar racing fan knows that alpacas are not to be trusted.

Pray that Her Royal Llamaness does not find out about this.
Duke of Bruno
Duke of Bruno

TORA Race Number : 79
Number of posts : 1964
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Karma Wed 4 Sep 2013 - 23:33

Duke of Bruno wrote:
Kilroy8 wrote:...
Evil or Very Mad 

How dare you bring that evil to this place.  Every true sportscar racing fan knows that alpacas are not to be trusted.

Pray that Her Royal Llamaness does not find out about this.
Look....all these issues,,,be them animal related bad mojo giving/alpace based (Sorry to  Her Royal Llamaness or speaking of the untrusted ones picture again ) or network issues are distracting us all from the REAL things of importance happening in the world.

Look and see for yourself with your own eyes.....THE WORLD IS TRYING TO INTO AN EVIL PLACE AND WE NEED TO PAY ATTENTION BEFORE ITS TOO LATE!!

while we are saying this and that people are being eaten by fruit!!

MSA TORA Touring Car Championship - Round 1, 2 & 3 - Silverstone National – September 3rd 8PM BST - Page 4 9676367792_4a92593c8c
realissues by XPR Karma, on Flickr

Now the connection issues seem less important I bet(honest),lol,,,just trying to lighten things up Smile . These types of issues need to be sorted out via PM in a calm manor. Nobody want to have network issues, but they happen. The best thing is to contact whoever you feel your having a conflict with and work on a solution together, or ask for the help of the staff or other members in an open fashion,, not have a slanging match in the forum. In doing so you only weaken your case and the likelihood of people coming to your aid.

As for last nights B lobby,,three magnificent battle filed, sweaty handed, pushed to the limit rounds for me. A few tears, a few bumps and bruises, but at the end of it happy that I had taken part in an event where I felt pushed and challenged for every inch of tarmac lost and gained. Am sad am gonna miss the next round due to being on holiday but will be back and hungry for more of the same in round three. A big thank you to everyone in my lobby for last night and to Mr Tubbi for hosting.

Karma Cheers
HCR Karma
HCR Karma

TORA Race Number : 530
Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2012-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Thu 5 Sep 2013 - 1:24

thank you Stevie I would like to thank you for not Neal/Plato passes moves! Ive also felt my defending is better than my attacking!

the smiley was there as I said to the guys to calm it down yet connections were still being spoken about.
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Thu 5 Sep 2013 - 1:27

Sorry for the delay in getting the results up (Google server error - completely out of our control). These are now all updated.
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

TORA Race Number : 80
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6084
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.chrissiddallmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR NEON Thu 5 Sep 2013 - 2:19

VAMR Wilson wrote:connections were still being spoken about.
This is a discussion thread based on the race and we where discussing Suspect
CQR NEON
CQR NEON

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 5 Sep 2013 - 10:26

CQR Aero wrote:Sorry for the delay in getting the results up (Google server error - completely out of our control).  These are now all updated.
Something gone a bit wonky with the points - drivers 98th onwards (macabresalmon) haven't had their points added to the drivers and teams championships. e.g. Tactical scored 146, but is 0 on drivers, and his points have been added to the Logitech team, same for CHRiS. Looks like the formula has missed off the last 8 drivers?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next