TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
MSA TORA ISCC Season 5 - General Discussion (part 2 use) - Page 17 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
MSA TORA ISCC Season 5 - General Discussion (part 2 use) - Page 17 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
MSA TORA ISCC Season 5 - General Discussion (part 2 use) - Page 17 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
MSA TORA ISCC Season 5 - General Discussion (part 2 use) - Page 17 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
MSA TORA ISCC Season 5 - General Discussion (part 2 use) - Page 17 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
MSA TORA ISCC Season 5 - General Discussion (part 2 use) - Page 17 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
MSA TORA ISCC Season 5 - General Discussion (part 2 use) - Page 17 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
MSA TORA ISCC Season 5 - General Discussion (part 2 use) - Page 17 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
MSA TORA ISCC Season 5 - General Discussion (part 2 use) - Page 17 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

MSA TORA ISCC Season 5 - General Discussion (part 2 use)

+61
LMR BlackHawk
Adder 020
SimF40
ll Taku ll
Demo Marksman
TG Wormburner
Richy59
TLR Scrublord
Velox Canadian
Biggsy tv
CRA XenoMorph
LZR Harmonic
LMR IMPREZA
Ax4x Kane
Matt
CQR Myles
XPR Roadrunner
BAM Python
JAMIE ANDERS0N
rainonef1
Texaspotatolord
IRT YT RICE
JOSHSIGGY
RW26 BLAZE
AAR ABEnstein
SideExitSupra
AdamWatson99
LMP Phantom
henkymetcola
SFM Benedict
Ax4x Cowboy
Ax4x Mikey J
HCR Motorhead
HCR Bellmond
XPR Moontower
SorrySmithy
Ax4x Chaddy
CQR Rogue
CRA Project182R
Pidge107
Ax4x Bandit
ScoobyDoobieDoo
LastNewtStandin
ART Carrera
LMR Zakspeed
ShrinkingSteven
LMR DarthMario
xVampirAx
CQR Aero
Turbo Power 77
II AntR II
BG Wumba
F4H Lotterer
Beanz
CreamyTastey
Hainesy
TweekPunx
Dragonsyoung
The Posimosh
HCR generaltso
LMR Deftone MX
65 posters

Page 17 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

MSA TORA ISCC Season 5 - General Discussion (part 2 use) - Page 17 Empty Re: MSA TORA ISCC Season 5 - General Discussion (part 2 use)

Post by HCR Motorhead Sun 17 Nov 2013 - 21:04

XPR Roadrunner wrote:I'm retiring from competitive racing on FM4.

I've had it with this peer to peer connection system. I have a fine connection, and I keep getting bludgeoned to death by other peoples connections.

I lagged out of the TORA ISCC lead! The one time I nailed the start and wasn't stuck behind the laggy cars, I get ousted by lag. This is rediculous, I can't continue to be cursed by lag. This is stupid.
Have you thought with all the incidents that are never your fault, that it might actually be your fault? I'd seriously check your ISP or something.
HCR Motorhead
HCR Motorhead

TORA Race Number : 4
PC Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2012-09-07

Back to top Go down

MSA TORA ISCC Season 5 - General Discussion (part 2 use) - Page 17 Empty Re: MSA TORA ISCC Season 5 - General Discussion (part 2 use)

Post by II AntR II Sun 17 Nov 2013 - 21:24

Are they going to make the draw today?
II AntR II
II AntR II

TORA Race Number : 870
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2013-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Deftone MX Sun 17 Nov 2013 - 22:12

Chaotic lobby! Got front end damage about 15 minutes in and the car was plowing lke crazy. Somehow managed to stay out ahead of Haydo, but Bulin just started driving away. Was still fun though! Great drive by Takumi! Managed 2nd with a ton of damage!
LMR Deftone MX
LMR Deftone MX

TORA Race Number : 275
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 3634
Registration date : 2012-06-18

http://teamlmr.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Motorhead Sun 17 Nov 2013 - 22:16

I drove to the end with 100% everything but as my result was irrelevant I decided to push John Galt, Twitchy, Twitchy and Twitchy again back to the pits Very Happy

I was the RAC man in the lobby Very Happy
HCR Motorhead
HCR Motorhead

Back to top Go down

Post by TLR Scrublord Sun 17 Nov 2013 - 22:21

LMR Deftone MX wrote:Somehow managed to stay out ahead of Haydo, but Bulin just started driving away.
I suck at P1 Razz Was great fun though, was something I don't normally drive but managed to drag my car up to the sharp end! If I didn't catch that traffic in such a bad spot after you pitted I might have been able to cling on to the back of you Smile
TLR Scrublord
TLR Scrublord

TORA Race Number : 11
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 2413
Registration date : 2012-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Texaspotatolord Sun 17 Nov 2013 - 22:21

Rough race with traffic for me. Would catch Takumi at times, then loose a few hundred when traffic came by. Real unfortunate to see our battle end by a lag spike though. Sad 

Texaspotatolord

TORA Race Number : 597
Number of posts : 546
Registration date : 2013-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post by XPR Roadrunner Sun 17 Nov 2013 - 22:24

HMR Motorhead wrote:
XPR Roadrunner wrote:I'm retiring from competitive racing on FM4.

I've had it with this peer to peer connection system. I have a fine connection, and I keep getting bludgeoned to death by other peoples connections.

I lagged out of the TORA ISCC lead! The one time I nailed the start and wasn't stuck behind the laggy cars, I get ousted by lag. This is rediculous, I can't continue to be cursed by lag. This is stupid.
Have you thought with all the incidents that are never your fault, that it might actually be your fault? I'd seriously check your ISP or something.
I posted my connection details on the prev page. Not great but not horrible.

The only people who were iffy were wumba and galinha. But even then it was ok. I have never ever had problems prior to the fm4 servers gone to poop.
XPR Roadrunner
XPR Roadrunner

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 3649
Registration date : 2012-06-21

http://www.formulaforza.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TLR Scrublord Sun 17 Nov 2013 - 22:26

XPR Roadrunner wrote:I posted my connection details on the prev page. Not great but not horrible.
2 mb/s upload is going to struggle in a full lobby of P2P.
TLR Scrublord
TLR Scrublord

TORA Race Number : 11
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 2413
Registration date : 2012-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post by XPR Roadrunner Sun 17 Nov 2013 - 22:55

I've done better with less. When I ran wireless it was less than 1 and I never lagged out.
XPR Roadrunner
XPR Roadrunner

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by ShrinkingSteven Sun 17 Nov 2013 - 22:59

Great racing in Lobby B a few lagouts but great driving by the LMP guys. GTE was an amazing battle with at one point six of us going into the esses.

Blackhawk my friend, you nearly killed me three times and make me poo one self. Not cool! lol! 

Awesome season just wished my pedals didn't screw up around the mid point.
Thank you to the staff for putting this together has been a great ISCC leg.
ShrinkingSteven
ShrinkingSteven

TORA Race Number : 8
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2012-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR BlackHawk Sun 17 Nov 2013 - 23:05

steven and all of b lobby, that was the fun nest and scariest race I have ever had,
thanks to all the staff that made this great iscc ever Cheers 
LMR BlackHawk
LMR BlackHawk

TORA Race Number : 24
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 473
Registration date : 2012-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Sun 17 Nov 2013 - 23:22

Roadrunner, 2 mbps isn't good and you doing better with one should be a sign. Rogers is rated 2 1/2 stars on speedtest and 1 1/2 on yelp. It's got horrible reviews everywhere you look. Speed doesn't matter if you are running on old lines, bad splitters, or anything else that may give you noise in the line.

For example a lot of places here have Time Warner Cable. You can get great internet speed but if you've ever had the service you know the speed doesn't matter because the service really sucks.

Go to pingtest.net and post your result here. That will tell you a whole lot more than your speed.

Example from mine. You should have zero packet loss:
MSA TORA ISCC Season 5 - General Discussion (part 2 use) - Page 17 89405514
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

TORA Race Number : 750
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1797
Registration date : 2011-01-10

http://teamgizmo.net

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Scantraxx Sun 17 Nov 2013 - 23:48

that what I was thinking as well
LMR Scantraxx
LMR Scantraxx

TORA Race Number : 63
Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2012-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Nov 2013 - 23:59

End of a Mainstream TORA series... and we're all too busy discussing someones connection capability? Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Motorhead Mon 18 Nov 2013 - 0:02

Well it did royally people for days on end!

Edit: Very Happy:lol!:

Mod edit language!
HCR Motorhead
HCR Motorhead

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Mon 18 Nov 2013 - 0:12

LMR WARSPITE wrote:End of a Mainstream TORA series... and we're all too busy discussing someones connection capability? Very Happy
Trying to help so maybe the end of his next series is a more pleasant one.
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

TORA Race Number : 750
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1797
Registration date : 2011-01-10

http://teamgizmo.net

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Deftone MX Mon 18 Nov 2013 - 0:19

A big congrats to The Bulin Wall5, PRT Galinha, and BG Wumba on their drivers championships!

Also, a congrats to the drivers of CRA Coke Zero Racing, PRT Ds Bicycles Orange, and Corvette Racing Team LMR!
LMR Deftone MX
LMR Deftone MX

TORA Race Number : 275
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 3634
Registration date : 2012-06-18

http://teamlmr.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Nov 2013 - 0:23

TG Wormburner wrote:
LMR WARSPITE wrote:End of a Mainstream TORA series... and we're all too busy discussing someones connection capability? Very Happy
Trying to help so maybe the end of his next series is a more pleasant one.
On the contrary Worm, I actually found your post in response very helpful and informative, so there is no dig at anyone here, was just adding some humor to the fact a connection discussion has been the hot-topic of the evening, so don't worry dude. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by XPR Roadrunner Mon 18 Nov 2013 - 0:49

I'm stuck with what I have. Rogers is [Censored], I know that, hell; every Canadian knows that.

However, with that said, I'm dependent on what kind of lines are coming into my house, and in my neighborhood it's not very good. 30+ y.o cable and phone lines don't make for solid connectivity. We had Bell before, which is much much better generally, but my neighbourhood phone lines are so bad my download speeds were <10mbs and upload was <0.5. My parents have had all the phone and cable lines replaced in my house, we have the best modem that is supplied by Rogers, and thats the best it can do. I'm not going to ask my parents to move or move out just to get better internet. Thats dumb.

Even with that said, I have never ever lagged out of any event prior to this past year, after Horizon came out. I've done races with full lobbies, and it's been fine, even on connections where my upload has been as low as 0.5mbs. It's the Forza P2P servers that I blame. If somebody and I butt heads with connections, I get the boot. I've only ever lag spiked anybody 2x.....ever. Once was Mikey in a NATCC race (I think) back in the winter and the other was at Laguna with Motorhead. The times I've lagged out total in Forza is less than a half dozen times.

The fact that its mostly happened in the last couple months, where its all been really slow with Forza, doesn't say to me that my connection is bad (especially given that my connection has been worse and that I've done perfectly fine with it), it says to me that the FM4 servers are broken.

I appreciate the help, but you can't fix the Forza Servers, and there is nothing more that I can do with my own connections.

It just also seems to happen on a day that an entire lobby broke off. There's no way every single person in that lobby have bad connections, but the Forza servers are broken.
XPR Roadrunner
XPR Roadrunner

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Nov 2013 - 0:53

Forza severs or not, you have the same reception of service as ANYONE who uses them to race, and are the only person I know of who lags out of every race... then blames other drivers or the other end.

If their is only ONE driver lagging out, each race, every race, maybe there's a pattern? not saying it is 100% your fault, but if I was me, i'd be thinking checking something my end.

Back to top Go down

Post by BG Wumba Mon 18 Nov 2013 - 0:58

LMR Deftone MX wrote:A big congrats to The Bulin Wall5, PRT Galinha, and BG Wumba on their drivers championships!

Also, a congrats to the drivers of CRA Coke Zero Racing, PRT Ds Bicycles Orange, and Corvette Racing Team LMR!
Just like to add my congrats to all the winners too. It has been a great season with some of the GTE racing a real thriller in terms of battles, Cheers  just a shame that there might not be any LMPC on FM5 having won GTC in my first season and now GTE I could have maybe kept going up the ladder! Razz  1st
BG Wumba
BG Wumba

TORA Race Number : 43
Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Texaspotatolord Mon 18 Nov 2013 - 1:00

XPR Roadrunner wrote:it says to me that the FM4 servers are broken.
I've managed to race perfectly fine with not one lag out, and only once getting lag bombed, since I've started racing.

Texaspotatolord

TORA Race Number : 597
Number of posts : 546
Registration date : 2013-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post by XPR Roadrunner Mon 18 Nov 2013 - 1:02

I was fine before, now I'm not. My connection hasn't changed. Leaving the servers the only culprit
XPR Roadrunner
XPR Roadrunner

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by XPR Roadrunner Mon 18 Nov 2013 - 1:07

I'll even add, that I've never ever EVER lost a connection on any other game apart from FM4 and Minecraft (but only when connected to certain people). Battlefield, NHL, F1 2011 and 2012, Halo 4 and Reach, COD.....no problems at all, not one bit.
XPR Roadrunner
XPR Roadrunner

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Motorhead Mon 18 Nov 2013 - 1:11

In other news...

I think I need a new pre race ritual. These past two races I've had a crap right before the off and it didn't help :s
HCR Motorhead
HCR Motorhead

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next