TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
MSA TORA GT Season 11 - General Discussion - Page 14 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
MSA TORA GT Season 11 - General Discussion - Page 14 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
MSA TORA GT Season 11 - General Discussion - Page 14 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
MSA TORA GT Season 11 - General Discussion - Page 14 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
MSA TORA GT Season 11 - General Discussion - Page 14 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
MSA TORA GT Season 11 - General Discussion - Page 14 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
MSA TORA GT Season 11 - General Discussion - Page 14 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
MSA TORA GT Season 11 - General Discussion - Page 14 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
MSA TORA GT Season 11 - General Discussion - Page 14 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

MSA TORA GT Season 11 - General Discussion

+77
DonatedSatyr227
AdamWatson99
Morne in Glory
Jonny Dub 12
Veloce Virus
GTR Mike V
x Gashi x
RACE TUN3D
Amarth
F4H Bullet
Zeta0085
CQR D4N13L
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Chaddy
Mrbrown33
Simon 0ne
CRA Project182R
LMR Deftone MX
XXX Skyrocket
LucyLou217
SFM Benedict
MOPAR001
F4H Spartan
Wispaking
AR TurboTron
axxilla
HotRockin
CQR NEON
Eycd
AR ROTAXMAXjeff
Michengigan
CQR Jono
ll Taku ll
ShrinkingSteven
F4H Hakkinen
BDR Blackbird
Manual Clutch
TRL Mcauley
TG Wormburner
AR Diggiesmalls
Speed Dem0n 64
BG Wingnut396
CQR HABURi
SorrySmithy
XPR Forbidden
neilracing07
BAM Python
danq85
Standaman94
D4NINHO
TweekPunx
CQR Deuce
HCR Bellmond
Ax4x Cowboy
ART Carrera
Turbo Power 77
theboomeranga
MaynardMK4
Windcharger8199
Blacky Mojo
RumbleBee 392
KZX Spider
F4H Button
F4H Lotterer
XPR Roadrunner
CQR Aero
Ax4x Kane
Ax4x Bandit
RW26 BLAZE
LMR BlackHawk
BG Wumba
CredibleWizard
Matt
CQR Myles
MAB170294
CQR Rogue
Richy59
81 posters

Page 14 of 28 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21 ... 28  Next

Go down

MSA TORA GT Season 11 - General Discussion - Page 14 Empty Re: MSA TORA GT Season 11 - General Discussion

Post by LucyLou217 Sun 20 Apr 2014 - 23:33

TG Wormburner wrote:People probably have notifications turned off

Will check that out, i know i have mine set at 'favourites' so that could be it. Think maybe for next time everyone should set it to 'all' and see if that help Wink
LucyLou217
LucyLou217

TORA Race Number : 521
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2013-02-26

Back to top Go down

MSA TORA GT Season 11 - General Discussion - Page 14 Empty Re: MSA TORA GT Season 11 - General Discussion

Post by F4H Hakkinen Sun 20 Apr 2014 - 23:48

Sorry to add more negativity to this thread but I really am struggling for motivation to continue doing this. Some of the racing standards are getting worse and worse and it's not just here at TORA. Some of the best racing I've ever experienced was JGTC over at VM which had every single assist turned off. Made people think a little bit more. That may be it? If not then what could be the issue? Why is the standard going backwards.

On a larger scale - this game is pretty [Censored] in fairness. It's not intuitive, half the [Censored] is missing, they roll out DLC and Add-ons but can't fix the simple stuff and at Silverstone it took us 3 hours to wrap everything up due to lag and servers being [Censored], this week my car decides to drive in slow motion and then speed up again (fast forward) and then I find myself off the track. So much is missing off this game that it's quite simply the last game I play when I am bored with others. I have really tried hard and I have been super patient but once again - and I'm being a parrot - utter disappointment and I really am looking for the good and trying my best to remain positive if even for my own team.
F4H Hakkinen
F4H Hakkinen

TORA Race Number : 379
Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by BAM Python Sun 20 Apr 2014 - 23:53

u seem like you enjoy [Censored]
BAM Python
BAM Python

TORA Race Number : 208
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2012-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Sun 20 Apr 2014 - 23:56

F4H Chrisupra wrote:Sorry to add more negativity to this thread but I really am struggling for motivation to continue doing this. Some of the racing standards are getting worse and worse and it's not just here at TORA. Some of the best racing I've ever experienced was JGTC over at VM which had every single assist turned off. Made people think a little bit more. That may be it? If not then what could be the issue? Why is the standard going backwards.

On a larger scale - this game is pretty [Censored] in fairness. It's not intuitive, half the [Censored] is missing, they roll out DLC and Add-ons but can't fix the simple stuff and at Silverstone it took us 3 hours to wrap everything up due to lag and servers being [Censored], this week my car decides to drive in slow motion and then speed up again (fast forward) and then I find myself off the track. So much is missing off this game that it's quite simply the last game I play when I am bored with others. I have really tried hard and I have been super patient but once again - and I'm being a parrot - utter disappointment and I really am looking for the good and trying my best to remain positive if even for my own team.

Disable instant on

Hard restart console before race
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

TORA Race Number : 750
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1797
Registration date : 2011-01-10

http://teamgizmo.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ART Carrera Sun 20 Apr 2014 - 23:58

Hunty1981 wrote:
LMR Panamera wrote:
Wispaking wrote:
LMR Panamera wrote:wtf is this garbage man im furious me and my teammate didnt get invites ?! And i messaged the damn host what a joke

I looked at who Eycd was in the game with and it said you were invited :/
we never recieved them though  Crying or Very sad 

sent 3 lobby invites to all those who did not join was told not to wait no longer and to go
I didn't receive any besides the two for qually.. **** xbox live man
ART Carrera
ART Carrera

TORA Race Number : 175
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1559
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Eycd Mon 21 Apr 2014 - 0:01

LMR Panamera wrote:
Hunty1981 wrote:
LMR Panamera wrote:
Wispaking wrote:
LMR Panamera wrote:wtf is this garbage man im furious me and my teammate didnt get invites ?! And i messaged the damn host what a joke

I looked at who Eycd was in the game with and it said you were invited :/
we never recieved them though  Crying or Very sad 

sent 3 lobby invites to all those who did not join was told not to wait no longer and to go
I didn't receive any besides the two for qually.. **** xbox live man
It's a shame because there was room for 5 more people, would have made the racing much more interesting Sad

Eycd

TORA Race Number : 54
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2014-04-12

http://failrace.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Hakkinen Mon 21 Apr 2014 - 0:03

ONR Python wrote:u seem like you enjoy [Censored]

Love it!
F4H Hakkinen
F4H Hakkinen

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Hakkinen Mon 21 Apr 2014 - 0:04

TG Wormburner wrote:
F4H Chrisupra wrote:Sorry to add more negativity to this thread but I really am struggling for motivation to continue doing this. Some of the racing standards are getting worse and worse and it's not just here at TORA. Some of the best racing I've ever experienced was JGTC over at VM which had every single assist turned off. Made people think a little bit more. That may be it? If not then what could be the issue? Why is the standard going backwards.

Disable instant on

Hard restart console before race

Thanks Andy. What's instant on?

Sorry for the rant guys but really I am just more disappointed with the game as a whole
F4H Hakkinen
F4H Hakkinen

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR HABURi Mon 21 Apr 2014 - 0:13

Instant On will be the boot option, what happens when you turn the console on.
CQR HABURi
CQR HABURi

TORA Race Number : 618
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 839
Registration date : 2012-02-11

http://www.cqrclub.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Hakkinen Mon 21 Apr 2014 - 0:14

Right i'll give that a go so! Cheers
F4H Hakkinen
F4H Hakkinen

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Mon 21 Apr 2014 - 0:15

Go to power options in your console
Click it over to "Energy Saving"
It will not allow you to verbally say "Xbox On" anymore but it will fix damn near every problem with the pos
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Eycd Mon 21 Apr 2014 - 0:44

Eycd wrote:Is their a reason I haven't been given a position or any points on the Live timing?
Still no answer on this.

Eycd

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Mon 21 Apr 2014 - 0:47

Because no one that is on the forum can answer it. There was no staff, Wingnut was doing it when he didn't have to, be patient. Errors will be addressed. We were all just racers tonight because staff wasn't here to run the series.
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR NEON Mon 21 Apr 2014 - 0:56

I have to say i am incredibly disappointed with the lack of Staff for this series. This is supposed to be one of TORA's biggest events yet no one can be bothered to do anything with it. Without wingnut tonight nothing would have gone ahead! im about to loose interest with it rapidly and am unsure whether i want to continue with it to be honest. Not to mention running this even on Easter Sunday with the amount things happening outside of TORA seems pretty stupid.  scratch
CQR NEON
CQR NEON

TORA Race Number : 255
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2012-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Deuce Mon 21 Apr 2014 - 1:00

Eycd wrote:
Eycd wrote:Is their a reason I haven't been given a position or any points on the Live timing?
Still no answer on this.

Chances are you won't see any points updated until sometime tomorrow or the next day.
CQR Deuce
CQR Deuce

TORA Race Number : 914
Xbox One Playstation 3

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2012-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Apr 2014 - 1:01

Agreed, don't think I'll be continuing with this, along with many others. The cars don't race well together, its impossible to race against cars going 15mph quicker down straights and then slow through corners. The race format is awful, 5 laps, pit, 5 laps, race done. Rinse and repeat. Yawn. And the preparation, organisation ands support from the organisers is woeful. Sorry TORA, must do a lot better than this or people will race elsewhere instead  Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Eycd Mon 21 Apr 2014 - 1:04

It's just that it was all completed out except from me and a few others points at the bottom. Also was a little annoyed that my team mate didn't even get written down for a lobby let alone invited :/

Eycd

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Mon 21 Apr 2014 - 1:11

I can't really fault anyone, especially Daniel as he was quite squeezed on the start of our race. I got bumped by him and spun around his nose quickly and tagged Mopar on the other side whose car was a sitting duck with those around him and his bad start. I will not file a protest as none is really warranted but I don't think a driver should ever go in the dirt to pass someone on the start.

It happens though, oh well, just a bad chain of events and then I'm stuck with a safety car while my pitstop doesn't even count because it's too early.....smh.

Also agree with Magic on the format, cars, and unfortunately staff and/or organization. My car is blistering down the straight and a handful in the turns. Just as difficult for me in the fast car. One long race would be better served than two really quick ones. Those were, when you take out the pace lap, 15 minute races and it takes 30 minutes to get into them.

Many thanks for what you did tonight Wingnut.
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by BAM Python Mon 21 Apr 2014 - 2:04

Well for 1 thing worm if that [Censored] 5.7 engine wasnt allowed that [Censored] wouldnt happen, you and amarth  came from 8th and would made it to second place if you didnt colide before the first corner who ever the [Censored] said that the 5.7 engine is allowed needs seeing to.. I watched a replay of mcauleys and tg amarth came [censored] blazin down the straight past him whats the point in even racing the next 3 tracks which are 'speed' tracks when that pile of [Censored] is there, everycunt might aswell be using it its unfair and bull[censored]
BAM Python
BAM Python

TORA Race Number : 208
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2012-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Jono Mon 21 Apr 2014 - 2:05

TG Wormburner wrote:Many thanks for what you did tonight Wingnut.

Absolutely Worm - without Wingnut we probably wouldn't have got to race tonight, huge thanks Wingnut Cheers 

Also, CQR Aero has gone above and beyond the call of duty to make sure this series got off the ground with very little assistance. I would loved to help out more with the running of events but looking after 2 young children is not conducive to concentration on race days  Rolling Eyes Very Happy  Anyway, I thought that's why we have large Staff, Community, Media, Steward and Marshall teams.......to help plan, test, promote, organise and run these events.

When TORA was 'buzzing' during the heady days over the past 18 months or so you couldn't move for videos, pictures, race reports, social media promotion - everything appears to have ground to a halt now  scratch 

I did think maybe it was me, that I was missing something........so I've just checked the TORA twitter feed. I found lots of posts about real world Motorsport escapades, link ups with racing teams, etc but virtually nothing about this community or the events the site is hosting.

Maybe the lights of the real world racing paddock are shining brighter these days than those in our virtual version  Crying or Very sad 

Such a shame...............
CQR Jono
CQR Jono

TORA Race Number : 505
Number of posts : 898
Registration date : 2012-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Deftone MX Mon 21 Apr 2014 - 2:11

I'm not on Forza 5 yet, and don't know much about the issues with the game you guys are facing, but I'm sorry to hear about the lack of staff today. Sounds like Wingnut did his best to hold things together, but this is not a one person job.
LMR Deftone MX
LMR Deftone MX

TORA Race Number : 275
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 3634
Registration date : 2012-06-18

http://teamlmr.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR HABURi Mon 21 Apr 2014 - 2:27

Python, we can understand your fustration, but with respect a cuss-fest is not the best way to get your point across.
CQR HABURi
CQR HABURi

TORA Race Number : 618
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 839
Registration date : 2012-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Apr 2014 - 2:40

The best thing that could be done with this championship is scrap it and start again, with a more througly tested car list (shocking oversight to not even consider what effect engine swaps would have on car performance, that really is Forza 101), a race format that works for these cars and properly plan and organise the running of the championship. That's fundamental to any online racing championship, which I thought was the point of this place.

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Deuce Mon 21 Apr 2014 - 2:53

ONR Python wrote:Well for 1 thing worm if that [Censored] 5.7 engine wasnt allowed that [Censored] wouldnt happen, you and amarth  came from 8th and would made it to second place if you didnt colide before the first corner who ever the [Censored] said that the 5.7 engine is allowed needs seeing to.. I watched a replay of mcauleys and tg amarth came fuckin blazin down the straight past him whats the point in even racing the next 3 tracks which are 'speed' tracks when that pile of [Censored] is there, everycunt might aswell be using it its unfair and bullshit

MSA TORA GT Season 11 - General Discussion - Page 14 Bar-of-soap-in-mouth1
CQR Deuce
CQR Deuce

TORA Race Number : 914
Xbox One Playstation 3

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2012-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Deftone MX Mon 21 Apr 2014 - 3:00

CQR Deuce wrote:
ONR Python wrote:Well for 1 thing worm if that [Censored] 5.7 engine wasnt allowed that [Censored] wouldnt happen, you and amarth  came from 8th and would made it to second place if you didnt colide before the first corner who ever the [Censored] said that the 5.7 engine is allowed needs seeing to.. I watched a replay of mcauleys and tg amarth came fuckin blazin down the straight past him whats the point in even racing the next 3 tracks which are 'speed' tracks when that pile of [Censored] is there, everycunt might aswell be using it its unfair and bullshit

MSA TORA GT Season 11 - General Discussion - Page 14 Bar-of-soap-in-mouth1

RALPHY
LMR Deftone MX
LMR Deftone MX

TORA Race Number : 275
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 3634
Registration date : 2012-06-18

http://teamlmr.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 28 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21 ... 28  Next