TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
2014 TORA Spec Cup Series 3 Cup 2 - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
2014 TORA Spec Cup Series 3 Cup 2 - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
2014 TORA Spec Cup Series 3 Cup 2 - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
2014 TORA Spec Cup Series 3 Cup 2 - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
2014 TORA Spec Cup Series 3 Cup 2 - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
2014 TORA Spec Cup Series 3 Cup 2 - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
2014 TORA Spec Cup Series 3 Cup 2 - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
2014 TORA Spec Cup Series 3 Cup 2 - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
2014 TORA Spec Cup Series 3 Cup 2 - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

2014 TORA Spec Cup Series 3 Cup 2 - General Discussion

+37
CRA Urban
CQR Rogue
ShrinkingSteven
Windcharger8199
MAB170294
I Ray P Dave I
skyshadow5
LMP Calloom
hilli182
HCR Bellmond
LMP Dragon
HCR Hamish
MotoYeti
TLR Scrublord
SebastianDoyle
SFM Benedict
Standaman94
CTM AnonCaliga
Racert46
THO Mad Friday
Freheliaz
FSR Groves
DeweyTee
JVanEssen
TheAngryPudding
HCR Wizard
S1lentRaven.
paul299
Ax4x Mikey J
S2M Ranger
CRA XenoMorph
SVR Yamagura
jonnotheone
theboomeranga
RBHMScarhand
JOSHSIGGY
v Hurricane v
41 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

2014 TORA Spec Cup Series 3 Cup 2 - General Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: 2014 TORA Spec Cup Series 3 Cup 2 - General Discussion

Post by Windcharger8199 Thu 8 May 2014 - 10:27

I agree with JVanEssen.  People do need to watch the blocking and I called one guy out on it, but got a smartmouthed remark back.

And three Restarts is a bit much.  There was a lot of Take and no give on the first two attempts and I sat back in the back and watched it all go down.

But Iberian you have to literally wait for the driver you are following to make a mistake.  That is what I did to finish 4th in Race 1, I just let everyone in front of me make the crucial mistake that let me take the spot, I even got a two for on at one point.

And to those I may have made contact with, im sorry, the car doesn't fit my driving style and I hate that track, so combine the two and add a pinch of no front grip and you have a little bit of contact.

And yes the volume of the chat needs to go down, its too loud and is distracting.
Windcharger8199
Windcharger8199

TORA Race Number : 81
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1091
Registration date : 2013-08-02

Back to top Go down

2014 TORA Spec Cup Series 3 Cup 2 - General Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: 2014 TORA Spec Cup Series 3 Cup 2 - General Discussion

Post by THO Mad Friday Thu 8 May 2014 - 10:47

Windcharger8199 wrote:I agree with JVanEssen.  People do need to watch the blocking and I called one guy out on it, but got a smartmouthed remark back.

And three Restarts is a bit much.  There was a lot of Take and no give on the first two attempts and I sat back in the back and watched it all go down.

But Iberian you have to literally wait for the driver you are following to make a mistake.  That is what I did to finish 4th in Race 1, I just let everyone in front of me make the crucial mistake that let me take the spot, I even got a two for on at one point.

And to those I may have made contact with, im sorry, the car doesn't fit my driving style and I hate that track, so combine the two and add a pinch of no front grip and you have a little bit of contact.

And yes the volume of the chat needs to go down, its too loud and is distracting.

Some of the chat in A lobby was just cocky childish remarks, Mad Dog had said not to talk about incidents until post race but some didn't listen, I pulled my headset at the end of race 2 because I couldn't bare to listen to the drivel any more.
THO Mad Friday
THO Mad Friday

TORA Race Number : 808
Xbox 360 Xbox 360

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2013-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by ShrinkingSteven Thu 8 May 2014 - 11:28

^^ That is an SI offense I believe.  Rolling Eyes 
ShrinkingSteven
ShrinkingSteven

TORA Race Number : 8
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2012-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAngryPudding Thu 8 May 2014 - 13:42

Speaking of which, one driver who has an SI against him from R1 will almosy certainly have another after incidents with the same driver last night. I appreciate that SIs take time to do, but by not being solved before R2 this driver has again been able to cost other people places.

If it helps clear the backlog I would be more than willing to assist with SIs for this series, as I feel SIs need to be solved before the next round

TheAngryPudding

TORA Race Number : 989
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1261
Registration date : 2013-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Thu 8 May 2014 - 13:45

We've had quite a few SIs been put in for spec cup last week and not many stewards able to review them until the last two days
Most are finishing up now though and should be able to finalize last weeks and this weeks before round 3
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

TORA Race Number : 31
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7110
Registration date : 2011-12-02

https://www.facebook.com/NSR.Esports1

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAngryPudding Thu 8 May 2014 - 13:48

Nice on Erebus. More than happy to assist with this if we're short of stewards

TheAngryPudding

TORA Race Number : 989
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1261
Registration date : 2013-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Thu 8 May 2014 - 14:22

Bad language childishness remarks not acceptable -

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com/t12061-tora-2013-14-sporting-regulations-19112013

Please PM contact Community Team or Staff to action

Also bad driving if people cant drive safe online and are unwilling to take car they shouldnt race
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by v Hurricane v Thu 8 May 2014 - 15:56

Drivers, if no one can act like they are grown in these rooms then I will shut down the series until you can. As most drivers in the lobbies I host can attest I don't put up with it. I don't expect any of the Marshals that help me each week to either. If you have a problem with someone on the track, wait till the race is over and invite them into a party and talk to them there not in my race lobbies! If you feel that you need to put an SI in then do so. This is everyone's only warning.

This is to Wizard and everyone else. This shows that no one really reads what I post in the rules sections or anywhere else on this forum. I clearly have in big red, bold letters; "Sign In will close 1 HOUR before race time. If you have not signed up by then you will not be able to race. NO EXEPTIONS." The reason every other series host and myself close sign in and registration an hour early is so we can find Marshals to run the lobbies, get live timing in order and maybe do a couple of laps for ourselves. Then we have to get invites out within a 15-20 minute timeframe and doesn't include the drivers that are having trouble getting into each lobby. I'm sorry you didn't get to race, but Sign in for each race is open for over 5 days. If you cannot get to the website to sign in then have one of your teammates or a friend do it for you. It's that simple. So coming onto the forum and complaining that I wouldn't let you race is not going to change my mind on how things are run.
v Hurricane v
v Hurricane v

TORA Race Number : 14
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2012-09-12

http://ax4x.org

Back to top Go down

Post by v Hurricane v Thu 8 May 2014 - 16:27

Sign in is open.
v Hurricane v
v Hurricane v

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Bellmond Thu 8 May 2014 - 17:51

v Hurricane v wrote:Drivers, if no one can act like they are grown in these rooms then I will shut down the series until you can. This is everyone's only warning.

Is it just me who has a problem with this???? From your profile I know your a little older than some of us on here Hurricane but to talk to people like Children is surely not the way forward!! I think you should think before you write belittling people with these comments!

v Hurricane v wrote: If you cannot get to the website to sign in then have one of your teammates or a friend do it for you. It's that simple. So coming onto the forum and complaining that I wouldn't let you race is not going to change my mind on how things are run.

If he cant come online an write his complaint whats the point of this being a forum!! Why isnt it a closed website that we all just sign into google docs for each race and have zero input /comments???? To take this closed up shop attitude you seem to have with regards to rules regs etc dosent help anyone!! Especially TORA as people will start to feel alienated as nobody seems to want to listen!!

I wanted to ask you about the points system and why a fast qualifying time is actually counter productive to the race meet but dare not due to the way you answer and speak to people
HCR Bellmond
HCR Bellmond

TORA Race Number : 35
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1984
Registration date : 2012-08-02

http://happycatracing.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Freheliaz Thu 8 May 2014 - 18:09

I agree with Hurricane on the matter of signing in/up for the race.
It's a small thing to do, you have enough time to do it, someone can do it for you if you can't and the rules are clear on it.
Sure you can discuss it and that's where a forum is for.
Freheliaz
Freheliaz

TORA Race Number : 26
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2014-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by TLR Scrublord Thu 8 May 2014 - 18:18

Freheliaz wrote:I agree with Hurricane on the matter of signing in/up for the race.
It's a small thing to do, you have enough time to do it, someone can do it for you if you can't and  the rules are clear on it.
Sure you can discuss it and that's where a forum is for.

We are humans and we all make mistakes. Connor obviously thought he wasn't going to be busy all day and would have had time to sign in. These things happen, he abided the rules but what's the harm in showing how disappointed he is after practicing all week for this event. Like's been said rules are rules but maybe we should all just calm it down a notch!
TLR Scrublord
TLR Scrublord

TORA Race Number : 11
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 2413
Registration date : 2012-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post by v Hurricane v Thu 8 May 2014 - 19:17

Bellmond, you think I am belittling everyone and putting people down then that's your opinion. If you read what was said beforehand then you would understand why I said it. I was referring to the issues with the behavior in the lobbies during the race and the behavior of some of the drivers. Our lobbies should not resemble what there is in the public races. We all have to hold ourselves to a higher standard and we have rules for that.

As for Wizards post, I thought him and I had an agreement when I talked to him yesterday before the race and for him to come on here and complain was pretty insulting to me. I understand he was upset and I felt bad having to turn him away because I know he a fast driver.

But, if you don't like the job I am doing talk to the Staff and let them know. Yes, I am older and yes I am a hardass, but I have a job here to do and I am trying my best. If what I say hurts then I apologize. But, it's the way I am.
v Hurricane v
v Hurricane v

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by TLR Scrublord Thu 8 May 2014 - 19:26

Also, Mad Friday can you pm me with any of the issues with A lobby unless there is a stewards about them because I honestly don't remember any issues. Will keep my eyes and ears open in the future Cool
TLR Scrublord
TLR Scrublord

TORA Race Number : 11
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 2413
Registration date : 2012-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Wizard Thu 8 May 2014 - 21:03

Right, i'm not quoting everything I disagree with as I simply cannot be arsed. I have just got in from my 3rd 18 hour day on the trot and I am knackered so anything in this post may be a touch harsh but I really couldn't care less. I did swear in the party and didn't come to an agreement at all hence why I left the party without another word. The rule is utterly [Censored], what if you don't have internet access untill 50 minutes before the race and haven't had it all week? You not gonna let them race then? Granted rules are rules but it's a [Censored] online race series it isn't the Silverstone F1 GP, it doesn't take 5 minutes to add that info into a google doc as I and my company use them daily for measurements/details for signs, vans, offsets, scaffolding, levels etc etc. This has somewhat pissed me off, I joined TORA again after 2/3 years out and it has changed for the worse, it used to be very relaxed and granted there were politics but this is ridiculous. As previously stated if you were to run a series with regs as close to real life as possible a late entry would be possible with some sort of deduction, be it cash, online credits, something simple and easy. Nobody is perfect, if you are willing to convince me you have never made a mistake in life then please do and I shall retract all comments made but personally I can't see that happening.

HCR Wizard

TORA Race Number : 431
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2014-02-10

http://www.cwhdesigns.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 9 May 2014 - 2:11

Wizard when spearheading an evening organisation is key, one person has to lead every host, every lobby, all the drivers and make sure everyone is happy and ready from the Ground up, Sign-In threads should be open for a series up to 7 days before the next meet, if a rule states the close will be 1 hour before hand then that's more than fair.

As you know I run the USGT series which last season averaged around 70 drivers, to explain how difficult a task it is to manage I had to drop out from racing myself 2 rounds in a row JUST to get it going.

If the problem lies deeper please don't hesitate to contact me directly via PM and express any concerns freely, if you would like to swear to vent by all means as long as it isn't directed I don't mind.

That goes to anyone and everyone reading, if you have an idea you think can benefit or just want to speak openly, my door is always open.

For now I suggest all drivers take a break, get some rest and come back in the morning or after with a clear head, post-race discussions can always be heated for the slightest of reasons.

Thank you.
-Chris.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Fri 9 May 2014 - 6:43

Wizard, I see you took a two-three year break from TORA, then have come back to find new rules and such. Let me fill you in on the why...

Back two or three years ago, the site had a couple hundred members, and a couple dozen active members. Over the past couple years that has increased tenfold, to a couple thousand members and a couple hundred active members.

The one hour sign in rule happened out of necessity, when series such as ISCC and TCC started drawing 80+ entries per round. With that many entries, having some ten percent turn up at the last minute is a huge pain. So, a rule was implememnted to make things go as smooth as possible for as many people as possible.

Sorry if the rules can be an inconvenience for some at times, but having 5-10 last minute entries in an already huge series was an inconvenience to damn near everybody.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Windcharger8199 Fri 9 May 2014 - 7:14

^ +1

Also Warspite I love the spinning tank in your banner.  Is it from World of Tanks?
Windcharger8199
Windcharger8199

TORA Race Number : 81
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1091
Registration date : 2013-08-02

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Wizard Fri 9 May 2014 - 7:47

Flyin Mikey J wrote:Wizard, I see you took a two-three year break from TORA, then have come back to find new rules and such. Let me fill you in on the why...

Back two or three years ago, the site had a couple hundred members, and a couple dozen active members. Over the past couple years that has increased tenfold, to a couple thousand members and a couple hundred active members.

The one hour sign in rule happened out of necessity, when series such as ISCC and TCC started drawing 80+ entries per round. With that many entries, having some ten percent turn up at the last minute is a huge pain. So, a rule was implememnted to make things go as smooth as possible for as many people as possible.

Sorry if the rules can be an inconvenience for some at times, but having 5-10 last minute entries in an already huge series was an inconvenience to damn near everybody.

That does make sense Mikey and I appreciate all the hard work gone into all the TORA series and all the TCR series' as I know 1st hand how much time it requires to run such an event. However I still can't see how it can harm the time/running of the night with a few late turn ins, non sign ins etc. I'm just about to leave for my 4th 18 hour day on the trot and might just be home in time for the UTE's tonight, if so then i'll have a discussion with you all on the box tonight.

HCR Wizard

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Fri 9 May 2014 - 8:01

^ When you have already made the list of who to invite, who is hosting which lobby, and then have to recheck the forums on the fly to make sure nobody gets left uninvited... especially if there are enough late entries to warrant adding an extra q lobby, which then requires yet another host to be found.

But, due to the smallish size of the series I host on Friday, I tend to not enforce that one hour rule. Downside to that is I think it may be better to be uniform in enforcement of all TORA rules... just for consistency's sake.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 9 May 2014 - 8:03

It's simply logistics mate, until you run an event of your own whereby you are responsible for dozens of people's whole evening, you won't fully understand the pressures.

7 Days is plenty of time to sign-in for an event, if you can't find the time to get on within this period, just request a friend to do it for you.

Back to top Go down

Post by I Ray P Dave I Fri 9 May 2014 - 9:12

Think the point connor is trying to make is he physically had no time to sign in or ask anyone to sign him in within the time period, no defending anyone but from my point of view and know how his company has got busier, he has little time to do anything anymore, but as I said that's just my 2 cents
I Ray P Dave I
I Ray P Dave I

TORA Race Number : 199
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2012-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Wizard Fri 9 May 2014 - 13:03

I used to be on the box from 6.30-11 allmost every night, I'm lucky if I manage to get home and hav my tea prior to 9.30 at the moment. I think they're should be abit of leeway. I'm fedup of arguing but I think the rule should be reviewed and possibly changed, with a cap of 5/6 late entries etc as I'm sure I'm not the frat or te last that has had this issue.

HCR Wizard

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Bellmond Fri 9 May 2014 - 14:06

Its not about been a hardass, if that is who you are then fine but its no excuse for rudeness and harsh comments. When your in a position such as yourself where you are required to speak and convey messages to large group of people you should choose your language and manner to your target audience. We are all grown up here and will racing is something we all feel passionate about so naturally we will all have an opinion. To invalidate those opinions and request them not to be posted isnt right. I personally did feel belittled by your previous comments and that also isnt right, this is a community not a dictatorship! Im not saying your bad at what you do I only ask that you just read through what you say before you say it and think of how people it will make people feel or react. That will help make everyone's experience here on TORA much nicer.
HCR Bellmond
HCR Bellmond

TORA Race Number : 35
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1984
Registration date : 2012-08-02

http://happycatracing.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by I Ray P Dave I Fri 9 May 2014 - 14:52

HCR Bellmond wrote:Its not about been a hardass, if that is who you are then fine but its no excuse for rudeness and harsh comments. When your in a position such as yourself where you are required to speak and convey messages to large group of people you should choose your language and manner to your target audience. We are all grown up here and will racing is something we all feel passionate about so naturally we will all have an opinion. To invalidate those opinions and request them not to be posted isnt right. I personally did feel belittled by your previous comments and that also isnt right, this is a community not a dictatorship! Im not saying your bad at what you do I only ask that you just read through what you say before you say it and think of how people it will make people feel or react. That will help make everyone's experience here on TORA much nicer.

+1
I Ray P Dave I
I Ray P Dave I

TORA Race Number : 199
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2012-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next