TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
2014 TORA Spec Cup Series 3 Cup 2 - General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
2014 TORA Spec Cup Series 3 Cup 2 - General Discussion - Page 4 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
2014 TORA Spec Cup Series 3 Cup 2 - General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
2014 TORA Spec Cup Series 3 Cup 2 - General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
2014 TORA Spec Cup Series 3 Cup 2 - General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
2014 TORA Spec Cup Series 3 Cup 2 - General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
2014 TORA Spec Cup Series 3 Cup 2 - General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
2014 TORA Spec Cup Series 3 Cup 2 - General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
2014 TORA Spec Cup Series 3 Cup 2 - General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

2014 TORA Spec Cup Series 3 Cup 2 - General Discussion

+37
CRA Urban
CQR Rogue
ShrinkingSteven
Windcharger8199
MAB170294
I Ray P Dave I
skyshadow5
LMP Calloom
hilli182
HCR Bellmond
LMP Dragon
HCR Hamish
MotoYeti
TLR Scrublord
SebastianDoyle
SFM Benedict
Standaman94
CTM AnonCaliga
Racert46
THO Mad Friday
Freheliaz
FSR Groves
DeweyTee
JVanEssen
TheAngryPudding
HCR Wizard
S1lentRaven.
paul299
Ax4x Mikey J
S2M Ranger
CRA XenoMorph
SVR Yamagura
jonnotheone
theboomeranga
RBHMScarhand
JOSHSIGGY
v Hurricane v
41 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

2014 TORA Spec Cup Series 3 Cup 2 - General Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: 2014 TORA Spec Cup Series 3 Cup 2 - General Discussion

Post by TheAngryPudding Tue 6 May 2014 - 22:16

Freheliaz wrote:I think you can disqualify almost everybody then since many numberboards are not in the correct place.
Some don't have it on their wing. Which I still want to know why is there a numberboard on the wing?
Perhaps an idea to increase the green square where you may put your numberboard.

Because thems the rules! Everyone has to run it so everyone should. Hurricane gives his time up to come up with this series he shouldnt have to put up with everyone bugging him to change things because they dont like it.

TheAngryPudding

TORA Race Number : 989
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1261
Registration date : 2013-01-03

Back to top Go down

2014 TORA Spec Cup Series 3 Cup 2 - General Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: 2014 TORA Spec Cup Series 3 Cup 2 - General Discussion

Post by Freheliaz Tue 6 May 2014 - 22:22

I only want to know the reason behind it.
I don't call for a change of it, I question why is it there.
Freheliaz
Freheliaz

TORA Race Number : 26
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2014-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Wed 7 May 2014 - 0:13

The reason for it being on the wing is because the roof is carbon fiber or something so you can't place vinyls there
UsuaUsually in spec cup there's a number box on the roof
But you can't on the veloster so it's on the wing instead
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

TORA Race Number : 31
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7110
Registration date : 2011-12-02

https://www.facebook.com/NSR.Esports1

Back to top Go down

Post by v Hurricane v Wed 7 May 2014 - 0:42

Erebus is correct that you cannot place the board on the roof. It's because it's made of glass and Forza in it's weird reasoning will not allow them there. On all other SPEC series it is placed on the roof.

Wizard, if yours is the same as Mad Dogs, then it's fine.

As for the door boards, I'm not going to be picky about where they are placed so as long as they are near the correct area, not over/undersized and have the correct font which I think is Upper Letter 1.

Also TORA requires them to be uniform because this is a sanctioned main series and can be broadcast. You don't see any other series with mismatched boards.
v Hurricane v
v Hurricane v

TORA Race Number : 14
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2012-09-12

http://ax4x.org

Back to top Go down

Post by jonnotheone Wed 7 May 2014 - 7:58

Are mine ok hurricane.????
jonnotheone
jonnotheone

TORA Race Number : 66
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1151
Registration date : 2014-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Wizard Wed 7 May 2014 - 8:09

v Hurricane v wrote:Erebus is correct that you cannot place the board on the roof. It's because it's made of glass and Forza in it's weird reasoning will not allow them there. On all other SPEC series it is placed on the roof.

Wizard, if yours is the same as Mad Dogs, then it's fine.

As for the door boards, I'm not going to be picky about where they are placed so as long as they are near the correct area, not over/undersized and have the correct font which I think is Upper Letter 1.

Also TORA requires them to be uniform because this is a sanctioned main series and can be broadcast. You don't see any other series with mismatched boards.

Cheers buddy, all 3 cars are exactly the same Smile

HCR Wizard

TORA Race Number : 431
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2014-02-10

http://www.cwhdesigns.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by hilli182 Wed 7 May 2014 - 8:55

just to clarify, can we have extra number boards along with the marked area ones, by that i mean - as part of our livery I have included a number board on the bonnet.

Does this have to be removed?
hilli182
hilli182

TORA Race Number : 182
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2013-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by THO Mad Friday Wed 7 May 2014 - 10:16

v Hurricane v wrote:After looking at all the replays for the first race. I have noticed some things about the cars. Quite a few drivers that are registered in the series and raced in Meeting 1 do not either have the series numberboards in the correct place, running incorrect numberboards or don't have them at all! It is CLEARLY stated in the rules under the 2014 TORA Spec Cup Series 3 Cup 2 - Liveries and Numberboards link what boards should be run and are mandatory, where they go on the car and how to get them. The rule didn't just magically pop up overnight gentlemen. It has been up there for now close to 5 weeks since I announced the series. Not having the correct numberboards is an SI penalty and can be enforced.

So from here on out, I will go through every replay. which means taking time out of my day top do this. Which in turn keeps me from doing other things here at TORA to make racing more enjoyable. Anyone that has an incorrect placement or missing series vinyl as stated in the rules, I will have an SI entered against that driver. And will continue to enter an SI until the issue is fixed or that you have enough SI's against you that you start getting disqualified from races.

As far as getting the series vinyl's. If you cannot get them from myself. Please ask another driver, CT, Marshal, Steward or one of my teammates for them. Just be sure when you ask remember you must be on that persons friends list to get them.

So please get them corrected asap!!

I can help you if your short of time
THO Mad Friday
THO Mad Friday

TORA Race Number : 808
Xbox 360 Xbox 360

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2013-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by LMP Calloom Wed 7 May 2014 - 15:57

Can someone please send me the Spec Cup Season 5 series 3 Cup 2 number placards please need them for tonight been wait for them. Thank You

LMP Calloom

TORA Race Number : 670
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2014-03-12

http://carbonviper93.wix.com/lmp-motorsport

Back to top Go down

Post by DeweyTee Wed 7 May 2014 - 16:02

DarkGunner40 wrote:Can someone please send me the Spec Cup Season 5 series 3 Cup 2 number placards please need them for tonight been wait for them. Thank You
Try typing "TORA" in the storefront vinyls search. They are probably on somebody's storefront.
DeweyTee
DeweyTee

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2011-12-21

Back to top Go down

Post by skyshadow5 Wed 7 May 2014 - 22:28

DarkGunner40 wrote:Can someone please send me the Spec Cup Season 5 series 3 Cup 2 number placards please need them for tonight been wait for them. Thank You

This thread was posted 06/04/2014 telling people about the rules regarding liveries and numberboards:
http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com/t13008-2014-tora-spec-cup-series-3-cup-2-liveries-and-numberboards

The community team (below) to whom you were requested to send a friend request to ask for the series liveries and numberboards.
http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com/g65-community-team

It's not rocket science, is it.
skyshadow5
skyshadow5

TORA Race Number : 404
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2013-08-15

http://www.maturevideogamer.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Wed 7 May 2014 - 22:33

Sorry I wasn't there guys
Had a huge headache and dizziness again so thought it was best to sleep
Hope it went well
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

PC Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by THO Mad Friday Wed 7 May 2014 - 22:36

That was some mighty fine close racing HCR Bellmond, over half a lap side by side!!! Thanks to Mad Dog for running the lobby, nice racing from both HCR and Team Hard in A lobby.
THO Mad Friday
THO Mad Friday

Xbox 360 Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by v Hurricane v Wed 7 May 2014 - 23:03

Results are up for Meeting 2.
v Hurricane v
v Hurricane v

TORA Race Number : 14
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2012-09-12

http://ax4x.org

Back to top Go down

Post by THO Mad Friday Wed 7 May 2014 - 23:09

And thanks to hurricane for running the show, its a great series, already excited to find out what the car choice will be next time.
THO Mad Friday
THO Mad Friday

Xbox 360 Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by jonnotheone Wed 7 May 2014 - 23:31

Good racing in c lobby thanks lobby host I got my first tora win lol
jonnotheone
jonnotheone

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by JVanEssen Thu 8 May 2014 - 2:47

Congrats Jono but I am gonna go the other way about C lobby. To be completely honest some of the driving was extremely questionable at best. I am all for everyone wanting to get in and race but some general racing lines need to be followed. Dropping wheels at every corner. Braking at either the apex or about 1000 feet back while hooking back and forth makes you a complete road block and impossible to get around. The constant irrelevant banter is a distraction as well but not the issue today.
JVanEssen
JVanEssen

TORA Race Number : 661
Xbox 360 Xbox 360

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2014-01-21

http://metaskate.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Wizard Thu 8 May 2014 - 6:51

So I forgot to sign in as I was at work at 4am and got in at 7.30pm, Hurricaine wouldn't let me race. Pretty miffed to say the least. Rules are rules and that's fine, but if we are trying to replicate real life events here then surely a late entry fee would be applicable, I turned up at Brands Hatch and my team had took the race car down in the lorry (One massive cost in itself) went to sign in on the Saturday after testing on Friday and I hadn't sent the form off, all that was require was a £100 late entry fee charge, i'd of paid 20million in game credits to race last night just don't see how it could cost that much extra time, admin set-up etc, it's one 9 letter name, a 3 digit number and a 13 letter team name to type in at worst but it could even be copied and pasted. I had people turn up for my Twingo Cup that weren't signed in and it cost me naff all I just let them race, i'm not actually annoyed know (I was last night) i'm more disappointed in how this is meant to be 'real life racing' while on a sim in essence, yet some simple rules that are allowed in real life racing aren't followed. Rant over, to save the hassle next week Haydo is signing me in, hope you all had good races, I went and did some B Class public hoppers and destroyed everybody with 14 wins out of 15 Wink

HCR Wizard

TORA Race Number : 431
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2014-02-10

http://www.cwhdesigns.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by I Ray P Dave I Thu 8 May 2014 - 8:05

HCR Wizard wrote:So I forgot to sign in as I was at work at 4am and got in at 7.30pm, Hurricaine wouldn't let me race. Pretty miffed to say the least. Rules are rules and that's fine, but if we are trying to replicate real life events here then surely a late entry fee would be applicable, I turned up at Brands Hatch and my team had took the race car down in the lorry (One massive cost in itself) went to sign in on the Saturday after testing on Friday and I hadn't sent the form off, all that was require was a £100 late entry fee charge, i'd of paid 20million in game credits to race last night just don't see how it could cost that much extra time, admin set-up etc, it's one 9 letter name, a 3 digit number and a 13 letter team name to type in at worst but it could even be copied and pasted. I had people turn up for my Twingo Cup that weren't signed in and it cost me naff all I just let them race, i'm not actually annoyed know (I was last night) i'm more disappointed in how this is meant to be 'real life racing' while on a sim in essence, yet some simple rules that are allowed in real life racing aren't followed. Rant over, to save the hassle next week Haydo is signing me in, hope you all had good races, I went and did some B Class public hoppers and destroyed everybody with 14 wins out of 15 Wink

#BclassWhore Wink
I Ray P Dave I
I Ray P Dave I

TORA Race Number : 199
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2012-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by jonnotheone Thu 8 May 2014 - 8:08

JVanEssen wrote:Congrats Jono but I am gonna go the other way about C lobby.  To be completely honest some of the driving was extremely questionable at best.  I am all for everyone wanting to get in and race but some general racing lines need to be followed.  Dropping wheels at every corner. Braking at either the apex or about 1000 feet back while hooking back and forth makes you a complete road block and impossible to get around.  The constant irrelevant banter is a distraction as well but not the issue today.
I agree mate im all up for a bit of banter but if I didnt turn my ear peice down I wouldnt of won lol no offence to anyone but some people do talk alot lol..I cant honestly say much about the races as race one spun out and race 2 I won so I didnt see much of anyones driving to be honest. But yes chat needs to be quietened down some.
jonnotheone
jonnotheone

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by MAB170294 Thu 8 May 2014 - 8:31

JVanEssen wrote:Congrats Jono but I am gonna go the other way about C lobby.  To be completely honest some of the driving was extremely questionable at best.  I am all for everyone wanting to get in and race but some general racing lines need to be followed.  Dropping wheels at every corner. Braking at either the apex or about 1000 feet back while hooking back and forth makes you a complete road block and impossible to get around.  The constant irrelevant banter is a distraction as well but not the issue today.
That's all part of racing though, some people find it quicker going round corners using different lines and it could also be down to a setup, like when i first got the car i couldn't go flat out round half the corners and had to brake in the middle for a good time.
If you cant pass them straight away, just follow them for a few laps, work out what they're doing and their week spot and then take advantage.
MAB170294
MAB170294

TORA Race Number : 40
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 635
Registration date : 2013-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Thu 8 May 2014 - 8:35

MAB170294 wrote:
That's all part of racing though, some people find it quicker going round corners using different lines and it could also be down to a setup, like when i first got the car i couldn't go flat out round half the corners and had to brake in the middle for a good time.
If you cant pass them straight away, just follow them for a few laps, work out what they're doing and their week spot and then take advantage.
Adding onto that
Most week spots are Monday to Friday Wink
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

PC Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Bellmond Thu 8 May 2014 - 8:41

LMR Mad Friday wrote:That was some mighty fine close racing HCR Bellmond, over half a lap side by side!!! Thanks to Mad Dog for running the lobby, nice racing from both HCR and Team Hard in A lobby.

It was lots of fun mate!!! Great racing!!
HCR Bellmond
HCR Bellmond

TORA Race Number : 35
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1984
Registration date : 2012-08-02

http://happycatracing.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by CRA XenoMorph Thu 8 May 2014 - 8:46

jonnotheone wrote:I agree mate im all up for a bit of banter but if I didnt turn my ear peice down I wouldnt of won lol no offence to anyone but some people do talk alot lol..I cant honestly say much about the races as race one spun out and race 2 I won so I didnt see much of anyones driving to be honest. But yes chat needs to be quietened down some.

Yes, I fully agree..  People should be more quite in the race..

Next time I will be more strict about that..  

What I also think is that people should take more care especially in the second race where we have the reversed grid.. Give each other more room because you can't win the race in the first or second corner, you can only lose it there..

I think three restarts is a bit too much to be honest

Altough the first race was good, had a great battle with JVanEssen but the second race could have been better guys..

See you all next week  Wink
CRA XenoMorph
CRA XenoMorph

TORA Race Number : 37
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2012-05-03

http://www.clubcraracing.fullforums.net

Back to top Go down

Post by MAB170294 Thu 8 May 2014 - 10:12

I have to admit quite pleased with my results on my return to TORA racing and I have to say bar a few incidents i noticed lobby B was exceptionally clean and chatter free. Really enjoyed it, thanks everyone
MAB170294
MAB170294

TORA Race Number : 40
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 635
Registration date : 2013-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next