TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TORA US Superstock Challenge - General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TORA US Superstock Challenge - General Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TORA US Superstock Challenge - General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA US Superstock Challenge - General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA US Superstock Challenge - General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA US Superstock Challenge - General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA US Superstock Challenge - General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA US Superstock Challenge - General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA US Superstock Challenge - General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA US Superstock Challenge - General Discussion

+15
TheCamberKing52
RumbleBee 392
HCR MeRiCA
SVR Solar
tekQ IG
LER VisionThing
F4H Stingray
Dominic Mako
XPR Moontower
Diablo 29x
xICEMANx41
Ax4x Mikey J
LMR Hybrid
VICGT1970
JOSHSIGGY
19 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

TORA US Superstock Challenge - General Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: TORA US Superstock Challenge - General Discussion

Post by XPR Moontower Wed 4 Feb 2015 - 12:15

No, as always, we will look at it, we DO allow ongoing balancing, we'll see if we can make a change by next week. But as for the camaro, qualified 2nd and was handily running 1st in A lobby this week.
XPR Moontower
XPR Moontower

TORA Race Number : 879
Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2013-06-15

Back to top Go down

TORA US Superstock Challenge - General Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: TORA US Superstock Challenge - General Discussion

Post by xICEMANx41 Wed 4 Feb 2015 - 12:23

My mistake. I meant the other ST car.
xICEMANx41
xICEMANx41

TORA Race Number : 17
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2014-12-11

http://www.forzasimracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by xICEMANx41 Wed 4 Feb 2015 - 12:24

On the handicap. Not the camaro
xICEMANx41
xICEMANx41

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by XPR Moontower Wed 4 Feb 2015 - 12:33

Ok.gotcha. I'll run some tests this week and see what we can do.
XPR Moontower
XPR Moontower

Back to top Go down

Post by tekQ IG Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 1:01

I'm dropping out of the Super Stock series. It's just not my style of car, too much work to make it fast.

Good luck to you guys!
tekQ IG
tekQ IG

TORA Race Number : 330
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2012-06-03

http://www.crash.net

Back to top Go down

Post by xICEMANx41 Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 1:07

So as I spend the next two weeks on this car, am I practice at 0.40 on the handicap on restriction or 0.60...

xICEMANx41
xICEMANx41

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Mako Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 1:15

I just built the BMW about 20 minutes ago, went into a private lobby, set power HC to .60, and on lap 5 my time was 1:37.465. That's faster than my qually time in the Miata.
Dominic Mako
Dominic Mako

TORA Race Number : 428
Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2013-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by xICEMANx41 Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 2:50

I am on Road America now. Going to practice, practice, practice to learn how to throw this car through turns....

I would be Qualified 22nd of 31 cars in real life compared to last year's race qualifying time.
xICEMANx41
xICEMANx41

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 3:59

i will jump in on this and build the BMW myself and have a look at it, hope the Organisers dont mind my input if i do give it a bash but would like to know what track and what Laptimes need 2 be compared 2 Smile
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

TORA Race Number : 202
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2014-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by XPR Moontower Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 4:56

Thanks Dominic, like we said, the car is NOT slow, it's the fastest of the bunch in all reality, but because it's speed comes in and off the corners, it is harder to race AT people. It's not a novice pick, lemme run it at next week's track tomorrow and see what I can get. Iceman what were you running lap time wise?
XPR Moontower
XPR Moontower

Back to top Go down

Post by xICEMANx41 Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 11:55

I have posted my times in lap area. I am not going to discuss this anymore. It's obvious that unless I am Solar Flar3 talented, that I will run in the back. Got it. Understood. I used your tune, gained 1 second. You just said it yourself, it's not a novice pick, which is wrong to start with. You should not build a car that is impossible to drive fast unless you are a top guy. If you made a car that difficult to drive/Tune? Then you should have posted THAT somewhere. Seeing as how you don't allow car changes and all! Hey, how about we look at the Super Mini? How about that one...

Like I said before, I will just run, run, run all week long to try to figure out how you want me to drive this car in the turns... Since that is the "secret" to this car. Telemetry numbers alone prove it's not the Fastest car out there.

I'm done. I apologize for asking you to look at what the car is doing. I have also been saying this since long beach when they were blowing me away on the straights there... Oh, it's just a bad track for the bmw....

Btw, I built each one of your cars on st and ran then all at road America. I am literally 4 seconds slower in the bmw compared to running a mini, scion and miata. Hey, my driving style did not change... So how did I gain so much time in those cars? I just asked to get the same power as the rest of the cars still have. It's cool. I'm done. I am silent. I will not bring this up again. Your point IS made. I need to go switch bodies with Solar Flar3... Where is that little bugger at...
xICEMANx41
xICEMANx41

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by xICEMANx41 Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 11:58

Road Atlanta, not road america
xICEMANx41
xICEMANx41

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by XPR Moontower Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 14:34

I didn't mean to upset you iceman, not in the slightest, so I apologize. We tried to provide a mix of cars with different strengths/weaknesses that someone could pick to suit their driving style, as well as to compliment their best tracks on the calendar.

What would you have me do though, so you aren't the quickest, that's fine. I can't raise the performance of a car that is already competitive with the quicker guys driving it, because then you have something that the quicker guys will take and absolutely run away with.

But let me talk to the higher ups, there surely is something we can do.
XPR Moontower
XPR Moontower

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 14:48

XPR Moontower wrote:I didn't mean to upset you iceman, not in the slightest, so I apologize. We tried to provide a mix of cars with different strengths/weaknesses that someone could pick to suit their driving style, as well as to compliment their best tracks on the calendar.

What would you have me do though, so you aren't the quickest, that's fine. I can't raise the performance of a car that is already competitive with the quicker guys driving it, because then you have something that the quicker guys will take and absolutely run away with.

But let me talk to the higher ups, there surely is something we can do.

not to stamp out Iceman or anything but whitch top guy is actually running the BMW and keeping up with the other cars? if no 1 else is running it maybe a lil knock down in the Handicap for the not so quick drivers to atleast try and put the other drivers under pressure, just an Idea if no 1 who is exceptionally quick in that BMW i will test and tune it and see what i can get out off it myself after Silverstone at weekend
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

Xbox 360 PC

Back to top Go down

Post by VICGT1970 Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 16:13

Hay guys for me the BMW seems to be faster then my SCION at
Road Atlanta I did test the BMW

BMW after 7 laps 1:37.954
SCION after 50-60 laps 1:38.463
I am not sure how the BMW could be 4 seconds slower then the SCION

Road America
Iceman 2:34.707 BMW
VICGT1970 2:34.795 SCION
So far early tests show the cars have very close lap times

VICGT1970

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 16:15

right after i have done silverstone 1000k i will be testing and tuning the BMW to best of its abilities i just need Laptimes to hit and that and i will share this tune with anyone who wants it, so for now inless i am really poor in the car can we just knock this on the head, organisers have tried the best 2 Even all cars out, so maybe with someone who is not so accustomed to FM5 for Pace wise but is okayish on FM4 could be a good input on the organisers front Smile
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

Xbox 360 PC

Back to top Go down

Post by xICEMANx41 Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 19:44

That time was me balls to the wall, about to flip it. I am overdriving the turns, as I was told to do.

Solar - no one else is driving it, as I was told in a lobby, because no one wanted to run with that handicap on the performance. Their words, not mine... So others tried it and said, no thanks! I would not even be in a Beemer if it was not for Turner. I like the team, the guys.

What you also have failed to post is that I have an avg lap time on each 7 lap run, that is around a second slower. So for one lap, I kept up. Which is cool. Like I said earlier, i am done arguing it. My point was, you yourself said that you have to drive it hard in and out of the corners to be fast. Which means that you are literally agreeing with me when I say, you neutered the car on the straights, where it's supposed to actually have the advantage.

I will just find someone to tune this car in a way that does not look like a rock and sound like a Yugo on the straights. When the car gets smacked around at Road America the next race, I will send my replays to the "fast" guys to please tell me where I am "losing" time. I am not fast in most cars, but CTSCC cars are not those cars.

I am not pissed off. I am irritated that the car has to be driven in such a way that if you make 1 mistake, you are done. Like I said before, I watched ^^^ scion drift turn 1 three times And then just blow my doors off on the backstretch. The car has NO room for error. Not for a novice, you said.

Solar, would you please build me a tune that is workable. If you get time.
xICEMANx41
xICEMANx41

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by XPR Moontower Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 19:58

We can't take a car that is very quick as is, and make it an absolutely dominant car by giving it more power, just because of one person. If their were a group petition or problem, we'd be forced to act, but everyone that reads this, goes and drives the M3 and is equal to if not faster than in their own car. We can possibly talk about a car change, what was your backup car choice? I know there are rules, but there are extenuating circumstances, and that's why we have backups.
XPR Moontower
XPR Moontower

Back to top Go down

Post by xICEMANx41 Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 20:02

If the car is so dominant, then please enlighten me as to why not a single other driver chose either of the handicapped cars? Not one....

I am going to see what I can do. I don't even know what a second choice would be. I am not trying to change the rules either. I myself said I was way faster in the other cars for some reason. And not even a little bit..
xICEMANx41
xICEMANx41

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by xICEMANx41 Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 20:03

I chose the BMW, I will stAy in it however it's built. The 1 driver comment though.... It's not like I have anyone in race to compare myself to....
xICEMANx41
xICEMANx41

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 20:05

I will build u the Tune Iceman dont worry i will tune the car for you so u can keep up hopefully same as for Touring US masters i will tune your car for that, this needs to be sorted i will tune you the car iceman no need 2 worry.
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

Xbox 360 PC

Back to top Go down

Post by xICEMANx41 Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 20:10

^^^ there isn't much more I can do in touring masters!  Lol.  I am where I expected to be in there, midpack!  lol
xICEMANx41
xICEMANx41

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by XPR Moontower Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 20:13

There's really only about 4or 5 drivers period that chose any of the handicapped cars, because they're a pain to tune to be honest. And the ST class is pretty spoiled for car choice. With 8 cars and about 12 registered in ST, makes sense that there would be only one, maybe two drivers per car choice.

Right now the car ISN'T dominant, but it's fast as hell, it could be dominant in dominant hands, but with more power, it'd be dominant in just about hands.

I've got some super quick ST guys rounding up later, I'm going to take some replays of the car at race pace with other cars and we'll determine what to do from there. We can also provide you a tune,happily.
XPR Moontower
XPR Moontower

Back to top Go down

Post by xICEMANx41 Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 20:19

Understood.  I am just slow.  Can't drive.  Got it.

I'm done.  I am just going to keep practicing.  Maybe one day u will learn to drive fast.
xICEMANx41
xICEMANx41

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by xICEMANx41 Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 20:20

xIcemanx41 wrote:Understood.  I am just slow.  Can't drive.  Got it.

I'm done.  I am just going to keep practicing.  Maybe one day u will learn to drive fast.

"I" will learn to drive fast.  Damn autocorrect
xICEMANx41
xICEMANx41

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next