TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
MSA TORA Maximum Group VAG Trophy - General Discussion EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
MSA TORA Maximum Group VAG Trophy - General Discussion EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
MSA TORA Maximum Group VAG Trophy - General Discussion EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
MSA TORA Maximum Group VAG Trophy - General Discussion EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
MSA TORA Maximum Group VAG Trophy - General Discussion EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
MSA TORA Maximum Group VAG Trophy - General Discussion EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
MSA TORA Maximum Group VAG Trophy - General Discussion EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
MSA TORA Maximum Group VAG Trophy - General Discussion EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
MSA TORA Maximum Group VAG Trophy - General Discussion EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

MSA TORA Maximum Group VAG Trophy - General Discussion

+42
AMR of the Apex
AMS MeaD 212
Dragonsyoung
JOSHSIGGY
BalmierPie671
CRA XenoMorph
theboomeranga
HCR Bellmond
BR m33pm33p
galeforce97
Badger Gravling
CQR Honcho
PLOW tubbi
jonnotheone
darylthecrude
TLR Scrublord
Ax4x Chaddy
ShrinkingSteven
HCR Motorhead
xVampirAx
Turbo Power 77
HCR Skodaboie
Ax4x Mikey J
PTG Chungus
connor7195
AdamWatson99
SVR Yamagura
SFM Benedict
HCR Yar Yar Yar
I Ray P Dave I
IBlueIJaBBRexI
CQR MAGiC
Freheliaz
Matt
SECR Marko1100
TH3 LOBST3R
Ax4x Cowboy
skyshadow5
SVR Solar
bearboy54
xebot360
Standaman94
46 posters

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Go down

MSA TORA Maximum Group VAG Trophy - General Discussion Empty MSA TORA Maximum Group VAG Trophy - General Discussion

Post by Standaman94 Wed 18 Feb 2015 - 20:29

MSA TORA Maximum Group VAG Trophy - General Discussion 16573367095_484871fe54_o

General discussion here please Smile
Standaman94
Standaman94

TORA Race Number : 94
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7383
Registration date : 2010-07-14

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

MSA TORA Maximum Group VAG Trophy - General Discussion Empty Re: MSA TORA Maximum Group VAG Trophy - General Discussion

Post by Standaman94 Fri 20 Feb 2015 - 7:54

VAG Trophy is now open for business, chaps Smile
Standaman94
Standaman94

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

MSA TORA Maximum Group VAG Trophy - General Discussion Empty Re: MSA TORA Maximum Group VAG Trophy - General Discussion

Post by xebot360 Fri 20 Feb 2015 - 8:03

Looking forward to this Smile

xebot360

TORA Race Number : 50
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 837
Registration date : 2014-03-10

https://facebook.com/FMRMotorsport

Back to top Go down

Post by bearboy54 Fri 20 Feb 2015 - 18:25

So if we don't have a valid UK driving license we can't enter?

bearboy54

TORA Race Number : 779
Xbox 360 Playstation 3

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2014-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by xebot360 Fri 20 Feb 2015 - 18:44

bearboy54 wrote:So if we don't have a valid UK driving license we can't enter?
You can its just that you wont be eligible for the prize

xebot360

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Fri 20 Feb 2015 - 19:49

As it stands, currently those without a UK driving license cannot enter, as a) you won't be able to claim the prize, and b) you'll be affecting the positions of those who can.

The rules may be tweaked a bit depending on demand and if we can see a fair way around the issue.
Standaman94
Standaman94

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar Fri 20 Feb 2015 - 19:54

well thats totally unfair, shouldnt the Person who finishes first who doesnt have a Racing License give the prize to someone else? sorry but tiny bit unfair as i dont have a UK Driving License myself
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

TORA Race Number : 202
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2014-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by skyshadow5 Fri 20 Feb 2015 - 20:32

Standaman94 wrote:
As it stands, currently those without a UK driving license cannot enter, as a) you won't be able to claim the prize, and b) you'll be affecting the positions of those who can.

The rules may be tweaked a bit depending on demand and if we can see a fair way around the issue.

Hmm, won't be many entering at this rate if that rule stays scratch
skyshadow5
skyshadow5

TORA Race Number : 404
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2013-08-15

http://www.maturevideogamer.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Fri 20 Feb 2015 - 21:12

Solar Flar3 wrote:well thats totally unfair, shouldnt the Person who finishes first who doesnt have a Racing License give the prize to someone else? sorry but tiny bit unfair as i dont have a UK Driving License myself
True, but with people who aren't competing for the prize also racing with those who are, it's unfair for them if they are impeding their progress.

If there's a way around it, then we'll have to get there with a way which makes everyone happy.
Standaman94
Standaman94

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Cowboy Fri 20 Feb 2015 - 21:28

Perhaps have a separate points table for those eligible for the prize?

Yes, it might make it harder for those who get pushed down to B Lobby for a couple of rounds to beat someone who is constantly in A Lobby but then you are rewarding the consistency and speed of the person who stayed in A Lobby throughout.

MSA TORA Maximum Group VAG Trophy - General Discussion ZAoqkoNMSA TORA Maximum Group VAG Trophy - General Discussion D0QdeKU

2019 Classic Daytona 24H GTO  3rd  
Ax4x Cowboy
Ax4x Cowboy

TORA Race Number : 259
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 960
Registration date : 2012-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Fri 20 Feb 2015 - 21:48

How do people feel if the rules were changed so that only those with a UK driving license can enter in A Class?
Standaman94
Standaman94

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by TH3 LOBST3R Fri 20 Feb 2015 - 22:04

So by running in c class you automatically get nothing?

TH3 LOBST3R

TORA Race Number : 600
Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2013-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Fri 20 Feb 2015 - 22:34

C Class?
Standaman94
Standaman94

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by TH3 LOBST3R Fri 20 Feb 2015 - 22:51

Yes c class C410 PI

TH3 LOBST3R

Back to top Go down

Post by SECR Marko1100 Fri 20 Feb 2015 - 22:52

So to be able to claim the prize of a test in a VAG car you need to hold a valid UK Driving License ? When did this come in because I cant see it on the prize page and I personally haven't seen anything about having hold a UK license . The only condition that was brought up on TORA radio on Thursday (19/2/2015) was that if you live outside of the UK and win you will be required to pay for your own travel.

Am I correct in thinking this ?
SECR Marko1100
SECR Marko1100

TORA Race Number : 245
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2012-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post by TH3 LOBST3R Fri 20 Feb 2015 - 23:00

MrMarko1100 wrote:So to be able to claim the prize of a test in a VAG car you need to hold a valid UK Driving License ? When did this come in because I cant see it on the prize page and I personally haven't seen anything about having hold a UK license . The only condition that was brought up on TORA radio on Thursday (19/2/2015) was that if you live outside of the UK and win you will be required to pay for your own travel.

They are just going to lose loads of sign ups because of it

TH3 LOBST3R

Back to top Go down

Post by SECR Marko1100 Fri 20 Feb 2015 - 23:19

Th3 LOBST3R wrote:
MrMarko1100 wrote:So to be able to claim the prize of a test in a VAG car you need to hold a valid UK Driving License ? When did this come in because I cant see it on the prize page and I personally haven't seen anything about having hold a UK license . The only condition that was brought up on TORA radio on Thursday (19/2/2015) was that if you live outside of the UK and win you will be required to pay for your own travel.

They are just going to lose loads of sign ups because of it

That is exactly what I am thinking . For me in my opinion I think the fairest way of doing it is everyone races in there choice of class and if the overall winner doesn't have a UK License they are offered a series poster (or something like that) and then that person nominates someone as Solar Flar3 said above.

I know Stan said that then that isn't fair on people who do have a UK License and can win the prize as it can imped there progress (which I can understand) but if Driver A wins the series and doesn't hold a UK License and Driver B comes second and does hold a UK License then I think Driver A should be able to nominate someone of there choosing , and if Driver A does Hold a UK License Driver B still wouldn't get the prize as they didn't win .

I don't see any other fairer way than that .
SECR Marko1100
SECR Marko1100

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Fri 20 Feb 2015 - 23:26

Th3 LOBST3R wrote:Yes c class C410 PI
I think you mean Class B if you read the build rules. The cars in Class B are built to C PI

Firstly, it says this information on the registration thread. Secondly, if you do happen to have a UK Driving License and you live outside the UK, then yes you can enter but we can't pay for your travel. You still need a UK driving license though.

There will be a North American series of the VAG Trophy set up fairly soon, although it does not have the same prizes as this. If you don't have a UK Driving License you are allowed to enter that.

We are looking into a way to make this work for everyone whilst still being fair for those who can compete for the prize. As it stands, you must have a UK Driving License to be able to drive a car on-track at a track day, which is where the prize is being held.

One option is that in order to enter the series in Class A you must have a UK Driving License, and everyone in Class A will be eligible and competing for the prize. For those that don't have a UK Driving License, you'll have to enter Class B; If you have a UK Driving License but you still want to drive in Class B, you can enter it but you won't be eligible for the prize. This way we don't run into 'nominations' and hand-downs of prizes.

How does that sound?
Standaman94
Standaman94

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by SECR Marko1100 Fri 20 Feb 2015 - 23:38

Standaman94 wrote:
Th3 LOBST3R wrote:Yes c class C410 PI
I think you mean Class B if you read the build rules. The cars in Class B are built to C PI

Firstly, it says this information on the registration thread. Secondly, if you do happen to have a UK Driving License and you live outside the UK, then yes you can enter but we can't pay for your travel. You still need a UK driving license though.

There will be a North American series of the VAG Trophy set up fairly soon, although it does not have the same prizes as this. If you don't have a UK Driving License you are allowed to enter that.

We are looking into a way to make this work for everyone whilst still being fair for those who can compete for the prize. As it stands, you must have a UK Driving License to be able to drive a car on-track at a track day, which is where the prize is being held.

One option is that in order to enter the series in Class A you must have a UK Driving License, and everyone in Class A will be eligible and competing for the prize. For those that don't have a UK Driving License, you'll have to enter Class B; If you have a UK Driving License but you still want to drive in Class B, you can enter it but you won't be eligible for the prize. This way we don't run into 'nominations' and hand-downs of prizes.

How does that sound?

My apologies I didn't see that in the registration thread.

So with me living in Ireland and having a Full Irish Driving License I'm not aloud to run in the top class because of that ?

Another possible option perhaps then would be people race what they want and the highest placed eligible person to win the prize gets it . I don't think having a restriction on car class because you cant claim the prize is the way to go personally .
SECR Marko1100
SECR Marko1100

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Fri 20 Feb 2015 - 23:38

The member 'MrMarko1100' has done the following action : Random Generator

'ISCC 2013 Groups' : 4

MSA TORA Maximum Group VAG Trophy - General Discussion EwVLgo3
MSA TORA Maximum Group VAG Trophy - General Discussion Beechdsig_zps2e9ae73f
Matt
Matt

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14648
Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SECR Marko1100 Fri 20 Feb 2015 - 23:57

Matt wrote:The member 'MrMarko1100' has done the following action : Random Generator

'ISCC 2013 Groups' : 4

I done what now ?
SECR Marko1100
SECR Marko1100

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Sat 21 Feb 2015 - 0:17

There may be some legal thingies regarding international driving licenses actually, I may be able to look into that.
Standaman94
Standaman94

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar Sat 21 Feb 2015 - 0:37

all i have to say to this is MEH!, either way you look at it no 1 is gonna be happy even if this is on Motors TV
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

TORA Race Number : 202
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2014-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by bearboy54 Sat 21 Feb 2015 - 1:45

Can you not just do it so everyone who registers for the series declares whether or not they are eligible for the prize? Then in the standings have people highlighted in 2 different colours to signify who is and isn't eligible then everyone knows where they stand, then the highest placed eligible driver wins the prize.

The thing about people who aren't eligible for the prize interferring with people trying to win it doesn't really make sense, because if you apply the same logic to the whole series you won't let anyone join the series part way through as they can't win the prize either, also the last race(s) of the season would only allow the drivers who could still win the title as anyone else could impede their chances and for me that just isn't racing.

bearboy54

TORA Race Number : 779
Xbox 360 Playstation 3

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2014-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by xebot360 Sat 21 Feb 2015 - 10:52

bearboy54 wrote:Can you not just do it so everyone who registers for the series declares whether or not they are eligible for the prize? Then in the standings have people highlighted in 2 different colours to signify who is and isn't eligible then everyone knows where they stand, then the highest placed eligible driver wins the prize.

The thing about people who aren't eligible for the prize interferring with people trying to win it doesn't really make sense, because if you apply the same logic to the whole series you won't let anyone join the series part way through as they can't win the prize either, also the last race(s) of the season would only allow the drivers who could still win the title as anyone else could impede their chances and for me that just isn't racing.

I agree. There will be people who can't enter it then and if you do go with the rule that the people illegible have to go in Class B, that's making it very unfair I personally think as the cars are slower and again in my opinion worse to drive and are more suited to less experienced people.

xebot360

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next