TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TORA Ford Fiesta Trophy - General Discussion EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TORA Ford Fiesta Trophy - General Discussion EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TORA Ford Fiesta Trophy - General Discussion EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA Ford Fiesta Trophy - General Discussion EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA Ford Fiesta Trophy - General Discussion EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA Ford Fiesta Trophy - General Discussion EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA Ford Fiesta Trophy - General Discussion EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA Ford Fiesta Trophy - General Discussion EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA Ford Fiesta Trophy - General Discussion EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA Ford Fiesta Trophy - General Discussion

+30
SFM Benedict
desertrainfrog
Mesasphere
LMP Dragon
Ax4x Mikey J
CQR CHRiS
CQR Jono
jonnotheone
HCR Saga
CQR MAGiC
Ax4x Broomz
F4H Button
CQR Honcho
SorrySmithy
SVR Solar
DDM Driv3
Freheliaz
SGR Amber
paul299
ATP Wheelwash
HCR Super T
STUPIDSTU
HCR Hamish
CQR NEON
LMR Hybrid
HCR Skodaboie
BTMX Slane
PTG Claret
Speed Dem0n 64
ATR DAN
34 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

TORA Ford Fiesta Trophy - General Discussion Empty TORA Ford Fiesta Trophy - General Discussion

Post by ATR DAN Fri 13 Mar 2015 - 19:15

Here we go ladies & gents. Welcome to the TORA Ford Fiesta Trophy. Very Happy

If you have any inquiries about this series, or just want to talk about it, then fire away. Please be wary to respect each other in the community. Trolling and flaming will not be tolerated Smile
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

TORA Race Number : 7
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4872
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

TORA Ford Fiesta Trophy - General Discussion Empty Re: TORA Ford Fiesta Trophy - General Discussion

Post by Speed Dem0n 64 Fri 13 Mar 2015 - 19:24

Liking the ban on tuning, and the track list should provide some close door-to-door racing

Speed Dem0n 64

TORA Race Number : 64
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

TORA Ford Fiesta Trophy - General Discussion Empty Re: TORA Ford Fiesta Trophy - General Discussion

Post by ATR DAN Fri 13 Mar 2015 - 19:28

Good good! Very Happy

That's what I'm really hoping for dude. With the ban on tuning in particular, it'll very much put everyone on an even footing. And with the Fiesta's being the weapon of choice, it'll provide the community a really fun series to race in and take things less seriously....hopefully! Smile Smile
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by PTG Claret Fri 13 Mar 2015 - 22:23

Daft question, but do you mean we are not even allowed to tune the tyre pressures and gearbox?

If so, how will that be policed, or is it an honesty thing? Either way I hope to join

PTG Claret

Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2015-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by BTMX Slane Sat 14 Mar 2015 - 9:30

Nice one, I'm looking forward to this series.
BTMX Slane
BTMX Slane

TORA Race Number : 327
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2014-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Skodaboie Sat 14 Mar 2015 - 10:39

I may actually do this FM5 series
HCR Skodaboie
HCR Skodaboie

TORA Race Number : 41
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2013-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Hybrid Sat 14 Mar 2015 - 23:06

you cant have race parts and expect no1 to tune. how do you stop this from hapenig?
LMR Hybrid
LMR Hybrid

TORA Race Number : 75
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2012-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR NEON Sun 15 Mar 2015 - 0:23

and 2 tracks without pits? yet the series is run on sim damage? hows that going to work if someone gets damage?
CQR NEON
CQR NEON

TORA Race Number : 255
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2012-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Speed Dem0n 64 Sun 15 Mar 2015 - 9:50

The series could be run with cosmetic damage, to solve the problem of some of the circuits not having pits.

Speed Dem0n 64

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Hamish Sun 15 Mar 2015 - 12:16

I've had a look through the rules and regs, but can not see anything about whether there is a dropped round or not?

I only ask as I'll be at silverstone for the WEC on the 10th of April and miss the Sebring round.
HCR Hamish
HCR Hamish

TORA Race Number : 739
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2013-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by STUPIDSTU Sun 15 Mar 2015 - 12:41

I'm new and signed up for number etc. I'm interested in running this series for my first attempt.

STUPIDSTU

TORA Race Number : 329
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2015-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Speed Dem0n 64 Sun 15 Mar 2015 - 13:26

Welcome to TORA, make sure to sign up when the registration opens, and good luck in your first series.

Speed Dem0n 64

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by ATR DAN Sun 15 Mar 2015 - 14:00

Sorry it's taken me a while to reply back to your questions on this series. Been really busy these last couple of days but I can now finally answer them.

1) With regarding the rules on pitstops & damage, when we was discussing the Spec Cup a couple of months back, there were complaints in the past because the damage setting was on cosmetic rather than simulation. This is why it was agreed behind the scenes to place the damage settings to Simulation.
However, this can be altered to Cosmetic if you all feel strongly about it. But please let us know whether you all prefer to have the damage on either Cosmetic or Sim. We still have at least 2 weeks before the series begins so it can be changed before then.

2) You guys are right. It's going to be extremely hard to tackle down those decide to tune their vehicles rather than run stock becuase of the car build. And the lobby settings don't help much either. But it's a risk that I'm willing to take!
The important thing though is that after my vast amount of years that I've been racing here, I do trust the fact that everyone is willing to comply with the rulebook. And I hope that this will be the case here.

However, one thing I want to state is that I want the Spec Cup to be a fun series. One example of this is for people to just turn up to the race meetings & have a blast. This way, you won't need to spend hours & hours testing and tuning the cars constantly. We want you to not take things so seriously and try our upmost to bring the fun back to TORA.

I do have my methods though which I won't state here but I'll make sure that this championship will run as smoothly as possible. Smile

3) A dropped round could be introduced if everyone agrees to the idea.

But thank you everyone for the positive response thus far. I cannot wait to kick off this exciting series and for you all to relax & have as much fun as possible Very Happy
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by BTMX Slane Sun 15 Mar 2015 - 15:44

I wouldn't mind sim settings for damage, makes you think more with your maneuvers, however I'm happy to go with what the majority think.
BTMX Slane
BTMX Slane

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Speed Dem0n 64 Sun 15 Mar 2015 - 15:59

I think that cosmetic damage would be better, as it would mean that people could still compete in the race, as some of the tracks don't have pits.

Speed Dem0n 64

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Super T Sun 15 Mar 2015 - 16:40

Drop round would be good as a lot of our team are going to silverstone that weekend.
HCR Super T
HCR Super T

TORA Race Number : 227
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 342

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Hamish Sun 15 Mar 2015 - 19:02

Thanks for getting back to us dan. I'm all for the dropped round lol

As for the damage setting, I think on the tracks where there is no pitlane the damage setting should be on cosmetic.

The car builds/tuning - I do believe everyone will adhere to the rules. In saying that there will always be doubt because there is no way to police the situation. It would be unfair for someone to win legitimately only for it to be questioned.
HCR Hamish
HCR Hamish

TORA Race Number : 739
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 295

Back to top Go down

Post by ATP Wheelwash Sun 15 Mar 2015 - 20:22

Its three short races in a C Class car, if you need to run it as cosmetic damage, you shouldnt even be signing up to race in the series as either your own talent doesnt exist or you think your fellow TORA racers are that bad at driving its more like a public lobby racing. Its bad enough with restarts and such, accidents happen, if your on the wrong side of it, tough, theres always the next race, pits or no pits, if your damaged, your probably going to finish last in the lobby anyways.

Cosmetic Damage just promotes bad driving, bad decision making and bad feelings, the 50 / 50 shots which you wouldnt attempt in simulation, you would in cosmetic as theres no penalties to worry about, if lag is your concern, well until theres a restriction on bad connections, its always going to play a part, treat it like a blown tyre or a gearbox failure.

As far as cheats go, let them, if they feel that they can gain a significant advantage in the car by cheating, then let them, they would soon get exposed punching above their own weight in a lobby, which would result in being exposed for all to see.
ATP Wheelwash
ATP Wheelwash

TORA Race Number : #16
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2012-08-09

http://www.vtcc.online/

Back to top Go down

Post by STUPIDSTU Mon 16 Mar 2015 - 10:20

I'm happy with full damage.

Just one question (might be a stupid one) Whats the rules about using driving line? Is it a no no?

STUPIDSTU

TORA Race Number : 329
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2015-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post by paul299 Mon 16 Mar 2015 - 10:43

You usually can use it, I've not raced in a series where it's been banned.
paul299
paul299

TORA Race Number : 299
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2013-05-19

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by ATR DAN Mon 16 Mar 2015 - 19:00

The "Driving Line" is allowed for this & every series in TORA so don't you worry STU Smile
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by SGR Amber Mon 16 Mar 2015 - 21:06

I am so ready for this! Got a classic design too, wondering if anyone else had the idea though ahahaha

TORA Ford Fiesta Trophy - General Discussion Banner11
SGR Amber
SGR Amber

TORA Race Number : 100
PC Playstation 4

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2014-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by BTMX Slane Mon 16 Mar 2015 - 21:57

Yes I'm looking forward to this too, the fiesta is in the spray shop as we speak.
BTMX Slane
BTMX Slane

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Freheliaz Mon 16 Mar 2015 - 22:10

This really makes me itch to remake the Ken Block Monster Energy paint I did for GRX.

But I'll probably be racing with some from HCR.

TORA Ford Fiesta Trophy - General Discussion SEDnkBhTORA Ford Fiesta Trophy - General Discussion JUwEMx8

Achievements
1st Indy 500 Lobby C 2020
3rd British GT Independent GT4 2017
2nd Teams TCR TCC 2015
3rd TCR Firecracker '15 Le Mons Underpowered
4th Independents GT Cup 2019
5th Teams V8 Supercars 2018
4th Le Mans 2017 GT Class
5th Spa 2017 GT Class
6th ASCC Endurance Cup 2017
5th British GT Winter Independents 2016
4th Ambitious But Rubbish Championship Mazda 2016
4th TCR Suzuka 1000km 2015
6th TCR GRX and 5th in Teams 2015
First Lobby Win:
2015 TCR TCC Round 4 Lobby C
Freheliaz
Freheliaz

TORA Race Number : 26
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2014-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Hybrid Mon 16 Mar 2015 - 23:37

why dont you have sports suspension. that way there is nothing to tune and police
LMR Hybrid
LMR Hybrid

TORA Race Number : 75
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2012-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next