TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TORA TASCAR Season 5 - General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TORA TASCAR Season 5 - General Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TORA TASCAR Season 5 - General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA TASCAR Season 5 - General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA TASCAR Season 5 - General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA TASCAR Season 5 - General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA TASCAR Season 5 - General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA TASCAR Season 5 - General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA TASCAR Season 5 - General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA TASCAR Season 5 - General Discussion

+23
ART Carrera
Troyfmcg
FreshCubanBread
MID LAND ZETA
ShortyGoFast
Joito04
NSA Roca
Ax4x Broomz
DDM Driv3
Vice255
WRA Tower
STR stug77
Evenstevers
xebot360
Ax4x Mikey J
OneRoseyMia
Ax4x Chaddy
theboomeranga
FSR Groves
SGR Amber
Hailfire97x
Radiation Louis
LMR DarthMario
27 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

TORA TASCAR Season 5 - General Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: TORA TASCAR Season 5 - General Discussion

Post by LMR DarthMario Mon 23 May 2016 - 1:46

The current qualifying system NASCAR uses is like a complete rip from F1. As an older fan of nascar, the original style qualifying was more exciting as they only got 2 flying laps to get their best lap in. And it was how TASCAR Qualifying has been set to in seasons past. Daytona, as in real life, has always had a special qualifying system in place. the fastest two qualifiers got locked in, but had the option to race in the 'Duels', which each determining the left/right side of the grid.

With the race meetings starting at 5pm EDT (10pm BST), that is kinda late for the boys across the pond, I'm trying to get a date approved to run the 'Speedweeks' qualifying prior to Race Day
LMR DarthMario
LMR DarthMario

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 8184
Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

TORA TASCAR Season 5 - General Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: TORA TASCAR Season 5 - General Discussion

Post by LMR DarthMario Wed 1 Jun 2016 - 17:34

A slight scheduling change folks. Registration now opens on June 11th instead of the 18th. Still opens at at noon EDT.

The community choice event poll also closes on that day. And it was set to revote if you wanted to place your vote elsewhere to your original choice.
LMR DarthMario
LMR DarthMario

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by STR stug77 Thu 2 Jun 2016 - 7:46

I agree with jgroves point anything past 1am is gonna be a stretch for me and would really like to take part in this series

STR stug77

TORA Race Number : 77
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2013-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by WRA Tower Sat 11 Jun 2016 - 14:11

Ahh I hate to be a stickler but if you want it to be as realistic as possible NASCAR DOES NOT use the same qualifying rules at the restrictor plate tracks that they do at the rest of the tracks. They separate the cars with a gap to insure that no ones qualifying time is assisted by drafting. ***except for the Daytona 500 single car runs are made to set the field by time only the 1st and 2nd times are locked in. Then 2 twin races are ran one consisting of drivers qualifying in even number positions and the other with the odd numbered qualifiers. The finishing order of the twin races set the rest of the field positions 3-43 (now 40) with the drivers competing in the even numbered qualifying race starting on the outside row and the odd numbered race starting on the inside row..... Not to mention any privateer wanting to race will be at a serious disadvantage in qualifying by not having a drafting partner.

WRA Tower

TORA Race Number : 514
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2015-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post by WRA Tower Sat 11 Jun 2016 - 15:45

And has anybody else noticed that in the car list and mandates hidden under the Dewey Tee anchor logo that it states we must use stock tunes on the ovals. Is this real ??? If it is why is it hidden in there. Come on guys what's up with that ??? What does it even mean race brakes, no race brakes, forced stock in the lobby setting ??? If your going to run stock for the sake of competition why not run the whole season that way ???

WRA Tower

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR DarthMario Sat 11 Jun 2016 - 16:46

Tower, for starters, TASCAR has used the special qualifying for the opening round (Sunset in previous Forza's). But the F1 style 'knock-out' style qualifying the rest of the year is a no. TASCAR uses the more traditional 2-flying lap qualifying.

As for the Ovals, These cars are as fast as their real life counterparts in stock trim, thus it will be as such on the Ovals. For the Road course tracks, Race brakes are in the build list to better assist those who use a Wheel/pedal setup, which had been brought up in previous seasons.
LMR DarthMario
LMR DarthMario

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by WRA Tower Sat 11 Jun 2016 - 20:00

I think maybe I may have misunderstood what was written. I fully understand going with the stock build and running only race brakes and agree with that. My question with the way that it was worded is....Are we were going to be able to tune the cars on the ovals. Springs adjustments, gearbox, roll bars,...etc. or do we have to run stock Forza tunes on the cars for the ovals ???

WRA Tower

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR DarthMario Sat 11 Jun 2016 - 21:43

lobby settings doesn't allow one or the other, only "Force Stock Tuning & Upgrades". So, everyone will ultimately be on a level playing field on the ovals. you'll be able to tune to your hearts content for the road courses.
LMR DarthMario
LMR DarthMario

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Vice255 Sun 26 Jun 2016 - 6:34

Just making sure, there's going to be a lot of drivers in the TORA IndyCar Series races and I think there is a date or two that conflicts (correct me if I'm wrong). If that race takes longer than expected will we wait on those drivers?

Vice255

TORA Race Number : 24
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2015-12-23

http://v2racingtechnologies.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR DarthMario Sun 26 Jun 2016 - 12:23

Nope. I made sure dates do not clash, as I was aware of the different, and possible overlap with the start times.
LMR DarthMario
LMR DarthMario

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by DDM Driv3 Tue 28 Jun 2016 - 20:16

Yeah I've written them all down on my calendar so I know there are no clashes Smile
DDM Driv3
DDM Driv3

TORA Race Number : 6
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1597
Registration date : 2014-06-17

https://griptekperformance.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Broomz Sat 2 Jul 2016 - 7:06

Mark Can JBBTHEFOX Sub for Mr COZZA 9 for the Daytona 500
Ax4x Broomz
Ax4x Broomz

TORA Race Number : #98
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 911
Registration date : 2012-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR DarthMario Sat 2 Jul 2016 - 11:07

as in TORA rules, drivers can use up to 2 substitute drivers per series' season. just post it up in the Race thread so i can track it later on.
LMR DarthMario
LMR DarthMario

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by NSA Roca Sun 17 Jul 2016 - 0:31

Might of literally been down to the last minute, but thank you to Cuban and Ben for the offer to fill in today. Had an amazing time and great battle all the way.
NSA Roca
NSA Roca

Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2013-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by WRA Tower Wed 20 Jul 2016 - 9:34

May be a bit of an issue for the pit stops for the Miami race. I'm not sure if Forza has fixed it but typically in the Nascar leagues the driver that's starts the race at Miami in 2nd position rolls through the pits without stopping in the box and gains a tremendous amount of time. I'm not sure if the same glitch occurs in the private lobby races or not but that driver unless he wrecks gains enough time to guarantee a win every time. Idk of your aware of this so I figured I'd let you guys know.

WRA Tower

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR DarthMario Wed 20 Jul 2016 - 10:59

I'll test it out tonight to see if it has been rectified or not. Thanks for the Heads up Tower.
LMR DarthMario
LMR DarthMario

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR DarthMario Wed 20 Jul 2016 - 23:56

Ok. Tower, as you mentioned, the driver who starts in 2nd on the grid CAN miss his pit-stall, but only if he carries too much speed entering the pits. I'll add a little statement in the race thread about this.
LMR DarthMario
LMR DarthMario

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Joito04 Thu 21 Jul 2016 - 0:48

Everyone has to slow down going into pit lane at least under 80MPH
Joito04
Joito04

TORA Race Number : 802
Number of posts : 823
Registration date : 2013-03-03

http://www.puertorico.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FSR Groves Sun 24 Jul 2016 - 1:19

2016 TORA Sporting Regulations -> 2.0 Code of Conduct and Sporting Regulations:

"2.3 The Association will not tolerate the following activities on any online service that it operates:

2.3.3 Bigoted, hateful, or offensive statements against any religion, race, nation, gender, age group, or sexual orientation."

Whoever this is aimed at, take note. Some things I heard tonight in A Lobby were not on at all.
FSR Groves
FSR Groves

TORA Race Number : 96
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2013-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by ShortyGoFast Sun 24 Jul 2016 - 1:52

There needs to be more rules and penalties regarding how fast a caution needs to be called and what happens to people who pass under caution, and for people passing during those critical moments when a caution should be out but isn't. Earlier 1 person passed me well after the caution should have been out and 3 did after it was officially yellow. I think cautions should be called sooner than eight seconds after a crash right? Or is that justme..
ShortyGoFast
ShortyGoFast

Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2016-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post by FSR Groves Sun 24 Jul 2016 - 2:31

Other than my above concern, and that troublesome middle stint in A Lobby - it was a great night of racing. Massive kudos to Gearhead on the win - that was a special one. Also thanks Chaddy for such a great battle throughout - that felt like a win and I was only 7th!
FSR Groves
FSR Groves

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by FSR Groves Sun 24 Jul 2016 - 2:32

ShortyGoFast wrote:There needs to be more rules and penalties regarding how fast a caution needs to be called and what happens to people who pass under caution, and for people passing during those critical moments when a caution should be out but isn't. Earlier 1 person passed me well after the caution should have been out and 3 did after it was officially yellow.  I think cautions should be called sooner than eight seconds after a crash right? Or is that justme..

Totally agree, this needs to be set in stone for the next round for sure
FSR Groves
FSR Groves

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by MID LAND ZETA Sun 24 Jul 2016 - 3:04

We should rename b lobby to 100 cautions lobby Mad
MID LAND ZETA
MID LAND ZETA

TORA Race Number : 639
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 587
Registration date : 2013-04-11

https://mlzdesigns.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DDM Driv3 Sun 24 Jul 2016 - 12:43

I have no words after last night other than the racing was good and f**k you turn 10.
DDM Driv3
DDM Driv3

TORA Race Number : 6
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1597
Registration date : 2014-06-17

https://griptekperformance.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by FreshCubanBread Sun 24 Jul 2016 - 16:55

jgroves1996 wrote:2016 TORA Sporting Regulations -> 2.0 Code of Conduct and Sporting Regulations:

"2.3 The Association will not tolerate the following activities on any online service that it operates:

2.3.3 Bigoted, hateful, or offensive statements against any religion, race, nation, gender, age group, or sexual orientation."

Whoever this is aimed at, take note. Some things I heard tonight in A Lobby were not on at all.

Indeed. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
FreshCubanBread
FreshCubanBread

TORA Race Number : 48
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2012-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next