TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion

+34
ruthlessrellik
Floodman11
Senna
Ax4x Chaddy
TechnologicMau5
galeforce97
WR Mikey
TFz Kami
LZR Racerz
HCR generaltso
HCR Mad Bull
TJSteel
DDM Driv3
LZR Harmonic
SVR Solar
SFM Darkzer
HCR Hamish
Capirossi22
ESV Moshys
xVampirAx
theboomeranga
F4H Hakkinen
Miiraki
Foreu2env
MID LAND ZETA
Renegade JPS
Freheliaz
STR stug77
xebot360
HCR Motorhead
Blacky Mojo
SGR Amber
Focusatze
Diablo 29x
38 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion

Post by F4H Hakkinen Mon 14 Nov 2016 - 22:24

We did rain last year and it's totally fine. It's one of the better tracks for it.

I agree that 7 stints of night sounds like a nightmare but I see the logic - I just wouldn't of gone that heavy on the count. Five or 6 would of been plenty. Also, 7 stints is 14 hours. Is it dark for 14 hours this time of year?
F4H Hakkinen
F4H Hakkinen

TORA Race Number : 379
Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion

Post by Freheliaz Mon 14 Nov 2016 - 22:33

Yes it is here.
Sun goes up at 7:45 and goes down at 16:45. It really is dark there.
Scroll down for Sun/Moon times. Moon duration is 15 hours.
http://www.accuweather.com/en/de/nurburg/53520/hourly-weather-forecast/175464

TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 2 SEDnkBhTORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 2 JUwEMx8

Achievements
1st Indy 500 Lobby C 2020
3rd British GT Independent GT4 2017
2nd Teams TCR TCC 2015
3rd TCR Firecracker '15 Le Mons Underpowered
4th Independents GT Cup 2019
5th Teams V8 Supercars 2018
4th Le Mans 2017 GT Class
5th Spa 2017 GT Class
6th ASCC Endurance Cup 2017
5th British GT Winter Independents 2016
4th Ambitious But Rubbish Championship Mazda 2016
4th TCR Suzuka 1000km 2015
6th TCR GRX and 5th in Teams 2015
First Lobby Win:
2015 TCR TCC Round 4 Lobby C
Freheliaz
Freheliaz

TORA Race Number : 26
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2014-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Mon 14 Nov 2016 - 23:25

I'm backflipping on what I said for Silverstone in that rain should be included, especially here because it usually does, but maybe the community poll shouldn't be wet or dry stints, but how many
1-2
and that would still leave 2 dry stints minimum and 6 night
or even 3, 3 and 6

so let the community pick the amount of wet stints, not whether they exist or not

but have it better structured than that of course
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

TORA Race Number : 31
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7110
Registration date : 2011-12-02

https://www.facebook.com/NSR.Esports1

Back to top Go down

Post by xebot360 Tue 15 Nov 2016 - 7:56

F4H Diablo wrote:
xebot360 wrote:
HCR Noodle wrote:You see, the problem with letting the community decide is every single race would somehow be perfectly dry and everything would perfect and so on. That's not what happens in real racing. Andre Lotterer doesn't get to decide whether its going to rain in the middle of June/July. Sure, someones made the decision in TORA for this, but that's because we don't believe races should be run in a single condition. If you don't like it, let someone who does race in the rain. Simple as. Or practice. Your choice.

Or just not not race at all which some teams will do. Numbers are dropping as it is and by not keeping the community happy, then they will drop more. There were more people racing in a 24h race than a 12h one which says a alot, whether that's down to teams dropping out or just not being able to race. I understand where you're coming from but if the community aren't happy, you can't expect big numbers for events such as this

The vast majority of the people not returning to a series here is because of infrastructure shortcomings which are being addressed, hence why BGT ran far closer to on time this week than Round 1.

The Dev team is made up of long-standing community members and staff has input as well. A poll wasn't made because the last one about the lagout rule divulged into chaos and not a whole lot was accomplished. So we made a judgment call.

How about you try this- Instead of "Staff doesn't care about the community, etc", you ask, "What went into the decision to run x night stints or y rain stints?" This way a staff member can answer your question, even have civil debate if you have opposing view points, and you don't come off sounding like a jerk. Staff and Dev team has put a [Censored] ton of time trying to get this event ready. I myself have probably spent the better part of 20 hours a week testing and balancing cars for both the GT and TCC classes, along with working my normal job from 7-5. Those working behind the scenes work far too hard for you to come in and say that they don't care what the community thinks, because it simply is not true. Without the community, this site doesn't exist.

I understand the work that goes into one of these events cause I've had to help with most of the stuff regarding it before XD I didn't mean to come across as a jerk but some of the comments staff are making and have made in the past just seems like they don't give a [Censored] about the community tbh and from what I've heard and saw myself happen behind the scenes, that makes me think more of that. Again, I understand that it takes a lot of effort to sort all this out but it's coming across that some don't actually give a [Censored] about people, whether or not they mean it like that, Idk but that's what it's coming across to me like that anyway and others.

As for the racing Motorhead, we do have plans to be back next year, just this season (as I've said previously) we don't really have to numbers to do so and some of the team just don't want to right now. I've found places where the racing (for me) is generally better right now and tbh, I've kinda gone off GT cars as such sl that's why I'm not racing in that. I may be back for Nurburgring but if it is, it won't be with my team.

xebot360

TORA Race Number : 50
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 837
Registration date : 2014-03-10

https://facebook.com/FMRMotorsport

Back to top Go down

Post by Focusatze Tue 15 Nov 2016 - 8:04

noodle ive never said that i dont accept the rain. its ok and i think i will be the lucky looser from our team that will drive it Very Happy

i just dont think that the ring is one of the better rain tracks and that it will become  a tricky lottery, especially with overlapping. I was just wondering why the community can vote at the last race and now not.

but for the night, for me its not a question of realism.

If you want it real, then use day/night time from june and not from december. You cant do a real december race because most time there is snow on the track. So when its just about realism - set it in june.

But the point that is much more important for me is just that its 14 hours of pure darkness without any light. This is just to hard for the eyes and has just to do with health which is much more important than "realism". You know from the health note that comes when every game starts. Sure, most times we laugh about it, but if someone gets a epileptical attack the [Censored]'ll hit the fan.
Focusatze
Focusatze

TORA Race Number : 666
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2015-12-19

http://www.forzalife.de

Back to top Go down

Post by SGR Amber Tue 15 Nov 2016 - 8:14

Well chances are now it will be changed to less night stints, as mentioned earlier. I never said that any specific person was against the rain, but generally when asked to vote on rain stints the majority will vote against it every time.

TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 2 Banner11
SGR Amber
SGR Amber

TORA Race Number : 100
PC Playstation 4

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2014-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by xVampirAx Tue 15 Nov 2016 - 14:23

i was looking for a drive and i saw that two other members needed a drive, well why dont i join you and then if someone else needs a drive then they could join.also if you are going to be night racing then please put something in place in case someone goes off and has no lights to get round as its impossible to even drive round,so maybe there should be a safety car to go and get the car and lead it back to the pits so that i can continue but also call out that there is a yellow out as there is car without lights on.
xVampirAx
xVampirAx

TORA Race Number : 222
Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2012-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by STR stug77 Tue 15 Nov 2016 - 14:29

xVampirAx wrote:i was looking for a drive and i saw that two other members needed a drive, well why dont i join you and then if someone else needs a drive then they could join.also if you are going to be night racing then please put something in place in case someone goes off and has no lights to get round as its impossible to even drive round,so maybe there should be a safety car to go and get the car and lead it back to the pits so that i can continue but also call out that there is a yellow out as there is car without lights on.

The safety car idea sounds like a good idea obviously if the lobby numbers allow lol

STR stug77

TORA Race Number : 77
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2013-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by ESV Moshys Tue 15 Nov 2016 - 16:38

in the rain there is no way I could go 2 hours without getting damage once. it would just be constant rounds of stops for a lot of people. I do like to race in the rain and I don't mind it but in a long period of time it just wouldn't be fun at all.
ESV Moshys
ESV Moshys

TORA Race Number : 912
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2016-10-01

Back to top Go down

Post by STR stug77 Tue 15 Nov 2016 - 17:53

The rain at silverstone 12hrs I found quite relaxing lol

STR stug77

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Hakkinen Tue 15 Nov 2016 - 17:57

Honestly guys, the rain here is fine. You'll get the hang of it and its not as bad as people think. We did the N12 last year and the I would say that the vast majority of the fielded teams had no issues. It's about time on track to get used to it.
F4H Hakkinen
F4H Hakkinen

Back to top Go down

Post by STR stug77 Tue 15 Nov 2016 - 18:16

F4H Hakkinen wrote:Honestly guys, the rain here is fine. You'll get the hang of it and its not as bad as people think. We did the N12 last year and the I would say that the vast majority of the fielded teams had no issues. It's about time on track to get used to it.

+1

STR stug77

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by SGR Amber Tue 15 Nov 2016 - 18:17

Last time I ran a perfect lap in the rain on the Nordschleife it was in a 962 xD

SGR Amber
SGR Amber

PC Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Foreu2env Tue 15 Nov 2016 - 20:44

HCR Noodle wrote:Last time I ran a perfect lap in the rain on the Nordschleife it was in a 962 xD

962 minutes is a long time for a lap, I wouldn't call that perfect.

(it's a joke..)
Foreu2env
Foreu2env

TORA Race Number : 185
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 269
Registration date : 2016-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by SGR Amber Tue 15 Nov 2016 - 21:01

Foreu2env wrote:
HCR Noodle wrote:Last time I ran a perfect lap in the rain on the Nordschleife it was in a 962 xD

962 minutes is a long time for a lap, I wouldn't call that perfect.

(it's a joke..)

It felt that long trying to keep the thing on the road! Especially scary heading towards Bergwerk at 180mph!

SGR Amber
SGR Amber

PC Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Capirossi22 Wed 16 Nov 2016 - 4:08

I'm currently putting together a new GT team for this event, but it looks like the spots are really filling up Sad

Is it likely that there will be space for us or will be be placed in reserve?
Capirossi22
Capirossi22

PC PC

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2016-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Diablo 29x Wed 16 Nov 2016 - 12:30

There should be space, just get signed up sooner rather than later Smile

Sole Owner of the Meme Cannon™️

TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 2 Rib110
TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 2 Acco11
2021 TEC 24 Rennen in der Grunen Holle - SP-T Class Champion (Ryzeing Light Racing)
2021 WeePrix NA: Champion
2022 TEC 24 Heures du Mulsanne - Overall/P1 Class Champion (ESV Floppa)
2023 Porsche SuperCup NA: 3rd Overall
2023 Ferrari Challenge NA: 1st Overall

Diablo 29x

TORA Race Number : 29
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3628
Registration date : 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Wed 16 Nov 2016 - 13:00

I think that we can all agree that the worst thing at the Nurburgring by far on this game is not the rain, but the shitty fuel mileage..
I mean yeah it's a bit lap, but pitting every 3 laps... gonna be sooo interesting on the live stream...
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

TORA Race Number : 31
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7110
Registration date : 2011-12-02

https://www.facebook.com/NSR.Esports1

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Hamish Wed 16 Nov 2016 - 13:13

I think it was last year I raced in the turn n12 which had 2 rain stints and 2 night stints if I remember correctly. I wouldn't say the wet was fun but it wasn't too bad once you got used to where the puddles are and there are some on the apex of certain corners which isn't ideal. Thankfully I know someone who Seems to enjoy Racing in the rain.....  lol!

Also lapping I don't remember being an issue. I think the lap was too long for cars to be lapped in the 1hr 40.

Looking forward to this race Very Happy
HCR Hamish
HCR Hamish

TORA Race Number : 739
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2013-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by SFM Darkzer Wed 16 Nov 2016 - 18:57

Any advice for a team of 100% TORA rookies? Me (Darkzer24), Dr CHAIR PHD, ruthlessrellik, Floodman11, and Capirossi are teaming up for this one... and are a little off the pace. How are you people so fast?!

The Darkzer Divebomb™️
TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 2 EeiIi55TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 2 Xnio3s10
2019 TORA Vintage 12 Hours of Sebring - P6
2019 TORA Class 24 Hours of Daytona - P6 GTO
2018 RORA NASCAR - P2
2018 RORA MPC - P2, P1 Team
2018 OPPO Endurance Championship - P2
2018 TORA V8 Supercars US - P7, P5 Team
2018 TORA Trans Am US - P6, P2 Team
2018 TORA Spec Cup US (Audi TTS) - P2, P1 Team
2018 TORA British GT - P11, P3 Team
2018 RORA RRIPA - P1
2018 TORA NATCC - P13, P5 Team
2018 TORA 24 Hours of Le Mans - P3
2018 RORA Le Mans Series VI - P1 PC
2018 TORA TASCAR - P3, P3 Team
2018 TORA ASCC - P3 Team
2018 RORA KTCC - P3
2017 RORA ARROW - P1
2017 RORA Le Mans Series V -  P3
2017 OPPO CTSC - P2
2016 RORA Le Mans Series IV -  P2 GT
SFM Darkzer
SFM Darkzer

TORA Race Number : 923
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 6463
Registration date : 2016-10-15

https://www.reddit.com/user/Sindroome24

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Hakkinen Wed 16 Nov 2016 - 19:10

We've been doing this a long time. My best advice is:

1. Practise
2. Practise
3. Work together in the same lobby and share tuning tips.
4. Work on consistency and not so much the laptimes. No point doing 8:23's if you're going to crash it the next lap.
5. Watch replays on the boards.
F4H Hakkinen
F4H Hakkinen

Back to top Go down

Post by Diablo 29x Wed 16 Nov 2016 - 19:31

^^ Agreed. Many of us have been doing enduros like this for 6-7 years now.

The only addendum to that list this:

1. Sight Laps - Learn the track slowly. Focus on small sections at a time until you can string sections together. Eventually this leads to stringing a lap together.

2. Practice - Self explanatory.

3. Watch on-boards, both real-life and replays in Forza. It'll help you with line selection, watch throttle input, braking, etc. On the Ring, you'll notice that the biggest place you're losing time is simply not carrying enough speed, or places where you brake and it's actually not needed.

4. Practice what you've learned.

5. Work on doing multiple laps at a time, but staying within 1.5-2 seconds between your fastest and slowest laps.

6. Tuning- Work in groups and err on the side of safe until you can start pushing the car to its limits.

-- You've found the best endurance racing league on the Forza franchise. Many of the top drivers can do times that would sit us at the tip-top of the Leaderboards for this track. Don't be discouraged if you're not up to speed right away - it takes a lot of time Smile

Sole Owner of the Meme Cannon™️

TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 2 Rib110
TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 2 Acco11
2021 TEC 24 Rennen in der Grunen Holle - SP-T Class Champion (Ryzeing Light Racing)
2021 WeePrix NA: Champion
2022 TEC 24 Heures du Mulsanne - Overall/P1 Class Champion (ESV Floppa)
2023 Porsche SuperCup NA: 3rd Overall
2023 Ferrari Challenge NA: 1st Overall

Diablo 29x

TORA Race Number : 29
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3628
Registration date : 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by STR stug77 Wed 16 Nov 2016 - 20:02

F4H Diablo wrote:^^ Agreed. Many of us have been doing enduros like this for 6-7 years now.

The only addendum to that list this:

1. Sight Laps - Learn the track slowly. Focus on small sections at a time until you can string sections together. Eventually this leads to stringing a lap together.

2. Practice - Self explanatory.

3. Watch on-boards, both real-life and replays in Forza. It'll help you with line selection, watch throttle input, braking, etc. On the Ring, you'll notice that the biggest place you're losing time is simply not carrying enough speed, or places where you brake and it's actually not needed.

4. Practice what you've learned.

5. Work on doing multiple laps at a time, but staying within 1.5-2 seconds between your fastest and slowest laps.

6. Tuning- Work in groups and err on the side of safe until you can start pushing the car to its limits.

-- You've found the best endurance racing league on the Forza franchise. Many of the top drivers can do times that would sit us at the tip-top of the Leaderboards for this track. Don't be discouraged if you're not up to speed right away - it takes a lot of time Smile

Ive only been racing properly for just over a year and I've got a long way to go but for me practice practice practice is the key rivals helps too when your on your own go to the leader boards and set a rival that's around 5 tenths quicker I've found that helps

STR stug77

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Freheliaz Wed 16 Nov 2016 - 21:01

When you practice also do practice with people from top teams. Sure you won't match their pace (if you do a 1000 kudos), but you will see the lines they drive. Just ask some people to be in a session with you. We don't mind helping others out.

Also for the Nurburging this is more important than on other tracks. Don't crash. Work out your pit strategy.

TORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 2 SEDnkBhTORA TEC 24 Hours of Nurburgring: General Discussion - Page 2 JUwEMx8

Achievements
1st Indy 500 Lobby C 2020
3rd British GT Independent GT4 2017
2nd Teams TCR TCC 2015
3rd TCR Firecracker '15 Le Mons Underpowered
4th Independents GT Cup 2019
5th Teams V8 Supercars 2018
4th Le Mans 2017 GT Class
5th Spa 2017 GT Class
6th ASCC Endurance Cup 2017
5th British GT Winter Independents 2016
4th Ambitious But Rubbish Championship Mazda 2016
4th TCR Suzuka 1000km 2015
6th TCR GRX and 5th in Teams 2015
First Lobby Win:
2015 TCR TCC Round 4 Lobby C
Freheliaz
Freheliaz

TORA Race Number : 26
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2014-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by SFM Darkzer Wed 16 Nov 2016 - 23:29

F4H Diablo trust me, I recognize your guys GT from the leaderboard. I run /r/redditracing, and was up at the front end when we ran our "Reddit Le Mans Series", albeit with shorter races and not as fast a field.

I'm not having any issues crashing, just hesitant to go flat in certain sections, our car is a little too stiff at the moment.

One of our guys has also never run with manual before, talk about getting thrown to the wolves.

We wanted to see how TORA operates and how we stack up, what better way than the hardest enduro!
SFM Darkzer
SFM Darkzer

TORA Race Number : 923
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 6463
Registration date : 2016-10-15

https://www.reddit.com/user/Sindroome24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next