TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Post Qualifying Press Release EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Post Qualifying Press Release EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Post Qualifying Press Release EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Post Qualifying Press Release EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Post Qualifying Press Release EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Post Qualifying Press Release EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Post Qualifying Press Release EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Post Qualifying Press Release EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Post Qualifying Press Release EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Post Qualifying Press Release

Go down

Post Qualifying Press Release Empty Post Qualifying Press Release

After Thursdays qualy session with only one session left on saturday night Coca Cola Racers team boss Shane held a press conference and released some quotes from his drivers.
As team boss i am very happy with all 3 drivers.
Currently our drivers have qualified 6 8 and 10th and we feel the best of the non diesel cars.

Veteran driver and founder of the team Chucky 1982 had this to say
Due to the summer break I have not been in the LMP1 car for quite some time and heading to Le Mans was not the best come back as this track is not the best for me.

With my early practise I was getting 3:22.255 and was finding it hard to get faster times with trying to keep the car on the track and trying to last as long as possible to have more laps between pits. Qualifying day come up in the first session I managed to get 3:21, I was not happy with this due to round the whole lap I was getting green time until the final sector where I would lose it.

Stonewall helped me out with the second session with giving me a tune, I put it on and headed out for session 2, I managed to shave half a second of my time by getting a 3:20.776 putting me pretty much at the back of the LMP1 class and with some LMP2 cars in front. By the looks of things Gashi and I will be very close during the race but after 2.4 hours anything could happen.

So here’s looking forward to the race on Sunday and the newly painted car what was due to be out at Silverstone, it will make and early appearance this Sunday at Le Mans.

i am delighted to see how well Stonewall is fitting into the team and is quickly proving his skill at tuning having edited the standard tune to Le Mans style he has set a fantastic time and believes he can get it even faster he had this to say to the reporters

"Qualifying went decently. I knew from testing that the car was capable of doing 19s, but for some reason I couldn't get it during qualy. The car is quicker than the time suggests, though. As for the race; I think that if we keep pushing and work out a good fuel strategy, we should be able to finish in front of the Astons."

However best qualifier went surprisingly to culchi. Delighted that he managed to stay sober long enough to pass scrutineering culchi managed a very impressive 3.17.903 meaning that long time rival Jenson09 has to record a time of better than 3.16.617 to outqualify him on saturday. When caught on the entrance to a sleazy bar culchi had the following to say
Culchi says "i am delighted with qualifying having got my best ever time despite nearly 20 hours of practice. also hoping to stay in the A lobby after the final session of qualy on saturday but who knows.So long as there are no helicopters chasing me round this track ill be fine --- Right boss was that good enough can i go to the sponsor party now?? what do you mean the mic is still on"
There will be a brief release on sunday before race when final positions are known and possibly to release the new car design. expect a full report post race.

TORA Chairman
culchi

Number of posts : 1623
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit