TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Jimmy Girvan killed at the Colin McRae Stages Rally EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Jimmy Girvan killed at the Colin McRae Stages Rally EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Jimmy Girvan killed at the Colin McRae Stages Rally EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Jimmy Girvan killed at the Colin McRae Stages Rally EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Jimmy Girvan killed at the Colin McRae Stages Rally EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Jimmy Girvan killed at the Colin McRae Stages Rally EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Jimmy Girvan killed at the Colin McRae Stages Rally EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Jimmy Girvan killed at the Colin McRae Stages Rally EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Jimmy Girvan killed at the Colin McRae Stages Rally EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Jimmy Girvan killed at the Colin McRae Stages Rally

+4
Richy59
ckBrenneke
Slider S15
nickyf1
8 posters

Go down

Jimmy Girvan killed at the Colin McRae Stages Rally Empty Jimmy Girvan killed at the Colin McRae Stages Rally

Post by nickyf1 Sun 26 Sep 2010 - 0:02

This name may not be familiar to many people on these boards, but anyone here who follows the Scottish Rally Championship will.

Jimmy Girvan was one of the top competitors in the SRC. His co-driver Mike Ramsay is not seriously hurt, he is being treated for an arm injury.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-11412436

An extremely sad day for Scottish Rallying. Sad
nickyf1
nickyf1

TORA Race Number : 271
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 10770
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Jimmy Girvan killed at the Colin McRae Stages Rally Empty Re: Jimmy Girvan killed at the Colin McRae Stages Rally

Post by Slider S15 Sun 26 Sep 2010 - 0:14

Sad Sad

I think ive seen him on TV Before (Dave's "Crash" series)

It's never nice to hear about people dieing in Motorsport, and an untimely reminder of how motorsport is dangerous....
Slider S15
Slider S15

TORA Race Number : 219
Number of posts : 3711
Registration date : 2009-01-24

https://www.facebook.com/SlidersStorefront

Back to top Go down

Jimmy Girvan killed at the Colin McRae Stages Rally Empty Re: Jimmy Girvan killed at the Colin McRae Stages Rally

Post by ckBrenneke Sun 26 Sep 2010 - 0:35

Gary and I were discussing this earlier tonight.

It's very sad. I watched him take the 2008 Scottish Rally Championship on tv, and he seemed a really nice guy, very much into his rallying.

Another hard loss for Scottish rallying.

RIP.
ckBrenneke
ckBrenneke

Number of posts : 3856
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Sun 26 Sep 2010 - 8:05

I've heard of him but can't say I've seen him on TV or anything.

RIP

Jimmy Girvan killed at the Colin McRae Stages Rally C7LquN0
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by garyp3398 Sun 26 Sep 2010 - 11:09

Hes been rallying in scotland for years.Only just got beaten by David Bogie last year for the title.Very well known and respected driver.He was a get to the end and see where we are.Wasnt know for the last stage charge but a great talent.Another Scottish talent we have all lost.

Motorsport and rallying even more so is extremely dangerous.The people who take part are without doubt risking their lifes.There is such a fine line they are all driving on.

The McRae stages is also a major event in Scottish rallying and is the tester event for the IRC rally of Scotland.The even made huge headlines a few years back after Colin Mcrae's death they ran a legends class.In which were some of the biggest names Ken Block,Ari Vatanen, Stig Blomquist, Malcolm Wilson and Travis Pastrana and many more.
garyp3398
garyp3398

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2008-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Sun 26 Sep 2010 - 12:04

RIP. 3 years after Colin, lets hope theres no more
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Sun 26 Sep 2010 - 14:02

Girvan was definetally one of the best in the SRC. Bogie would often beat him by ''renting'' Focus WRC's or using his Corolla WRC. The competitors often have no chance against him in their inferior Group N machinery.
nickyf1
nickyf1

TORA Race Number : 271
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 10770

Back to top Go down

Post by jajaja Sun 26 Sep 2010 - 20:43

I still cant believe it! Thats so tragedy..such a good champion but also well-known as a friendly,wonderfull,kind and helpfull,always smiling and funny - just the BEST BOSS/employer ever!!!!!We all be missing him SO much.That was a honor and pleasure to work in your restaurant for You Jimmy.Rest in peace.

jajaja

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Pebb Mon 27 Sep 2010 - 14:09

RIP

----

I think it is another blow to motorsports, because we have lost yet another person in racing.

Pebb

Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 1679
Registration date : 2008-08-14

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pebb/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down