TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Team Halfords - News and Announcements - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Team Halfords - News and Announcements - Page 3 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Team Halfords - News and Announcements - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Team Halfords - News and Announcements - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Team Halfords - News and Announcements - Page 3 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Team Halfords - News and Announcements - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Team Halfords - News and Announcements - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Team Halfords - News and Announcements - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Team Halfords - News and Announcements - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Team Halfords - News and Announcements

+9
PLOW Kris
garyp3398
Aid123X
nickyf1
Richy59
ATR DAN
adam20692
Matt
ckBrenneke
13 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Team Halfords - News and Announcements - Page 3 Empty Re: Team Halfords - News and Announcements

Post by Richy59 Tue 13 Jan 2009 - 21:49

...good point Razz

i MENT road atlanta lol, it all gets very confusing.

at least i'll win at road america, the only way i can Razz
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Team Halfords - News and Announcements - Page 3 Empty Re: Team Halfords - News and Announcements

Post by Matt Tue 20 Jan 2009 - 21:24

BREAKING NEWS!!!!

After two terrible races involving collisions with other cars, Jenson09 defied his pre-race critics and won the final race of the day outright. His right OUTRIGHT BTCC victory.

More to come.
Matt
Matt

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14648
Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ianmr Tue 20 Jan 2009 - 21:28

one more lap....one more LAP!! lol i wil get you next round !
Ianmr
Ianmr

TORA Race Number : 13
Number of posts : 2326
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Tue 20 Jan 2009 - 21:38

lol, close and fair racing.
Just how I like it.
Matt
Matt

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR The Butcher Tue 20 Jan 2009 - 23:19

well done jenson
CQR The Butcher
CQR The Butcher

Number of posts : 933
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Wed 21 Jan 2009 - 0:01

Yeah the good ship Halfords didn't way anchor nearly as much as last time Wink As most of the field in Race 2 turn 1 will testify hehe

But race three was a real team effort.
Matt
Matt

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Pebb Wed 21 Jan 2009 - 0:14

It is good to hear you are having a good season Matt. Also it sounds like the season so far is very fun.

Pebb

Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 1679
Registration date : 2008-08-14

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pebb/

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Wed 21 Jan 2009 - 16:00

I apologise for taking CK and Garry off the track, sorry
nickyf1
nickyf1

TORA Race Number : 271
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 10770
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by ATR DAN Wed 21 Jan 2009 - 16:02

Congradulations to Jenson and Team Halfords for there first win! cheers
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

TORA Race Number : 7
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4872
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Wed 21 Jan 2009 - 16:21

they won twice at Muggelo!
nickyf1
nickyf1

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by lfcnicklfc Wed 21 Jan 2009 - 16:23

first overall win Nicky and well done by the way
lfcnicklfc
lfcnicklfc

TORA Race Number : 11
Number of posts : 3589
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by ATR DAN Wed 21 Jan 2009 - 16:29

nicky wrote:they won twice at Muggelo!

That was two lobby wins but they wasn't for overall victory!
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

TORA Race Number : 7
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4872
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Wed 21 Jan 2009 - 16:29

haha, silly me Laughing
nickyf1
nickyf1

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Thu 22 Jan 2009 - 23:23

Postcard from Road Atlanta will be on its way very soon Smile
Matt
Matt

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Sat 24 Jan 2009 - 15:48

Postcard From....Road Atlanta

Friendly Rivalries...

Let me start with an apology. Race 1 was not saved so no pics from that. Suffice to say Ian took the lead and won comfortable while the rest of the field did what they do best and created havoc. Though this was on a minor scale compared with what came next!
Additionally, the rivalry between Team Halfords and M+M Racing was resumed once again. Jenson09 seemingly incapable of having a race without at least ONE of the SEATs being in close proximity. Whereas at Mugello it was Jenson09 who took the opening two races this time Ianmr had the joy of two race wins and was only just denied a third by the Halfords driver.

Race 2
This was always going to be a close one and for the first time M+M Racing locked out the front row with AJZero and nickyf1 close behind.
Race One had not proven to be as successful for the men from Team Halfords, they lined up 5th, 7th and 8th.
Team Halfords - News and Announcements - Page 3 RABTCC1

Following the rolling start, once again the Civic of jenson09 lept forward and passed nickyf1 almost immediatly then slotting his Civic Si in a gap just big enough between AJZero and the pitwall. This unique view from ckBrenneke's splitter cam shows his advance.
Team Halfords - News and Announcements - Page 3 RABTCC2

The cars surged onward into Turn one, from this pic you can see the mid-pack almost four abreast with the M+M cars making their getaway.
Team Halfords - News and Announcements - Page 3 RABTCC3

Then it all went horribly wrong! A slight brush with Richy unsettled the Civic causing a slide which drew him wider. Contact from a helpless Chaddy pitched the civic into the side of Richy a second time.
Team Halfords - News and Announcements - Page 3 RABTCC4

All three now slid across the track, jenson09 trying to regain control as Richy spun infront of him and Chaddy fell off in sympathy. Further back and more contact in a separate incident threatened to make this off a whole lot bigger!
Team Halfords - News and Announcements - Page 3 RABTCC5

AJZero passes clean through the madness on his left but behind the Halfords cars of ck and garyp collect each other and slide off. Almost two thirds of the field are off the track at this point.
Team Halfords - News and Announcements - Page 3 RABTCC6

nickyf1 demonstrates his Stobart rallying skills are not wasted in touring cars! The sliding car of garyp is about to become VERY intimate with the recovering cars ahead.
Team Halfords - News and Announcements - Page 3 RABTCC7

The enormity of the Turn 1 crash brought out the 'safety car' regs and Ianmr led the way with AJZero literaly bitig at his bumper! Jenson09 who suffered severe engine damage when he was broadsided by the wayward garyp would spear off into the pitlane to receive assistance.
Team Halfords - News and Announcements - Page 3 RABTCC8

On the restart Ianmr made a great getaway and was largely untroubled for the remained of the race. His view being uncluttered by other cars (or pieces thereof!)
Team Halfords - News and Announcements - Page 3 RABTCC9

AJZero (sporting damage from bumping the back of Ianmr on the restart) fought hard but couldn't quite match the pace of the leading Rizla SEAT.
Team Halfords - News and Announcements - Page 3 RABTCC10

The Scuderia Martini cars were celebrating the success of President Obama at Road America. However they would have to settle for second and third in Race 2.
Team Halfords - News and Announcements - Page 3 RABTCC11

Team Halfords had a torrid time, garyp would line up second on the reverse grid with team mate jenson09 on pole.
Team Halfords - News and Announcements - Page 3 RABTCC12

Race 2 results:
IanMR
AJZero
Chaddy2K8
Richy59
ckBrenneke
nickyF1
garyp3398
jenson09

Race 3

And so it came to this.... Two Halfords cars on the front row, and a two time race winner at the back. Tensions mounted as the drivers rolled up for the start of the Reverse grid race.
Team Halfords - News and Announcements - Page 3 RABTCC13

On the green light jenson09 got yet another of his blinding starts and scampered off into the distance leaving garyp to act as rear gunner.... with this competiton this was like fending off the Terminator with a water pistol!
Team Halfords - News and Announcements - Page 3 RABTCC14

Through Turns 2 and 3 and the cars were very close. AJZero trying hard to stay on the back of the Rizla SEAT's as they sliced through the field.
Team Halfords - News and Announcements - Page 3 RABTCC15

nickyf1 had been running close behind the leading Halfords duo before this lurid slid cost him several positions and probably a pair of underpants.
Team Halfords - News and Announcements - Page 3 RABTCC24

Onto the back straight for the first time and garyp defended well holding up a gaggle of SEAT's behind him. Jenson09 was now able to build a strong lead up.
Team Halfords - News and Announcements - Page 3 RABTCC16

At each turn garyp came under huge pressure from Richy in the lead M+M car....
Team Halfords - News and Announcements - Page 3 RABTCC17

But not as close as he did from Ianmr, who had passed team mate Richy round the outside on the drop back down the grid.
Team Halfords - News and Announcements - Page 3 RABTCC18

Ian was very keen not to be held up and make it three wins in a row. This Plato-esque, robust move on garyp almost cost him third place as AJZero (never far away) attacked the Rizla SEAT from the right.
Team Halfords - News and Announcements - Page 3 RABTCC19

Along the back straight and the Honda and SEAT were neck and neck. Ianmr held out just ahead but for how long?
Team Halfords - News and Announcements - Page 3 RABTCC20

Dropping into the chicane and AJ took a dive up the insise of the SEAT, Ianmr defended bravely...
Team Halfords - News and Announcements - Page 3 RABTCC21

AJ had nowhere to go and slid along the grass inside the corner, narrowly missing both Ianmr who was forced to folllow AJ off and garyp who had been forced to the outer edge of the circuit but maintained control.
Team Halfords - News and Announcements - Page 3 RABTCC22
Team Halfords - News and Announcements - Page 3 RABTCC23

Under the Bridge and Ian had retained his position and was slightly ahead of his team mate and garyp who was now squabbling with Chaddy.
Team Halfords - News and Announcements - Page 3 RABTCC25

Sure enough slight contact between the SEAT and Honda saw Chaddy pitched into a slide that he was lucky to collect.
Team Halfords - News and Announcements - Page 3 RABTCC26

Without the hassle from behind Ianmr was able to build up some good pace.
Team Halfords - News and Announcements - Page 3 RABTCC27

On lap 5 AJZero, having got an impressive run at his team mate out of the final chicane attempted a pass onto the main straight. There was enough of a touch to see Chaddy spun out and towards the tyre barrier..
Team Halfords - News and Announcements - Page 3 RABTCC28

Chaddy's car was pitched into a horrible series of spins, the driver unable to do anything and narrowly missing Richy in the process
Team Halfords - News and Announcements - Page 3 RABTCC29

However nickyf1 could do nothing to avoid the horrific impact. His car was launched high into the air as a result.
Team Halfords - News and Announcements - Page 3 RABTCC30

This high in fact!!
Team Halfords - News and Announcements - Page 3 RABTCC31

Meanwhile Ians hunt for jenson09 continues and slowly but surely he reeled the Honda in....
Team Halfords - News and Announcements - Page 3 RABTCC32

Lap 8 and Ian HAS to make his lunge soon. He had been oh so close to the Honda through the twisty sections of the track but had to be right on the Civic's bumper before the back straight or the race was lost...
Team Halfords - News and Announcements - Page 3 RABTCC33

At the bottom two turns Ian made his move. Jenson09 tried hard to block but couldnt avoid the morse code on his rear. Once..
Team Halfords - News and Announcements - Page 3 RABTCC34

and twice. The race win literally coming down to this move. Once the Honda was on the straight there was little chance for the SEAT to catch up.
Team Halfords - News and Announcements - Page 3 RABTCC35

And so FINALLY, jenson09 took his first outright race win of the season. His third lobby win overall.
Team Halfords - News and Announcements - Page 3 RABTCC36

And so the Plato/Neal style battle rumbles on to the next round at Motegi. Who will come out on top in the battle of the non-AWD cars? Not long to find out.

Race Result
jenson09
IanMR
AJZero
Richy59
ckBrenneke
garyp3398
Chaddy2K8
nickyF1
Matt
Matt

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by garyp3398 Sun 25 Jan 2009 - 20:46

Great race report Jenson! Very well done on your perall race win Very Happy Very Happy lets hope it the first of many.Great racing.
garyp3398
garyp3398

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2008-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Sun 25 Jan 2009 - 22:43

Shocked whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat..

How did i manage to get THAT HIGH
nickyf1
nickyf1

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Ianmr Sun 25 Jan 2009 - 23:09

hehe
Ianmr
Ianmr

TORA Race Number : 13
Number of posts : 2326

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW Kris Sun 25 Jan 2009 - 23:13

Gota say matt a cracking report m8 a proper booo read
PLOW Kris
PLOW Kris

Number of posts : 713

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Mon 26 Jan 2009 - 10:37

I like doing the reports even when its not me on the top step. Watching the race over you really get to see all the crazy stuff going on behind nd sometimes it really does look like a proper touring car race lol.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interview with Race 3 winner: jenson09

So jenson09, its been a long time coming.
Yeah its really been alot of work to get to this point. The team's worked so hard to get here and I realy have to thank them for providing me with such a good car.

It hasn't all been plain sailing this weekend though has it?
Uh, no!
Race one we lost out with a silly little touch over the top chicane and that dropped me right back but no serious damage. Race two we had a blinding start, was about third and just had a bit of a slide that kicked off a bigger accident. I think Chaddy got into the back of me a little bit and that just turned me across into Richy. Of course it was actually one of my team mates that caused the major damage but he was involved in another accident unfolding behind us so its not really his fault.

Do you think you could have battled for more than just one race win?
For sure. The nature of the track seemed to suit our cars. We were on the pace of the M+M boys and to be honest they are the guys we're fighting with in the championship. Thats teams and drivers. I'm just not concerning myself with the AWD cars/ Thats just not going to happen.
I think that we had a car good enough for lobby podiums and had we had a better qualy session an A Lobby place was easily on the cards. But thats not how it panned out and we have to come back from that.

How are you feeling ahead of Motegi?
Well not as good as I did in the run up to Road Atlanta! Its not a track I personnaly like but the car should go ok there. Its another open circuit with long enough straights for us. I just find I dn't get a good flow there so thats somethign I have to work on.

Its been said that you're focussing more on your BTCC campaign now. Can you comment?
Well a top five place is on the cards. You do the math!

Finally, the silly season is almost upon us. Any thoughts on where you may be for the next series?
Um, well there's going to be alot of changes with the move to a new format but I can't really comment on my activities next season just yet.
Matt
Matt

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Mon 26 Jan 2009 - 10:50

Nice report jenson, i expect our teams to battle all the way up to the end Wink
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Mon 9 Feb 2009 - 13:46

Postcard from Motegi coming soon....
Matt
Matt

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Tue 17 Feb 2009 - 23:07

Postcard from Sebring will probably have coarse language and won't be fun to read at all.....
Matt
Matt

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Feb 2009 - 23:32

Jenson09 wrote:Postcard from Sebring will probably have coarse language and won't be fun to read at all.....

Send to me for word filtering Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Tue 17 Feb 2009 - 23:40

lol it will be technicolour in nature Very Happy:D:D:D:D
Matt
Matt

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next