TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Priaux "retires from touring car racing" EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Priaux "retires from touring car racing" EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Priaux "retires from touring car racing" EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Priaux "retires from touring car racing" EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Priaux "retires from touring car racing" EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Priaux "retires from touring car racing" EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Priaux "retires from touring car racing" EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Priaux "retires from touring car racing" EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Priaux "retires from touring car racing" EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Priaux "retires from touring car racing"

5 posters

Go down

Priaux "retires from touring car racing" Empty Priaux "retires from touring car racing"

Post by AMR of the Apex Wed 8 Dec 2010 - 8:35

Everyone just seemed to overlook this one yesterday, maybe nobody took it on a level of seriousness...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/9259838.stm

...because theres better things than the WTCC and we're all knowing where he is going.
AMR of the Apex
AMR of the Apex

TORA Race Number : TBD
Playstation 4 Xbox One

Number of posts : 3833
Registration date : 2010-04-14

Back to top Go down

Priaux "retires from touring car racing" Empty Re: Priaux "retires from touring car racing"

Post by CQR Rogue Wed 8 Dec 2010 - 8:36

DTM next year, Lemans ICC and nur 24? this year?
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Priaux "retires from touring car racing" Empty Re: Priaux "retires from touring car racing"

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Wed 8 Dec 2010 - 10:51

he ll be in dtm for sure
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by ckBrenneke Wed 8 Dec 2010 - 12:08

With BMW not going to DTM until 2012, that gives him a nice relaxing year, doesn't it? Three 24hr races for the season?

BMW has also come out and said they are not happy with the new NGTC rules and the way everyone is moving away from the 1.6 Turbo S2000 regs. Wonder if that's why we're seeing teams like Motorbase move away from the BMW, seems to be a major lack of support there.

Can only hope Alan Gow has some big ideas in the works for revamping the WTCC, I do like it, I try to follow it, and not having Eurosport, I can only watch the highlights package on ITV4, but it's really far too confusing, often needlessly so.

For me the most exciting point of the year was Colin Turkington taking the BMW by the scruff of the neck and really getting in amongst the big boys, only to be disqualified for the reason of being too successful - sorry, I mean the wrong type of car or something. The ballast weight rules were completely mental. And the tracks are uninspiring.

Unless we see Subaru or one of those long-touted works entries finally arrive, the only proper works entries are the 3 Chevrolets and a Volvo. Not good.

So with Priaulx retiring, Farfus gone and BMW pulling out, I hope that Mr Gow has a big book of WTCC recovery plans handy, cos he really has his work cut out.

Although, I am really looking forward to the Donington round in 2011, wonder if I can get time off for that one...
ckBrenneke
ckBrenneke

Number of posts : 3856
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Wed 8 Dec 2010 - 12:21

yea Maybe Nail in Coffin for WTCC, Shame really but new engine regs are not good for most major manfactures however ideal for ford, toyota etc (think about prestige of cars) BMW which looks better Le Mans or Racing agianst a done up Daweoooooooooooooooooo lol
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Wed 8 Dec 2010 - 18:17

DTM looks set to be the worlds dominant touring car formula in the next five years, and I cannot wait to see Priaulx in the ''new'' DTM which will hopefully be much more road relevant.

This new DTM saga with Europe, USA and Japan (and possibly Australia) will hopefully lead to a new ILMC-style calendar for Touring Cars, and once again, a world championship with big cars and big races (like Spa 24 Hours, Bathurst 1000, RAC Tourist Trophy) will be present while the domestic series in Europe have their ever popular Sprint formats and loyal fans Smile

At the end of the day, I want to see big cars, professional teams and quality drivers. The DTM should provide for a while!
nickyf1
nickyf1

TORA Race Number : 271
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 10770
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by AMR of the Apex Wed 8 Dec 2010 - 18:33

Did he not say he was "Retiring" from touring cars though?

the "T" in "DTM" doesnt stand for "Toffee"
AMR of the Apex
AMR of the Apex

TORA Race Number : TBD
Playstation 4 Xbox One

Number of posts : 3833
Registration date : 2010-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by ckBrenneke Wed 8 Dec 2010 - 19:12

I do like the idea that DTM is going to move away from silhouettes, even slightly, and that it's star is in ascendancy, with BMW confirmed and manufacturers like Opel and Nissan sniffing around.

But for me, DTM isn't touring cars. S2000 represents for me what Touring Cars are about, and NGTC by extension continues that. The biggest problem with S2000 is the expense, which up until a few years ago wasn't a huge issue, but then the global economic crisis hit motorsport hard. The real issue is the decidedly poor way the WTCC has been run, and that has helped nail the S2000 coffin closed.

I think what I am trying to say is we shouldn't be looking at a national series (and I know DTM is branching out to the US, etc.) to lead the way as the dominant formula. The WTCC is supposed to be the pinnacle of the Touring Cars, and it has fallen flat on its face of late.
ckBrenneke
ckBrenneke

Number of posts : 3856
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down