TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
GTC Meeting 1 Discussion Thread –Suzuka (Full Circuit) - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
GTC Meeting 1 Discussion Thread –Suzuka (Full Circuit) - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
GTC Meeting 1 Discussion Thread –Suzuka (Full Circuit) - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
GTC Meeting 1 Discussion Thread –Suzuka (Full Circuit) - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
GTC Meeting 1 Discussion Thread –Suzuka (Full Circuit) - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
GTC Meeting 1 Discussion Thread –Suzuka (Full Circuit) - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
GTC Meeting 1 Discussion Thread –Suzuka (Full Circuit) - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
GTC Meeting 1 Discussion Thread –Suzuka (Full Circuit) - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
GTC Meeting 1 Discussion Thread –Suzuka (Full Circuit) - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

GTC Meeting 1 Discussion Thread –Suzuka (Full Circuit)

+14
Crisis Nine
i redbeard
CQR Senna
nickyf1
garyp3398
ONR Baby Jet 3
CQR Aero
CQR Rogue
LMR DarthMario
Radiation Louis
johnnyboy360
CQR Champion
Biggsy tv
JAMIE ANDERS0N
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

GTC Meeting 1 Discussion Thread –Suzuka (Full Circuit) - Page 2 Empty Re: GTC Meeting 1 Discussion Thread –Suzuka (Full Circuit)

Post by its troff Mon 10 Jan 2011 - 12:23

Its probably not the best idea to mute anyone you're racing with just incase you do actually need to hear them at some point. Last night though was a joke...mumbling the same 4-5 words over and over again for the best part of 15 minutes even when people were speaking...great contribution.

Had a good start but got clattered around lap 8-9 and struggled the rest of the race with damaged aero to the tune of 2 seconds a lap. For a one hour race, especially using the finishing time rather than lobby position, sim damage is exceptionally harsh.
its troff
its troff

Number of posts : 1042
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

GTC Meeting 1 Discussion Thread –Suzuka (Full Circuit) - Page 2 Empty Re: GTC Meeting 1 Discussion Thread –Suzuka (Full Circuit)

Post by CQR Aero Mon 10 Jan 2011 - 12:42

I'm sure there will be a bit of a transition period while people get used to sim damage, but there are benefits - better tyre/fuel degradation, and supposedly; an incentive for people to consider their manoeuvres more carefully before making desperate lunges etc.
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

TORA Race Number : 80
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6084
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.chrissiddallmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Mon 10 Jan 2011 - 12:50

I quite liked how under Sim damage we received suspension damage if we took the kerbs too hard. That was a nice touch even although it never really came into play. lfcnick and biggs ha d a bit of a tap but I don't think they suffered any damage even running sim damage. Overall I think it's a good thing, although I was very conscious of not falling off or hitting a wall so that I could keep my overall race time down as low as possible. Makes it more interesting.
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JAMIE ANDERS0N Mon 10 Jan 2011 - 12:55

I was not in this race last night but I do prefere to have sim damage in all the main races, as simple things like dropping a gear early will damage a sim car where as a limited car it will do nothing. and the force your way pass someone you will think more of it then just going for it.

And someone like me who dont make many mistakes might gain some places overall
JAMIE ANDERS0N
JAMIE ANDERS0N

TORA Race Number : 76
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6805
Registration date : 2008-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post by its troff Mon 10 Jan 2011 - 12:57

Its not really a transition, it was always considered a bad idea to crash Wink

The first TORA series I joined had damage off to "prolong the spectacle" which appealed to me as a rookie knowing that it wasn't possible to total someone elses car whist I was still finding my feet. If you get full red aero damage in the first half of the race though you may as well call it a night.
its troff
its troff

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Mon 10 Jan 2011 - 13:03

The problem with Forza 3 is that we don't have the ability to seperate Simulation Tyres/Fuel from Simulation Damage. In Forza 2 we had that option so we ran Sim Tyres/Fuel to make the car behave more realistically and we had to pit to make sure we could push all the way till the end. We did have damage off as, like you said troff, it meant we could have close racing yet still be able to run a full race without ruined aero. I remember a few races in Forza 2 where we wouldn't have had such good races if we had damage on. Unfortunately, we can't seperate them in Forza 3 so we have chose for this series to try Simulation damage for the first time. It's tricky and it can be a pain, but having it on and having the challenge of racing with it on is better than having no tyre/fuel wear at all. In my opinion anyway. We can re-evaluate it onc ethe seaosn is done. Rememebr we have another 2 GT series this year and we have the year long ISCC and our TCC program.
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by GTR Evoluzione Mon 10 Jan 2011 - 13:13

Crisis Nine wrote:
WWR Aero wrote:
johnnyboy360 wrote:Bit dissapointed with James but oh well!!

If you/James/anyone would like to come for a session where I take you through lines/braking points for the next circuit before you race again (i.e. tonight for tomorrow's NGTC) then I'd be more than happy to do so if it helps.

What James needs is a session where you take him through how not to annoy everyone in his lobby by constantly singing and talking during a race. Oh and how not to crash into people, and if in the unfortunate event of a crash occuring how to apologise afterwards and explain what went wrong.

Thanks.
it was 16% rear damage and 9% on the sides.. no idea how that effects the car on track.. but on the first corner.. it was a bit unfortunate.

I’m putting it all down to a racing incident. As a newcomer to GT racing I found it a steep learning and I’ve raced in a couple events last year, so diving straight in at Sim damage and in a GT car you are going to have a couple incidents. I do think he said sorry? Has anyone watched the replay? It felt like he just over cooked it on the brakes as he must have been braking as i wasn't wiped out.

The rear shunt on the parade lap was funny.. bright yellow thing all locked up sliding towards me.. but the restart was appreciated. Thanks guys.
GTR Evoluzione
GTR Evoluzione

Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2009-06-09

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8433988@N08/

Back to top Go down

Post by i redbeard Mon 10 Jan 2011 - 13:21

GTR Evoluzione wrote:
Crisis Nine wrote:
WWR Aero wrote:

If you/James/anyone would like to come for a session where I take you through lines/braking points for the next circuit before you race again (i.e. tonight for tomorrow's NGTC) then I'd be more than happy to do so if it helps.

What James needs is a session where you take him through how not to annoy everyone in his lobby by constantly singing and talking during a race. Oh and how not to crash into people, and if in the unfortunate event of a crash occuring how to apologise afterwards and explain what went wrong.

Thanks.
it was 16% rear damage and 9% on the sides.. no idea how that effects the car on track.. but on the first corner.. it was a bit unfortunate.

I’m putting it all down to a racing incident. As a newcomer to GT racing I found it a steep learning and I’ve raced in a couple events last year, so diving straight in at Sim damage and in a GT car you are going to have a couple incidents. I do think he said sorry? Has anyone watched the replay? It felt like he just over cooked it on the brakes as he must have been braking as i wasn't wiped out.

The rear shunt on the parade lap was funny.. bright yellow thing all locked up sliding towards me.. but the restart was appreciated. Thanks guys.

I'm the bright yellow thing! I was bright red moments later though Embarassed

Having kept a close eye on him behind me I thought it best to let him past at the start & drive past him once he was in the gravel at turn 1, unfortunately he collected you on his way...
i redbeard
i redbeard

Number of posts : 456
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Mon 10 Jan 2011 - 13:25

I've watched the replay Chris, and agree it's pretty 50/50 as he over-cooks it on the inside, whilst you get an unfortunate sudden burst of turn-in.

As I said above, I think sim damage is a good thing. Yes you'll get more heavily penalised if you have an incident, but then, if you wreck in real life, your just flat out of the race. The one thing that would make this hurt just that little bit less, would be the ability to have long "major work" pitstops for repairing bodywork etc.
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by its troff Mon 10 Jan 2011 - 13:32

I know it's not TORA's game so you have to work with what you're given, but if I'd spent more time testing this week and not painting I'd have probably been pretty cheesed off. I still really enjoyed the race so I'll stop whinging. Smile

I'm certainly not complaining about the crash. Johnny drove a great race and stuck a really brilliant move on me round 130R. It was an honest mistake and he was a proper gent about it...it was only a tap but it was enough.

Looking forward to the next race and its slightly shorter straights now Smile
its troff
its troff

Back to top Go down

Post by its troff Mon 10 Jan 2011 - 13:34

i redbeard wrote:I thought it best to let him past at the start & drive past him once he was in the gravel at turn 1

Very Happy
its troff
its troff

Back to top Go down

Post by GTR Evoluzione Mon 10 Jan 2011 - 13:35

WWR Aero wrote:I've watched the replay Chris, and agree it's pretty 50/50 as he over-cooks it on the inside, whilst you get an unfortunate sudden burst of turn-in.

As I said above, I think sim damage is a good thing. Yes you'll get more heavily penalised if you have an incident, but then, if you wreck in real life, your just flat out of the race. The one thing that would make this hurt just that little bit less, would be the ability to have long "major work" pitstops for repairing bodywork etc.
May sound crazy but i liked the damage on.. It made me drive like i was in a real race and it makes you think about going full bore into a corner when you know the barrier is going to hurt and hurt you bad..
Also what goes around comes around. I pushed past chaddy in the TCC last year, i took a hit in GTC. If he's braking, i'm turning in. All's fair. (it was just nice not to be the cause of the shunt, well at least not the main cause) .
btw can you send me the replay please?
GTR Evoluzione
GTR Evoluzione

Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2009-06-09

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8433988@N08/

Back to top Go down

Post by Crisis Nine Mon 10 Jan 2011 - 14:03

i redbeard wrote:
WWR Aero wrote:
Crisis Nine wrote:
WWR Aero wrote:

Thanks.

I understand your frustration, but if the Organisation is to move forwards and welcome new members, we can't character assassinate every rookie that comes along. Many people have never raced in the kind of organised races that we hold. As I stated above, I'm more than happy to help people get up to speed, both with driving, and racing etiquette. Yes it's unfortunate that there were incidents, but I think it would be better to help the guy improve rather than say "you ruined my race, go away, you're a liability" etc.
Re: singing/chatting etc, go into the offenders gamertag page and mute them if it's that bad, or simpler still, turn your headset volume down. I do this all the time when I'm finding that someone is breaking my focus during a race. Due to the diversity of our member base, I think it's unfeasible to try to silence those with "verbal diarrhea" I'm afraid.

I have to say I'm in the middle ground here. I understand 'the Organisation' is looking to expand & recruit new members etc, but I think the reason it has been so successful to date is that it has been joined by people trying to avoid precisely what we saw/heard in that lobby last night. Don't get me wrong - I've certainly heard worse over the years, but this is not what I would expect from TORA. Simultaneously I would assume TORA would expect me not to behave in a manner disruptive to other members.

What he said. The racing etiquette comes with experience, but the constant annoyance of singing and talking to others in his house/room whilst people are trying to concentrate doesn't require practice to stop does it.

Crisis Nine

TORA Race Number : 152
Number of posts : 2192
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Mon 10 Jan 2011 - 14:23

Lobby B replay is on my SF now. I also have A and C lobbies, which I'll upload tonight.
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnyboy360 Mon 10 Jan 2011 - 16:10

Just read all the comments and I was telling James to shut up because he was annoying me so when we are next on like Chris said we will have a talk about it. And Chris that offer of helping us (well moreover James) sounds great and if you can do it either tonight or before the NGTC race it would be really appreciated! And as for the little crash me and troff had, it was a pure genuine mistake where l got a little bit too late on braking and just locked up and didn't have much room to avoid it! But thanks troff and everyone else it's certainly great to be back! Only thing I'm dissapointed at is that I fell out of the top 10 and scored no points Sad but there we go just an encouragement to go faster!!

johnnyboy360

Number of posts : 1287
Registration date : 2010-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Mon 10 Jan 2011 - 16:29

In a rethink on the points front, you'll see that everyone who attended scored points. Non-multi class series will be scored as they were in 2010 (50,44,40,36-0).
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnyboy360 Mon 10 Jan 2011 - 16:34

Ahh ok didnt know that thanks Chris!

johnnyboy360

Number of posts : 1287
Registration date : 2010-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Pebb Tue 11 Jan 2011 - 20:31

I will start to request some replays, once I have finished going through the replays. Which Duncan has sent me.

Pebb

Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 1679
Registration date : 2008-08-14

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pebb/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2