TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
The Dawn of a New Era EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
The Dawn of a New Era EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
The Dawn of a New Era EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
The Dawn of a New Era EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
The Dawn of a New Era EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
The Dawn of a New Era EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
The Dawn of a New Era EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
The Dawn of a New Era EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
The Dawn of a New Era EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

The Dawn of a New Era

Go down

The Dawn of a New Era Empty The Dawn of a New Era

The Dawn of a New Era Forza211

The Coca-Cola Racers team have confirmed that they are partnering with 2-time American Le Mans Series Champion, Highcroft Racing for the remainder of the International Sports Car Cup season. The team will be running two HPD ARX-01b cars on Michelin rubber. Duncan Dayton, team principal of Highcroft Racing, spoke to the media yesterday to address this partnership.

*Duncan Dayton wrote:It is my pleasure to announce that as of today, we are partnering with the Coca-Cola Racers LMP2 team. This decision was quite an easy one for us at Highcroft. It gives us an opportunity to expand our HPD racing program to other areas of the world. We hope this partnership will not only benefit us, but also benefit the Coca-Cola Racers team in helping them achieve the LMP2 championship along with success in other disciplines of motorsport.

Shane Mortimer, team owner/driver of Coca-Cola Racers, was interviewed recently for his perspective on this new deal.

Q: As team owner of Coca-Cola Racers, what were the reasons behind this partnership with Highcroft?

SM: We have always been fans of Highcroft here at Coca-Cola Racers and have the same history as Highcroft in running with Acura's cars. Once the opportunity arose we jumped at it and are pleased to commit the remainder of our ISCC campaign to the Highcroft team.

Q: What benefits do you get because of this partnership?

SM: Following the retirement of Jamie and Chris's change to GT racing, we had two spare P2 cars and both myself and Conner decided to trade in all four Pescarolo-Judd cars and get the best from Highcroft.
With this partnership we get four new Highcroft P2 chassis with 2 serving as backups for the inevitable crashes. Plus, we get tons of racing data to help us for the European leg of the ISCC.

Q: Do you feel any pressure to live up to the Highcroft name?

SM: Well, yes. We have pressure from both the Highcroft brand and our own fellow P2 racers who won the Asian round of the championship.

Q: What are your goals for the European leg of the ISCC?

SM: With more teams signing up for P2 this time around, we are hoping for regular class podiums and hoping for at least 1 win this session.

Conner Johnson, Mortimer's co-driver, briefly spoke to the press after the announcement.

Conner Johnson wrote:This partnership certainly helps us; we've got 2-time ALMS champions on our side! The technology and racing data they have access to is immense. Those guys are going to be vital in our hunt for the P2 championship.

*Not actual quote from Duncan Dayton.
Stonewall458
Stonewall458

Number of posts : 1560
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

The Dawn of a New Era :: Comments

LMR DarthMario

Post Sat 2 Apr 2011 - 23:38 by LMR DarthMario

nice writeup conner. Smile hope to see those highcroft racers whiz by my Audi. Smile

Back to top Go down

VVV GunDaM

Post Sat 2 Apr 2011 - 23:45 by VVV GunDaM

Best of luck gentlemen!

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down