TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TORA GT Round 3 & 4 - Sebring EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TORA GT Round 3 & 4 - Sebring EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TORA GT Round 3 & 4 - Sebring EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA GT Round 3 & 4 - Sebring EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA GT Round 3 & 4 - Sebring EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA GT Round 3 & 4 - Sebring EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA GT Round 3 & 4 - Sebring EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA GT Round 3 & 4 - Sebring EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA GT Round 3 & 4 - Sebring EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA GT Round 3 & 4 - Sebring

+25
Ax4x Insanity
Richy59
CQR Champion
ShiftyAftermaff
Ianmr
F4H Carrera
EZT Ramoza
MOPAR001
EZT PDILLY77
Radiation Louis
narboza22
Exiled666
F4H FACEPALMER
VVV Grimm
H R FLOCK
CQR Senna
F4H Bullet
CQR Aero
Captain Handbag
VVV GunDaM
HCR generaltso
johnnyboy360
LMR DarthMario
ATR DAN
CQR Rogue
29 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

TORA GT Round 3 & 4 - Sebring Empty TORA GT Round 3 & 4 - Sebring

Post by CQR Rogue Wed 22 Jun 2011 - 8:53

The prestigious MSA TORA Summer GT Championship is this Sunday.

Rounds 3 & 4 will take place on the 26th of June @ Sebring @ 20:00 Hours BST

Event Itinerary

All races will take place on Sundays @ 20:00 BST.
Please make sure you are online on Forza Motorsport 3 and you have checked that you have no connection issues 10 minutes before the meeting is due to get under way.
Please make sure you have a open NAT setting.
You will receive a invite from your lobby host around 20:00 Hours BST.

Qualifying

Qualifying will consist of 4 flying laps (lap counter will be set to 6 laps)
Collisions will be forced off
Damage will be set to limited damage
There will be a 5 second roll off delay
The Grid will be set to Random
Once you complete all 4 flying laps you will meet in the first corner so that the lobby marshals can take down your qualifying time and conduct scrutineering if required.
Please note that only your best certified lap will be taken in qualifying. If you do not have a certified lap your best lap will count AFTER all certified times have been logged

Times will then be uploaded to the Live Timing application by the chief marshal of the meeting

Race

Each Race will be set to a pre-determined number of laps which will total approximately 30 minutes of track action.

Race 1

The grid will be ordered as per qualifying times.
The grid will form up in race order on the parade lap, this will be instructed by the lobby captain and then the race will start by a rolling start. Cars will stay at 100mph on the parade lap until a pre-determined location where all cars will drop to 60mph and line up side-by-side in a rolling grid. Once you pass the pit entrance the pole sitter can shout "go". Once "go" is called cars may accelerate past 60mph, though there can be no overtaking until the start and finish line.
You must make 1 mandatory pit stop between lap 2 and the penultimate lap of the race.
You may not make your mandatory stop on the first or last lap of the race. The lobby captain must be informed by each driver when they are taking their pit stop, and failure to pit will result in disqualification.
You will race to the end of the set number of laps and confirm with the lobby host at the end of the race your finishing order.

Race 2

The grid will be ordered as per the reverse of the finishing positions from Race 1 within your lobby.
The grid will form up in race order on the parade lap, this will be instructed by the lobby captain and then the race will start by a rolling start. Cars will stay at 100mph on the parade lap until a pre-determined location where all cars will drop to 60mph and line up side-by-side, once you pass the pit entrance the pole sitter can shout "go". Once "go" is called cars may accelerate past 60mph, though there can be no overtaking until the start and finish line.
You must make 1 mandatory pit stop between lap 2 and the penultimate lap of the race.
You may not make your mandatory stop on the first or last lap of the race. The lobby captain must be informed by each driver when they are taking their pit stop, and failure to pit will result in disqualification.
You will race to the end of the set number of laps and confirm with the lobby host at the end of the race your finishing order.
Both races are scored using the standard TORA points system.

As GT racing is a non-contact sport incidents which endanger you or another competitor will be referred to the head steward and appropriate action will be taken.

Damage is set to Limited Damage

Once race results are confirmed Championship tables and results will be updated by the Chief Marshal

Round 1 & 2 saw the PLOW Team take the top steps in the first two races, who will be quickest at sebring? I am sure the track guide maybe useful -

Turn 1
High Speed Left Hander, very wide concrete, uneven and bumpy. Look for asphalt strip in braking / turn-in zone for a good reference point. Sometimes the apex has a traffic cone on the top fence pole. Be careful of unsettling bump at pavement transition from concrete to asphalt on approach to track out. One turn you do not want to early apex and run out of room.

Swing wide as you approach under the bridge to use all of the track at turn in. Head towards the wall - the apex is just out of view, come very close to the wall. As you pass the wall unwind and track out. Look for tower as a visual reference that will take you to the exit curbing, as it will be hidden when you are at the apex.

Fast and bumpy. Great place to pass, as the cars will be behind you through turns 2, 3, and 4.

Turn 2
Used as a set-up for braking into Turn 3. Turn in early and line up with the short shute to the T3 turn-in point. Watch the bump.

Turn 3
heavy breaking zone, left 90, FIA curbing on apex, sets up for T4.

Hard braking precedes a late turn-in. Stay late and as tight as possible for a wide, late entrance into T3. Braking is key.

Turn 4
late turn in, late apex, slow hands.. watch out cars going off and hooking back. Stay very wide for the entrance into T5. This sets up Turn 5 which leads onto the long Turn 6. Carrying lots of speed out of T5 is very important. Staying wide and delaying the entrance to T5 is key.

Turn 5
Enter as late as possible, get on the throttle as early as possible and carry as much speed as you can onto the long Turn 6. Watch for kicked up dirt at the apex and track-out points. must turn in late, momentum cars need not brake but can just lift to transfer weight forward (ie 944) higher hp cars (twin turbos) need a touch of the brake deep in turn five.

Turn 6
concrete surface, can be taken flat out except by very high powered cars. Curbing at track out is flat and usable. Sets up back straight.

Initially hug the right side of track as you approach first walk over bridge. Car will roll out and track to the right side toward middle of 6. Stay left most cars can wait to brake until under the second bridge before the brake zone for the turn 7 hairpin. The Chateau Elan will be on your left and your family will probably be watching you from the pool!!

Turn 7
The hairpin, aka safetypin, they moved the turn up about 100 yds, and added a wiggle, HEAVY BRAKING. There is a surface change from asphalt to concrete just before the turn in. FIA curbing at apex and track out is flat, and usable. Don't be afraid to put 2 wheels in the dirt on the exit. Late apex going in to 7 will set up earlier acceleration through 8 and 9 (Fangio Chicane). Remember here that if you run out of brakes, you can continue straight as there is a good run off section of track past the apex of the hairpin

Turn 10
This is a full 90 degree right hander. Most people take a late apex to exit mid-track.

Drivers of low powered cars should use the full track at exit, and not give up early for this turn as there is sufficient grip and room to take turn 11 at full throttle. Drivers of high powered cars should give up 10 to be able to accelerate sooner through 11 and 12. There is an escape after the braking zone into 10.

Turn 13
Concrete surface, minor compression at apex, off camber at track out, pretty fast.

Cutoff to turns 3/4 for the Club/Short course - a hard right hand turn before Bishop's Bend - will require a downshift.

Turn 14
Can be taken as a single arc with two apexes, the last just before the approach to 15. High powered cars will need to modulate throttle through the turn.

Turn 15 - 16
Fast, linked turns that set up the long back straight. Let car track out after 15 and steer wide left to open up approach to 16. Turn 16 is now infamous for eating cars that overdrive the turn, drop a couple of wheels off at track out and then hook into the inside wall.

Turn 17
This is a very wide turn with several effective lines. Can be taken as a single late apex or double-apex turn. Very bumpy throughout the turn, especially so approaching and under the bridge. Sets up pit straight. One DE line to consider is staying wide and as you turn in put your right wheels on the white line which will then be crossed by a black line and that is the turn in to aim at the apex cone on the front straight. The "racing line" is more aiming at the wall to your right at the turn in to protect your line from being passed. Brake hard as you pass the end of the wall, and turn in. Keep turning. Track out to the wall at the left as you come on to the front straight.

The turn seems to go on forever. Don't track out too soon!

Discuss below -
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

TORA GT Round 3 & 4 - Sebring Empty Re: TORA GT Round 3 & 4 - Sebring

Post by ATR DAN Wed 22 Jun 2011 - 11:09

IN! But I can't wait to get this circuit out the way. Its my bogey track if thats the appropriate way to put it.
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

TORA Race Number : 7
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4872
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR DarthMario Wed 22 Jun 2011 - 14:35

I'm in. hope to get a proper spyker tune settled by sunday.
LMR DarthMario
LMR DarthMario

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 8184
Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnyboy360 Wed 22 Jun 2011 - 16:05

Grrr... Why is this championship done parallel to F1?

johnnyboy360

Number of posts : 1287
Registration date : 2010-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Wed 22 Jun 2011 - 19:51

johnnyboy360 wrote:Grrr... Why is this championship done parallel to F1?

eh?
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

TORA Race Number : 12
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 5771
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by VVV GunDaM Wed 22 Jun 2011 - 21:35

gen3ral ts0 wrote:
johnnyboy360 wrote:Grrr... Why is this championship done parallel to F1?

eh?
Think he was meant to say it clashes with one of his events.
VVV GunDaM
VVV GunDaM

Playstation 4 PC

Number of posts : 1086
Registration date : 2011-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Wed 22 Jun 2011 - 21:48

Yea sorry Johnny, most of the calander was taken and to fit in a bigger calander for the GTS we had to run it @ the same time.

Could decide to drop a f1 round?
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Handbag Wed 22 Jun 2011 - 22:53

soz but i was looking at the vid wow his shifting is AMAZING!
Captain Handbag
Captain Handbag

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Thu 23 Jun 2011 - 10:02

Live Timing is now up. Please make sure that if you're not on my (WWR Aero) friends list, that you are on one of the other lobby hosts' so that we can get the lobbies set up nice and easily. I've now run out of room on mine so please send requests to one of the others.
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

TORA Race Number : 80
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6084
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.chrissiddallmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Bullet Thu 23 Jun 2011 - 17:16

In
F4H Bullet
F4H Bullet

TORA Race Number : 15
Number of posts : 871
Registration date : 2011-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Senna Thu 23 Jun 2011 - 21:02

In
CQR Senna
CQR Senna

Number of posts : 513
Registration date : 2010-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by H R FLOCK Sun 26 Jun 2011 - 17:28

Can't make this today, two family outings this afternoon Sad
H R FLOCK
H R FLOCK

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2011-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by VVV Grimm Sun 26 Jun 2011 - 18:19

IN!!!!
VVV Grimm
VVV Grimm

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2011-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by VVV GunDaM Sun 26 Jun 2011 - 18:24

Im in.
DAN 2605 wrote:IN! But I can't wait to get this circuit out the way. Its my bogey track if thats the appropriate way to put it.
Youre not the only one who cant wait to get this one out of the way.

Last edited by Vengeance is Rippin on Sun 26 Jun 2011 - 19:02; edited 1 time in total
VVV GunDaM
VVV GunDaM

Playstation 4 PC

Number of posts : 1086
Registration date : 2011-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Handbag Sun 26 Jun 2011 - 18:58

Sorry I wont be racing tonight too tired to race because of watching nurburgring 24 . . . .
Captain Handbag
Captain Handbag

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Sun 26 Jun 2011 - 21:16

Wow great 1st race Lobby B replay on storefront after race Smile
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by ATR DAN Sun 26 Jun 2011 - 21:55

I would like to say I enjoyed the race but I didn't. Crying or Very sad
Incidents in both races cost me dearly. Some was my fault, I'm adult enough now to admit that. But it was really the power outputs from some of these other cars were an absolute joke (the BMW especially). My thoughts have been justified as to getting this blooming track out the way.
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

TORA Race Number : 7
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4872
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H FACEPALMER Sun 26 Jun 2011 - 22:03

Next race is Laguna Seca so then your Corvette's handling will be the issue. I heard people in our lobby saying they had well under 500 when the limit is 550. Try a few different builds, this was Sebring after all, maybe taking away a bit of the tire width to add a few more HP would have benefited.

Edit: I hear some people missed their pit stalls this week, lol.

Last edited by AAR FACEPALMER on Sun 26 Jun 2011 - 22:25; edited 2 times in total
F4H FACEPALMER
F4H FACEPALMER

TORA Race Number : 17
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2011-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR DarthMario Sun 26 Jun 2011 - 22:10

next week is the 2,4hr. Wink the week after is Laguna. Shame i wont be near my xbox that weekend, as im sure the Spyker would be a good choice in terms of grip.

Race 1 for me was pretty decent. though i kept making tiny mistakes which kept me from improving and finished 4th.

Race 2, i made a error in judgement. i had caught Ian heading towards turn 17, and instead of backing off to follow him through the final corner, i try to squeeze my lil Spyker down low, and missed my braking point, and pancake'd my car against the outside tire barrier. though i was kinda surprised with the amount of aero-damage i accrued (83% front, 60+% sides), i still managed a few mid-high 2:07's
LMR DarthMario
LMR DarthMario

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 8184
Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H FACEPALMER Sun 26 Jun 2011 - 22:20

I managed to get through the extremely tense first lap of race 2 unscathed and then about halfway through the race I hit a curb and turned the car around, very stupid mistake.
F4H FACEPALMER
F4H FACEPALMER

TORA Race Number : 17
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2011-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Exiled666 Sun 26 Jun 2011 - 22:34

Well the rock star energy Chevy was fast and handled great, we didn't qualify well so ended up in lobby3. I gave it all i had in both races finishing 2nd in first round. Round 2 was great racing by everyone even though i was involved in a racing incident and was spun around. The corvette handled ok with all yellow arrow and i was happy to pull of a victory after all that.
Exiled666
Exiled666

TORA Race Number : 414
Xbox 360 Xbox 360

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2011-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by narboza22 Sun 26 Jun 2011 - 23:29

You know what's awesome? When your power goes out and you can't watch the end of the N24, the second half of the Euro GP, and miss the TORA GT race. Thanks PG&E, you picked a great time to be bad at your job.
narboza22
narboza22

Number of posts : 824
Registration date : 2011-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Radiation Louis Sun 26 Jun 2011 - 23:56

....... S*^T I MISSED THIS!!!!
Radiation Louis
Radiation Louis

TORA Race Number : 61
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 5111
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by EZT PDILLY77 Mon 27 Jun 2011 - 1:56

someone needs to review lobby 2 race 2. Are we aloud to blow past our pit stalls now and not repit b/c we missed our pit the first time?
EZT PDILLY77
EZT PDILLY77

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2010-04-14

http://www.eztmotorsport.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by MOPAR001 Mon 27 Jun 2011 - 3:41

DAN 2605 wrote:I would like to say I enjoyed the race but I didn't. Crying or Very sad
Incidents in both races cost me dearly. Some was my fault, I'm adult enough now to admit that. But it was really the power outputs from some of these other cars were an absolute joke (the BMW especially). My thoughts have been justified as to getting this blooming track out the way.

Here's the power outputs from all the cars in Lobby 1;
Aston - 548
Porsche - 542
Porsche - 540
BMW - 517
BMW- 517
370Z - 516
Ferrari - 500

So I think you might need to point your finger elsewhere first.

Also anybody got replay from lobby 1, race 2? Mine seems to be a bit glitchy for the start of the race.

MOPAR001

Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2011-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next