TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TORA GT Round 3 & 4 - Sebring - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TORA GT Round 3 & 4 - Sebring - Page 3 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TORA GT Round 3 & 4 - Sebring - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA GT Round 3 & 4 - Sebring - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA GT Round 3 & 4 - Sebring - Page 3 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA GT Round 3 & 4 - Sebring - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA GT Round 3 & 4 - Sebring - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA GT Round 3 & 4 - Sebring - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA GT Round 3 & 4 - Sebring - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA GT Round 3 & 4 - Sebring

+25
Ax4x Insanity
Richy59
CQR Champion
ShiftyAftermaff
Ianmr
F4H Carrera
EZT Ramoza
MOPAR001
EZT PDILLY77
Radiation Louis
narboza22
Exiled666
F4H FACEPALMER
VVV Grimm
H R FLOCK
CQR Senna
F4H Bullet
CQR Aero
Captain Handbag
VVV GunDaM
HCR generaltso
johnnyboy360
LMR DarthMario
ATR DAN
CQR Rogue
29 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

TORA GT Round 3 & 4 - Sebring - Page 3 Empty Re: TORA GT Round 3 & 4 - Sebring

Post by EZT PDILLY77 Tue 28 Jun 2011 - 21:02

well if it would have happen to me i would re-entered the pits like he should have! For example in NASCAR if you are caught speeding going into pit lane you have to come back in and do a drive through.
EZT PDILLY77
EZT PDILLY77

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2010-04-14

http://www.eztmotorsport.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Ianmr Tue 28 Jun 2011 - 22:05

EZT PDILLY77 wrote:well if it would have happen to me i would re-entered the pits like he should have! For example in NASCAR if you are caught speeding going into pit lane you have to come back in and do a drive through.

Where in the rules does it say I have to take fuel and tyres?

And as I pointed out before I entered the pit lane slower than other people in our lobby......
Ianmr
Ianmr

TORA Race Number : 13
Number of posts : 2326
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Tue 28 Jun 2011 - 22:55

Ianmr wrote:
EZT PDILLY77 wrote:well if it would have happen to me i would re-entered the pits like he should have! For example in NASCAR if you are caught speeding going into pit lane you have to come back in and do a drive through.

Where in the rules does it say I have to take fuel and tyres?

And as I pointed out before I entered the pit lane slower than other people in our lobby......

This is what in legal terms is called "using the letter of the law to defeat the spirit of the law".

The stewards will look at the incidents (this did not only affect Ian) and decide on whether any action needs to be taken.

As to the comment about confusion over which lap you can pit on; one of the requirements of registration for a series is that you read the rules and regulations. These clearly state that the pits are open from the second racing lap until the penultimate lap. i.e. you can't pit at the end of the first lap, or complete the race in the pits.
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

TORA Race Number : 80
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6084
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.chrissiddallmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR The Butcher Tue 28 Jun 2011 - 22:59

I dont generally grt involved in these sortnof chats these days but thought id share what happened to me.

I had an instance in a tora race around Sebring a couple of years ago in the GTs. I entered the pit and it chucked me straight out for no readon other than it being a glitch. My tyres were knackered so I had to pit the following lap. Now bear in mind I was challenging for the lead in this round, I was gutted it happened but I did not expect everyone else who was racing to be penalized by having time added to their end time. I took it on the chin and put it down to one of those things I had no control over.

(Ian, duncan - I believe you were in my lobby for that particular race)

At the end of the day it's a game. And as such are limited to the constraints of the game. I dare say this eventuality was not predicted therefore its seems a bit harsh to call people cheaters. Ian I can assure you isn't! He has been a pillar of the tora community long before the vast majority of members here today so I think you should get off his case really.
CQR The Butcher
CQR The Butcher

Number of posts : 933
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H FACEPALMER Tue 28 Jun 2011 - 23:11

You are only proving the point I wanted to make even more so I now feel inclined to do so. Nobody who blew through their pit stalls even mentioned this to anybody until replays were watched, meaning that they took the advantage of the game's mistake without even telling anybody else for future reference, all this does is allow it to continue happening in the future. Whether the people who did this are normally cheaters or not they still tried to secretly use the games flaws to their advantage, whether they intended to do so in the first place or not, they still did in the end by failing to point it out, if it's not a big deal then why not tell people about it so we can fix it for the future? The answer is quite obvious, they got an unfair advantage and didn't want to give it up. Butcher, you did the right thing in your race by being honest, while these people did not.
F4H FACEPALMER
F4H FACEPALMER

TORA Race Number : 17
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2011-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Tue 28 Jun 2011 - 23:21

I was in the same room as Ian was and we were racing at the same time, on different screens. I know for a fact that he was discussing what had happened with his lobby and the discussion was happening whilst the race was drawing to a close. So you are wrong that this was kept quiet until the replays were watched. In fact it was Ian who brought it all up to the Staff at the end of the race and asked them to look at it, before the forums got wind of it. We thought at the time it was only him but it turns out there were more people effect than just him.

This is being looked at. I do not appreciate people calling long standing members of this community cheaters. No one in TORA cheats. We have prided ourselves in having a clean racign environment. This place would not operate if we could not have trust in our members to follow the rules.

I don't want to hear anymore about this until we have made a decision.

Last edited by Richy on Tue 28 Jun 2011 - 23:24; edited 2 times in total
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR The Butcher Tue 28 Jun 2011 - 23:24

I think it's a case you are dammed if you do and dammed if you don't. If everyone who it happened to had to pit again then the rest of the field are getting an advantage. I think its a case of going forward, if you don't stop entirely, then you need to pit again. As no prior instructions were issued before the race itself, it can only be put down as a 'learn' for everyone to take on board.
Whether it was declared on the night or not is down to the individual. Technically they entered the pits in the required pit window. Either way someone is never going to be happy in this circumstance.

I just think we should draw a line under it and move on to concentrating on the next round.

CQR The Butcher
CQR The Butcher

Number of posts : 933
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H FACEPALMER Tue 28 Jun 2011 - 23:24

Well I'm sorry but the way everybody is talking about it seems like it was this huge conspiracy, there still were people who did it and failed to say anything, I'm not singling anybody out as I like everybody here and don't think they are cheaters.

For fucks sake this is why I didn't want to say anything, like Butcher I am more concerned about the future than the past, I just don't think it should be ignored and forgotten about.

Last edited by AAR FACEPALMER on Tue 28 Jun 2011 - 23:27; edited 1 time in total
F4H FACEPALMER
F4H FACEPALMER

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Tue 28 Jun 2011 - 23:25

WWR Aero (Chris) was effected by being delayed in the pits for no reason in the previous round. He lost places because of this. Therefore everyone he was racing got an unfair advantage over him. He didn't make a song and dance about it and didn't make everyone else get penalised because of a flaw that prevented him from racing fairly.
Richy59
Richy59

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by ShiftyAftermaff Tue 28 Jun 2011 - 23:25

I believe the person who is mainly being accused of cheating is yours truly. I didn't even know of this glitch until it had been posted here, so I was definately out to cheat my way to victory. Rolling Eyes
ShiftyAftermaff
ShiftyAftermaff

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2011-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H FACEPALMER Tue 28 Jun 2011 - 23:30

Everybody who is telling stories about being screwed in the pits is being completely irrational, it doesn't work that way at all, just because you can get screwed doesn't mean you can screw everybody else. I thought we were all racing fans here, this is getting ridiculous. Have you ever watched a race where a pit crew has a horrendous pit stop then a few laps later another guy gets caught speeding (by mistake) and they say "well that's alright the other guy got screwed so it balances out" so they let him go? I don't think so.

I'll put it even simpler for you, when one person get's screwed they deal with it, but when the entire field gets screwed it's looked at and evaluated so it doesn't happen again, which is what we are doing.

Last edited by AAR FACEPALMER on Tue 28 Jun 2011 - 23:41; edited 2 times in total
F4H FACEPALMER
F4H FACEPALMER

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Tue 28 Jun 2011 - 23:40

All I was saying was that the game was flawed, as proven in different ways throughout the season. I wasn't comparing anything to real life racing. This is a game afterall.

Like I said, we are looking into it.
Richy59
Richy59

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by ShiftyAftermaff Tue 28 Jun 2011 - 23:43

What does the length of time I have been playing Forza have to do with anything? I have never actually done a race on Forza that involved pitting. I pitted in the first race grabbed a drink of juice wiped the sweat off my face and hands and got back to it. I did the same in the sencond race. I am not arguing that it's not fair etc as I don't believe it is fair, I will accept what descision is made about it and move on. Why? because I'm not a child.
ShiftyAftermaff
ShiftyAftermaff

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H FACEPALMER Tue 28 Jun 2011 - 23:46

Let me be clear that I am in no way pushing for penalties I am just getting frustrated by the way everybody is justifying what happened, it's silly. I only think we should look at it so it isn't a problem in the future, just stop acting like it's something new and you had no idea.

Like I said it depends on your starting position, it's been proven. The people who blew through had the stalls closer to the entrance, it's that simple, not their fault, and it only matters on a few tracks with a short entrance like this so I really don't think it's a huge deal, just something that might need a bit more regulation in the future.

Last edited by AAR FACEPALMER on Tue 28 Jun 2011 - 23:49; edited 1 time in total
F4H FACEPALMER
F4H FACEPALMER

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Bullet Tue 28 Jun 2011 - 23:47

Just to share a little story about FM3's pit stops. I was racing against F4H Koniegsegg in the ALMS series season 2 and at Le Mans we entered the pits nose-tail nothing between us. Upon leaving the pits I was about 2 seconds ahead. My "pit crew" were "faster". This game is unpredicatable sometimes. Reagarding the whole skipping pit lane, pretty sure they didn't do it on purpose. Can't really control what the AI do sometimes. Its unfortunate, but no real fair solution for everyone as it still takes time to go down the pitlane regardless of whether your car pits or not.
F4H Bullet
F4H Bullet

TORA Race Number : 15
Number of posts : 871
Registration date : 2011-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H FACEPALMER Tue 28 Jun 2011 - 23:52

Well I've said a bunch of times that it depends on your grid position so all you would need to do is pay attention to that and slow down accordingly.
F4H FACEPALMER
F4H FACEPALMER

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by ShiftyAftermaff Tue 28 Jun 2011 - 23:53

AAR FACEPALMER wrote:Well alright then.

Let me be clear that I am in no way pushing for penalties I am just getting frustrated by the way everybody is justifying what happened, it's silly. I only think we should look at it so it isn't a problem in the future, just stop acting like it's something new and you had no idea. I've seen people blow through their stalls thousands of times in races and practicing, we should have this figured out by now, and like I said it depends on your starting position, it's been proven. The people who blew through had the stalls closer to the entrance, it's that simple, not their fault, and it only matters on a few tracks with a short entrance like this so I really don't think it's a huge deal, just something that might need a bit more regulation in the future.

I honestly did not know. I can understand you not believing me, you have no reason to. Trust no-one, suspect everyone etc.
ShiftyAftermaff
ShiftyAftermaff

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H FACEPALMER Tue 28 Jun 2011 - 23:56

I believe you, stop thinking everything I say is directly pointed at you, I'm speaking in general since everybody else seems to be treating it as a random glitch that you can't do anything about when there is a clear reason behind it which I have stated numerous times.

Last edited by AAR FACEPALMER on Tue 28 Jun 2011 - 23:59; edited 1 time in total
F4H FACEPALMER
F4H FACEPALMER

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by ShiftyAftermaff Tue 28 Jun 2011 - 23:58

Was that aimed at me? Laughing

*I'm here all weekend, try the lobster.*
ShiftyAftermaff
ShiftyAftermaff

Back to top Go down

Post by culchi Wed 29 Jun 2011 - 0:00

Stewards investigating now, all videos will be checked and a suitable penalty will be applied to any guilty parties, rules in all series with mandatory pits will be updated in the near future. No more arguing about this until investigation is completed. Anyone who continues will be given a 5 place grid drop for each post made

culchi

Number of posts : 1623
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H FACEPALMER Wed 29 Jun 2011 - 0:00

Do you have any relation to shiftymuslim?
F4H FACEPALMER
F4H FACEPALMER

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Cool Wed 29 Jun 2011 - 1:07

Oh the drama! You gotta love it. See this is what will be more people in. In todays times is all about reality and freakin drama. If you make it they will come.

P.s. please excuse me for posting here, but noone hardly talks on the shift 2 forum. I won't again if asked
Joe Cool
Joe Cool

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2011-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Cool Wed 29 Jun 2011 - 1:10

This is what will bring more in. I mean to say sry mates Embarassed
Joe Cool
Joe Cool

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2011-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Wed 29 Jun 2011 - 5:48

can we just run the event over again? Laughing
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

TORA Race Number : 12
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 5771
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Wed 29 Jun 2011 - 11:38

Can somebody from lobbies A & D please send me their replays?
Richy59
Richy59

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down