TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TORA GT Round 3 & 4 - Sebring - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TORA GT Round 3 & 4 - Sebring - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TORA GT Round 3 & 4 - Sebring - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA GT Round 3 & 4 - Sebring - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA GT Round 3 & 4 - Sebring - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA GT Round 3 & 4 - Sebring - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA GT Round 3 & 4 - Sebring - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA GT Round 3 & 4 - Sebring - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA GT Round 3 & 4 - Sebring - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA GT Round 3 & 4 - Sebring

+25
Ax4x Insanity
Richy59
CQR Champion
ShiftyAftermaff
Ianmr
F4H Carrera
EZT Ramoza
MOPAR001
EZT PDILLY77
Radiation Louis
narboza22
Exiled666
F4H FACEPALMER
VVV Grimm
H R FLOCK
CQR Senna
F4H Bullet
CQR Aero
Captain Handbag
VVV GunDaM
HCR generaltso
johnnyboy360
LMR DarthMario
ATR DAN
CQR Rogue
29 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

TORA GT Round 3 & 4 - Sebring - Page 2 Empty Re: TORA GT Round 3 & 4 - Sebring

Post by EZT PDILLY77 Mon 27 Jun 2011 - 4:12

AAR MOPAR001 wrote:
DAN 2605 wrote:I would like to say I enjoyed the race but I didn't. Crying or Very sad
Incidents in both races cost me dearly. Some was my fault, I'm adult enough now to admit that. But it was really the power outputs from some of these other cars were an absolute joke (the BMW especially). My thoughts have been justified as to getting this blooming track out the way.

Here's the power outputs from all the cars in Lobby 1;
Aston - 548
Porsche - 542
Porsche - 540
BMW - 517
BMW- 517
370Z - 516
Ferrari - 500

So I think you might need to point your finger elsewhere first.

Also anybody got replay from lobby 1, race 2? Mine seems to be a bit glitchy for the start of the race.
Dan we also used a stock suspension and gear box and the thinnest tires on the aston. Think outside the []!
EZT PDILLY77
EZT PDILLY77

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2010-04-14

http://www.eztmotorsport.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Mon 27 Jun 2011 - 4:52

TORA GT Round 3 & 4 - Sebring - Page 2 Tacos
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

TORA Race Number : 12
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 5771
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by EZT Ramoza Mon 27 Jun 2011 - 5:00

some photos of the race? Smile
EZT Ramoza
EZT Ramoza

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2011-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Mon 27 Jun 2011 - 8:44

It seems a few people missed the "stop" part of their pit stops. I checked on the replay last night and a standard FM3 stop time is 5 secs, so I will take a look at the drivers whose cars did not stop in the pits and see how +5 secs to their finish times would have affected their positions.

To those that this happened to - I know it wasn't your fault, but you did benefit from it. If it was one person I might say it was your lucky day, but as it was several people, I think it needs looking at.

Though I will say this - I'm not the Head Steward, so the final decision lies with Shane who is. This is just a look at how it would affect things if it was enforced.

On a side note, this worked the other way for me at Catalunya - 2 cars inexplicably passed me in the pits (on the way to the box).
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

TORA Race Number : 80
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6084
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.chrissiddallmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Mon 27 Jun 2011 - 9:29

Guys I think it could be down to the entry speed into the pits??

I will give it a test later in the week entering the pits a full speed, half speed, slowing down etc

But it was great racing in Lobby B Smile Smile

Replays are on my storefront Smile
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by narboza22 Mon 27 Jun 2011 - 9:30

Wait, what's going on with the pitstops?
narboza22
narboza22

Number of posts : 824
Registration date : 2011-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Mon 27 Jun 2011 - 9:35

@ Narbozza some odd reason when some drivers made there mandotory pitstops the cars either drove straight through the pits or stoped but they didnt change tyres or fuel odd bug.
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnyboy360 Mon 27 Jun 2011 - 9:42

Duncan wrote:Yea sorry Johnny, most of the calander was taken and to fit in a bigger calander for the GTS we had to run it @ the same time.

Could decide to drop a f1 round?

Thinking about it. Depending on how I feel around Silverstone, the first part of the track I hate so I might drop it for a week. So is there no races at all that are not paralell to F1?

EDIT: Just looked through this calendar and F1 calendar and there is 3 races: Mugello, Road Atlanta and Motegi. So expect me there for them!!

Last edited by johnnyboy360 on Mon 27 Jun 2011 - 9:46; edited 1 time in total

johnnyboy360

Number of posts : 1287
Registration date : 2010-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Carrera Mon 27 Jun 2011 - 9:43

Yup probably entry speeds.

I had a great race with TheButcher in the first race, think we we nose to tail for about 10 laps! I had a different pitlane drama though, we both pitted at the same time and both took our stops, however my car drove slightly faster down the pitlane after the stop and I came out ahead! Balanced out though as I was bad on cold tires and he got ahead again!
F4H Carrera
F4H Carrera

TORA Race Number : 60
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 844
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Mon 27 Jun 2011 - 10:15

EZT Ash wrote:...we both pitted at the same time and both took our stops, however my car drove slightly faster down the pitlane after the stop and I came out ahead!

That's what happened to me in Round 1, but I got overtaken by 2 cars - was not amused!!
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

TORA Race Number : 80
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6084
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.chrissiddallmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ianmr Mon 27 Jun 2011 - 10:21

Races can be won or lost in the pits, as Chris said works both ways.

But it pays to have the fastest pit crew in the pit line Very Happy Razz
Ianmr
Ianmr

TORA Race Number : 13
Number of posts : 2326
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by ShiftyAftermaff Mon 27 Jun 2011 - 15:49

Chris wrote:It seems a few people missed the "stop" part of their pit stops. I checked on the replay last night and a standard FM3 stop time is 5 secs, so I will take a look at the drivers whose cars did not stop in the pits and see how +5 secs to their finish times would have affected their positions.

To those that this happened to - I know it wasn't your fault, but you did benefit from it. If it was one person I might say it was your lucky day, but as it was several people, I think it needs looking at.

Though I will say this - I'm not the Head Steward, so the final decision lies with Shane who is. This is just a look at how it would affect things if it was enforced.

On a side note, this worked the other way for me at Catalunya - 2 cars inexplicably passed me in the pits (on the way to the box).

I have a sneaking suspicion this happened to me, I wasn't paying much attention as I was grabbing a drink and wiping the sweat off my face but I was struggling for traction at the end of the race, would explain alot.
ShiftyAftermaff
ShiftyAftermaff

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2011-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post by EZT PDILLY77 Mon 27 Jun 2011 - 17:06

Ianmr wrote:Races can be won or lost in the pits, as Chris said works both ways.

Its more of a matter you missed your pit. What would you do in an ISCC situation? you would come back in the pits would you not?
EZT PDILLY77
EZT PDILLY77

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Champion Mon 27 Jun 2011 - 17:36

All I am going to say is that it is out of the drivers hands once they enter the pits. It is a system fault in my opinion and nno one should be given penalties.

Even if they did go straight though they then would of had to finish the race on rubbish rubber so the time they gained would of back fired.
CQR Champion
CQR Champion

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://www.ashleysuttonracing.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H FACEPALMER Mon 27 Jun 2011 - 18:51

Your pit stall depends on your starting position and if everybody drove into the pits at top speed only certain people would be able to blow through so it is not fair at all no matter which way you try to skew it to say that it is. Track position is more important than the temperature on your tires. We can argue about what if's all day but the only FACT that remains is that people gained on pit road by blowing through their stalls.

Ianmr wrote:Races can be won or lost in the pits, as Chris said works both ways.

Coming from somebody who drove straight through. Razz
F4H FACEPALMER
F4H FACEPALMER

TORA Race Number : 17
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2011-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Mon 27 Jun 2011 - 19:47

He didn't drive straight through...he stopped for a second Wink
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MOPAR001 Mon 27 Jun 2011 - 22:37

PLOW Champion wrote:All I am going to say is that it is out of the drivers hands once they enter the pits. It is a system fault in my opinion and nno one should be given penalties.

Even if they did go straight though they then would of had to finish the race on rubbish rubber so the time they gained would of back fired.

I'll agree with you that the pitting system in Forza is definitely flawed. Like what Facepalmer said, your starting grid position determines your pit stall, so if your first then your most likely gonna have the first pit stall as well. Now with certain tracks that have the pit entrance very close to the pit stalls (exp: Sebring & Maple Valley) you can just go into them at full throttle and if your pit stall is one of the first ones you simply go by it. You can't expect to go from 100+mph to around 50 in a split second. So it really falls onto the driver to know that and maybe brake a little before entering the pits. I know I had the first pit stall in the first race and I made the first stall because I braked before entering the pits.

Also with only a 13 lap race I highly doubt you would have any significant drop in your times due 13 laps of tire wear. You also have to take into account that if they had those extra 5-7 seconds in the pits, would they have come out behind someone, and what about having cold tires for a lap after coming out of the pits? I think cold tires would have a more significant effect on times then having some slightly, but warm, worn tires.

The fact is, whether they meant to do it or not, they got an unfair advantage over the rest of the field that followed the rules correctly.

Sorry for the wall of text.

MOPAR001

Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2011-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Ianmr Tue 28 Jun 2011 - 2:22

AAR FACEPALMER wrote:

Ha Ha I was just trying to make a light joke on the matter.

I have reviewed my replay and I can 100% say I had no intent of "blowing my pit stall", I actually entered the pit lane slower then some other drivers.

As far as I see it, I fallowed the rules and made one pit stop, where my car did stop for a brief second. There is nothing in the rules that states I have to take on new tyres and fuel.

I think this is something that will need to be looked at for future events around the pits rule wording but in MY view I didn't break the rules, I entered the pit lane at around the same speed as everyone else in my lobby but due to the games flaw my car stopped but failed to take on fuel and tyres. Over all I will have no hand in making the decision around what will happen but this is MY view.
Ianmr
Ianmr

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H FACEPALMER Tue 28 Jun 2011 - 3:51

I spun my car completely around so I have no room to say anything anyways. Razz
F4H FACEPALMER
F4H FACEPALMER

TORA Race Number : 17
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2011-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Tue 28 Jun 2011 - 4:42

it'll have to be looked at, until forza 4 comes out.
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

TORA Race Number : 12
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 5771
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Insanity Tue 28 Jun 2011 - 4:43

Although I am happy something was done about the pit road incident I still disagree with the penalty. When a driver makes an error and misses his pit box in real life that driver would then have to pit a second time to take the desired fuel and tires. Also the whole race complexion would change if the pitstops were done correctly. For example when I realized I was not going to catch the drivers ahead of me in the second race I backed off to minimize mistakes now if all the pitstops were done correctly I would have been right behind ianmr, as I was 50 feet behind him when he pitted, and would have ran harder. I feel more should be done but that is my opinion. Also this is two straight weeks of pit road confusion in my lobby. Last week we were told to pit between lap 3 and 6 in race 1 and in the second race I guess you could pick any lap to pit. Everyone but 1 racer pitted between laps 3 and 6 in that race if memory serves. A little more attention to detail in general I guess is required.

Ax4x Insanity

TORA Race Number : 540
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2011-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Insanity Tue 28 Jun 2011 - 4:48

Ianmr wrote:
AAR FACEPALMER wrote:

Ha Ha I was just trying to make a light joke on the matter.

I have reviewed my replay and I can 100% say I had no intent of "blowing my pit stall", I actually entered the pit lane slower then some other drivers.

As far as I see it, I fallowed the rules and made one pit stop, where my car did stop for a brief second. There is nothing in the rules that states I have to take on new tyres and fuel.

I think this is something that will need to be looked at for future events around the pits rule wording but in MY view I didn't break the rules, I entered the pit lane at around the same speed as everyone else in my lobby but due to the games flaw my car stopped but failed to take on fuel and tyres. Over all I will have no hand in making the decision around what will happen but this is MY view.

So I guess you believe you can cheat to get your 1000+ ft advantage. Everyone else takes tires and fuel and with the game setup that is the required pitstop. Not taking tires and fuel you may as well stayed on the track in my book because a pitstop that does not make.

Ax4x Insanity

TORA Race Number : 540
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2011-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by EZT PDILLY77 Tue 28 Jun 2011 - 4:57

whatever the end result is i want my second race win!
EZT PDILLY77
EZT PDILLY77

Back to top Go down

Post by Ianmr Tue 28 Jun 2011 - 17:16

AAR Insanity wrote:
So I guess you believe you can cheat to get your 1000+ ft advantage. Everyone else takes tires and fuel and with the game setup that is the required pitstop. Not taking tires and fuel you may as well stayed on the track in my book because a pitstop that does not make.

I would like to note Insanity I HAVE NOT cheated (and I take great offence that that statement), I have however gained a small advantage due to a flaw in the game which I never set out to do. I think you will find over my very very long history here I am no means a cheater as you stated.

Cheating would be running a car that is not within the build rules, which I know there was someone in B lobby that did....

Via the wordings in the rules I did complete a "pit stop", I entered the pits, stopped then left, and I think you will also find I entered pit lane at 109 MPH, where as you entered at 111 MPH.......

As I have stated before I am not making the decision on if a penalty will be given or not, that is in the hands of the TORA race stewards and I trust them to come to the correct decision.
Ianmr
Ianmr

Back to top Go down

Post by Crisis Nine Tue 28 Jun 2011 - 20:57

People are going on like Ian chose to have this happen to him. Give the guy a break it's not his fault it happened.

Crisis Nine

TORA Race Number : 152
Number of posts : 2192
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next