TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Ruairidh takes the win, leading a VW 1-2 at Silverstone! EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Ruairidh takes the win, leading a VW 1-2 at Silverstone! EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Ruairidh takes the win, leading a VW 1-2 at Silverstone! EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Ruairidh takes the win, leading a VW 1-2 at Silverstone! EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Ruairidh takes the win, leading a VW 1-2 at Silverstone! EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Ruairidh takes the win, leading a VW 1-2 at Silverstone! EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Ruairidh takes the win, leading a VW 1-2 at Silverstone! EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Ruairidh takes the win, leading a VW 1-2 at Silverstone! EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Ruairidh takes the win, leading a VW 1-2 at Silverstone! EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Ruairidh takes the win, leading a VW 1-2 at Silverstone!

Go down

Ruairidh takes the win, leading a VW 1-2 at Silverstone! Empty Ruairidh takes the win, leading a VW 1-2 at Silverstone!

A fantastic performance in tonights TORA TCC meeting at the Silverstone National circuit has promoted us into first place in the teams standings ahead of M&M Racing, while ATR Honda drop back into GRP Motorsport's clutches.

Ruairidh was the fastest of the two VW Golf's in qualifying, out-qualifying teammate Nicky by thousandths of a second, locking out the Third row as an all-VW Third row.

Number One driver Nick Moore was absent, for personal reasons, so it was up to the two Glaswegians to take the fight to the awesome pace of Dan Austins, Owner/Driver of the leading ATR Honda Civic.

Race 1 saw Nicky make an outstanding getaway, and make the most of three safety car periods to take his third podium of the season. Ruairidh put on a strong drive to avoid the carnage in the midfield to finish where he started, fifth.

Race 2 was a little more controversial, Nicky was taken out of another potential podium finish by Chris Siddall's Storm Nissan on a restart, ending up 4th at the end, and Ruairidh dropped back to 6th.

Race 3 saw Ruairidh start on the front row in second place due to the reverse grid, with Nicky right behind on row 2 in fourth. Another great start by the VW's got them into a 1-2 position the entire race. A slight technical glitch with Nicky's ''instrumentation'' caused him to lose his dominant lead as he dropped back to third, fighting with Duncan Ray for second. Two tense Safety Car periods in the closing stages meant that the two VW's had to fend off the Motorbase Ford of Chad Wilson and the M&M Acura of Duncan Ray, but in the end, Ruairidh took his maiden TORA victory, and Nicky settled for his fourth podium of the season, with that win still eluding him.
nickyf1
nickyf1

TORA Race Number : 271
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 10770
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Ruairidh takes the win, leading a VW 1-2 at Silverstone! :: Comments

Ax4x Chaddy

Post Tue 30 Aug 2011 - 22:31 by Ax4x Chaddy

well done great result! Sorry about race 3 Embarassed

Back to top Go down

CQR Rogue

Post Tue 30 Aug 2011 - 22:34 by CQR Rogue

Congrats guys Smile

Back to top Go down

nickyf1

Post Tue 30 Aug 2011 - 22:38 by nickyf1

FranchittiFan wrote:well done great result! Sorry about race 3 Embarassed

No bother

Back to top Go down

Richy59

Post Tue 30 Aug 2011 - 22:38 by Richy59

Well done guys! We'll still get you by the end of the season Wink

Back to top Go down

nickyf1

Post Tue 30 Aug 2011 - 22:41 by nickyf1

If you do, there will be a lot of body work laid to waste after this season if Ian's driving is anything to go by! Razz

Back to top Go down

CQR Rogue

Post Tue 30 Aug 2011 - 22:41 by CQR Rogue

HAHA Ian and Dan = Matt Neil and Jason Plato hahahaha,

Back to top Go down

ckBrenneke

Post Tue 30 Aug 2011 - 22:48 by ckBrenneke

Duncan wrote:HAHA Ian and Dan = Matt Neil and Jason Plato hahahaha,

ROFL, how perfectly apt. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

CQR Rogue

Post Tue 30 Aug 2011 - 22:51 by CQR Rogue

hahahah Smile

Back to top Go down

ckBrenneke

Post Tue 30 Aug 2011 - 22:58 by ckBrenneke

Well, one of them IS very well known for doing a lot of moaning...

Back to top Go down

Ianmr

Post Tue 30 Aug 2011 - 23:08 by Ianmr

nickyf1 wrote:If you do, there will be a lot of body work laid to waste after this season if Ian's driving is anything to go by! Razz

I did nothing wrong affraid

Back to top Go down

nickyf1

Post Tue 30 Aug 2011 - 23:12 by nickyf1

I'm not saying you did anything wrong! I'm quite happy to rub fenders with you!

Back to top Go down

Ianmr

Post Tue 30 Aug 2011 - 23:23 by Ianmr

Haha great racing though! Really good fun....so that one race win M&M and one for Megatech Hexis Razz

Back to top Go down

ATR DAN

Post Wed 31 Aug 2011 - 0:20 by ATR DAN

Many congrats on your first win. cheers
The way the races are panning out, I have a feeling it won't be your last. Switching to the Mk5 Golf was a good call on your part. How are you going to celebrate this achievement?

Back to top Go down

Slider S15

Post Wed 31 Aug 2011 - 0:30 by Slider S15

Congratulations on the first win!

I Remember mine. Its a special thing to win here at TORA. This really is the top flight of virtual motorsport!

Well Done! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Ax4x Chaddy

Post Wed 31 Aug 2011 - 8:33 by Ax4x Chaddy

to be honest Ian had cooked his brakes in race 3 just crazy lol how u managed to slow down without hitting anyone i do not know!

megateach on a roll? two lobby As in a row staying put this season?

Back to top Go down

nickyf1

Post Wed 31 Aug 2011 - 13:14 by nickyf1

Not a roll. We expect to be in A Lobby every race.

Back to top Go down

Ax4x Chaddy

Post Wed 31 Aug 2011 - 14:03 by Ax4x Chaddy

im just glad u didnt roll in those 3 races!

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down