TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TCC Meeting 3 Discussion Thread - Iberian - 13/09/11 - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TCC Meeting 3 Discussion Thread - Iberian - 13/09/11 - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TCC Meeting 3 Discussion Thread - Iberian - 13/09/11 - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TCC Meeting 3 Discussion Thread - Iberian - 13/09/11 - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TCC Meeting 3 Discussion Thread - Iberian - 13/09/11 - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TCC Meeting 3 Discussion Thread - Iberian - 13/09/11 - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TCC Meeting 3 Discussion Thread - Iberian - 13/09/11 - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TCC Meeting 3 Discussion Thread - Iberian - 13/09/11 - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TCC Meeting 3 Discussion Thread - Iberian - 13/09/11 - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TCC Meeting 3 Discussion Thread - Iberian - 13/09/11

+14
garyp3398
CQR Rogue
CQR Aero
Biggsy tv
JeffH16
Spartan LXVIII
Ax4x Kane
nickyf1
LMR DarthMario
johnnyboy360
lfcnicklfc
Ax4x Chaddy
ATR DAN
ckBrenneke
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

TCC Meeting 3 Discussion Thread - Iberian - 13/09/11 - Page 2 Empty Re: TCC Meeting 3 Discussion Thread - Iberian - 13/09/11

Post by ATR DAN Tue 13 Sep 2011 - 22:03

I've really enjoyed the racing tonight. It was a hell of a lot of fun. All credit to Nickyf1 for giving me a hard time in the latter stages of the second race, running really close to my bumper. Thats on a par with the Tascar event at Road America as to being the best racing I've witnessed all year. Told you guys I really enjoy the close racing, even though you probably wouldn't believe me. Razz Razz

Chaddy, how on earth I overtook you around the outside of that fast section, I don't know. I knew you was on the inside and tried to give you as much space as possible. Razz

Can I say about the Civic, I do understand why people are not happy about it. I've had a word with Scot and it's under review which is fine by me. I'd like to make the point though that my team mate in the same car is still 6 or 7 tenths slower than myself whilst we was praciticing together before qualifying. So it wouldn't be fair if the car was handicapped because it will slow GTR even more. If I have to take some kind of personal handicap to bring the racing closer, so be it. I'm willing to do that.
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

TORA Race Number : 7
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4872
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

TCC Meeting 3 Discussion Thread - Iberian - 13/09/11 - Page 2 Empty Re: TCC Meeting 3 Discussion Thread - Iberian - 13/09/11

Post by Ianmr Tue 13 Sep 2011 - 22:21

"Interesting event, managed to get a good re-start in race one and built a gap on the field in 2nd, but the tyres went off and I almost lost it in the last corner. Race 2 didn't go so well, struggling for overall pace and straight line speed saw me down the field in 8th. Race 3, starting from pole on the mixed grid saw a great start until I meet the Nissans in turn 1 and 2 which saw me on my side up against the wall. Great fight back to 4th almost clinching 3rd in the last corner. Gained 114 points moving me into 3rd in the points so I can't complain"

TCC Meeting 3 Discussion Thread - Iberian - 13/09/11 - Page 2 B4mUCeQ
TCC Meeting 3 Discussion Thread - Iberian - 13/09/11 - Page 2 C7LquN0
Ianmr
Ianmr

TORA Race Number : 13
Number of posts : 2326
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnyboy360 Tue 13 Sep 2011 - 22:48

What an epic race 3! Race 1 lagged out lap 10. Race 2, started 5th and ended up 6th. Race 3, well, where do I start? Started in 3rd. Had a great start and about lap 8(?) and I'm thinking hang on, why has everyone stopped? (I was taking to my mate in private chat) so I get about 3 messages saying stuff, I comes onto game chat and I have lapped everyone because I missed the safety car call!!! So everyone unlaps theirself, re started, another crash, then we got on to another restart, got away ok, then, safety car. Lap 14 we started for real and s*** got serious! Me and Duncan SOOOOO CLOSE, but I held him off. Lap 15, I was away from him a fair distance, last corner I got wide and we had a straight drag race to the end, and then... Johnnyboy3600 wins by 0.007 seconds!!! Fantastic racing! I FREAKING LOVE THIS SERIES!!!!

johnnyboy360

Number of posts : 1287
Registration date : 2010-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Tue 13 Sep 2011 - 23:06

TCC playing up to its usual concoction of close racing, big crashes and big controversy tonight. Once again, the team gets two drivers into Lobby A.

Race 1 was chaotic. Dan pulls away in the opening laps while everyone else trips over each other in a pitiful attempt to catch him. The first SC period was brought out thanks to a ''technical glitch'' with my wheel, which caused CK to smash into the back of me at very high speed, causing both of us to spin and make heavy contact with the pit wall. Pretty much every driver, bar Dan, had a shot at being in last place! I went from fourth on the grid, to second, to last, to seventh, back to last, up to third, back down to fifth, and eventually back into third...

Race 2 was a little calmer. I got a smashing start, but driving on the grass didn't really help, I eventually managed to pull out a lead after Dan suffered an off. In the closing stages, the fast charging Civic got ahead, and for the final three laps, I was right on his bumper, but couldn't find a way past. Second place it was.

Race 3, starting seventh, got a good jump on everyone. After turn 1, heading into the massive drop down the hill, Ian and Ruairidh were side by side. I decided to pass the pair on the left hand side, and was forced to skip across the gravel to complete the pass, to the surprise of Ian and Ruairidh, who then made contact, causing Ian to spear off into the concrete wall and roll over onto his roof... By the end of the second safety car period, around lap eight, I found myself behind CK, with Chad behind me. CK and I battled for the remainder of the race, and on lap 12, coming out of the final corner, I got along side CK. CK obviously didn't know I was there and moved across to the inside, as you do on that part of the track. However, I was already there and as a result, CK was spun around 180 degree. I got a win, but I would rather have won without CK being spun around... Oh well.

P3, P2, P1 - 144 points in the bag, and closing in on Dan for the title.
nickyf1
nickyf1

TORA Race Number : 271
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 10770
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by VVV GunDaM Tue 13 Sep 2011 - 23:16

I think thats the first time we've accidentaly killed Ben Edwards & Tim Harvey with an overdose of excitement. Ever!
VVV GunDaM
VVV GunDaM

Playstation 4 PC

Number of posts : 1086
Registration date : 2011-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by ckBrenneke Tue 13 Sep 2011 - 23:29

Generally disappointed tonight.

Worked really hard on the set-up for the race, and it paid dividends - qualified 3rd in lobby A.

Race 1 saw me running in 3rd when Nicky's car just slowed on the straight after the line a few laps in. I tried to avoid but the closing speed was too great, and I went in the back of him, putting me in the wall and Nicky in the pitlane. Safety car out, then restart, and managed to get back up to 3rd, before braking too deep into the last corner (not for the first time either), and running wide onto the grass. Recovered to take 6th, but with two more races wasn't too disappointed as the car definitely had pace.

Race 2 I don't really remember much of, I swapped positions a number of times, and was in 4th looking to close on Franchittifan, but pushing too hard and tyres going off saw me finishing there.

Race 3 I had high hopes for. My car seemed to have the legs on the ones in front, although contact between those cars into turn one opened the road for me and I was leading into turn 2. Two safety cars later and Nicky was pressuring me for the lead. I held on until the end of lap 11, and took the wide line through the last corner, taking the racing line for the run to the line and turn one. I was confident I was far enough ahead of Nicky, who I knew had closed on me in the previous corner, but next thing I was heading for the wall.

I'm not going to call an SI or have a go at Nicky, I only posted the previous post as it was a funny coincidence that it was similar to what happened to Plato at Knockhill, and we were talking previous to the race about how Iberian and Knockhill share some very similar attributes. Although I would say, Nicky, you were not alongside me, as you can see in the video, and I was on the racing line.

All in all disappointed that I couldn't make the pace of the car work for me, and although I still picked up solid points for the team, podiums and even the win was there in the final race.
ckBrenneke
ckBrenneke

Number of posts : 3856
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Tue 13 Sep 2011 - 23:55

id say nicky should have called that he had a slight run on you, but you did move over on him so 50/50 i see it.
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Wed 14 Sep 2011 - 0:11

Its pretty much straight road. If it was on a tight corner, it would totally be my fault for not backing out of the move, but on this particular bit of track I thought you would have seen me edging along side you.

Your Kia also had the legs on me down the straight. I knew that I wouldn't be along side for long, so I wouldn't have to back off.
nickyf1
nickyf1

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Wed 14 Sep 2011 - 0:16

quick question is it Sunset Club R or Sunset Full R next? id rather it was club as we've never used it and it would be a great event to see touring cars nose to tail round the track!!
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by ckBrenneke Wed 14 Sep 2011 - 0:27

nickyf1 wrote:Its pretty much straight road. If it was on a tight corner, it would totally be my fault for not backing out of the move, but on this particular bit of track I thought you would have seen me edging along side you.

Your Kia also had the legs on me down the straight. I knew that I wouldn't be along side for long, so I wouldn't have to back off.

First, I wasn't accusing you of putting me off. I'm not laying blame. It happened, and at the time, I wasn't angry and whining, I was disappointed.

But to answer your comment, that bit of road isn't straight. It kinks, first left then right, and there is a defined racing line through that. I stayed on the racing line which tightens following the last corner for the first kink. So I never moved over into a space you occupied, I was on the racing line, which is what I am pointing out following your first comment that I moved over on you when you were alongside. You weren't alongside, your nose was level with my rear bumper, and I was on the racing line heading for the kerb that lines the left of the first kink.
ckBrenneke
ckBrenneke

Back to top Go down

Post by ckBrenneke Wed 14 Sep 2011 - 0:27

FranchittiFan wrote:quick question is it Sunset Club R or Sunset Full R next? id rather it was club as we've never used it and it would be a great event to see touring cars nose to tail round the track!!

It's club reverse.
ckBrenneke
ckBrenneke

Back to top Go down

Post by ATR DAN Wed 14 Sep 2011 - 0:50

ATR DAN
ATR DAN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Wed 14 Sep 2011 - 1:13

Scot wrote:
nickyf1 wrote:Its pretty much straight road. If it was on a tight corner, it would totally be my fault for not backing out of the move, but on this particular bit of track I thought you would have seen me edging along side you.

First, I wasn't accusing you of putting me off. I'm not laying blame. It happened, and at the time, I wasn't angry and whining, I was disappointed.

But to answer your comment, that bit of road isn't straight. It kinks, first left then right, and there is a defined racing line through that. I stayed on the racing line which tightens following the last corner for the first kink. So I never moved over into a space you occupied, I was on the racing line, which is what I am pointing out following your first comment that I moved over on you when you were alongside. You weren't alongside, your nose was level with my rear bumper, and I was on the racing line heading for the kerb that lines the left of the first kink.

I didn't think you were pointing fingers, I just wanted to show what happened from my perspective, and why I stayed where I was on the track.

And Dan. That video shows just how much grip the Civic has. Even my Golf, which is probably the second best car in terms of grip, can't make the outer line stick, I have to hug the inside line and use the roads camber, as well as a little kerb, to take it comfortably and flat.
nickyf1
nickyf1

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Wed 14 Sep 2011 - 8:14

the reason dan got me there was the grip of the civic but also the down fall of the ford. I just couldnt take the turn flat at all everyone was faster through it than me. All I could do was get a great run out the last turn and hope id hold the gap till straight again, as the car was the quickest but not by much from that Nissan or Kia!
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by ATR DAN Wed 14 Sep 2011 - 8:46

Even in that overtake, I had to lift off to ensure that I didn't crash into Chaddy. He also lifted off quite a bit as well, but for the same reasons.
Again, I can understand if people aren't happy about my car. I've gifted my tune which I used at Iberian to Scot and the car is under review anyway. Just to give you a rough idea out of my head (if I can remember), my car has 267bhp and weighs 2,783lbs so I'm pretty much towards the maximum weight limit.

To be honest, I have enjoyed some of the racing in the TCC in previous races but last nights was just absolutely epic. I've thoroughly enjoyed the meeting. No, I'm not talking about the dominance in the first race. I'm talking about races two and three.
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Wed 14 Sep 2011 - 14:41

Gutted I missed this, I love racing around Iberian.

At least I'll be in to race for the last two meetings Very Happy

TCC Meeting 3 Discussion Thread - Iberian - 13/09/11 - Page 2 C7LquN0
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2