TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
ATR News Update - 14th September 2011 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
ATR News Update - 14th September 2011 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
ATR News Update - 14th September 2011 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
ATR News Update - 14th September 2011 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
ATR News Update - 14th September 2011 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
ATR News Update - 14th September 2011 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
ATR News Update - 14th September 2011 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
ATR News Update - 14th September 2011 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
ATR News Update - 14th September 2011 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

ATR News Update - 14th September 2011

Go down

ATR News Update - 14th September 2011 Empty ATR News Update - 14th September 2011

Hello everyone and welcome to the latest news update from ATR.

For the first time since Suzuka at the Asian leg of the TORA ISCC, all three Lola Aston Martins will be turning up to the next round of the American leg at Sunset Peninsula, following the return of JohnnyBoy3600 and the teams new signing, iZ GunDaM. All three drivers tested at the circuit Wednesday evening and the signs are looking really positive. Team boss DAN 2605 describes the progress that his team has made for the event:

"First of all, it's been a while since I've spoken in an interview so I might be a little rusty. I might have to resort in using some WD40! HA!
Anyway, after our initial test Wednesday evening, I'm really pleased of how much progress we have made. Our new driver (iZ GunDaM) has shown to be incredibly quick straight out of the box. I thought he would have struggled with the transition from a diesel car, but his pace has just been remarkable.
I'm really thrilled that my other team mate (JohnnyBoy3600) has decided to return to the race where we have our best shot at winning a race for the first time this season. Initially, he did struggle with the low downforce set-up I provided them both. However, with a bit of help and guidance on the set-up, it has transformed his pace. At this point, I would like to call myself a 'genius' because I've helped Johnny improve his laptimes by almost three seconds within a couple of laps, so he's looking very racey as well.
My laptimes have improved but I've made a set-up change to the aero so the car is now more consistant during a race distance. Also, I've been sticking to my new fitness programme so I'm a little bit more slimmer and fitter in preparation for the race this weekend. I really can't wait until the race this Sunday. Bring it on!"

DAN 2605
ATR News Update - 14th September 2011 007_da10
JohnnyBoy3600
ATR News Update - 14th September 2011 008_jo10
iZ GunDaM
ATR News Update - 14th September 2011 009_iz10
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

TORA Race Number : 7
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4872
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

ATR News Update - 14th September 2011 :: Comments

Post Sun 18 Sep 2011 - 22:39 by johnnyboy360

My quote for tonight's race:

An amazing race tonight! I though my race was over during qualifying when I hit the wall lightly and the 12% aero damage was enough to stop me from any improvement. So, I qualified last of the P1s, (Lobby C, position 2) and went into the race worried about what was to come. So the race began, we took our positions (in fact the random position setting put us all there anyway! A one in a billion chance! Razz ) and rolled our way round the track. With AudiSport Louis in 1st, he called out "1-2-3, go!" and we was on our way. But what came after the go signal was immense. I had SO much more straight line speed over him, I just took him. So we carried on the race as you do, he pitted about 35 minutes in, me, I went to 42 minutes on VERY little fuel! I made it into the pits and came out with plenty of space! And I went on to win the race in our lobby! Then team boss Dan2605 pulled me and iZ GunDam in for a quick debrief. We were anxious about where we came. Then Dan surprised me. His word were "We are the only 2 to complete 50 laps!" Meaning it was a 1-2 for Dan and me (Dan 1st, me 2nd). We couldn't contain our excitement! But unluckily for Ben, his race didn't go so well and finished 7th. He was downbeat but pleased for mine and Dans positions! I thank Dan for the tune he gave me when I said we needed more downforce! The car handled amazingly well and still had tremendous speed! Hats off to the backrunners who were well aware of our positions behind them and getting out of the way for us! This result, for me, is a great welcome back to ISCC! And believe me, THERE'S MORE TO COME!!!!

Back to top Go down