TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
ATR News Update - 26th September 2011 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
ATR News Update - 26th September 2011 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
ATR News Update - 26th September 2011 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
ATR News Update - 26th September 2011 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
ATR News Update - 26th September 2011 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
ATR News Update - 26th September 2011 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
ATR News Update - 26th September 2011 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
ATR News Update - 26th September 2011 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
ATR News Update - 26th September 2011 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

ATR News Update - 26th September 2011

Go down

ATR News Update - 26th September 2011 Empty ATR News Update - 26th September 2011

Hello everyone and welcome to the latest news from ATR.

Yesterday evening hosted round 4 of the American leg of the ISCC at Sebring. It was predicted that ATR would struggle for the top step of the podium where a balance of downforce as well as speed is required. Despite these issues, a very strong performance from the team was always going to be guaranteed. And sure enough, team boss rounded off a win last time out with a superb second place on the podium after troubles from VVV's Micko when the Audi pilot suffered damage about half way into the race. Mean while, Ben had a tremendous race long battle with Chris in his Aero Dynamics Lola Jaguar. He eventually lost out to the WWR driver, but very much enjoyed his race to finish in fifth overall.

In the touring cars, the team has announced that since this new additions to slow the teams Honda Civic, team boss Daniel had decided it would be in the best interests of the team if they swapped their cars to their second choice which they announced is the 2006 VW Golf GTI. We asked Daniel for a quick word and he was only too polite to accept the request:

So Daniel, how do you feel about this handicap being placed on your cars?

I feel really sad to be honest. We've had no choice but to end our relationship with Honda. Its sad to end in the most controversial way, but it's also to the best interests of my team mates. I thought it would be hugely unfair on them if we was to stay with our current car, knowing that we've had this penalty added. Its a shame because we (ATR) have worked so damm hard and spent a long time on our cars preparing them for each race meeting and we was reeping the rewards for our hard efforts.
I can understand if people was upset about the pace of our car and we was gaining such an advantage compared to the rest of the field. But, that was just in my hands. I've argued that not everyone can extract the maximum out of every car, not even the best car on the grid. But TORA have made their decision as final, no point trying to make a case against it anymore. We've got to move on and see how the rest of the season pans out for us. But there's no doubt this has affected us as a team.

You've made the switch to your second choice which is the VW. Was that a wise choice or was there more to your decision?

I would say it was a wise choice yes. Since NickyF1's team had folded, silentalarm42 was the ideal person to ask for feedback on the car, seeing that it's won a couple of races this year and has consistently performed well enough to be the second best car behind the Civic. Or shall I say now it's the best car, judging by the Civic now being redundant.

Can you still win both the championships?

I don't know. Its too early to say really. We've only had the VW Golf for a day or so. Its impossible to predict where we will be until we have covered some more miles in testing.
Sunset doesn't look very promising for us. The best lap I could extract so far out of the Golf is a 1:03.9xx and top speed of about 142/143mph down the straight. There's still work to be done yet.

After a decision like this, if you was to lose both titles, would you question your decision about racing in the TCC in future?

It would certainly make me think about it. Possibly. To get to where we are, from the ashes of THR and Austins Motorsport to create ATR when Matt decided to take some time away, enter teams in the TASCAR, ISCC and TCC all within a couple of months, it's an incredible achievement to be leading in two of those championships. Its all down to the hard work of myself and my current team mates to get to where we are now. If we was to lose the TCC title through no fault of our own, it would make me question about racing in the series. But I can give you one re-assurace, we will never give up and we'll fight back.

Lets switch subject to the ISCC. How pleased are you with the teams peformance this year going into the final round?

Theres no doubt that I'm thrilled and proud to have been involved in this programme with Aston Martin this year to run their amazing LMP1 machine. It's been a dream of mine to race in the top category with this brand since they decided to enter in LMP1 in 2009. Its a shame that I haven't been able to campaign in all of the rounds this year but 2012 is going to be different. We are still hoping to run with the Lola Aston Martin but our plans are not final as of yet.
I think that my performances have proved in particular that I am right up there amongst the best drivers in the business. This years LMP1 field has been extremely tough and fierce with some top quality drivers. I could mention a few, Magictap, Micko, Berty, WWR Aero, Audisport Louis. My team mates have been extremely good this year despite the tough competition. I think the highlight of this year has been our first and second place at Sunset Peninsula. Just thinking of that event, I'm still buzzing inside. Its a day in my TORA racing career that I will never forget.

One last question. What are you aiming for at the last race at Petit?

Victory for me is defernately out of the question. Our best chance at the top step is with Ben at the wheel. I have a 10% handicap which will affect me no end. I think if we could be both on the podium at Road Atlanta, then that would be a dream result.

Many thanks for time Daniel.

It's a pleasure.
ATR DAN
ATR DAN

TORA Race Number : 7
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4872
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

ATR News Update - 26th September 2011 :: Comments

ATR DAN

Post Mon 26 Sep 2011 - 20:40 by ATR DAN

I wonder who disliked this? Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

ATR DAN

Post Mon 26 Sep 2011 - 22:21 by ATR DAN

I'm not going to mention who but I know who's doing this. I'm not gonna bother posting anymore if someones being childish and pressing the dislike icon 3 times. Make it 4 in a minute.

Back to top Go down

Ax4x Chaddy

Post Mon 26 Sep 2011 - 22:29 by Ax4x Chaddy

there was no need to change car i think, Dan the civic would lose its 5% after sunset im sure. Just put as much grip in it as you can and go racing. Your a very fast driver and im sure in a race meeting could still get top 3's in that car. The civic is my second choice and was thinking of moving to it if sunset goes really bad for me even if my ford is quick.

Back to top Go down

ATR DAN

Post Mon 26 Sep 2011 - 22:37 by ATR DAN

Guess what Chad? After much confusion and bickering behind the scenes, we will be sticking with the Honda after all. Wink

Back to top Go down

Ax4x Chaddy

Post Mon 26 Sep 2011 - 22:38 by Ax4x Chaddy

still with the 5%?

Back to top Go down

ATR DAN

Post Mon 26 Sep 2011 - 22:39 by ATR DAN

Sadly yes.

Back to top Go down

ATR DAN

Post Mon 26 Sep 2011 - 23:14 by ATR DAN

WE'VE BEEN SAVED! Now we can get back to the track as per normal. cheers

@silentalarm42 - Don't quit mate. Join us till the very end. Despite this slight niggle, I still believe we can do it. It's all about belief!

Many thanks once again Scot. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down