TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
ATR News Update - 18th September 2011 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
ATR News Update - 18th September 2011 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
ATR News Update - 18th September 2011 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
ATR News Update - 18th September 2011 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
ATR News Update - 18th September 2011 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
ATR News Update - 18th September 2011 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
ATR News Update - 18th September 2011 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
ATR News Update - 18th September 2011 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
ATR News Update - 18th September 2011 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

ATR News Update - 18th September 2011

Go down

ATR News Update - 18th September 2011 Empty ATR News Update - 18th September 2011

Hello everyone and welcome to the latest news update from ATR. Usually we report weekly in order to regroup everything. Well we're doing it a bit earlier today.

Special Agent 009 (or Sixth Element) is here to report from Penisula, Texas. And at last, we've scored a win! Now where's the women?

Anywho, in the qualifying for this race, I... well, I think John will tell his reaction via live commentary:

"Now we've just been given an update for the qualifying... And well, where did Special Agent 009 come from?! He's gone 3 tenths slower than Dan! But... But he wasnt even breaking the 1.10 barrier last time we checked up on him! Did he happen to pull the nitrous button?! No matter, Im... Staggered. And I imagine they'll be many, many happy words from Dan and Johnny. By the way, we've already decided to give driver of the day to Ben, so need for discuss about the race."

After that, race went relatively normal, and I looked like I had a chance of finally redeeming myself. Unfortunately, 41 minutes in, the barries decided to act like a permanent Blue Shell, and I hit it. Suffice to say, many colourful words were going through me inside my McRae tribute helmet. Nevertheless, I told the car that it was NOT going to die on me and to hold it out a little longer. I dragged it into 7th overall and last in P1. Still though... I think this has been the most successful weekend in the ISCC since my debut! And I walked away with 3 honours:

1. Being awarded with Hinny's Driver of the Day Award before the race even begun
2. Joining ATHR for whichever event I decided to
And 3. Learning that Ive already redeemed myself even with the crash

So yeah, todays been a good day. And yes, you can sense my undying will when I talked to track reporters after the race:

"I may not like where the race led me, but ultimately, this car is a testament as to just why the 908 absolutely sucks! And as Johnny said, "THERE'S MORE TO COME!!""

Now if you dont mind: I'm off to celebrate with the boys!
VVV GunDaM
VVV GunDaM

Playstation 4 PC

Number of posts : 1086
Registration date : 2011-03-06

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

ATR News Update - 18th September 2011 :: Comments

ATR DAN

Post Sun 18 Sep 2011 - 23:10 by ATR DAN

johnnyboy360 wrote:My quote for tonight's race:

An amazing race tonight! I though my race was over during qualifying when I hit the wall lightly and the 12% aero damage was enough to stop me from any improvement. So, I qualified last of the P1s, (Lobby C, position 2) and went into the race worried about what was to come. So the race began, we took our positions (in fact the random position setting put us all there anyway! A one in a billion chance! Razz ) and rolled our way round the track. With AudiSport Louis in 1st, he called out "1-2-3, go!" and we was on our way. But what came after the go signal was immense. I had SO much more straight line speed over him, I just took him. So we carried on the race as you do, he pitted about 35 minutes in, me, I went to 42 minutes on VERY little fuel! I made it into the pits and came out with plenty of space! And I went on to win the race in our lobby! Then team boss Dan2605 pulled me and iZ GunDam in for a quick debrief. We were anxious about where we came. Then Dan surprised me. His word were "We are the only 2 to complete 50 laps!" Meaning it was a 1-2 for Dan and me (Dan 1st, me 2nd). We couldn't contain our excitement! But unluckily for Ben, his race didn't go so well and finished 7th. He was downbeat but pleased for mine and Dans positions! I thank Dan for the tune he gave me when I said we needed more downforce! The car handled amazingly well and still had tremendous speed! Hats off to the backrunners who were well aware of our positions behind them and getting out of the way for us! This result, for me, is a great welcome back to ISCC! And believe me, THERE'S MORE TO COME!!!!

Right now, I'm a bit lost for words. What an aboslutely epic race meeting it has been for everyone involved in the Gulf ATR team. And what an absolute honour and priviledge it is to give the Lola Aston Martin a win it finally deserves after two seasons in the hands of THR and now us. My dreams have finally come true!
This race has to be in honour of the valiant efforts from everyone in the ATR team for preparing the cars to perfection and also produce a stunning result which will take a very long time to forget.
Johnny, what can I say. What an inspiring and awesome drive he produced in that race. He was feeling real low after quali, but giving out some kind words of wisdom seems to have helped a lot.
Ben's time will come. I'm equally as thrilled about the performance of whats to come from him in the rest of the season. He nearly outqualified myself which would have been embarrassing! lol! I'm really gutted that he suffered damage in that race, but I'm not disappointed with him at all. In fact, I am very proud of both of our drivers after tonights result.

This has to be the best and proudest moment I've ever had in my time racing with The Online Racing Association.

Back to top Go down