TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
1,000th Post! News and Updates! EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
1,000th Post! News and Updates! EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
1,000th Post! News and Updates! EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
1,000th Post! News and Updates! EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
1,000th Post! News and Updates! EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
1,000th Post! News and Updates! EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
1,000th Post! News and Updates! EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
1,000th Post! News and Updates! EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
1,000th Post! News and Updates! EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

1,000th Post! News and Updates!

Go down

1,000th Post! News and Updates! Empty 1,000th Post! News and Updates!

Well, I have been here for just over a year and can I just say that it has been an amazing experience! I started out as a guy who wanted to rely on his real life (I know you guys are real but I mean people I know personally) mates to join his team and have a great time, but that turned out bad. Twice! I started out in GT4 with the Lotus Exige and it was a great car. Once my mate left me, I had an offer still in the Exige and it was going ok, then he left me and I had to drag his team to finish. Not the best thing. But from then, I rebuilt my team with another mate who seemed interested then after 2 races, he left. But I had multiple offers. EZT, WWR, but one that stood out, was Dan2605s offer. He said, "I'm not a well built team who is designed to be the fastest they can, I'm just your average privateer!" So I took up his offer and we finished off Winter GT (From the Ferrari to the Porsche) and NGTC. Then we got to work in ISCC in the Aston and it took time but I got there and the Aston is an amazing car and just needs patience and concentration! Another thing that got me through to handling the Aston, is Dan himself! He is very patient and a great guy! More importantly, a great team boss who expects nothing but your best in every race! And that's what everyone in ATR do! I have had two top three finishes! 3rd at round 3 and 2nd at Sunset! Sunset was a 1-2 for me and Dan but sadly Ben lost out after a glitch in the pits. But we have overcome that and are looking forward to next round! However I am not able to make the last 2 races. As most of you should know, I run GPWC and after the mods here decided to move the ISCC forward, it clashes with GPWC and sadly GPWC wins the argument as I run it and host it! But I am looking forward to next years ISCC! My year here has been great! In just under a year I took over GPWC, had a few wins and joined a great team! However, it is not the last of Johnnyboy360 Racing. I may be with ATR for the foreseeable future but this team is mine, and there may be a championship where no one in ATR wants to run in, so I will still use this but "With ATR" next to it! I have made great mates here and have enjoyed it here! It's still my first and only community I run with! Here's to the next year and another 1,000 posts from John Murphy (aka Johnnyboy3600)!
johnnyboy360

Number of posts : 1287
Registration date : 2010-07-24

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

1,000th Post! News and Updates! :: Comments

nickyf1

Post Wed 21 Sep 2011 - 0:43 by nickyf1

I wonder how long ago it was I hit 1,000....

Good to see you are having fun, eh?

Back to top Go down

XTI Avenger

Post Wed 21 Sep 2011 - 0:59 by XTI Avenger

Wow, I just hit 1,000 and I've been here like 3 years?? Either way, glad your doing alright and TORA's been fun. I know we've had a few decent races in the GT4's and hopefully they've been fun. Congrats!

Back to top Go down

Ax4x Chaddy

Post Wed 21 Sep 2011 - 8:23 by Ax4x Chaddy

Congrats on a year of racing here mate cheers

Hopefully you'll have a great last two races in the TCC too!

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 21 Sep 2011 - 8:52 by johnnyboy360

I may not be here for much longer if it is gonna carry on like this. Nothing against any of you here. But if you see on the ISCC Calender topic, Mr Biggs wants to get rid of F1 because it clashes with his precious GT and ISCC. And I think that's wrong, because I know people who still want it. But that is just stupid to say that.

Back to top Go down

Richy59

Post Wed 21 Sep 2011 - 10:14 by Richy59

TORA has never considered the option of dropping the GPWC, and as Simon said it his not his decision to drop a series from our roster. The GPWC is a core TORA series and even although our current community does not embrace the F1 games with as much passion as the Forza games, it doesn't mean that we will be getting rid of the series.

As I have said elsewhere, the F1 games are hugely popular, even with the new game coming out. They eclipse some Froza series that are running and one forum I know has massive numbers. The game is still very popular, and hopefully we can shake things up and get more people involved in this series.

Our community is becoming far too Forza based. We are The Online Racing Association, not The Forza Racing Association. Forza is the best game for some of the series we want, but it is not the be all and end all of online racing. We should be here to cover as much online racign as possible on as many platforms as possible, and I think that is something we seem to be forgetting.

Back to top Go down

ATR DAN

Post Wed 21 Sep 2011 - 11:08 by ATR DAN

Stop it! I've gone bright red! lol Razz

Many congratulations mate on your first year of TORA as well as your 1,000th post. You've been an exellent team mate. There's nothing stopping you from running your own team. I'll back you 100% behind your decision to keep JohnnyBoy360 Racing alive. So long as us at ATR do the best we can to support you in anyway we can, when it comes to preparing the cars and set-ups, paints etc etc.

Back to top Go down

Ax4x Chaddy

Post Wed 21 Sep 2011 - 11:39 by Ax4x Chaddy

If you do keep JohnnyBoy360 Racing, shorten it to say Team JBR or something like that

Back to top Go down

Biggsy tv

Post Wed 21 Sep 2011 - 12:06 by Biggsy tv

From an outsider, GPWC failed in its current form. I've lost the passion for the series, and with there being about 3 people who turn up now, Seems many others have lost it too.

However, if there is still interest then I can't see why it shouldn't continue, and other then those things mentioned above there 100% should be a F1 series. Just the current form doesn't seem to have worked.

Anyways, onto you Johnnyboy, I please ask you to stop jumping to conclusions, and instead use that passion for letting everyone know you are the gRAnD AM champion. Lol! Razz

Back to top Go down

JeffH16

Post Wed 21 Sep 2011 - 13:22 by JeffH16

Congratulations John! Hope you stay around and continue racing!

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 21 Sep 2011 - 13:35 by johnnyboy360

To Simon and all TORA mods who I may have upset with what I said, I'm sorry I jumped to a conclusion but when someone said about dropping it, I got quite upset! But I will do my best and work my ass off to get as many people as I can for GPWC next year! And Simon, about the gRAnD AM... YAAAY!!! I WON A CHAMPIONSHIP!!! After 1 race!!! Lol, that was fun! I know F1 failed after a while but next year will be different!

To everyone who has congratulated me, thank you all! And I will stay here! I'll miss you lot!!! But yeah I am staying! Just got a bit upset when someone said that!

Back to top Go down

Biggsy tv

Post Wed 21 Sep 2011 - 14:05 by Biggsy tv

Sorry, I have a habit of wording things wrong. Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 21 Sep 2011 - 16:12 by johnnyboy360

DAN 2605 wrote:Stop it! I've gone bright red! lol Razz

Many congratulations mate on your first year of TORA as well as your 1,000th post. You've been an exellent team mate. There's nothing stopping you from running your own team. I'll back you 100% behind your decision to keep JohnnyBoy360 Racing alive. So long as us at ATR do the best we can to support you in anyway we can, when it comes to preparing the cars and set-ups, paints etc etc.

Haha!

Thanks Dan, and I know if need any help, I know I have you and the whole of ATR to count on!

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down