TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
DRIVER BLOG>> Slider S15: A Tale of Two Cars EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
DRIVER BLOG>> Slider S15: A Tale of Two Cars EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
DRIVER BLOG>> Slider S15: A Tale of Two Cars EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
DRIVER BLOG>> Slider S15: A Tale of Two Cars EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
DRIVER BLOG>> Slider S15: A Tale of Two Cars EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
DRIVER BLOG>> Slider S15: A Tale of Two Cars EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
DRIVER BLOG>> Slider S15: A Tale of Two Cars EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
DRIVER BLOG>> Slider S15: A Tale of Two Cars EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
DRIVER BLOG>> Slider S15: A Tale of Two Cars EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

DRIVER BLOG>> Slider S15: A Tale of Two Cars

Go down

DRIVER BLOG>> Slider S15: A Tale of Two Cars Empty DRIVER BLOG>> Slider S15: A Tale of Two Cars

Photobucket

Well first things first, It's good to be back!! TORA has always been the pinnacle of Online Motorsports and in the year i've been away the competition has stepped up and the whole organization has gone from strength to strength. I'm proud to be a part of TORA again, let alone one with their name in the TORA History books.

Photobucket

Qualifying for the Clubman cup did not go as planned, only managing one clean flying lap which was several seconds down on the potential of the car was a frustrating begining to the event but one which should hve been expected, Qualifying has never been my strong point. A Night of fighting my way up the Grid in Lobby B awaited me!

However it soon became apparent that the Scion FR-S was somewhat off the pace with everything walking past on the straights, the corners were magic, but without the power to compete on the straights things didn't go well and race one was frustrating to say the least.

Photobucket

Race 2 was much the same with the FR-S obviously struggling within the confines of the Clubman Cup Rules. Due to the experimental nature of the Clubman Cup I was awarded 10 more pi points to level the FR-S with the Old-Skool RWD Class, (The Modern RWD class being the lowest pi class in the series)

Photobucket

This boost saw the FR-S MUCH more competitive being able to stay with the field and give me a chance to show that im not quite past it yet...

Photobucket

...However I am a bit rusty! Accidentally (But very accurately) taking out CMR Graphic's Aston Martin Cygnet in Race 4 after trying to switch back up his inside and instead clipping the rear bumper and spinning him round.

Photobucket

This annoyed my much more though, after pushing too hard in the final corner I lost control of the FR-S and "Collected" the rear of the Ford Sierra RS500 of Franchittifan. This picture is the moment of "Impact" even though he's about a foot from my front bumper, If Forza knew where my front end ACTUALLY was he would have survived this and gone on to a very strong podium...

Photobucket

After this I requested a change of car to another car I had up to spec, a Nissan S15!! Believe it or not, despite my gamertag this is the first time i've ever used an S15 at this level, however with lots of knowledge of the S-Chassis from various Drift and Time Attack projects the S15 was a very well developed car... AND IT SHOWED!!

Photobucket

After starting on pole thanks to my adventures in the previous race and the reverse grid system, I started strong and thrust myself into a strong lead, one I managed to hold onto for several laps.

Photobucket

This was the move that cost me the lead (and several panels on my S15!) The Golf's were strong and despite my best efforts I couldn't fight back into the lead.

Photobucket

Although I did try! The 3 wide racing that these Clubman Rules provided should really be praised...

Photobucket

...Even if thing's didn't always work out when things got tight!

Photobucket

After a Titanic battle with Franchittifan's RS500 he nailed me with anawesome move coming out of the final turn, Justified revenge after my ham fisted driving had taken him out of a strong position in the previous race.

Photobucket

In the end it was a pretty good return to top level racing, with Race 5 reassuring me that despite my earlier wobbles, the speed and race craft were still within me to do well here at TORA. And thats exactly what I intend to do!!

It's good to be back, and i'll be racing as often as work commitments will allow!

In the meantime check out my sponsor and forza dedicated page Slider's Storefront by visiting www.facebook.com/SlidersStorefront

Slider S15
Slider S15

TORA Race Number : 219
Number of posts : 3711
Registration date : 2009-01-24

https://www.facebook.com/SlidersStorefront

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

DRIVER BLOG>> Slider S15: A Tale of Two Cars :: Comments

Ax4x Chaddy

Post Sun 19 Aug 2012 - 18:00 by Ax4x Chaddy

Was great having you back mate and id love to see you race more, The Porsche supercup is happening on Tuesday nights soon you should race in it!

Back to top Go down

garyp3398

Post Sun 19 Aug 2012 - 18:15 by garyp3398

Great race report and pictures as normal Slider Smile
Its good to see you back and getting up to speed.TORA changed alot since you left.
The Sion is an amazing looking car the performance isnt up to scratch on the straights but it corners really well.Bet you have a few drift versions already Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down